PDA

View Full Version : Jose Cuervo Sucks

Methais
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I drank like 8 or 9 shots of this shit so far because I'm too lazy to go to the store and get beer, and I don't even have a buzz.

:wtf:

Miss Ismurii
09-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Jose sucks arse too. ):

SHAFT
09-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Jack Daniels or Hennessy. That's all I know baby.

NocturnalRob
09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
JD always = a good night for me

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Jack Daniels

Yes please.

Methais
09-15-2008, 10:11 PM
JD is great. I just happened to have a couple pints of Cuervo lying around and didn't feel like going to get beer. Fuck this shit though, I went to the store and got beer.

Life is good again.

SHAFT
09-15-2008, 10:14 PM
JD is great. I just happened to have a couple pints of Cuervo lying around and didn't feel like going to get beer. Fuck this shit though, I went to the store and got beer.

Life is good again.

Here's a test of your manhood Methais. What type of beer?

NocturnalRob
09-15-2008, 10:16 PM

he got o'douls

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-15-2008, 10:18 PM
he got o'douls

IDAHO CHAMPAGNE!!! Er.. keystone light?

:rofl:

Seriously.. tequila typically makes me gag and I can only stomach beer after a lot of hard a.

SHAFT
09-15-2008, 10:56 PM
he got o'douls

I'm waiting for him to say Busch or Milwaukee Light, or some disgusting shit like that.

SHAFT
09-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes please.

You don't know shit about Mr. Daniels. BTFU.

Methais
09-15-2008, 10:58 PM

Just going with Budweiser tonight. Convenience stores don't have much of a selection.

radamanthys
09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Fucking A. Jose is a bad man. He's raped me in my liver-hole. But my favorite of the three wisemen is Johnny. Jack is a man of peculiar taste. Jose is a rambunctious fellow, the last thing you want is Jose Cuervo sucking. And Johnny... well johnny is a man of good taste.

<3.

SHAFT
09-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Just going with Budweiser tonight. Convenience stores don't have much of a selection.

All my employees are mexican. They drink Bud or Bud Light. I'm a white man and I drink Corona or Sol. I see it everywhere.

I also endorse Newcastle.

radamanthys
09-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Like Newcastle? Try Old Brown Dog. It's tasty.

p.s. Not literally. I was talking about the beer.

Sean of the Thread
09-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I love bourbon but no thanks. Trouble.. it oozes out of my pours for days and I get bitched at forever.

SHAFT
09-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Like Newcastle? Try Old Brown Dog. It's tasty.

p.s. Not literally. I was talking about the beer.

You sir are a friend. I shall remember that.

radamanthys
09-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Bourbon is bad news. Agreed. It's not as rambunctious, but it's a hell of a lot dumber than Jose.

Mr. Shaft... and anyone, really... there's plenty of pints of great beer for y'all. At least two on me if you're ever in the Binghamton area. I live basically across the street from a great place that has even Arrogant Bastard on tap. <3.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-15-2008, 11:33 PM
You don't know shit about Mr. Daniels. BTFU.

I know enough about my friend Jack to know he's my favorite.

<3

SHAFT
09-15-2008, 11:59 PM
I know enough about my friend Jack to know he's my favorite.

<3

I don't believe you. Until I see your boobs drenched in Jack I have to call shenanigans.

;)

radamanthys
09-16-2008, 12:03 AM
I'd fight that, but I'm curiously intrigued at the thought. Wet t-shirt= nasty hard win. Which has been proven.

Bokertal
09-16-2008, 12:05 AM
I drank like 8 or 9 shots of this shit so far because I'm too lazy to go to the store and get beer, and I don't even have a buzz.

You have graduated my friend.

Beer - Arrogant Bastard
Booze - Vodka, lots.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't believe you. Until I see your boobs drenched in Jack I have to call shenanigans.

;)

Why the HELL would I waste good jack to pour on my boobs?

SHAFT
09-16-2008, 12:18 AM

Hahaha, excellent point! I was just kiddin with ya.

I can only drink Jack with diet coke however, with 2 ice cubes.

Hennessy str8 up is excellent, but not Jack.

thefarmer
09-16-2008, 12:21 AM

This is the PC.

I'm more than positive some bright minds here can help you figure it out.

SHAFT
09-16-2008, 12:31 AM
This is the PC.

I'm more than positive some bright minds here can help you figure it out.

...says the married man.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't care how big and fabulous my tits are, Jack is Jack and that shit is better drank than running over my boobs into the ground.

Drakefang
09-16-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't care how big and fabulous my tits are, Jack is Jack and that shit is better drank than running over my boobs into the ground.

Ground? You pour that swill (and I seriously prefer single malt scotch) down your breasts and let your man lap it up or drink it right up, depending. That or have it run off and into another container, take a picture to prove it and sell it here for plenty of GS silvers.....uh, potentially.

thefarmer
09-16-2008, 01:34 AM
...says the married man.

