PDA

View Full Version : Heroes season 3

SHAFT
09-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Anyone else watching? This has to be my favorite show on TV. I saw a commercial showing an interesting twist with Sylar and Noah, so I'm stoked for the show tomorrow night.

Warriorbird
09-29-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of 'scarred Peter from the future.' I like where stuff's going with Sylar though.

SHAFT
09-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Yeah, the future Peter is kind of lame. He's screwing everything up though, so who really knows whats going to happen. I don't get how he can alter his image like that with the scar. I didn't realize he'd gained the illusion power.

Also, whats up with everyone being immortal? Claire, Sylar, Peter, Nathan, Adam....

Tisket
09-29-2008, 02:07 AM
I love Heroes. I even liked the last truncated season.

Rimalon
09-29-2008, 02:38 AM
WTF is up with Mohinder becoming Spider Man/the Fly/horniest dude alive?

I used to like the guy, i.e when he was being badass and pointing guns to Sylar's head and pulling the trigger, but that whole storyline of his in the premiere made him seem like a hotheaded power-grabbing POS.

radamanthys
09-29-2008, 04:37 AM
I feel like the main characters were almost designed after typical alignments.

True good = Hiro
Neutral Good = Mohinder
Chaotic Good = Peter

Lawful neutral = Matt
True Neutral = Noah
Chaotic Neutral = Kensei/Adam

Lawful Evil = Angela Petrelli
Neutral Evil = Nikki & co.
Chaotic Evil = Sylar

Any disagreements within that matrix?

Drew2
09-29-2008, 04:49 AM
I feel like the main characters were almost designed after typical alignments.

True good = Hiro
Neutral Good = Mohinder
Chaotic Good = Peter

Lawful neutral = Matt
True Neutral = Noah
Chaotic Neutral = Kensei/Adam

Lawful Evil = Angela Petrelli
Neutral Evil = Nikki & co.
Chaotic Evil = Sylar

I think everyone can agree in saying this post makes you look like the biggest nerd ever.

radamanthys
09-29-2008, 05:01 AM
:-D

PM me for where to send my golden pocket protector.

Rimalon
09-29-2008, 05:03 AM

Heh, not really, you covered it. Pretty cool how they all pretty much fall into place.

I was thinking about (present) Peter, though. Maybe I just haven't watched the earlier seasons for a while, but I really have no clue what kind of frame of mind he's in.

We can't count season 2, because of that terrible amnesia plot device, and in season 1 he was driven on saving the world. But where's his head at now?

I think Peter's still leaning toward good at the moment, but if he keeps getting all these fantastic powers, I could see him leaning more towards neutrality akin to Dr. Manhattan from the Watchmen, or the Q from Star Trek. Considering he's currently joyriding with the Level 5 villains... I don't know. Maybe he gets perspective from both sides.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-29-2008, 05:03 AM
I think everyone can agree in saying this post makes you look like the biggest nerd ever.

In the land of text-based MMORPGS, this is simply not possible!

Also, is that an insult or a title to bear proudly?

Stanley Burrell
09-29-2008, 08:05 AM

I used to like the guy, i.e when he was being badass and pointing guns to Sylar's head and pulling the trigger, but that whole storyline of his in the premiere made him seem like a hotheaded power-grabbing POS.

He gave himself the hero serum. YOU CAN'T JUST BECOME A HERO WITH YO SERUM.

It MIGHT or MIGHT NOT make an awesome plot twist at some point. You heard it here, first.

SayGoodbye
09-29-2008, 11:08 AM
So uh.. did anyone else follow along with the whole Hana blog, and Trav and Drucker?

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
So uh.. did anyone else follow along with the whole Hana blog, and Trav and Drucker?
Geek

Audriana
09-29-2008, 11:48 AM
My bosses and I talk about it every Tuesday at great length (much to the detriment of our work).

Season 1 was by far the best. There was just so much mystery and mystique. There were those 10 or so Episodes where we thought Noah might be Sylar etc. It was just plain better.

Lawful neutral = Matt
Parkman can be turned evil like in that alternate future with the young Hiro. So I'm not sure he's quite a lawful or neutral. If anything he's sort of on the edge of a knife. He'll go either way as the situation warrants it.

Chaotic Evil = Sylar
This may have been true in Seasons 1 and 2, but this working in Angela is Sylar's mother thing... If she's his true mother and not just a figure of speech, I'm thinking that Angela and the company experimented on the three petrelli boys...

They tried to control what type of powers each would get, with the ultimate goal of somebody who had the power to get others powers; They made Nathan get a Flying ability just to test if they could control what powers are given.

Then Sylar was made to be able to see, interpret, and change his own physiology to get anybodies power, they then realized that in order to get power in this way, the subject would need to kill his intended target.

So then with Peter they made this whole process automatic, where he was in no direct control over it.

As this is speculation, I don't really see to what end this was all done, but it's interesting to think about.

Has this guy never heard of rats? You test this shit on rats first you big dummy.

SHAFT
09-29-2008, 12:35 PM
I know Sylar has the ability to see things and understand how they work, but they haven't explained how he takes the other persons power yet. If he is related to Peter through Angela then that'd explain a little bit, but I hope they go deeper with this.

The 2nd season wasn't right having Sylar play a minor role. He's by far the most interesting character.

Clove
09-29-2008, 12:55 PM
My bosses and I talk about it every Tuesday at great length (much to the detriment of our work).

Season 1 was by far the best. There was just so much mystery and mystique. There were those 10 or so Episodes where we thought Noah might be Sylar etc. It was just plain better.When did we think Noah might be Sylar?

Has this guy never heard of rats? You test this shit on rats first you big dummy.Obviously you've never dealt with a superhuman rat infestation in NYC.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 12:58 PM
When did we think Noah might be Sylar?They were alluding that Noah was Sylar in the first few episodes of the first season.
Obviously you've never dealt with a superhuman rat infestation in NYC.They just need one of those boxes used to contain the cell phone transformer and a few quick ways to kill the rat when it starts flying around.

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 12:59 PM
They were alluding that Noah was Sylar in the first few episodes of the first season.
Who's "they"? And what gave that impression.

I'm with Clove. I never thought Noah was Sylar.

Clove
09-29-2008, 01:03 PM
They were alluding that Noah was Sylar in the first few episodes of the first season.They just need one of those boxes used to contain the cell phone transformer and a few quick ways to kill the rat when it starts flying around.Who's "they"? And was it the first few episodes or 10? What about after we actually MET Sylar?

I guess the fact that Noah kidnapped heroes and Sylar killed them was my first clue. Then there was the fact that Sylar was by himself but Noah was always with the Haitian etc.

Guess I'm dense. I saw no allusions.

Rimalon
09-29-2008, 01:09 PM
I know Sylar has the ability to see things and understand how they work, but they haven't explained how he takes the other persons power yet.

Ahhh, but they DID explain how he takes the powers, when he took Claire's regeneration. Like you said, his ability is "intuitive aptitude", which means he can understand how things work in a way that the rest of humanity can't... it's why he was such a kickass watchmaker/repairman.

All he has to do is search around in the brain until he figures out what makes that brain different or "special", and go from there. The reason he took the brains early in the show was probably because he wasn't used to doing it and needed practice/long sit-down sessions to find and absorb the "power" from them.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Did you all watch it from the first episode? Or did you see a middle episode first?

I just checked it real quick on Netflix and by the 5th episode (when Mohinder is in Sylar's apartment and Noah comes in and is on the phone) the Sylar/Noah allusion was broken. But from the first episode I remember talking about it with my bosses and while we didn't think Noah was Sylar (it would be too obvious), it was pretty obvious the makers of the show didn't give a lot of information about Noah or Sylar in the first 3-4 shows to give an impression they may be the same person.

