PDA

View Full Version : OTF

Laccon
10-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Just wondering seeing as i'll have laccon back in a week or two, do alot of people still hunt up at OTF, that is with all the new hunting areas that are around now, like the bowels and the one on teras and i'm reading now one soon to be in the rift? Also, the same people still hang around Illistim and are most of the people in Illistim still from what i remembered snooty or rather rude?

Gan
10-01-2008, 09:51 AM
I hunt OTF when I actually get motivated to log in. Right now that average has been about once a month.

Laccon
10-01-2008, 09:59 AM
It's good too see that a fellow rogue is still around. Although i'm sure you have capped by now hah, laccon is still right where i left him, around 88-90 i think. But at least i finished the guild off before i left.

Trouble
10-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Just wondering seeing as i'll have laccon back in a week or two, do alot of people still hunt up at OTF, that is with all the new hunting areas that are around now, like the bowels and the one on teras and i'm reading now one soon to be in the rift? Also, the same people still hang around Illistim and are most of the people in Illistim still from what i remembered snooty or rather rude?

I logged in for the first time in a month or so last weekend and OTF was pretty quiet. I saw one other MA group and that was about it. I didn't go into TI itself though since I usually rest in Sylvarraend, so I don't know about potential snootiness.

Lucos
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Lucos still hunts OTF since Teras sucks rat nuts. He rests at the Shim Inn when not behind the barrier. Ravashaak is in Illistim also and just started hunting the Skull Temple. Lucos grandmastered the guild, but Ravashaak is still working on guild skills. If you are looking for a guild training partner, Rav will most likely go for it. Rav just hit 70 I think.

If you are behind the barrier and see the crate, then you will know that Lucos is skulking around. Not sure what style of hunting you use, but if you are a sword and board/hide/ambush type with 5 ranks of Shadow Mastery, sneak-hunting behind the barrier is the way to go.

Laccon
10-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the guild offer but i've been a Grandmaster for sometime, since before i left. And thats good to know that it's fairly quiet.... and i do Open Archery wearing fullplate and i'm tanked up on spells too, i like the magical rogue training paths.....

Gan
10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
It's good too see that a fellow rogue is still around. Although i'm sure you have capped by now hah, laccon is still right where i left him, around 88-90 i think. But at least i finished the guild off before i left.

Have not capped. Ganalon is almost 90. I sold him for a while but bought him back in a fit of nostalgia. He was 89 when I sold him, and 89 when I bought him back.

I hunt OTF as a sniper (hider/archer).

My biggest pains are Griffons and when something casts web in an area. Otherwise its not a difficult place to hunt.

Edit:
Thumbs-up on the sneak hunting remark. Thats how I roll in Ithzir.

Lucos
10-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Wolfloner is a rogue (pretty sure) and hunts Ithzir as an archer. And Blades is around fairly often also, but he uses TWC. There are quite a few rogues taking their due behind the barrier.

Stunseed
10-01-2008, 04:51 PM
I run OTF north when the gangs aren't there. :)

Sean of the Thread
10-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Is the same owner still behind Blades?

Morrff
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Last I knew he was the same

IorakeWarhammer
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
You see a fairly typical greater construct.
It has deep gashes and serious bleeding from its abdomen.
It has an old carmiln buckler.
DEAD>
A greater construct stomps in.
DEAD>
A greater construct struggles to rise but fails in the attempt.
DEAD>l other con

It has deep gashes and serious bleeding from its abdomen.
It has an old carmiln buckler.
DEAD>
ll
Please rephrase that command.
DEAD>l
[Old Ta'Faendryl, Southeast]
A toppled pillar, twisted by erosion and stained by water and time, leans like a weary old man against the trunk of a young oak. Rounded stones from collapsing garden walls mark out a sporadic path through the ruins of the city. You also see a greater construct, a greater construct, a twisted crystal-tipped staff, a scratched gold box, a gleaming steel broadsword and a greater construct that is lying down.
Obvious paths: northeast, west
DEAD>l con

It appears to be in good shape.
It has an ornate mithril greatshield.
DEAD>
l third con

You see a fairly typical greater construct that is lying down.
It has snapped bones and serious bleeding from its neck, a fractured and bleeding right arm, a fractured and bleeding left arm, some minor cuts and bruises on its right leg, a fractured and bleeding left leg, a fractured and bleeding right hand, deep lacerations across its chest, deep gashes and serious bleeding from its abdomen, deep lacerations across its back and a blinded left eye.
It has a mithglin greatshield.
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
A greater construct stomps west.
DEAD>
A greater construct struggles to rise but fails in the attempt.
DEAD>l
[Old Ta'Faendryl, Southeast]
A toppled pillar, twisted by erosion and stained by water and time, leans like a weary old man against the trunk of a young oak. Rounded stones from collapsing garden walls mark out a sporadic path through the ruins of the city. You also see a greater construct, a greater construct, a greater construct, a twisted crystal-tipped staff, a scratched gold box, a gleaming steel broadsword and a greater construct that is lying down.
Obvious paths: northeast, west
DEAD>l con

It has a blinded left eye.
It has a scratched orase aegis.
DEAD>l other con

It appears to be in good shape.
It has an etched mithril aegis.
these guys are ballin with the custom shields. this is in shattered. i don't think anyone script hunts these.

Lucos
02-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Chances are they are shields dropped by the Ithzir. Cons don't gen with shields, but will snatch them up in a second if one is on the ground.

drunksolo
02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
My biggest pains are Griffons and when something casts web in an area. Otherwise its not a difficult place to hunt.

Grab some fine opaline dust for those area webs.

http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?itemname=opaline+dust

Throw it at the web to dissolve it - as long as you can activate it it'll always dissolve the web in one toss. I usually hate using consumable magic items, but it's a real life saver and comes with several charges.

IorakeWarhammer
02-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I just found it rather amazing that of the 5 constructs in the room, ALL of them had shields. I think some were lost by players, others automatically generated. Found a sweet mithglin greatshield..