Pfft.

*I* didn't offer to help her. I said *other* people would.

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Tequila is the only alcoholic beverage I drink anymore. So I guess I'm the only one who is tight with Jose Cuervo.

Clove
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Tequila is the only alcoholic beverage I drink anymore. So I guess I'm the only one who is tight with Jose Cuervo.And the rest of you ought to be tight with Jose too... how do you think she got up the gumption to post those pictures?!

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Good point. :D

Adequate Picker
09-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Love me some Jose.

Liagala
09-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Jose and I really aren't good friends anymore. Bad things happen when he and I get together. Very, very bad. Jack's a good guy though.

DeV
09-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Tequila is the only alcoholic beverage I drink anymore. So I guess I'm the only one who is tight with Jose Cuervo.
Tequila makes me very naughty. We have a love/hate relationship.

Jack Daniels is a good time every time. And I've developed a strong appreciation for Captain Morgans private stock. That's some yum rum.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 11:59 AM
cuervo is garbage tequila anyway. it tastes like paint thinner. patron = good times.

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Tequila makes me very naughty. We have a love/hate relationship.
Me too. I also become really giggly, really honest, and really talkative. My husband LOVES when I get drunk on tequila.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 12:12 PM
really talkative. !=
My husband LOVES when I get drunk on tequila.

edit: unless you become more open to suggestions...

BigWorm
09-16-2008, 12:25 PM
I can drink damn near anything except bourbon and tequila. I hate tequila so much I can't really even do margaritas. The only thing I allow tequila into is the occasional LIT which I only drink when I'm asking for pain anyway.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 12:30 PM
LIT

even when i was bartending, i never understood why people ordered these. they taste like ass. just drink 2-3 shots. you're getting the same amount of alcohol, generally for the same price (especially if i was bartending), and you don't look like a fucking mutt walking around with a glass of toxic waste.

BigWorm
09-16-2008, 12:45 PM
even when i was bartending, i never understood why people ordered these. they taste like ass. just drink 2-3 shots. you're getting the same amount of alcohol, generally for the same price (especially if i was bartending), and you don't look like a fucking mutt walking around with a glass of toxic waste.

Apparently you fucking suck at making them. I really don't like the taste of alcohol when I'm starting out the night (cuz I'm a pussy) so I often ease into the party with weaker drinks, but a good LIT is mostly alcohol and I can't even taste it. I think somehow the pine needle flavor of the gin counteracts the rotten asshole flavor of the tequila. I think most people use too much Triple Sec and/or Coke when they make them and they end up overly sweet. A good one looks just like an iced tea.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Apparently you fucking suck at making them.

whatever you want to think. LIT is a shit drink. drink shots or get the fuck out.

I really don't like the taste of alcohol when I'm starting out the night (cuz I'm a pussy)

qft

I think somehow the pine needle flavor of the gin counteracts the rotten asshole flavor of the tequila.

if anything has a rotten asshole flavor, it's gin.

I think most people use too much Triple Sec and/or Coke when they make them and they end up overly sweet. A good one looks just like an iced tea.

ah, and here's the confusion. i never made traditional LITs. i always made AMFs (Adios Motherfuckers). Uses blue curacao instead of triple sec and sprite instead of coke. people liked the taste better. so instead of iced tea, it looked like blue slime. fun times!

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 12:56 PM
if anything has a rotten asshole flavor, it's gin.
QFMFT

Marl
09-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Jose used to be my favorite buddy until he poisoned me one night a while back.

I stick to good Vodka now.

Stanley Burrell
09-16-2008, 01:09 PM
I bought a bottle of http://www.buy-czech-absinthe.com/img-art/absinth-35-035-big.jpg for a friend.

I infuse wormwood all the time. Nastiest tasting shit in the entire world, but it helps me poop. Never started tripping balls drinking wormwood tea, not really sure about the thujone levels in absinthe, but I'm still weary in buying a bottle just for myself. Don't want to cut off my ear and mail it to my girlfriend.

I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks. My alcohol tolerance is reset. Time to go get wasted off two Coronas.

BigWorm
09-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I bought a bottle of http://www.buy-czech-absinthe.com/img-art/absinth-35-035-big.jpg for a friend.

I infuse wormwood all the time. Nastiest tasting shit in the entire world, but it helps me poop. Never started tripping balls drinking wormwood tea, not really sure about the thujone levels in absinthe, but I'm still weary in buying a bottle just for myself. Don't want to cut off my ear and mail it to my girlfriend.

I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks. My alcohol tolerance is reset. Time to go get wasted off two Coronas.

