PDA

View Full Version : Elemental detection message...

Kitsun
01-16-2004, 07:16 PM
You gesture at a small white pearl.
You sense that the pearl is a magic item that holds a spell that seems familiar. You are unable to identify the specific spell.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cas buck
You gesture at an etched gold alloy buckle.
You sense that the buckle is a magic item with an unknown spell.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Notice the different messaging on the pearl and the buckle.

I've ALWAYS gotten the first one from outside spheres. That second one is new. Anyone have any idea about what it might mean? Rechargable messaging or something?

Bobmuhthol
01-16-2004, 07:18 PM
It means you don't know it. That's why it says unknown.

It's definitely not a rechargeable message because 405 doesn't do that.

Anebriated
01-16-2004, 07:18 PM
second one is out of your circles, first is either A) spell is higher than you know or B) botched cast, try again. I think.

Kitsun
01-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Okay, let me try this again.

I know that the bloody spell messaging means that my character can't identify the spell. However, in my years as a wizard I have only ever hit the first elemental detection messaging for spells that are higher/outside of my spell circle.

The second messaging is completely new to me. If anyone can tell me, beyond the obvious, what it might indicate about the item in question I'd love to know.

PS. The spell inside the pearl is Bravery. My cleric blessed it into there. So the second messaging isn't because it is outside my circle.

Ansherak
01-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Find a bard and have them sing to both items, in all my years as a Mage I too have not seen that second set of messaging, though they may have just spruced up the messaging and added some flavour to it, then again, it might signify something aswell.

Be sure to post what you find out, I'm intrigued.

D-

Bobmuhthol
01-16-2004, 08:29 PM
You've seen the first message because of your level. The second message probably happened on a spell like 220 (I don't even know what 220 is so don't say anything) where your level isn't enough to bypass the fact it's a spirit spell and you're elemental. My wizard, which I've logged on to a grand total of 15 times, has always gotten the second message for other circle spells.