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 01:17 PM
I saw it from the beginning and it never occurred to me. :shrug: I was just wondering what would cause you to think that they were the same.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 01:22 PM
I saw it from the beginning and it never occurred to me. :shrug: I was just wondering what would cause you to think that they were the same.

Then why the dramatic music and shots when Noah comes home for the first time and Claire gives him a big hug?

Audriana
09-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Ever see the unaired pilot? LOL... there was this whole terrorist plot they wrote out.

Clove
09-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Then why the dramatic music and shots when Noah comes home for the first time and Claire gives him a big hug?Because maybe he kidnaps heroes for a living and his daughter is one?

Audriana
09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Well Mohinder thought Noah might be the man who killed his father (who he knew was Sylar) when he ran out of the Cab.

All I know is when it was first airing, there were a few weeks there when it was actually a question when discussing the show with friends and family. I wasn't the only one who caught it.

SHAFT
09-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Ahhh, but they DID explain how he takes the powers, when he took Claire's regeneration. Like you said, his ability is "intuitive aptitude", which means he can understand how things work in a way that the rest of humanity can't... it's why he was such a kickass watchmaker/repairman.

All he has to do is search around in the brain until he figures out what makes that brain different or "special", and go from there. The reason he took the brains early in the show was probably because he wasn't used to doing it and needed practice/long sit-down sessions to find and absorb the "power" from them.

I get all that, but how does he acquire the other persons power by examining the brain? Peter can absorb other peoples power because that is his power. How does Sylar take the power and add it to himself? They've never shown that. All he did with Claire was run his finger over her brain and suddenly he has the regeneration ability.

I can't imagine that he can take someones power just by finding the spot in the brain that controls it. Ok, so he knows how the brain-to-power thing works, how do you take the power?

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 02:17 PM
I assume he absorbs it like Peter does, only Sylar needs to access their brain rather than just be in close proximity.

Ashliana
09-29-2008, 02:19 PM
*SPOILERS FROM SEASONS 1-2*

I'm kind of conflicted about Heroes.. overall, it's entertaining, but the show has had serious ups and downs. From what I've seen, the characters are their most interesting when they're still in their "real life" modes--Claire struggling with school, Parkman struggling with his wife and whether or not to read her mind..

It's when they get into "superhero, must save the world" mode that many of the characters get really annoying. They've managed to make a bunch of powers pointless by focusing on way too many at the same time, rendering some powers inconsistently effective and pointless (Hiro/Peter's time travel) and rendering numerous other characters immortal.

Overall, the show's pretty good--but was anyone here satisfied by the ending to the first season? Everyone shows up to get one shot in, Hiro shows up for two seconds to get the prophesized stab in, and in the midst of 30 heroes, nobody sees Sylar drag himself/be dragged away?

Peter was incredibly annoying the first season, but I liked him the second season after he lost the emo-bangs and stopped whining, but the whole "I suddenly can't use my powers the way I want to, even though I've learned how to control them" plot device about him getting briefly stuck, or not being able to get Kaitlynn back, was really annoying.

Elle and Claire are probably my favorite characters.. Parkman, Mohinder and Maya flip-flop between being interesting and incredibly annoying, I can't stand Nikki, Micah, Nathan and they really need to just let Sylar die.

I can't decide how I feel about Hiro and Ando.. I really liked Hiro at first, but he's such a cliche of the shounen genre of manga.. mindlessly idealistic, a naive and unrealistic sense of justice, and his, George Takei's (love him) and James Kyson Lee's Japanese is forced-sounding and awkward, probably because they aren't born-and-raised native speakers as I'm used to hearing in shows.

The characters I like have a tendency to either disappear or die off (Charlie, Candice, DL, Monica).. I'm hoping the same won't happen to Elle.

Tisket
09-29-2008, 02:19 PM
I'd totally kill someone if it meant I could fly afterward.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 02:20 PM
I think he can modify his own brain in the same way he sees the oddity in the target's brain.

Supposedly, according to the producers, origonally Sylar was written that he eats the brain and digests the power, but I guess there were people that didn't like that so they changed it to this wierd thing.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 02:24 PM
LOL, Hiro bugs me...

He pops into the paper factory with Peter and Adam. Time is FROZEN. You can sit and talk as much as you want and even show him around to all the things you've seen (especially Adam trying to release the virus in the past) and then after you suade him, you go back and kill Adam together.

But instead, he just says, "Adam Monroe killed my father, for that he must die"...

Care to elaborate even a LITTLE? No... Lets just fight.

Hiro's ability means you have the luxury of time in every situation. But he never uses it. Always impuslive.

Elle bugs the shit out of me. When she first meets Peter and she's all touching him and shit. The touching was making ME uncomfortable. Sure hope she just becomes some crazy villian.

Tisket
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Supposedly, according to the producers, origonally Sylar was written that he eats the brain and digests the power, but I guess there were people that didn't like that so they changed it to this wierd thing.

Yes, it's much less disturbing for the audience to see him cut his victim's skull off and show them lying there with their brains exposed.

Clove
09-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Well Mohinder thought Noah might be the man who killed his father (who he knew was Sylar) when he ran out of the Cab.Funny thing how sometimes characters aren't privy to the same information that the viewer is.

All I know is when it was first airing, there were a few weeks there when it was actually a question when discussing the show with friends and family. I wasn't the only one who caught it.Fair enough. We tend to associate with similar people.

NocturnalRob
09-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Hiro's ability means you have the luxury of time in every situation. But he never uses it. Always impuslive.

haha...exactly.

Look, guy, just stop and think for 5 minutes about what to do and then this show is cut down to 3 episodes. kthxbai.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Yes, it's much less disturbing for the audience to see him cut his victim's skull off and show them lying there with their brains exposed.

I couldn't watch too hard on that part. I just don't like seeing brain.

Hey, I don't know why they do things, I just know what they say. And I remember reading somewhere that they wrote sylar to eat the brains, then changed it to leave it up to the viewer, now it's this whole changing brain physiology to include the victim's physiology thing.

I think I liked it better when it was left up to me.

Tisket
09-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah one of the most disturbing scenes in recent movies (for me anyway) is the scene where Hannibal Lecter is serving brains to that FBI agent. Fresh brains.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Funny thing how sometimes characters aren't privy to the same information that the viewer is.I dunno man, Go back and watch the first few episodes thinking HRG might be Sylar and see if you can find evidence for and against it. Unfortunately you can't unknow what you know.
Fair enough. We tend to associate with similar people.I dunno, there are quite a few people at work that watch heroes and they were all curious about the same thing. I don't choose who I work with - granted they choose me, but my bosses and I are in Support and the ones we support are software developers.

NocturnalRob
09-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah one of the most disturbing scenes in recent movies (for me anyway) is the scene where Hannibal Lecter is serving brains to that FBI agent. Fresh brains.

i had sheep brain in Provence this summer. It was pretty damn good.

Tisket
09-29-2008, 02:41 PM
i had sheep brain in Provence this summer. It was pretty damn good.

You are what you eat

ba da boom

NocturnalRob
09-29-2008, 02:45 PM
You are what you eat

ba da boom

i'm sheep brain? i don't think that even qualifies as an insult.

still...that hurt my feelings...

Audriana
09-29-2008, 02:45 PM

Ya... Ew...

Tisket
09-29-2008, 02:51 PM
i don't think that even qualifies as an insult.

still...that hurt my feelings...

Then it qualified as an insult! I win.

