PDA

View Full Version : Officials: Locate Person (116) Realm Visions

7Seconds
09-17-2008, 02:05 AM
Locate Person (116) has been updated to now provide unique visions to the caster when their target is out of range based upon the realm the caster is in.

Thanks to GameMaster Thandiwe for providing the awesome descriptions!

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team

"I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated sufficiently to reason incorrectly." - Michel de Montaigne

This message was originally posted in Magic Spells and Systems, Minor Spiritual Circle. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=18&topic=5&message=3288

Morrff
09-17-2008, 02:48 AM
cool

radamanthys
09-17-2008, 03:14 AM
Anyone post the visions?

Asha
09-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Wow. Important update.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Estild is pretty cool, and while it's not important, I think it's nice to have that kind of attention to detail. I think it's cool ;p

Drew
09-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Yeah this is a good update in my book. Better than working on monks.

Hips
09-17-2008, 10:28 AM
You gesture into the air.
Awareness expands as your mind reaches out, questing for Baelog. Images flash past your senses...

Imposing crenellation, remarkable in design, tops the high walls of a fortress city that boasts four imposing gates.
To the north of the militant stronghold is an enormous lake that randomly ripples or swirls, its surface glittering like the tears of the fallen.

Slowly the images fade as the magic begins to unravel.
XXXXX must be beyond the reach of your spell.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

^ Vaalor.

B2
09-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Zul Logoth:

Toadstool-illuminated walls rise smoothly from cool, stone floors to create twisting tunnels that bend this way and that and are speckled with glittering prizes.
A rapidly moving mine cart surges past, its wheels rattling loudly upon the iron tracks, and a bright yellow canary chases after it.

B2
09-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Aaaand Mist Harbor:

Surrounded by mists on all sides, a small island is enclosed by glittering sapphire blue waters which are teeming with life.
Deep in the dark green of the tropical landmass, the foliage ripples like waves as the wind batters at it from all four directions.

Hips
09-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Nestled beneath the gaze of glacial peaks is a sapphire city that glitters and sparkles amongst tall grasses, which trickle away into an enormous pass.
Speckling the countryside are observatories, manors, and shrines that gleam only slightly less majestically than their larger counterparts within the glowing metropolis.

^ Illistim.

SayGoodbye
09-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Landing:

High walls surround a sprawling frontier-style town that is set back from the woods on the east and coastal cliffs on the west.
Ivory markers wink in and out of the lush greenery of the forest. The foliage ends abruptly at an expansive cemetery, its gates tall and imposing.

Hips
09-17-2008, 11:06 AM
High walls surround a sprawling frontier-style town that is set back from the woods on the east and coastal cliffs on the west.
Ivory markers wink in and out of the lush greenery of the forest. The foliage ends abruptly at an expansive cemetery, its gates tall and imposing.

^ Landing.

Hips
09-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Glittering like a thousand tears falling from the cliffs, the waterfall is fed to the north by a river that kisses the land and to the south by an enormous, deep blue bay.
Fishing boats and lobster pots speckle the tranquil waters that lick the edges of a sprawling sea port and its nearby shanty cousin.

^ Solhaven.

SayGoodbye
09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm confused so the caster sees a vision of what realm the caster itself is in? Who needs that? I thought it gave a vision of what realm the target was in..

CrystalTears
09-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm confused so the caster sees a vision of what realm the caster itself is in? Who needs that? I thought it gave a vision of what realm the target was in..
Yeah I thought so too. :(

Hips
09-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I thought so too, but as I was moving from place to place it seems to be the location that you're in, rather than the target. (which is pretty lame)

TheEschaton
09-17-2008, 11:22 AM
That has to be a mistake.

Some Rogue
09-17-2008, 11:48 AM
It's not. Read the announcement again. It says the caster's realm.

Someone brought this up on the officials and one of the GM's said it would diminsh the value of the lore training for cross realm locates if anyone could see what realm it was.

CrystalTears
09-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Oh wow, god forbid we can see what realm they are in. It's not like we can transport ourselves there. Because we obviously need to know where we are.

I'm sorry, this is such a stupid "enhancement" to me.

Asha
09-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Oh wow, god forbid we can see what realm they are in. It's not like we can transport ourselves there. Because we obviously need to know where we are.

I'm sorry, this is such a stupid "enhancement" to me.

Askip
09-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Estild later posted that it was a (not his words) fluff-type change. He did not want to decrease the value of Summoning Lore training for the spell.

CrystalTears
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
I'd be more impressed if they allowed the lores to transport to anywhere, rather than locating anywhere. Seeing that someone is in Ta'Illistim while you're in the landing isn't going to help all that much unless you can tell someone who is currently there who can help.

Seeing as they've made the world environment humongous while the player base gets smaller by the day, giving perks for helping each other out while they profess that this should be an interactive game is not asking for a lot, IMO.

diethx
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I'd be more impressed if they allowed the lores to transport to anywhere, rather than locating anywhere. Seeing that someone is in Ta'Illistim while you're in the landing isn't going to help all that much unless you can tell someone who is currently there who can help.

Seeing as they've made the world environment humongous while the player base gets smaller by the day, giving perks for helping each other out while they profess that this should be an interactive game is not asking for a lot, IMO.

I agree with this 110%. That is all.

mgoddess
09-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Surrounded by the vibrancy of the jungle on many sides, the small town is comprised of ruined bridges and roughened veneer.
Distant sails, many black and tattered, top vessels of ill-repute as they turn to port upon a glittering sea.

^^ River's Rest.

I have to agree that it's pretty lame caster's get the message for their own realm... it'd be much more useful for people (with the required Summoning Lore) to get the realm message of wherever the person your locating is. (I guess maybe they didn't want to do that because some part of the population that have access to 116 don't train in Summoning Lore. *shrug*)

Gelston
09-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Damn, I was hoping it was the other way around too. So I could track people down and murder them better and be uber 1337 in tha Text RG

B2
09-17-2008, 06:33 PM
I would have been okay with changing the spell to not show anything. It was weird always seeing a Volcano, or whatever the old one was.

I guess it makes more sense than always seeing a volcano, but...

Allereli
09-17-2008, 06:36 PM
It's not an enhancement, it's "flavoring"

Gelston
09-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd be happy with...

cast somedeaddude
You gesture.
Somedeaddude isn't in range.

7Seconds
09-17-2008, 07:44 PM
I'd be happy with...