PDA

View Full Version : Hunting scipts

reginrok
07-13-2003, 04:30 PM
I haven't been able to find any hunting scripts, and was wondering if anybody had any just lying around they would allow me to peek at?

Skaster
07-13-2003, 05:10 PM
What are you looking for?

Skaster
07-15-2003, 03:41 PM
I'd let you take a look at my myklian hunter, but that's kind of secretive right now, heh.

Umm.. lemme see what I have.

#Vornavis Lake - Centaur hunt

goto begin

dead:
put stance d
waitfor You are
put put warax in my cloak
put get dagg
waitfor dagger
put wear shiel
waitfor shield
put skin centaur
put rem shiel
waitfor shield
put put my dagger in my cloak
put get my warax
waitfor waraxe
goto check2

begin:
1:
counter set 2
save ne
goto check

2:
counter add 1
save ne
goto check

3:
counter add 1
save ne
goto check

4:
counter add 1
save e
goto check

5:
counter add 1
save e
goto check

6:
counter add 1
save e
goto check

7:
counter add 1
save e
goto check

8:
counter add 1
save se
goto check

9:
counter add 1
save se
goto check

10:
counter add 1
save s
goto check

11:
counter add 1
save s
goto check

12:
counter add 1
save sw
goto check

13:
counter add 1
save sw
goto check

14:
counter add 1
save w
goto check

15:
counter add 1
save w
goto check

16:
counter add 1
save w
goto check

17:
counter add 1
save w
goto check

18:
counter add 1
save nw
goto check

19:
counter add 1
save nw
goto check

20:
counter set 1
save nw
goto check

check:
put %s
match nohere centaur that appears dead
match check2 centaur
match nohere obvious paths
matchwait

check2:
put look
match nohere centaur that appears dead
match nohere Also here:
match attack Obvious paths
matchwait

attack:
put wt sperf 10
waitfor You are now using
put amb cent neck
match dead centaur falls to the ground and dies.
match attack You fail to find
match attack is stunned!
match attack wait
match nohere2 I could not find
match attack Roundtime
matchwait

nohere2:
pause 1
put stance d
nohere:
pause 1
goto %c

Reyek
07-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Anyone have a good critter or script to hunt with a level 35-40 smite hunter?

imported_Kranar
07-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Good stuff Skaster.

I recommend also checking for a stunned critter or one laying down incase someone is ambushing.

imported_Kranar
07-25-2003, 03:23 PM
<< I assume that they have all that, right? >>

There are no arrays in the Wizard.

Skaster
07-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Shucks, guys. I'm not that good. The mover is just a basic function of most any script, and it's really pretty simple compared to some of the stuff that can be done.

And I think Kranar has one-up on me for the king of scripting title ;).

imported_Kranar
07-25-2003, 03:35 PM
<< The mover is just a basic function of most any script, and it's really pretty simple compared to some of the stuff that can be done. >>

It's the best way to go about it. Some crappy scripts I've seen LOOK every room you walk into. That's just bait for GMs.

Reyek
07-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Anyone have any smite hunter scripts they like to share ;)

Deathravin
08-11-2003, 03:46 PM
King of Scripts huh....

<Link>SitNPick (Escape) (http://members.cox.net/lorddeathravin/SitNPick.txt)
<Link>Sorc Hunting Corsairs in RR (Wizard) (http://members.cox.net/lorddeathravin/huntcorsairs.Cmd)

Just two of my many scripts. Oh, and also:

<Link>GS4 Trainer w/ Reallocation Script (Shows Current Beta TPs) (hhttp://members.cox.net/lorddeathravin/GS4%20Trainer%200.40b.zip)

-Deathravin Ravinblood

If Anybody has Wizbot version 8.0.1.0 PLEASE post!
Or if you MADE Wizbot version 8.0.1.0 dont just bounce on us, make it better!
Or if anybody knows how to script in ZMud, please post

Reyek
08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Dont mean to toot anyones horn, but i seen Deathravin's scripts. have a few they all kick butt. Good show Deathravin. Have to adapt them for clerics and wizards but thats minor changes the overall script kicks butt. I say he has great scripting ability.

imported_Kranar
08-12-2003, 08:58 PM
It's not really a contest. Good for him though because honestly, scripting in Gemstone has got to be the funnest thing.

It's just hard to explain, but seeing your character act on its own without you having to control it is quite a reward.

Drew2
08-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Build a robot.

The only scripts I use are to travel and the .name script for highlighting people. Typing and a command and sitting back is not playing a game. It's... typing a command and sitting back.

Reyek
08-12-2003, 09:52 PM
typing a command and sitting is good stuff leaves extra hands open for your beer and tv remote

imported_Kranar
08-12-2003, 10:19 PM
<< Typing and a command and sitting back is not playing a game. >>

It's not playing a game, and to be quite honest, I have no fun at all hunting in Gemstone. Like it's actually negative fun.