NocturnalRob
09-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Then it qualified as an insult! I win.

it's okay. i'm a sheep brain. you can't take too much pleasure in insulting me.

radamanthys
09-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Claire's been the scared little girl and constant victim throughout the show. It looks like she's gonna change that. I'd say she's neutral, but I can't really decide. She hasn't really had to make a decision yet on the show.

I realized how well-acted and really evil Sylar was when I was watching the special features on the DVD. My reaction to seeing the actor chilling with the cast was momentary shock.

Season 2 was going to be really cool, if not for the writer's strike. So some of this season is going to be Retconning certain things- there's no way around it. Hell, the virus vial was supposed to break and Odessa was to go the way of Roanoke.

I'm pretty sure Parkman always thought he was doing the right thing, even if he was hooked up with the Company. Battling the escaped Level 5 evils may polarize some of the heroes to further good or neutral alignments.

Clove
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
I dunno man, Go back and watch the first few episodes thinking HRG might be Sylar and see if you can find evidence for and against it. Unfortunately you can't unknow what you know.Considering you never saw HRG use a super power and he was always with the Haitian and the people he abducted didn't end up missing their brains. Yeah. Never wondered if he was Sylar or not. Hint: Sometimes there are multiple antagonists in plots.

I knew there was a reason to avoid CS.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Battling the escaped Level 5 evils may polarize some of the heroes to further good or neutral alignments.

On that, do you think Peter will keep his powers now that he's in another body, or will he have the powers of the body he's in?

Personally, I think since Sylar physically changes himself means it's a physical attribute. Since we really don't know how Scar Peter put Younger Peter there, there's no real way to know.

I guess the real question, since it will answer the other one by default, is did Scar Peter just modify how he looks (or how other's see him), did he put his concousness in the other one, or something else?

SayGoodbye
09-29-2008, 04:03 PM
I guess the real question, since it will answer the other one by default, is did Scar Peter just modify how he looks (or how other's see him), did he put his concousness in the other one, or something else?

I was wondering about this and I think he put young Peter in the body of Jesse. But a couple of questions I had were, if he just transferred consciousness, what happened to young Peter's body?

Or if he did just use an illusion to make him look like Jesse, what happened to the real Jesse?

Audriana
09-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Ya, seriously... Obviously he figured he'd do it to keep him safe so he can undo it... Certainly if Jesse dies, Peter dies, that's the whole thing that made the Matrix suspenseful.

It's probably just modified the look of Peter to look like Jesse and killed the origonal Jesse. Although if that were the case, then Peter has his powers, no need to get in the truck, just fly around and find your brother.

We'll finially get to Pluto in 2075 and get out and look around to see some dust covered human body LOL.

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 04:24 PM
I personally don't think it's actually Peter in Jesse's body, just the current, nice persona. The scarred version has taken over Peter entirely.

I don't believe that Peter will suddenly have Jesse's powers, he's just basically trapped in there in the body of someone else is all.

100% Wool
09-29-2008, 04:34 PM
If you saw season 3 EP: 1 & 2 SEE: Mohinder's discovery

Info:
The adrenaline glands are controlled by the brain

Sylar eats the part that controls the adrenaline glands and not the actual brain and gains control of the mutants powers

Peter's scar is from a fight he had with Hiro

100% Wool
09-29-2008, 04:34 PM
P.S.

I work for NBC

100% Wool
09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
P.S.

Spoiler Alert. Whoops

P.S. # 2

I no longer work for NBC. Epic Fail

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Sylar eats the part that controls the adrenaline glands and not the actual brain and gains control of the mutants powers

He doesn't eat anything.

100% Wool
09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
He doesn't eat anything.

Wait for the upcoming episode to show it.

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Then explain how he got Claire's power without eating any part of her brain.

100% Wool
09-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I've already said too much I'm afraid.

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 04:47 PM
OMG FUCK YOU! Spill it, fucker.

Ashliana
09-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Well, he did physically remove/take something, didn't he? Did they show what he did with it? I'll have to see when I get home. Him taking/removing it would also explain why she lost her sense of pain (does she still have touch/sensation?)

Audriana
09-29-2008, 04:55 PM
it didn't show him taking anything out of her brain. He just was touching and poking at it. When he found it, he examined it closely and then he sort of concentrated and then could heal.

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 04:55 PM
I didn't see him take anything, only touch her brain, so I'm not sure what he did.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 04:57 PM
She has to be able to feel something right? I took it as her not feeling pain, not not feeling anything.
If I couldn't feel anything, I'd probably question my humanity too.

SayGoodbye
09-29-2008, 05:00 PM
I personally don't think it's actually Peter in Jesse's body, just the current, nice persona. The scarred version has taken over Peter entirely.

I don't believe that Peter will suddenly have Jesse's powers, he's just basically trapped in there in the body of someone else is all.

Well see I thought of that too but it doesn't make sense. Future Peter coming back in time means there are two Peters. It appears the FP can illusion himself into looking like YP so why would he bother taking over YP's body and trapping his consciousness in Jesse's body? Also if FP did in fact take over YP, what happened to FP's body? Some body is getting squished in another body somewhere I think...

CrystalTears
09-29-2008, 05:00 PM
She only mentioned pain. I think it would freak her out even more if she didn't feel anything at all.

SHAFT
09-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Elle bugs the shit out of me. When she first meets Peter and she's all touching him and shit. The touching was making ME uncomfortable. Sure hope she just becomes some crazy villian.

Elle is definitely a hero. She'll become a hero and Claire will be a villain.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Claire as a villian... Interesting thought, would be cool...

What did FP do to piss off FClaire so badly as to shoot him?

Solkern
09-29-2008, 05:51 PM
So i'm trying to watch heroes from the nbc.com website, and it says I cna't not watch heroes fromt he region i'm currently in, any idea how I can see heroes from Spain?

SayGoodbye
09-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Claire as a villian... Interesting thought, would be cool...

What did FP do to piss off FClaire so badly as to shoot him?

My guess is she switched sides. From their conversation it sounded like they were rounding up all the people with powers and putting them in concentration camps. Maybe Claire was captured but they couldn't kill her so they put her to work and she's out there helping kill/capture her kind.

Note she might not have wanted to switch sides, but she has no choice? And Peter is telling her he can go back and change things.. at least that's what I got out of it.

Audriana
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
So i'm trying to watch heroes from the nbc.com website, and it says I cna't not watch heroes fromt he region i'm currently in, any idea how I can see heroes from Spain?

Do you have Netflix? I guess not... Is Netflix even IN Spain? Anyway, you can watch Heroes (and a lot of other TV shows and movies) on netflix.

SHAFT
09-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I have a feeling Claire will view Sylar's intrusion into her head a very serious matter and piss her off to the extreme. She said it was worse than him raping her. Claire is constantly being fucked with it seems and she can't do anything it or protect herself. She has the motivation to go evil.

All the shit FP was trying to prevent, no longer happens. He screwed everything up going back into time. He now has no clue what is happening in the future.

Really though, all this time travel and immortality makes the show kind of lame. No one can die because they can be injected with some blood from Claire or Adam, and any situation can fixed if Peter or Hiro go back in time and change it. Where are the rules?

Even Nathan appears to be immortal. He was brought back to life by Linderman, who's dead, or it was the blood from Adam that Adam put into his IV when he was in the hospital. Can you imagine if Sylar gets Hiro's power? They're all fucked then.

Clove
09-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Really though, all this time travel and immortality makes the show kind of lame.Yeah, all the sophistication of a comic book or something!

SHAFT
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, all the sophistication of a comic book or something!

I'm a sophisticated person. So what?

Numbers
09-29-2008, 09:21 PM

Torrents.