The absinthe hallucination thing is a myth but that shit has tons of alcohol in it which will get you fucked up super fast if you don't dilute it and can somehow hold it down.

Stanley Burrell
09-16-2008, 01:45 PM
The absinthe hallucination thing is a myth but that shit has tons of alcohol in it which will get you fucked up super fast if you don't dilute it and can somehow hold it down.

"Why is the floor as low as I can go?"

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
"Why is the floor as low as I can go?"

because you're not Shadowcat. Bonggggggggg

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/2/2f/Shdwcat.jpg

Daniel
09-16-2008, 02:05 PM
The absinthe hallucination thing is a myth

I don't know.

When I was in Lisbon I got roped into doing these shots with the locals where they mixed Absinthe and some sort of Caffeinated liquor, lit in on fire, and then made you down the shot while inhaling the fumes.

Let's just say 4 of those and 9 hours of dancing to bad 80's music made me question this statement. Apparently, I had a blast.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 02:12 PM
I can only drink Jack with diet coke however, with 2 ice cubes.

Hennessy str8 up is excellent, but not Jack.

i missed this the first time around, so...

http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/you-re-gay.jpg

Daniel
09-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Hennessy is the fucking ass.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 02:15 PM

honestly, the only thing worse than hennessy that people drink with abandon is hpnotiq. and then people combine them (incredible hulk) and i want to smash a shot glass into their temple.

then i remember that we charged $16 for that particular drink, so i shrug and ring it up.

Daniel
09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Isn't hypnotiq Hennessy?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't know.

When I was in Lisbon I got roped into doing these shots with the locals where they mixed Absinthe and some sort of Caffeinated liquor, lit in on fire, and then made you down the shot while inhaling the fumes.

Let's just say 4 of those and 9 hours of dancing to bad 80's music made me question this statement. Apparently, I had a blast.

Absinthe is one of my favorite drinks (I have a collection of absinthe glasses and absinthe spoons, in fact) but you're really not supposed to mix it with other liquor and you absolutely NEED to dilute it.

Basically you dip a sugar cube in the liquor in the bottom of your cup, set it on a slotted spoon across the top, light the cube on fire and then let it burn and drip into the absinthe. Then you stir out the flame in the alcohol and pour water into the alcohol slowly to dilute it and turn it this frothy, pale green color.

If you take shots of it straight or drink it with other alcohol you're going to get fucked up in a major way like you have never been fucked up before. If you just drink it like you're supposed to drink it (making a bouche, mix in sugar, etc) you get drunk but it's a very lucid kind of drunk that feels great. No hallucinations, no next morning black out, no puking everywhere. It's why it became popular among writers and artists-- it's relaxing and lowers your inhibitions but without all the crappy side effects of losing lucidity like you do with other alcohol.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Isn't hypnotiq Hennessy?

holy crap no. they're both french. that's about it.

Daniel
09-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Absinthe is one of my favorite drinks (I have a collection of absinthe glasses and absinthe spoons, in fact) but you're really not supposed to mix it with other liquor and you absolutely NEED to dilute it.

Basically you dip a sugar cube in the liquor in the bottom of your cup, set it on a slotted spoon across the top, light the cube on fire and then let it burn and drip into the absinthe. Then you stir out the flame in the alcohol and pour water into the alcohol slowly to dilute it and turn it this frothy, pale green color.

If you take shots of it straight or drink it with other alcohol you're going to get fucked up in a major way like you have never been fucked up before. If you just drink it like you're supposed to drink it (making a bouche, mix in sugar, etc) you get drunk but it's a very lucid kind of drunk that feels great. No hallucinations, no next morning black out, no puking everywhere. It's why it became popular among writers and artists-- it's relaxing and lowers your inhibitions but without all the crappy side effects of losing lucidity like you do with other alcohol.

Yea. Lesson learned. That fucking 80's music was BAD.

Daniel
09-16-2008, 02:27 PM
holy crap no. they're both french. that's about it.

Hypnotiq has Cognac. For some reason I always thought it was hennessy. Either way, you're right. The last time I drunk hennessy I ended up throwing the bottle at a group of guys wearing pink polo shirts....from a moving car..

diethx
09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
I haven't had a Long Island Iced Tea in years.. but man I used to love them. When I lived back home my best friend and I used to go to Houlihans for happy hour all the time and get them super cheap.. nom nom.

And man, all this tequila talk makes me want to go get a giant same-size-as-my-head frozen tangerine grapefruit margarita from O'Charleys. Man those things are fucking awesome. And one of them gets me tipsy.

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 02:59 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was: Who?

Turns out it's much less funny.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 03:03 PM
The last time I drunk hennessy I ended up throwing the bottle at a group of guys wearing pink polo shirts....from a moving car..

I thought I recognized you, you son-of-a-bitch!! It's so on.

