PDA

View Full Version : Oof

Edaarin
01-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Heh. So after my accounting study group Sunday night, I get back around midnight. Martino's (my roommate) side of the room is pretty much packed up, his wardrobe is empty, his suits and jackets are packed up and he has his suitcases on the floor. And his pictures on the wall are all taken down. I stayed up till about 3 to see if he'd get back to see what's up, but I wound up passing out because I had a 9 am class. Anyway, he gets back right as I'm about to head out to class so I asked him what was up, and he said somethin like, "Nah man I'm just doing laundry. The pictures? I was thinkin of putting some posters up." Weird, but whatever, I went to class. Got back after lunch, and his side of the room is EMPTY as hell. His bedsheets are gone, comforter gone, laptop, TV, his desk drawers are empty too, so I'm sitting here thinking, what the fuck is going on?

CrystalTears
01-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Did you guys have a fight? Does he have a girlfriend he might have moved in with?

I don't like it when people get up and go like that without a word. :(

Vesi
01-21-2004, 04:20 PM
I think it was more than laundry.

Vesi

P. S. If he's that much of a prick not telling you he's moving... you're better off without him.

peam
01-21-2004, 04:20 PM
More importantly, do you have him bound under lease?

Edaarin
01-21-2004, 04:21 PM
...we're guys, we don't have fights. Only girls have problems with their roommates. I'm not tryin to be sexist, but it's just what I've observed in the last year and a half.

He hated it here, but I thought he'd stay till at least next semester. Looks like he lied right to my face though. And to answer your second question, he's got 3 girls he alternates sleeping over at but none of them know where he is.

EDIT: Weird thing is, we just paid rent a week and a half ago, so he could have booked then and saved $400.

[Edited on 1-21-2004 by Edaarin]

CrystalTears
01-21-2004, 04:34 PM
What do you mean you don't have fights? Men don't fight? You don't call each other assholes or whatever and storm out? Maybe I've been friends with strange men then? :D

Vesi
01-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
...we're guys, we don't have fights. Only girls have problems with their roommates. I'm not tryin to be sexist, but it's just what I've observed in the last year and a half.

Well, you may not fight but he obviously didn't see the need to talk out any problems. I find this true in many men. Sorry if I'm being sexist. Lots of men like to avoid confrontations that don't involve fists. In a war of words they tend to run like little boys.

Vesi

I still say good riddance.

[Edited on 1-21-2004 by Vesi]

Edaarin
01-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Nah, if we had a problem we would have talked about it. Right now I'm thinkin he just quit school without telling anyone, including his parents. I have no problem calling one of my roommates out if I have a problem with something.

Wezas
01-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Maybe it's all the grinding you do against him at night. That would definately get me to leave.

Skirmisher
01-21-2004, 05:23 PM
You borrowed his underwear one too many times?

Used his tooth brush?

What was it??? Now I'm curious. :(

Bobmuhthol
01-21-2004, 05:25 PM
He has another man in his life.

GSLeloo
01-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Aw poor Edaarin. Maybe he just snapped and went nuts.

Edaarin
01-21-2004, 05:44 PM
At least I can finally play some music without headphones on.

Latrinsorm
01-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Maybe he just felt like leaving for awhile.

It's that or Wezas' explanation.

Snapp
01-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Heh, my roomie did the same thing a couple years ago. Slowly her shit started disappearing, I asked her what was going on, and she said that her parents wanted some of it back.. Then one day I come home from work and her and all of her shit was gone... RIGHT after we signed the lease for another year. Yeah, that was nice.

01-21-2004, 09:50 PM
so like now you gotta come up with a extra 400 for next month dont ya Edaarin

Edaarin
01-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Either I find a new roommate, or the five of us fork out an extra $80 apiece.

Souzy
01-21-2004, 11:29 PM
Why not put out an add for a roommate? I'm sure you'll get a whole bunch of weirdos, just like you :D

Soulpieced
01-22-2004, 12:41 AM
The leasing at our apartment is by room, not by suite (whole apartment). So if someone books, they are solely responsible.

Shari
01-22-2004, 12:58 AM
Hehehe....you wonder why he LEFT? When YOU are HIS roomate? <howls in laughter>

No, in all honesty it sucks that he did that. But I'm sure you wont have any problem finding some freak (like you) to move in with the rest of ya'll, just like Lalana said.

Shari
01-22-2004, 01:02 AM
OH, and one more thing...

Girls...they FIGHT. They scream, throw things, and occasionally we can get into some glorious fist-throwing, hair pulling fights. And then we never speak to each other again. Girls hold grudges...hence the reason why I have like TWO really close friends who are girls...the rest are guys.

Guys DO fight. Usually it starts as a screaming match, they beat the shit out of each other, and the next day they are best friends. :?: I honestly don't get it. But because of this, I have more guy friends because they're so damned laxidasical.

I love men.

01-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Heh, me and my friends usually don't scream. We just used to beat the shit out of each other on a daily basis.

Anebriated
01-22-2004, 01:17 AM
I wouldn't say scream... more like emphasize... sort of like when i told my roommate that he could stick his phone up his ass so that he would no longer have to tell me how he hated having his ex girlfriend call every day... Yea, im getting a new roommate now too, seems my old one took offense to my comments. (his waking me up at 7am to talk about his ex didnt help either)