Drew2
09-29-2008, 09:33 PM

You're so full of shit I can't even begin to tell you.

100% Wool
09-29-2008, 09:46 PM
You're so full of shit I can't even begin to tell you.

And you sir are full of banned! <3 . Still playing free Ragnarok? Like I said...keep watching.

radamanthys
09-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Ok... Interesting.

I loved the irony at the end. Sylar looking at hiro from the other side of the Level 5 glass.

Drew2
09-29-2008, 10:18 PM
And you sir are full of banned! <3 . Still playing free Ragnarok? Like I said...keep watching.

My ban has been up for like, months. I just haven't come back. And no I'm not playing Ragnarok I played that for all of like, a month. Haha. Then I played Diablo II. Now I play nothing because my life is enough drama atm to keep me occupied on the daily.

Izzy
09-29-2008, 10:19 PM

hulu.com

SHAFT
09-30-2008, 01:45 AM
That episode was kind of lame. I don't like what they're doing with Sylar. He must be cooperating just so he can get close to the other inmates. Looks like Claire is going to the darkside.

radamanthys
09-30-2008, 01:58 AM
This looks like it's gonna be one hell of a season.

Rimalon
09-30-2008, 02:15 AM
The whole Parkman thing just reeks of Season 2 shittiness. He's probably my favorite character, and they've just wasted him, so far.

Other than that, though... I do not disapprove. Sylar wearing an apron and baking just might be the most glorious thing I've seen in a while.

Solkern
09-30-2008, 02:42 AM
What show are we on?

I watched the first 2 shows of season 3 so far

SHAFT
09-30-2008, 02:52 AM
What show are we on?

I watched the first 2 shows of season 3 so far

They showed the first 2 episodes back to back last week, then they aired episode 3 tonight.

SHAFT
09-30-2008, 02:54 AM
The whole Parkman thing just reeks of Season 2 shittiness. He's probably my favorite character, and they've just wasted him, so far.

Other than that, though... I do not disapprove. Sylar wearing an apron and baking just might be the most glorious thing I've seen in a while.

Season 2 isn't bad if you watch it on DVD all in one day. It just isn't as good as season 1.

radamanthys
09-30-2008, 03:16 AM
Season 2 was the byproduct of the Writer's strike. That vial of virus was supposed to break.

Some character arcs were pretty fucked by that- the Hispanic girl (Don't remember her name... I'd say maria, but that might just be stereotype calling) and Mohinder were supposed to hook up, then she was supposed to die curing everyone of the poison.

Solkern
09-30-2008, 12:12 PM
So hulu.com and netflix didn't work b/c i'm outside the US

anyone have any idea on how I can view episodes?

I don't know where to get torrents, Is it bittorrent? or what?

Clove
09-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Fly a Jolly Roger?

Clove
09-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Season 2 isn't bad if you watch it on DVD all in one day. It just isn't as good as season 1.Yeah I agree with SHAFT on that one. I watched it on DVD straight through and it was good, but it wasn't as good as season 1 and I think I would have been disappointed if I had been waiting weekly for each installment.

Clove
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Season 2 was the byproduct of the Writer's strike. That vial of virus was supposed to break.

Some character arcs were pretty fucked by that- the Hispanic girl (Don't remember her name... I'd say maria, but that might just be stereotype calling) and Mohinder were supposed to hook up, then she was supposed to die curing everyone of the poison.Maya and yeah she was definitely destined for much more (plot wise) than they gave her in season 2.

SayGoodbye
09-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Anyone notice that the more form-fitting her clothing, sleeker her hair and more eye makeup she wears, the less innocent Claire is?

Also I was totally right about FP stuffing YP's body into Jesse. Wth power is that?

Third I was laughing so hard at Sylar trying to be a good boy. I can't tell if he's just playing along because it benefits him or if he really does have deep-seated mommy issues. Either way I love it.

SHAFT
09-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Anyone notice that the more form-fitting her clothing, sleeker her hair and more eye makeup she wears, the less innocent Claire is?

Also I was totally right about FP stuffing YP's body into Jesse. Wth power is that?

Third I was laughing so hard at Sylar trying to be a good boy. I can't tell if he's just playing along because it benefits him or if he really does have deep-seated mommy issues. Either way I love it.

I wouldn't try to figure anything out with Heroes. There are quite a few plot holes. Hiro was always aware that he couldn't come into contact with himself if he time traveled because it'd screw the with space / time thing, but Peter obviously doesn't give a shit.

I guess we're supposed to assume Peter learns how to stuff a persons mind into another persons body somewhere in the future. I don't know.

I bet Noah and Sylar go back to their house and Sylar tries to act like a nice guy because he already has Claire's power. Claire finds out her dad is working with Sylar and she gets even more pissed off.

Peter can't act for shit either. Definitely the worst actor of the whole show.

Skeeter
09-30-2008, 11:32 PM
So far this season is crap. If it doesn't turn around in the next 3 episodes it's off the reservation. I can't suffer through another season 2.

radamanthys
10-06-2008, 10:12 PM
ok... that was intense. I really shoulda been paying more attention to the timeline, cuz now I can't figure out which arc was in which time.

But still. Holy crap.

SayGoodbye
10-06-2008, 10:19 PM
It was just starting to get really good and then TO BE CONTINUED... dammit

Numbers
10-06-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm totally going to go fix a watch now and gain superpowers.

Clove
10-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Still not seeing any brain eating...

AnticorRifling
10-07-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_HsjpSVaI

That is all.

Rimalon
10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_HsjpSVaI

That is all.

I can't believe I let that whole video load, and then that I watched it all. Nice.

They should totally find a place for the song in the show. Like, Peter and Sylar are in a car driving somewhere, and Sylar's pre-set radio station blares it. Now THAT'S smart television.

Sean of the Thread
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I've yet to watch an episode of this.

radamanthys
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Jim Steinman, the writer of all of Meat Loaf's good songs, wrote that song- it's also from 'footloose'.

He also wrote other kinda famous ones like "Total eclipse of the heart" and "Faster than the speed of night". The latter was the name of the album, which he produced for Bonnie Tyler. He also wrote "It's all coming back to me now". Celine Dion sung that one.

I like his style. He's like... Wagnerian emo.

Sean of the Thread
10-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Jim Steinman, the writer of all of Meat Loaf's good songs (plus a few others), wrote that song- it's from 'footloose'.

You know how I know you're gay?

Tei
10-07-2008, 02:45 PM

megastic.com

alluc.org

AnticorRifling
10-07-2008, 02:47 PM
You know how I know you're gay? You tasted shit on his wang?

radamanthys
10-07-2008, 03:29 PM
You know how I know you're gay?

Because I was talking about showtunes in public?

My brother was Shaw Moore in Footloose, and I'm a big Meat Loaf fan. My geeky side likes to know everything there is to know about anything I'm involved with.

Just don't make that silly "wide-stance" excuse next time. ;-)

CrystalTears
10-07-2008, 03:33 PM
My brother was Shaw Moore in Footloose, and I'm a big Meat Loaf fan.Your brother is John Lithgow? :D

radamanthys
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Your brother is John Lithgow? :D

Yes. Yes he is. My other brother is Judge Reinhold. And this is my other brother Darrell.

Numbers
10-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Solkern View Post

Download a program called uTorrent (google it).

Go to thepiratebay.org

Search for Heroes

Download the .torrent file for episodes you want to see.

Open .torrent file with uTorrent.

Go make a sandwich and go for a long walk.

Come back and watch Heroes.

Tea & Strumpets
10-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Download a program called uTorrent (google it).

Go to thepiratebay.org

Search for Heroes

Download the .torrent file for episodes you want to see.

Open .torrent file with uTorrent.