Oh, and this shall be a warning to all--> PC-DC party shall soon be upon us. Watch for the thread.

diethx
09-16-2008, 03:03 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was: Who?

Damn, who doesn't know what Jose Cuervo is? You must be some serious loser irl.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 03:05 PM

duh. she lives in VA.

Methais
09-16-2008, 03:06 PM
The last time I drunk hennessy I ended up throwing the bottle at a group of guys wearing pink polo shirts....from a moving car..

You should drink hennessy every day.

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 03:10 PM

Not everyone requires alcohol in order to have fun. Also, I didn't grow up in the US, if that's a US or US-centric brand. [/shrug]

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Not everyone requires alcohol in order to have fun. Also, I didn't grow up in the US, if that's a US or US-centric brand. [/shrug]

Mexico, yo.

Allereli
09-16-2008, 03:16 PM
duh. she lives in VA.

HEY!

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 03:18 PM
HEY!

oh snap!!

Methais
09-16-2008, 03:20 PM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_4UmlxUMw9eE/R7BM6_GR2lI/AAAAAAAAAUA/6RXUANmXg_8/s320/snapping-fingers.jpg

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 03:40 PM

I don't need condoms to have sex but I know what a Trojan is.

thefarmer
09-16-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't need condoms to have sex but I know what a Trojan is.

:rofl:

I have nothing else to add other than when I did drink, it was http://www.pinkiesonline.com/images/189grey_goose_vodka.jpg

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey hey, give it some slack. It lived half (most) [some] of its life abroad so its confused. Knows all about the slums of DC but doesn't know shit about alcohol.

It could happen. I'm sure. In some.. universe.. I guess.

Clove
09-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't need condoms to have sex but I know what a Trojan is.What if they made Cuervo-flavored Trojans?

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey hey, give it some slack. It lived half (most) [some] of its life abroad so its confused. Knows all about the slums of DC but doesn't know shit about alcohol.

It could happen. I'm sure. In some.. universe.. I guess.

Just because you're a trashed-up whore that started getting drunk off her ass at the age of thirteen (younger?), or hung out with people who did, doesn't mean that I did. I don't care for hard alcohol, period.

Nor do I regularly use the forms of media that bombard people with alcohol advertising. I'm sorry if my youth didn't revolve around rebelling about something that was (actually, wasn't) forbidden to me.

Now shove a bottle in it until the next snipe.

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 03:55 PM
What if they made Cuervo-flavored Trojans?
NOM NOM NOM NOM!!

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM
What if they made Cuervo-flavored Trojans?

I was born in Cuba, and therefore have no idea with a Trojan is or a "Cuervo".

I am pretty sure a "Cuervo" is MEXICAN thing though, therefore I am better than you because you are clearly a racist ignoramus. Next you're going to be telling me I can't get an abortion, but it's MY man-uterus, therefore I'm the one to decide what happens with it!

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM
NOM NOM NOM NOM!!

Somehow, I REALLY see you saying that to anything remotely phallic shaped.

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Just because you're a trashed-up whore that started getting drunk off her ass at the age of thirteen (younger?), or hung out with people who did, doesn't mean that I did. I don't care for hard alcohol, period.
:lol: You're a work of art. Really. Like Narc said (which you said was not a good analogy then deleted your post because that's just how you roll), just because you didn't partake in it doesn't mean that have to be ignorant of what it is.

Nor do I regularly use the forms of media that bombard people with alcohol advertising. I'm sorry if my youth didn't revolve around rebelling about something that was (actually, wasn't) forbidden to me.
You mean... you don't walk around the streets... ever? Or open a magazine? Or... nevermind. If living life makes me a whore, then whore it is!

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Somehow, I REALLY see you saying that to anything remotely phallic shaped.
So would you, it seems.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 04:00 PM

I never got drunk until I was 18, but by the age of 3 I knew what Jack Daniels was and it wasn't because I was an alcoholic toddler or anything of the sort. What a stupid assumption.

Clearly if you recognize Heinz ketchup on sight it's because you secretly guzzle it in the bathroom on your company smoke breaks, amirite? Or maybe it's because it doesn't take being addicted to or even LIKING a product to know what it is. Personally I think condoms suck balls and hate them with every fiber of my being, but if someone started tossing around a Magnum still in its wrapper I wouldn't be all, LOL WUT IS THAT?

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
:lol: You're a work of art. Really. Like Narc said (which you said was not a good analogy then deleted your post because that's just how you roll), just because you didn't partake in it doesn't mean that have to be ignorant of what it is.

It wasn't a good analogy. While both sex and alcohol are common--many people don't drink, but virtually everyone has sex, or at least thinks about it, pretty often.

It's almost as bad as saying "What?! I know you don't watch sports, but you don't even know who (random state team) is?" you'd get from virtually every computer nerd.