Scripting is fun because atleast your problem solving, and checking up on your script to see if anything is hanging it or making it act wrong. Then if something is, you can spend time solving the problem and running it again, and if nothing is making it act wrong, then you reap the reward.

I don't know, some people may enjoy prep/cast/search, hide/ambush/search, and that's good that they enjoy it. But doing that for 23 exp a minute means you'd have to be sitting there for 144 DAYS to get to level 50.

Whereas with a script... you just run it, go to sleep, and when you wake up you're 12k closer to training. Or do some other stuff.

[Edited on 8-13-2003 by Kranar]

Back
08-12-2003, 10:39 PM
typing a command and sitting back.

http://www.progressquest.com

Deathravin
08-14-2003, 10:17 PM
I never have been able to pull off scripting all night. I'd almost not want to. i'd be too afraid of being caught. I am in bed from 5am-noon eastern...
I wish I could. I just script while I'm at work, so I can still work and stuff, and just glance at my screen once in a while.

-Deathravin

Reyek
08-15-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Kranar
<<
Whereas with a script... you just run it, go to sleep, and when you wake up you're 12k closer to training. Or do some other stuff.

[Edited on 8-13-2003 by Kranar]

Only 12k? i do 12k easily in 8 hours. if i was gonna sleep and run a script i better be doing 25k in that time period.

imported_Kranar
08-15-2003, 09:06 AM
<< Only 12k? i do 12k easily in 8 hours. >>

8 hours tends to be the length of the average sleeping period.

<< if i was gonna sleep and run a script i better be doing 25k in that time period. >>

How? Mathematically this is impossible to script even using meditation.

When evaluating how effective a script is, you have to consider exp per minute over your entire scripting period. When I say 23 exp per minute, I mean 23 exp per minute every day of every week of every month. So that after 1 month (30.5 days) I have made 1010160 experience points, or 20 levels.

And yes, I have done just that, and if you can do that too without scripting, then all the better to you and enjoy yourself.

I just know I'm tired PERSONALLY of sitting at my computer typing out the same repetitive motion day after day when I know I can get better results writing a script to do it for me. Gemstone to me is just a place to hang out with friends and spend my silvers when I do decide to play, it's not a place to have fun hunting.

Like I said, that applies to me personally, not to everyone.

Parkbandit
08-15-2003, 10:17 AM
AFK scripting is against policy and can result in you being banned.

From a gaming side.. it's considered cheating.

imported_Kranar
08-15-2003, 12:01 PM
<< From a gaming side.. it's considered cheating. >>

Whenever I'm done playing a game for the first time, I usually cheat the second time around. That goes for any game really.

Deathravin
08-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Its only cheating or against policy if you get caught... LOL...

I have qualms about scripting when you aren't watching it, but i'd do it if i was that confident in my script... unfortunately I hunt things that disarm, fear, and are sort of unpredictable.

-Deathravin

Reyek
08-15-2003, 09:23 PM
scripting isnt cheating. its using your resources the best you can to accomplish a task with as little effort possible ;)

Reyek
08-15-2003, 09:24 PM
Speaking of hunting scripts. anyone have a script for soul golems i can take a look at. will be able to hunt them soon and wanna peer at it

longshot
08-15-2003, 09:51 PM
That's great it's fun for you...

However, it is not so much fun to hunt when everyone around you is scripting and MAing.

While I understand it's a real challenge for you to make the perfect script, it does suck for those that don't afk script.

Do you care about this at all?

Scott
08-15-2003, 10:00 PM
I don't know about some people, but the scripts I make are really life like and you would have no idea I was AFK unless you tried talking to me. I don't speed race around, I check for ambushes, other people, etc. The ONLY way you would know I was scripting was if you tried talking to me, in which case I wouldn't be able to respond. I actually don't truely AFK script (I do it for cash hunting), I watch TV and glance back at the computer every once in awhile.

Does it effect you at all? Absolutely not. I don't search your kills, I don't kill your stuff, and I don't run speed racing around rooms. If my scripting effected you, I would care. However my scripts don't unless you want to try to talk to me...... I've seen 1 of Kranars scripts as well, he does checks as well. You wouldn't know he was AFK scripting unless you tried to get his attention........ I bet you wouldn't even know I was AFK if I walked by you....

imported_Kranar
08-15-2003, 10:12 PM
<< However, it is not so much fun to hunt when everyone around you is scripting and MAing. >>

I repeat, NO ONE HUNTS where I hunt. I mean 0 people. You have no idea how big Gemstone is, like seriously. Solhaven = Scripthaven, River's Rest = Scripting Rest and Ta'Valoor = Ta'Scripter's Paradise.

