PDA

View Full Version : OHE questions

Morph
09-30-2008, 02:42 PM
I was wondering if someone who knows a lot about weapons could answer some quick questions for me.

1. Is it true that falchions and axes are the best overall OHE's?
2. How good are longswords compared to falchions and axes?
3. Is there a big difference in value between say an 8x flaring falchion and an 8x flaring longsword?
4. Is the only problem with longswords the fact that they puncture?
5. Is there a way to get rid of the puncture damage on longswords, and if so how?

Thanks.

Izzy
09-30-2008, 02:49 PM
I was wondering if someone who knows a lot about weapons could answer some quick questions for me.

1. Is it true that falchions and axes are the best overall OHE's?
2. How good are longswords compared to falchions and axes?
3. Is there a big difference in value between say an 8x flaring falchion and an 8x flaring longsword?
4. Is the only problem with longswords the fact that they puncture?
5. Is there a way to get rid of the puncture damage on longswords, and if so how?

Thanks.

1. Objective
2. Longswords are faster, but have a lower damage factor. They can puncture, which makes them better for ambushing eyes.
3. Big? Probably not.
4. Lower damage too. And no crush.
5. Cman precision, but doesn't work on aimed/mstriked attacks.

Kitsun
09-30-2008, 02:50 PM
1. Falchions and axes have the best DFs across the board. If you want to hit the hardest in one strike, then that would qualify as your "best."

mgoddess
09-30-2008, 03:02 PM
4. Lower damage too. And no crush.
Unless documentation is wrong, longsword's do crushing damage, along with the slashing and puncture damage.

Morph
09-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Thank you all for the speedy replies. I guess some more information is needed in regard to what I mean by best OHE. I am trying to get a nice OHE for an ambushing ranger and I bought an 8x flaring weapon under the impression that it was a falchion. However, to both mine and the seller's surprise it's actually a longsword. So now I am trying to figure out if I should keep it still.

Some Rogue
09-30-2008, 03:32 PM
As an ambushing rogue, I've mostly used longswords. To me, unless something is resistant to punctures or whatever, the type of weapon usually doesn't make a huge difference. If I hit what I aim for, barring a random crit, it's dead.