Some things have entered American pop culture, through various means--usually advertising or movies. Like the Budweiser commercials, or people drinking Jack Daniels in movies (or seeing it on restaurant menus, etc).

You mean... you don't walk around the streets... ever? Or open a magazine? Or... nevermind. If living life makes me a whore, then whore it is!

I have never seen, or at least recognized, a "Jose Cuervo" ad. I try not to pay attention to ads when I walk around, anyway. I normally walk without my contacts or glasses on/in out of habit.

You're passing a value judgment just because I hadn't heard of a random brand of alcohol? Moronic. But I wouldn't expect you to pass up an opportunity to snipe.

Clove
09-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I never got drunk until I was 18, but by the age of 3 I knew what Jack Daniels was and it wasn't because I was an alcoholic toddler or anything of the sort. What a stupid assumption.

Clearly if you recognize Heinz ketchup on sight it's because you secretly guzzle it in the bathroom on your company smoke breaks, amirite? Or maybe it's because it doesn't take being addicted to or even LIKING a product to know what it is. Personally I think condoms suck balls and hate them with every fiber of my being, but if someone started tossing around a Magnum still in its wrapper I wouldn't be all, LOL WUT IS THAT?It's ignorant so that makes you the whore. Comedy gold.

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 04:07 PM
You're passing a value judgment just because I hadn't heard of a random brand of alcohol? Moronic. But I wouldn't expect you to pass up an opportunity to snipe.
Jose Cuervo is not a rare item in this world. And for someone who touts your world knowledge yet doesn't know anything about a known product shows how sheltered you are.

And you passed judgment on me being a whore because I DID know of it. So fuck you very much. Cunt.

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 04:07 PM

You're assuming that Jose Cuervo has entered pop culture--especially worldwide, western culture like Jack Daniels has? Not even close.

Clearly if you recognize Heinz ketchup on sight it's because you secretly guzzle it in the bathroom on your company smoke breaks, amirite? Or maybe it's because it doesn't take being addicted to or even LIKING a product to know what it is. Personally I think condoms suck balls and hate them with every fiber of my being, but if someone started tossing around a Magnum still in its wrapper I wouldn't be all, LOL WUT IS THAT?

Alcohol--at least in the US--is a restricted substance. You're very likely to come across something like ketchup, on many low-end restaurant tables, in your random adventures, but somewhat less likely to do so across a random type of alcohol. Still don't think that Jose Cuervo is on the same level as say, Bacardi, Jack Daniels, Smirnoff, etc, and more on the level (or lower) of things like Captain Morgan's/etc.

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Jose Cuervo is not a rare item in this world. And for someone who touts your world knowledge yet doesn't know anything about a known product shows how sheltered you are.

And you passed judgment on me being a whore because I DID know of it. So fuck you very much. Cunt.

You're a dumbass. Someone has to be "ignorant" and has no "world knowledge" if they weren't familiar with some random brand of booze? Interesting gauge.

And no, I called you a whore because your posts have that certain level of "cuntiness" that makes me think you would. Bitch.

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
You're assuming that Jose Cuervo has entered pop culture--especially worldwide, western culture like Jack Daniels has? Not even close.How would you know? You didn't know what it is.

Daniel
09-16-2008, 04:10 PM

Can you not ass up this thread as well?

DeV
09-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Holy fuck. I didn't think it was possible to ruin a perfectly fine alcohol thread.

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 04:12 PM
How would you know? You didn't know what it is.

Both anecdotal and proper research? I've been bombarded with (unwillingly) with advertisements from various alcohol companies--dozens of types of beers, wine, booze, etc, and know many, but haven't heard of this one? That in and of itself.

I've seen Jack Daniels in dozens of movies and none of Jose Cuervo? In any case, there are ways to do actual rather than anecdotal research on it, which I've been doing for the last ten minutes out of curiosity.

thefarmer
09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3781/trolllt6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Can you not ass up this thread as well?

That would depend upon CrystalCunt being able to snarf down enough Midol to stop her from ambushing me in every thread I post in.

She, Diethx, etc, have done it before, which led to the last mess. If you have a problem with it, I'd suggest taking it up with them.

RichardCranium
09-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Dobra for me, thanks.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 04:16 PM
It wasn't a good analogy. While both sex and alcohol are common--many people don't drink, but virtually everyone has sex, or at least thinks about it, pretty often.

It's almost as bad as saying "What?! I know you don't watch sports, but you don't even know who (random state team) is?" you'd get from virtually every computer nerd.

Some things have entered American pop culture, through various means--usually advertising or movies. Like the Budweiser commercials, or people drinking Jack Daniels in movies (or seeing it on restaurant menus, etc).