Go make a sandwich and go for a long walk.

Come back and watch Heroes.

There are tons of site where you can just immediately watch streaming TV episodes. I don't see the point in downloading it unless you plan to keep re-watching it.

Numbers
10-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh, and Sylar / Gabriel going nuclear was awesome. So was cooking waffles. I'm also glad future Peter's dead, so I don't have to hear his imitation of Christian Bale playing Batman.

The scene in future NY with people in business suits flying around was kinda dumb.

I will now start calling Parkman Pacman.

Sick of the icewoman storyline -- they never even explained Nikki's split personality thing or why her evil persona always had a Kensei tattoo.

What happened to the copycat chick?

I'm glad they're bringing back Adam, I liked him.

Numbers
10-07-2008, 06:05 PM
There are tons of site where you can just immediately watch streaming TV episodes. I don't see the point in downloading it unless you plan to keep re-watching it.

He already said he can't access those sites from outside the country.

Tea & Strumpets
10-07-2008, 06:12 PM
He already said he can't access those sites from outside the country.

There are so many of them, though. A lot of them aren't even based in the US (I thought that was to avoid lawyers since most of it is illegal).

Here are some I use if I miss a TV show, although I have no idea if they work in Russia.

www.sidereel.com

http://tv-links.cc/

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/

www.surfthechannel.com

Drew2
10-07-2008, 06:14 PM

She died nub. l2heroes.

Numbers
10-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Copycat chick? The one who was doing flips in the burger joint? She escaped that burning building with Micah after Nikki saved them.

Audriana
10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Sylar killed her, but didn't have his power so couldn't get her power. Sux to be him. She was all fat and stuff, and they were in that hut in south america.

"I was infected with a virus that stops my power, and left for dead in a hut in south america, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Audriana
10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
OH... THAT one. She's fine. Nikki raised a beam so she could leave the burning building before it sploded. I'd assume she's still with Micah.

SayGoodbye
10-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh, and Sylar / Gabriel going nuclear was awesome. So was cooking waffles. I'm also glad future Peter's dead, so I don't have to hear his imitation of Christian Bale playing Batman.

The scene in future NY with people in business suits flying around was kinda dumb.

I will now start calling Parkman Pacman.

Sick of the icewoman storyline -- they never even explained Nikki's split personality thing or why her evil persona always had a Kensei tattoo.

I'm glad they're bringing back Adam, I liked him.

Haha when watching my SO was saying "Is he giving him 'Ted' punches?? He IS he's giving him 'Ted' punches! Awesome.." Because of his hands being nuclear when Sylar was punching the fear dude.

I was kinda sad that his kid died.. Who's the mother?? At first I thought Claire but then I thought.. Ew incest..(That is, if Sylar really IS Peter's brother, which I sort of doubt.) It's weird though because the kid's name is Noah and when Molly said where Peter was they said "The Bennet house". If Sylar lives there now, it wouldn't be the Bennet house anymore right?

I'm not really happy about them killing off Nikki and just having there be two more of her. I know they really messed up her storyline when they started branching off into other personalities. I liked her when she was good/evil and I wanted to believe that she really DID have another version of herself inside her, not the split personality nonsense. I can see it happen now because of the way Peter was occupying Jesse's body. If Jessica was occupying Nikki it would make sense that given time, there would be a power struggle for consciousness and one or the other would come out It would have explained the tattoo thing at least.

As far as the mimic, they just haven't shown her yet. And I hope Mica gets more airtime, he's one of my favorites. Maybe they'll have some stuff with him and Hana :)

Mohinder turning into toad was kinda funny.

I really don't like how it's turning out that all the heroes weren't born with their powers but rather "given" them. Lame..

AestheticDeath
10-07-2008, 09:26 PM
For some reason I thought the copy cat chick was killed off by Sylar, but then he lost his abilities to the Shanti virus. And had to work to get them back. I can't find mention of that though.

Anyone recall what power Ando had in the future to kill Hiro with?

AestheticDeath
10-07-2008, 09:35 PM
And not all the heros' powers were given to them. Some were, but others are evolved humans.

radamanthys
10-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Ando killed Hiro with what looked like a red Hadoken.

No clue about the mimic. She never was important enough to the plot to remember. Like a wrestling jobber.

AestheticDeath
10-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah, Candice Willmer was the copy cat chick, she actually had the ability to cast illusions. Over herself, other people and objects. Future Peter and future Sylar both have it.

Numbers
10-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Two different copycats are being discussed. One was the one who used illusions. The other was the one that could copy whatever she saw. The black teen girl. That's who I was asking about.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-07-2008, 10:31 PM
So I just caught up to the most recent episode. I really don't like where it's going, this is so much like the "Who shot JR" shit where everything is going to turn out to be a dream.

I like the show, but I just know the season will end with Peter or Hiro going back in time and "fixing" things.

AestheticDeath
10-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Oh Monica, she has adoptive muscle memory - she lived, and hasn't been back on the show since.

SHAFT
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, Candice Willmer was the copy cat chick, she actually had the ability to cast illusions. Over herself, other people and objects. Future Peter and future Sylar both have it.

If you're talking about the future where Sylar was disguised as Nathan and was the president, that future never happened. That future ceased to exist when Peter didn't go nuclear in NYC.

Someone mentioned Sylar killed her but didn't have his power due to the virus Candace injected into him. I'm not sure if Peter has the illusion power or not. He may have it and not even realize it. I'm sure he has a lot of powers but has no clue how to access them.

Now that Peter has Sylar's power, he should lop his own scalp off and look into his brain. He'd probably be amazed at what he'd find.

Also, I'm willing to bet that Elle was the mother of Sylar's kid. Sylar named him Noah after Noah Bennett. Noah Bennett was killed by Claire. Just a hunch on that.

Solkern
10-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I doubt it was really Ando killing Hiro.

Numbers
10-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm totally going to suddenly kill my best friend with a sword so I can join the cool club.

AestheticDeath
10-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Doesn't matter if he didn't go nuclear.
Noah is still alive, FYI.

And I think Hiro killed Ando because he knew he could go back and change it - or they planned it ahead of time and used a lot of ketchup/wine or something to fake it. Plus he didn't stick his heart, or go very far in. Somehow I think Ando will be coming back.

And I am glad we finally figured out how the healer came back to Nathan. I should have thought of that guy before...

I'm starting to like the show less and less though. Except seeing new powers is kinda fun.

SayGoodbye
10-13-2008, 10:26 PM
The most awesome power in the entire series was only on it for one episode. Must have been too unbalancing. :(

Clove
10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
I like the show, but I just know the season will end with Peter or Hiro going back in time and "fixing" things.Because they've been great at it so far.

AestheticDeath
10-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I am still waiting for someone who can take away abilities permanently without killing them.

Something better then the Sylars murder/absorb, or the Haitians mental manipulation that can hinder the abilities.

And would ANYONE seriously choose to have a certain ability other than Peters? If you can basically absorb/copy any ability you come into contact with... Jeeze.

Sucks that the rift guy got killed off so quick though. Especially how it happened.

And I am not sure how Noah thought he could take on anyone with an ability without the Haitian for a sidekick. Once he got Sylar as a partner things took a turn for the better real quick. But the Haitian was like the ultimate partner in taking down the other power wielders.

Clove
10-13-2008, 10:34 PM
The most awesome power in the entire series was only on it for one episode. Must have been too unbalancing. :(Naw, Hiro is still around.

Izzy
10-13-2008, 10:52 PM
The most awesome power in the entire series was only on it for one episode. Must have been too unbalancing. :(

Nerf open implode?!