Not only do those places amazingly have deserted areas, there are critters MADE for scripting. My recent scripting challenge was getting it to recognize maneuver attacks since nothing beyond level 26 really comes without maneuvers, but once I did that, all you do is underhunt 6-7 levels and you're set. Because you're scripting, it doesn't matter one bit if you need to kill 100 or 200 things to fry, as long as you're getting the 23 exp per minute you're good to go.

GMs can spot a script if it has repetitions in it, like if it always LOOKS when it attacks or other stupids things. If you have an efficient script that casts random spells every now and then, rests in random areas (I'm a wizard so I rest invisible so no one even knows I'm there), heals itself, sells treasure, no GM would suspect you're scripting. Hell, my script now auto-casts haste, was tricky to find a way to do it since the messaging comes in two seperate bursts, but I managed.

I just think it's a really fun alternative to typing the same three commands for 144 days of only hunting to get to level 50.

[Edited on 8-16-2003 by Kranar]

imported_Kranar
08-15-2003, 10:13 PM
<< If my scripting effected you, I would care. >>

Same here, I'd care too. Heck I'll be honest with you, I'd care for purely selfish reasons. If you can detect my script, then I'm out of business.

Reyek
08-15-2003, 10:48 PM
i dont afk script never have never will

Betheny
08-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Catching the shitty AFK scripters is fun.

Deathravin
08-16-2003, 02:38 PM
So is seeing a Tempestuous, Disgraceful, Inconsiderate bitch who sticks her nose where it doesn't belong, get what is coming to her. Perhaps you need to spend less time catching scripters and coming to the aid of dumbass area spell users, and more time minding your own damn business

-Deathravin

godShell
08-16-2003, 02:47 PM
lol deathravin is a pussy who ran to the other side of elanthia for fear my character would kill him. i wasn't even going to kill you, little boy, makes you look extra pussy.

oh yes, i am king of scripts. i thought we agreed on this melissa.. :<

[Edited on 8-16-2003 by godShell]

Scott
08-16-2003, 02:57 PM
See, at least the guy (if he did) ran from you and handled it in an IC way. You on the other hand warn and reported me when you thought I was going to kill you.....

godShell
08-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Oh, well Sintik you have to understand I seperated myself from those who do not understand how to roleplay by warning them and ignoring them. I don't play GS like a shoot em up Doom game. I think we had misunderstandings because of Reminion and I could never put that aside, so was always kind of anti-Sintik's player.

Scott
08-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Anti-Sintik or not, slapping a warn on me and then reporting me because you weren't able to handle me at the time is OOC. You wanted to start trouble with me, and then when something didn't go your way you freaked out and started warning and reporting. At least that guy got away from you and handled it IC.

EDIT: By the way, I never did anything OOC around you. Your roleplaying consisted of being evil to people younger then you, and warning people older then you. You warned me because the arguement/fight didn't go your way.

[Edited on 8-16-2003 by Gemstone101]

godShell
08-16-2003, 03:10 PM
You/your girlfriends were whispering OOC insults at me. That's where I draw a line between roleplaying an asshole and being an asshole. And that is one factor in being anti-Sintik's player. The things you did were definately of harassing nature. I don't care for you either way now, good or bad.

(My roleplaying consisted of me being evil to all people. I've had several encounters with people older than me and did not have to 'warn when things don't go my way'. .. because it's not really like that, there is no 'my way', the way it turns out is the way things go. A lot of people act just like you, Sintik, and sometimes its hard to differenciate who is playing with you and who is fucking with you. You fucked around.)

[Edited on 8-16-2003 by godShell]

Scott
08-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by godShell
You/your girlfriends were whispering OOC insults at me. That's where I draw a line between roleplaying an asshole and being an asshole. And that is one factor in being anti-Sintik's player. The things I you did were definately of harassing nature. I don't care for you either way now, good or bad.

You've got to be kidding. You wanted to start a war and I made it a big deal by making your life hell. That's how I handle things, and I'm sure most people do as well. I never whispered any OOC insults to you. I know I'm not the greatest RP'er, but I don't start saying OOC things to you. I may have "harrassed" you by threatening you, but nothing was OOC.

Deathravin
08-16-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by godShell
lol deathravin is a pussy who ran to the other side of elanthia for fear my character would kill him. i wasn't even going to kill you, little boy, makes you look extra pussy.

First of all. I didn't run. I was a train 39 hunting pookas. I went to rivers rest to hunt Hisskra. I made 10mil silver and 20 levels in Rivers Rest.
Next. If you are still sore about that stupid situation, kill me whatever. The point is that Maimara had no right to cast at me. and my IN Caracter sorcerer felt threatened. and did what he thought he should. And i didn't bring anybody else into it, I didn't call forth my minions. I didn't get my level 150 uber to come threaten you. I can understand Miamara being an In Character BITCH until i realized that she was OOC friends with Mekthros, and casted at me just to be the generic Uber Kill because you killed my friend BS.

-Deathravin

godShell
08-16-2003, 04:53 PM
::pat Deathravin on back::