I have never seen, or at least recognized, a "Jose Cuervo" ad. I try not to pay attention to ads when I walk around, anyway. I normally walk without my contacts or glasses on/in out of habit.

The moronic thing is that you came in here and posted saying you had no clue what it was, when this is clearly a discussion that's about what alcohol we like and don't like.

What was the point? To spout off about how much better than the rest of us you are because your brain doesn't retain advertisements from Corporate America, or that you don't drink, or any of that?

It comes across as trying too hard, dude. And that's why people jump all over you. I have friends who don't drink and that's really not the issue, the issue is that whenever threads like these pop up you always seem to post to try to assert your superiority over the rest of us, whether it be morally or whatever. This behavior paired with your tendency to overreact on the defensive side of things when people call you on it leads me to believe you actually have a really low self-esteem and it's for that reason that you strive to validate yourself through this medium. You're quite clearly a very insecure person but the fact is, most people don't really care why, they just find it incredibly annoying.

You're entitled to be who you are, like what you do, have your own opinions.. You just act so self-righteous about it and try to overtly manipulate others to knock them down a peg about every little thing. It doesn't matter who's playing the games, they just get really old, really fast. Be straight with people, stop trying to manipulate to make yourself feel better, and unwind the knot out of your panties when people disagree with you or knock on you. When you stop taking yourself so seriously, people will stop treating you like shit here.

Daniel
09-16-2008, 04:19 PM
That would depend upon CrystalCunt being able to snarf down enough Midol to stop her from ambushing me in every thread I post in.

She, Diethx, etc, have done it before, which led to the last mess. If you have a problem with it, I'd suggest taking it up with them.

I'm sorry, but if you don't know what Jose Cuervo is, then you should expect to be called retarded. Just be a man and suck it up.

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
The moronic thing is that you came in here and posted saying you had no clue what it was, when this is clearly a discussion that's about what alcohol we like and don't like.

What was the point? To spout off about how much better than the rest of us you are because your brain doesn't retain advertisements from Corporate America, or that you don't drink, or any of that?

It comes across as trying too hard, dude. And that's why people jump all over you. I have friends who don't drink and that's really not the issue, the issue is that whenever threads like these pop up you always seem to post to try to assert your superiority over the rest of us, whether it be morally or whatever. This behavior paired with your tendency to overreact on the defensive side of things when people call you on it leads me to believe you actually have a really low self-esteem and it's for that reason that you strive to validate yourself through this medium. You're quite clearly a very insecure person but the fact is, most people don't really care why, they just find it incredibly annoying.

You're entitled to be who you are, like what you do, have your own opinions.. You just act so self-righteous about it and try to overtly manipulate others to knock them down a peg about every little thing. It doesn't matter who's playing the games, they just get really old, really fast. Be straight with people, stop trying to manipulate to make yourself feel better, and unwind the knot out of your panties when people disagree with you or knock on you. When you stop taking yourself so seriously, people will stop treating you like shit here.

What the fuck? All I did was come in here and comment--I thought, humorously--I hadn't even heard of it. I was making fun of myself, not lording "my superiority."

I don't hate alcohol--nor do I actually pass judgment on those who don't--I'm just not a big drinker. What caused the flame war--like happens in many threads--is some bitter, offensive cunt like Diethx, Tisket, CrystalTears, etc, flying in here to take a swipe. I respond, some other assholes get on it and it spirals from there.

thefarmer
09-16-2008, 04:23 PM
What the fuck? All I did was come in here and comment--I thought, humorously--I hadn't even heard of it. I was making fun of myself, not lording "my superiority."

That's the problem.

*You* thought it was funny. Everyone else thought you were stupid.

Besides, for someone wanting to make fun of themselves, you sure were quick to take offense when someone else made fun of you.

Stanley Burrell
09-16-2008, 04:24 PM

Thujone is a ketone and a monoterpene that exists in two stereoisomeric forms: (+)-3-thujone or α-thujone and (−)-3-thujone or β-thujone. It has a menthol odor. Even though it is best known for being a chemical in absinthe, recent tests show absinthe contains only small quantities of thujone, and may or may not be responsible for absinthe's reported psychedelic effects. Thujone acts on the GABA receptors in the brain and exhibits slight, if any, psychoactive response. In many countries the amount of thujone allowed in food or drink products is regulated.

It was once thought that excessive absinthe drinking had worse effects than those associated with overindulgence in other forms of alcohol, a belief that led to diagnoses of the disease of 'absinthism'. One of the first vilifications of absinthe was an 1864 experiment in which a certain Dr. Magnan exposed a guinea pig to large doses of pure wormwood vapor and another to alcohol vapors. The guinea pig exposed to wormwood experienced convulsive seizures, while the animal exposed to alcohol did not. Dr. Magnan would later blame the chemical thujone, contained in wormwood, for these effects.