Jaimaltz
10-14-2008, 12:14 PM
That line with Adam was awesome.

"WAIT!! You little Japanese NAZI!"

Couldn't stop laughing.

Solkern
10-14-2008, 12:35 PM
holy fuck hiro killed ando, wtf!

Solkern
10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Anyone else think Claire's real mom is hot as hell as well?

AestheticDeath
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
no....................wtf are you on?

Cephalopod
10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/jessalyn.jpg

Maybe not 'hot as hell', but she's cute. I liked her in Boston Public.

AestheticDeath
10-14-2008, 06:23 PM
She looks half decent there because 1/2 inch thick makeup. But shes like 40 years old. Skin ain't so hot when it isn't covered in all that junk either.

I am still biased from watching her on Nip/Tuck, and she was a bitch there, and she started out as a bitch on Heroes too. Hard to get over perceptions.

But I am picky so whatever.

Found a better picture

http://heroeswiki.com/images/a/ad/Jessalyn_Gilsig.JPG

Rimalon
10-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't think we've seen the last of Mexican Void-Boy.

He's probably chilling in some other dimension somewhere, playing checkers with the neighbor that he voided over the lawnmower incident.

HE'LL BE BACK.

Also, Sylar is the shit. And Peter is just such a terrible actor--"Tell me... your secrets... MOTHER."

Almost as bad as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIt0VY7Yg2w

SayGoodbye
10-14-2008, 07:36 PM
I laugh so much now that Sylar is good. I just can't help it, it's awesome. I can't decide who I like better, Sylar or Kensei...

"wait wait wait... I have a plan!"

BriarFox
10-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Christ - I'm halfway through the season 3 premiere and it's fucking terrible. It couldn't get more cliche, banal, and trite.

SHAFT
10-15-2008, 02:24 AM
I wonder if Hiro can travel into the voids that the void-guy created. I forgot his name.

Numbers
10-21-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm pissed that they killed off Adam. He was one of my favorite characters. Hopefully they'll find some way to bring him back.

And Hiro getting hit with the shovel was awesome.

Sean of the Thread
10-21-2008, 12:12 AM
how can they bring him back HE'S DUST!

kidding. This was the first episode I ever watched tonight and it inspired me to go rent every season and catch up.

Didn't know what I was missing.

Skeeter
10-21-2008, 12:16 AM
I haven't seen the last 3 episodes since my local cable company decided to stop carrying NBC.

I figured I'd just watch them online, but I haven't had the urge. Season 2 really killed the show for me. :(

Skeeter
10-21-2008, 12:17 AM
how can they bring him back HE'S DUST!

kidding. This was the first episode I ever watched tonight and it inspired me to go rent every season and catch up.

Didn't know what I was missing.

I'd suggest skipping right over season 2.

Sean of the Thread
10-21-2008, 12:23 AM
season 2 is shit then? Can i skip 2 and still be in tune with the current?

Skeeter
10-21-2008, 12:25 AM
pretty much.

Numbers
10-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Season 2 was boned by the writer's strike and fell flat after a few episodes.

Izzy
10-21-2008, 08:59 AM
IMO, they're exaggerating the shittyness. True; season two was nowhere the quality of season one, but it still wasn't the worst show ever. It's worth watching, and it's only a few episodes anyway.

SayGoodbye
10-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Definitely worth watching for free anyway, I'm sure you can find the episodes online somewhere.

I was pissed that they killed Adam/Kensei too. I sat there in shock saying "I can't believe they just killed him! He was AWESOME". And he died like such a bitch too, having his power taken away.. Why couldn't he have taken Claire's regenerative power??

It just seems like they're super happy with the role reversal thing. Every hero is becoming a villain, every villain is becoming a hero.

P.S. Nox? Nocks? Knox? He sucks.

Jaimaltz
10-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm going to make a prediction here, we'll see if I turn out to be right.

The key to this mess given that Peter's father took his abilities away is the Haitian. He's the only one that can nullify those abilities. He'll team up with Sylar and kick some senior Petrelli ass.

Sean
10-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Peter is one of the worst acted characters on TV. Yet I keep watching the show. Claire is a close 2nd.

Skeeter
10-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Peter is really bad. Maybe he's trying to be like Shatner.

Rimalon
10-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Can the Haitian "choose" whose powers he nullifies?

Or is more like a blanket-null?

I thought there was an example way back when in which he focus-nulled someone... or wait!

Didn't he let Nathan use his flying ability when HRG was just about to bust him in Season 1?

Edited to add: WTF about Arthur taking Peter's powers. So dumb. So does Peter still have his empathy, or is that gone too? And does Peter have ARTHUR'S ability now, or what? Did he have it for like 2 seconds, then Arthur stole it right back? And does Arthur have "THE HUNGER" now?

This show pisses me off. Too many loopholes.

SHAFT
10-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Peter is one of the worst acted characters on TV. Yet I keep watching the show. Claire is a close 2nd.

You're absolutely right on Peter. Claire seems to be getting better though.

I like what they're doing with this season so far as the story goes.

Sean
10-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Edited to add: WTF about Arthur taking Peter's powers. So dumb. So does Peter still have his empathy, or is that gone too? And does Peter have ARTHUR'S ability now, or what? Did he have it for like 2 seconds, then Arthur stole it right back? And does Arthur have "THE HUNGER" now?

If I had to guess I'd say that Arthur already understands the hunger. I don't pay all that much attention to the show but I watch it for for fun and loopholes don't bother me. But it'd seem like in the case of Parkman that the childrens powers (if they have any) are related to their parents. It appears like Arthur absorbs powers into himself by stripping them from individuals - Peter absorbs powers by mimicing individuals he encounters - Sylar absorbs powers by studying individuals and learning how they work. So I wouldn't be totally suprised if Arthur wasn' bothered by things like the hunger. That being said I have no doubt peter will get his powers back eventually and go on being obnoxious.

SHAFT
10-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Heroes is officially kicking ass. The addition of Arthur and the fact they're killing people off is making this season awesome. All the nay-sayers can eat it.

radamanthys
10-28-2008, 12:54 AM
Agreed. The season is getting better by the show.

AestheticDeath
10-28-2008, 12:56 AM
No one died this episode tho did they?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-28-2008, 12:59 AM
I like "good" Sylar. I hope he starts kicking some ass.

SHAFT
10-28-2008, 01:02 AM
How about Peter saying "Just kick his ass and let's get out of here".

It is getting better and better. Finally, there is a real super-villian. A Magneto, a Dr. Doom, a Darkseid. Arthur Patrelli is awesome.

AestheticDeath
10-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Sylar need to tweeze his eyebrows.. those things are annoying.

Drisco
10-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Agreed ^^

Umm.. don't want to post anywhere else since I seem to be in this thread.

What is another show that is like ethier Supernatural, Smallville, or Heroes but is neither of them and is a really good show that is still running?

AestheticDeath
10-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Not really like them since they aren't badass/hero type shows, but I also like to watch Greek, and Eureka. Greek is obviously a college type show, younger people, and Eureka is a high tech science community.

House M.D. is good too.

As far as Netflix is concerned, it seems like me, most people who watch one, like to watch some of the others.

Roswell, Tru Calling, The Dresden files, Charmed, Angel, The Sarah Connor Chronicles all came up in related searches. Didn't really watch them much myself though. Though I did watch some Charmed. :(

Anything close to them is either not as good, or just reruns, or both.

Numbers
11-10-2008, 09:21 PM
I fucking hate flashback episodes.

AestheticDeath
11-10-2008, 10:15 PM
yeah and some of it doesn't make sense to me...