A study in the Journal of Studies on Alcohol concluded that a high concentration of thujone in alcohol has negative effects on attention performance. It slowed down reaction time, and caused subjects to concentrate their attention in the central field of vision. Medium doses did not produce an effect noticeably different from plain alcohol. The high dose of thujone used in the study was larger than what can currently be obtained, even in 'high thujone' absinthe that cannot be sold legally in the European Union. While the effects of this high dose were statistically significant in a double blind test, the test subjects themselves could still not reliably identify which samples were the ones containing thujone. As most people describe the effects of absinthe as a more lucid and aware drunk, this suggests that thujone is not the cause of any of absinthe’s alleged secondary effects.

And still: ?

Is that like the fucking shits? Shouldn't it be fucking asses (plural?) Is the fucking asses the same thing as the fucking shits? What about the fucking fucks.

Corona with lime is the fucking fucks.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 04:25 PM

I don't hate alcohol--nor do I actually pass judgment on those who don't--I'm just not a big drinker. What caused the flame war--like happens in many threads--is some bitter, offensive cunt like Diethx, Tisket, CrystalTears, etc, flying in here to take a swipe. I respond, some other assholes get on it and it spirals from there.

I don't follow you from thread to thread or needlessly rag on you, never have, so I hope you know that when I do post it's not out of some need to be a bitch to you.

I just think that given how many people tend to turn against you in nearly every thread, with the same pattern emerging out of each thread, there are conclusions to be drawn. One of those is that you are not a helpless victim that everyone trolls just for the hell of it. If I'm totally incorrect about you being ragingly insecure, then so be it. But you continue to do the same things over and over and expect different results, and it may be time to stop blaming everyone else and look at your own actions if you really don't like the way you're treated here on the PCs. You claim to post to make fun of yourself, but when someone else does you freak out. If you're gonna rag on yourself, that's an open invitation for others to do so too. If you rag on yourself and don't expect others to join in, it means you were expecting to be assured that you are indeed cool and there's nothing anyone could possibly make fun of you about.. which points back to that little self-esteem issue. It's like girls who are constantly saying "I'm fat, I'm ugly" to push their friends into complimenting and reassuring them.

I've gotten into flaming wars with most of the girls you've posted, everyone (men and women included) has pissed off days where they are probably needlessly mean in some threads, but typically the unrest does not follow the targeted individual around like some dark cloud unless there is recurrent behavior to warrant the reactions people are giving.

Ashliana
09-16-2008, 04:33 PM
That's the problem.

*You* thought it was funny. Everyone else thought you were stupid.

Besides, for someone wanting to make fun of themselves, you sure were quick to take offense when someone else made fun of you.

That's fine. You can think I'm stupid for not knowing an alcohol brand. The difference is the attitude. Someone intentionally trying to be a bitch--I'm obviously going to respond to that.

I don't follow you from thread to thread or needlessly rag on you, never have, so I hope you know that when I do post it's not out of some need to be a bitch to you.

I just think that given how many people tend to turn against you in nearly every thread, with the same pattern emerging out of each thread, there are conclusions to be drawn. One of those is that you are not a helpless victim that everyone trolls just for the hell of it. If I'm totally incorrect about you being ragingly insecure, then so be it. But you continue to do the same things over and over and expect different results, and it may be time to stop blaming everyone else and look at your own actions if you really don't like the way you're treated here on the PCs. You claim to post to make fun of yourself, but when someone else does you freak out. If you're gonna rag on yourself, that's an open invitation for others to do so too. If you rag on yourself and don't expect it, it means you were expecting to be assured that you are indeed cool and there's nothing anyone could possibly make fun of you about.. which points back to that little self-esteem issue.

I've gotten into flaming wars with most of the girls you've posted, everyone (men and women included) has pissed off days where they are probably needlessly mean in some threads, but typically the unrest does not follow the targeted individual around like some dark cloud unless there is recurrent behavior to warrant the reactions people are giving.

I don't agree with your analysis, but you're welcome to it and I can see your point of view. But I made a fairly innocuous comment and was attacked by multiple people over it. Maybe there's nothing necessarily wrong with what I did, but that I've pissed off too many (or a handful of obsessive) people, but I'll deal with that.

I particularly do not enjoy conversations where people are unable to control themselves and post like this, but I certainly don't see it as my fault. If it's their attempt to just "get me to go away" by attacking me whenever I make even the most benign statements or contributions to threads, then you should be looking straight at them if you're looking to place blame. There's a difference between simply poking fun at yourself and other people's mean-spirited, assholish attacks--which I'm not going to just let pass.

I've got Japanese now, and will be back in a few hours to deal with whatever other bullshit drama people can manage to shit out. (Not directed at you, Narc. I appreciate that.)

thefarmer
09-16-2008, 04:35 PM
This is the PC. Mean-spirited assholish attacks it what it does best.