I thought the hatian was the partner for Mr. Bennet. Since when was he teamed up with the moronic lightning flinger? Far as I knew she wasn't allowed on jobs or something. She kept screwing up things.

Numbers
11-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm pissed that they killed off the African guy.

They keep killing off the best new characters like Adam and Usutu.

SHAFT
11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
They need to kill people off. Too many powers and people with the same power. If Arthur takes Hiro's time power, Arthur would be the only one with that power. But I guess he already had it from stealing Peter's powers. I don't know.

Rimalon
11-17-2008, 11:36 PM
I call bullshit on Sylar having "empathy". And Hiro turning into a 10 year old. And Arthur wanting to do one thing in one show, and then the complete opposite in another.

These writers need to be fired.

OH WAIT! THEY ALREADY WERE!

7 or 8 more episodes until the "new" writers take over...

SHAFT
11-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Ive read none of the above comments. How did Sylar just take her power without killing her? Are his and Peter's ability the same? The twists keep coming. I still have 20 minutes left of the episode.

SHAFT
11-18-2008, 12:42 AM
for the record, I predicted Sylar and Elle becoming fuck buddies a while ago. Look it up.

Numbers
11-18-2008, 12:51 AM
He takes their powers by empathizing with them and understanding them.

It's a shitty plotline. They just totally screwed up his character. He's like Dr. fucking Phil now.

Episode sucked. Hiro's 10? Give me a break. Hopefully this season won't get too much worse. And hopefully there'll actually be a season 4 with the new writers.

Rimalon
11-18-2008, 03:49 AM
I think Arthur/Sylar/Peter's power is the same. Personality type influences how it works for them--OR IT DID--before the writers fucked it up.

The question I have is whether Arthur can "steal" duplicate powers. This might be why he needed Sylar to help Elle--he already had stolen her lightning from Peter, and couldn't take it again. If this is the case, then in theory, Peter should have his original power. Or he'll get it back after the eclipse fiasco, or with an infusion of Claire's blood, or whatever.

But I doubt the writers are capable of anything even remotely close to defining consistent and logical use of powers. They just write whatever drivel advances the current episode's plotline.

ALSO: The number one problem for this show is how it creates conflict. There has been little to no direct character conflict/battles with any sort of final conclusion. This is what the show SHOULD be about. More things like the Peter/Sylar battle in Kirby Plaza. A one-episode showdown between Hiro/Ando and a random guest-star villain that appears for one show and then dies. Stuff like that.

Instead, conflict is created by the visions of the "future" (full of plot holes) and trying to change it. Instead of pitting characters against each other at full strength, the show cops out by having the "powerful" characters (Peter, Hiro, Sylar) regress (via amnesia, wounds, etc.) into mere shells of themselves. Pisses me off, because Season 1 was really, really good.

SHAFT
11-25-2008, 01:02 AM
With everyone being powerless, Noah becomes the badass. No way he kills Sylar, maybe he kills Elle. Claire should die too. She sucks.

AestheticDeath
11-25-2008, 01:11 AM
If Noah was smart Sylar and Elle would already be dead. Woulda taken an extra 10 seconds to get it done, and would it have affected Claire that much? No... not anymore than him tripping while carrying her or something.

But giving them a second chance was stupidity.

I bet he gets knocked on the head before he gets a shot off next time.

SHAFT
11-25-2008, 04:17 AM
Arthur probably drew Noah sitting there with his scope on Sylar and Elle and sent someone up there.

They better be getting some powers back, like next episode.

Ashliana
11-25-2008, 11:07 AM
There's way too many boob flashes as one scrolls this thread. Ick!

Seriously, Arthur is really annoying as a character and needs to be taken down a peg--just like Nathan! They are father and son! Like people have said, the random "(x) is so powerful, we can't write an interesting story with them in it, so we'll have them lose their powers somehow."

They seem to be very flip-floppy on what they want Elle's character to be. Or Tracy. Daphne has potential, but I thought the actress did only a mediocre job in the last episode. It's a little.. forced.

Phidelia
11-26-2008, 07:45 AM
She only did mediocre? I thought her coming out with the leg braces was pretty interesting. Probably the only thing that was interesting about last weeks episode. I loved this show when it first came out, but it's gone off on odd tangents lately. This season doesn't make much sense at all.

SHAFT
12-02-2008, 12:45 AM
The acting in this show seems to get worse as the episodes go on.

AestheticDeath
12-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Shows not really holding my attention very well. I keep watching because I hate to stop in the middle.. but I keep finding my mind wandering to other things worse then it does during commercials.

Rimalon
12-02-2008, 02:33 AM
Agreed with you guys... AND NOTHING SEEMS TO EVER HAPPEN ON THE SHOW.

They're always like, "This is the week that changes EVERYTHING! Watch!"

...And it's predictable, and it's terribly acted, and it's just blah.

Sylar killing (?) Elle at the end was pretty badass though.

SHAFT
12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Very anti-climatic. How convenient, Claire and Sylar die and the eclipse goes away. This season is leading no where.

Proxy
12-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Heros??? WTF this show sucks.

AnticorRifling
12-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Heros??? WTF this show sucks. ZOMG someone on the boards likes something I'd better say it blows in order to show I don't follow the crowd!!!!

We could save you the time of posting and set up a bot that just does a reply of:

You're stupid and whatever you like is dumb.

It would have the same impact.

Proxy
12-02-2008, 12:27 PM
ZOMG someone on the boards likes something I'd better say it blows in order to show I don't follow the crowd!!!!

We could save you the time of posting and set up a bot that just does a reply of:

You're stupid and whatever you like is dumb.

It would have the same impact.

Hey look everyone, the Emeradan wana be's joined the fun.

AnticorRifling
12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey look everyone, the Emeradan wana be's joined the fun.

Fail troll is fail.

Rimalon
12-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Okay... okay... okay...

Why do they spend so much time developing things, developing storylines, and then cut them off like nothing ever happened?

Sylar's "redemption" is gone. The whole "catalyst" storyline, which they could have made KICKASS if they had made ANDO the catalyst, is now gone.

We're almost through with the episodes the old writers wrote. Maybe they knew the axe was coming, and are trying to restore the characters to what they should be? Eh?

Heroes is dying a slow death, and it makes me sad.

Clove
12-10-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm still waiting for Sylar to eat brains.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I like evil Sylar. He's a good villian, I'd really like to see a lot more of him kicking ass. And what the fuck was with him killing Authur? Shouldn't he have brained him to get all his badass abilities first? Dumb ass villians.

Hiro keeps getting ass raped which pisses me off. When the fuck does he learn to be a super samuri and doesn't get pwned by everyone he confronts? Think about it, everyone he's after pwns him.

Clair is good eyecandy, but fuck do I get tired of her. Self healing is a LAME ability - she needs to get a new power, or take Karate or something. Again, everyone pwns her.

Here's my prediction... Hiro spends the next 16 years learning to be a Samuri, shows up in the present (16 years older with no abilities still). Somehow gets healed by someone and becomes his badass self again. Or, because Authur is toast now, maybe the light went back to him, restoring his abilities? We didn't see it go anywhere. Ando is going to take a hit from the power juice they made, maybe he'll heal him - but future Ando had red lightning or something, so probably not. What happened to the little girl who could find anyone?

Supersoldier dude is just another stupid slant. They need to resolve some of the other shit first. Like the retarded Allie chicks being triplets. We still don't know what the fuck that tattoo the original Allie had on her back (the evil side).

People die too much on the show, they need to build the characters up more. Kill off the fear dude and the blue flame dude, kill off all the fucking marines, bring back death eyes hottie latina chick, get Mohinder fuller morphed to a reptile or mysteriously cured so he can stop being a wannabe evil doer (which he sucks at while he's pining away for hottie latina). Stop transitioning new people every episode and build a fucking plot!

grenthor
12-14-2008, 07:17 PM
If there's one thing to me that ruins a show it's when the rules of the world that a show sets up stop applying. Meaning, people have died and they suddenly can come back. Now they've broken the one permanent thing in the show and nothing really has any meaning now. Arthur died, but he didn't. Syler died, but he didn't. Claire died, but she didn't. More or less Allie Larter died, but now she didn't. So why should I care about anything anymore when none of it really has any meaning?

Clove
12-15-2008, 08:39 AM
If there's one thing to me that ruins a show it's when the rules of the world that a show sets up stop applying. Meaning, people have died and they suddenly can come back. Now they've broken the one permanent thing in the show and nothing really has any meaning now. Arthur died, but he didn't. Syler died, but he didn't. Claire died, but she didn't. More or less Allie Larter died, but now she didn't. So why should I care about anything anymore when none of it really has any meaning?I know right? It's like some sort of ridiculous comic book plot.

Numbers
12-15-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm pissed they killed off Elle. She was one of my favorite characters, at least before she got all sappy with Sylar.

Hopefully they'll find some way to bring her back. Why would you hire Kristen Bell only to kill off her character?

Numbers
12-15-2008, 11:21 PM
So, Nathan's a bad guy, Sylar was defeated with a piece of glass to the head, fire mom is dead, Hiro has no powers, Peter has his powers back, and Worf's the president.

Shitty writing, they had no idea what they were going for this season. Was that even a season? Or did they just cut chapter 3 short after seeing how bad it was turning out?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-15-2008, 11:55 PM
They just hit the reset button is all.

Peter is super again.
Nathan wants to tell the world.
Mohander has been healed.
Formula is "safe" again.
Sylar is 'dead'.
Hiro is still neutered (what was EOS 2, he was in feudal Japan?)
The future is scary for mutants.

yada yada yada. I'm glad Sylar is evil again though. He needs to go on a killing spree when he's alive again.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-15-2008, 11:57 PM
I like the show, but I just know the season will end with Peter or Hiro going back in time and "fixing" things.

I wasn't 100% correct, but I knew there would be some time travel shit where they reset it. Now the curious thing is... in the future Hiro saw where Ando "zapped" him - what does super duper time travel get you?

CrystalTears
12-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Pft. Sylar isn't dead. Claire hit him where he hit her and made her paralyzed or whatever. He's just unconscious.

I'm just glad Peter got his powers back.

Meh. I like the season.

Clove
12-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Fire mom isn't dead.

Ravenstorm
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Papa Petrelli isn't dead either. He has Adam's powers.

Clove
12-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Papa Petrelli isn't dead either. He has Adam's powers.As well as Clairebear's powers via Peter.

Rimalon
12-16-2008, 03:16 PM
All things considered, Ando's power is one of the coolest powers on the show, now.

Supercharge Peter's empathy, and Peter goes super emo and sits in a corner and just sobs.

I like it.

Cephalopod
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Supercharge Peter's empathy, and Peter goes super emo and sits in a corner and just sobs.

If I wanted to watch Twilight, I'd go see the movie.

Numbers
02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Last night's episode was pretty good. They apparently brought back the original writers and got rid of the people responsible for season 2 and the first half of season 3.

Peter's still got the absorbing power, but he has to make physical contact now. Parkman somehow has the painting power now. Hiro has no powers. Nathan's a bad guy for some reason. Claire's still annoying. And Sylar's back to being a badass.

CrystalTears
02-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Peter has always needed to make physical contact. It's just that he has to do it all over again.

Izzy
02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Peter has always needed to make physical contact. It's just that he has to do it all over again.

Not true. He used to just have to be near someone with powers.

CrystalTears
02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Not true. He used to just have to be near someone with powers.
I guess I didn't recall a time where he didn't make contact with someone to gain their powers. Either that or he doesn't remember how to do it now or was just still drugged and couldn't control it.

Ravenstorm
02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
It looks like he might only be able to keep one power at a time. He seems to have lost Mohinder's superstrength when he gained the ice powers. And if he could still fly, the whole 'sucked out the airplane' thing would be meaningless for him personally.

SHAFT
02-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Is this really worth going back and watching? I have a fear of getting wrapped up in this only to be let down again.

radamanthys
02-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Totally worth it. It looks like the good guys are gonna be working together finally.

You can always NBC.com them every couple of weeks, too.

Rimalon
02-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Claire could have redeemed herself by stabitty-stabbing HRG with that zapping knife she had as soon as she saw him in the cockpit.

Unfortunately, she's still lame.

I liked the new episode. Peter and Mohinder's cab ride was very first-season-ish, and not just for obvious reasons.

We'll see how Hiro gets his powers back. Keeping an annoying asian guy on payroll when he doesn't have any powers would be a mistake.

CrystalTears
02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah Claire needs to grow the spine she says she has and just realize that she has no real family and fuck them all up when given the chance.

crazymage
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
saw it today loved it, agree with ravenstorm Peter looked confused after he touched nikki3 and than got the shit kicked out of him before touching the wall and freezing it on accident.

radamanthys
02-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Parkman, Hiro, Claire, Peter and Mohinder- the original good guys finally working together. It's gonna be a good season, I hope.

(Happy 2000th post to me!)

Tea & Strumpets
02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
saw it today loved it, agree with ravenstorm Peter looked confused after he touched nikki3 and than got the shit kicked out of him before touching the wall and freezing it on accident.

What if he shakes hands with Sylar and gets all his powers? (If you don't respond I'll assume your head just exploded)

Numbers
02-03-2009, 07:08 PM
He'd probably get that stupid "understand how things work by fondling brains" power.

crazymage
02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
What if he shakes hands with Sylar and gets all his powers? (If you don't respond I'll assume your head just exploded)

Or maybe they'll MELD TOGETHER TO BECOME CAPTAIN PLANET!

http://www.kennethseals.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/captain_planet.jpg

SHAFT
02-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Only way I watch is if they bring in giant robots to hunt the mutants, er.......heroes. Giant, purple robots that shoot lasers from their hands.

Then I'll bitch they copied X-Men.

radamanthys
02-04-2009, 02:26 AM
They'd probably call them sentries or something.

If peter touches hiro, will he get hiro's power, or is hiro totally humanized now?

Lumi
02-04-2009, 02:40 AM
They'd probably call them sentries or something.

If peter touches hiro, will he get hiro's power, or is hiro totally humanized now?

Good question!

I'm going to assume he'd get nothing. I think what it really comes down to is how his power and how Arthur Petrelli's powers work.

Does Arthur copy and somehow shut down the target's powers? Are they still there, but dormant? If so, I'd say Peter could still acquire a power from someone like Hiro who'd been de-powered.

Or, does Arthur's power actually alter the target's DNA, copying it over and then removing it entirely? In that case, I'd say there's nothing for Peter to copy. Same with Sylar, if he opened Hiro up right now and tried to gain his extra-dimensional power, I'd guess he'd be stumped.

Yes, I am a huge Heroes nerd.

I just watched it tonight with a couple friends. We kept making sarcastic predictions about the cliched events that would undoubtedly happen. About two-thirds of them DID.

The show is not what it was in the first season, and that makes me sad, but it is still worth watching for me. I hope they step it up, though.

Numbers
02-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Last night's episode was terrible.

I have a feeling if they keep up at that rate, this will be the last season.

radamanthys
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
What was wrong with it?

Rimalon
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I like Sylar and his new disciple. It's like he's building the Brotherhood of Mutants. IT HAS POTENTIAL, AT LEAST.