If you don't like the bullshit drama, why do you come back?

edit: Gan needs to post his Kranar sig.

Daniel
09-16-2008, 04:35 PM
This is the PC. Mean-spirited assholish attacks it what it does best.

QFT

CrystalTears
09-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Because it wants PB's dick and PB asked it to come back.

I'm sorry PB, but you know you did this!

Clove
09-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Because fucking PB lured It back.

On topic, I really enjoy vodka and rum. I also like brandies, Calvados especially. I'm not a beer fan and I don't drink stouts (but I know what Guinness is) and I'm not a big wine fan either, but when properly motivated, I can pound down sake.

I'm not a big drinker, I don't go out to bars and I rarely (if ever) drink with dinner. I average about 1 or 2 drinks a month (if that).

Daniel
09-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Because it wants PB's dick and PB asked it to come back.

I'm sorry PB, but you know you did this!

Lol. Anyone else find this hilarious in light of the Ashliana is male revelation?

It reminds me of my buddy a couple of months back. A guy I know named LaSean was in town and we all were at this party.

The next day my buddy is like "Dude, this chick is inviting me over for dinner. Sweet. Do you remember what the fuck LaSean looked like"?

Me: "Yea..like a dude."

Buddy: "..."

Me: "Rofl.."

Buddy: "...Shit"

Me: "Epic Rofl"

thefarmer
09-16-2008, 04:44 PM
The most alcohol I have now is what I cook with.

Speaking of.. brandy/carmalized onion/chicken sounds good for dinner.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 05:04 PM
i leave for a fucking client meeting and this thread turns to shit. fuck you all.

Clove
09-16-2008, 05:46 PM
i leave for a fucking client meeting and this thread turns to shit. fuck you all.
What did you expect? It started off with Cuervo ta-kill-ya.

diethx
09-16-2008, 06:03 PM
All I can say is... lolol.

Clove
09-16-2008, 07:31 PM
All I can say is... lolol.pst. diethx. Cuervo is Mexican tequila (in case you don't drink much).

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 07:32 PM
I thought it was Ethiopian Champagne, but then I'm not some RAGING ALCOHOLIC like Clove.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I thought it was Ethiopian Champagne, but then I'm not some RAGING ALCOHOLIC like Clove.

you didn't know what it was? you are clearly an awful loser with no life

you know what it is? you are clearly an awful alcoholic with no life

diethx
09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
pst. diethx. Cuervo is Mexican tequila (in case you don't drink much).

lol, I <3 you.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-16-2008, 07:43 PM
you didn't know what it was? you are clearly an awful loser with no life

you know what it is? you are clearly an awful alcoholic with no life

You don't know me, you are having raging PMS in your man ovaries! Stop telling me I'm not allowed to abort my food babies you judgmental piece of filth and recognize that you are the one who is out of line and clearly has never grown up anywhere outside of wherever it is you currently live. You are a trolling sniper and if I will not stand for it. I didn't know what it is therefore I was making a funny and you just had to come along and be a total Jerkface McGee about things. It's unfair and I'm going to send Kranar a very ticked off PM and then go make a thread about you, just so you can think about what you've done. H8h8h8, etc etc. I hope you feel awful about things and cry tonight. I seriously do.

Seriously.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 07:45 PM
hahahahaha

edit: hahahahahahaha

diethx
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
hahaha

TheEschaton
09-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Jose and I are bosom buddies. Mainly because by the time he gets to the bar, I'm already having a good night, and he turns it into an EPIC night, if he can convince more than me to party with him.

I can't do whiskies and bourbons, I worked with too many homeless people who had the smell literally pouring out of their pores, and I always feel like the same smell comes off me when I drink it.

-TheE-

diethx
09-16-2008, 07:53 PM
I can't do whiskies and bourbons, I worked with too many homeless people who had the smell literally pouring out of their pores, and I always feel like the same smell comes off me when I drink it.

-TheE-

It might if it could overpower the curry.

TheEschaton
09-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Fuck you, hater!

diethx
09-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Hehe! :heart:

Liagala
09-16-2008, 08:38 PM
ah, and here's the confusion. i never made traditional LITs. i always made AMFs (Adios Motherfuckers). Uses blue curacao instead of triple sec and sprite instead of coke. people liked the taste better. so instead of iced tea, it looked like blue slime. fun times!

That's an actual drink? My friend and I were at a club a long time ago, and the server recommended an AMF. They were bright blue, tasted awesome, and kicked my ass. I have never found anyone else who ever heard of the thing, and my friend and I eventually assumed it was something the guy made up.

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 08:51 PM
That's an actual drink? I have never found anyone else who ever heard of the thing.

nah, they're pretty popular with girls because they're blue and fun!! also, drink a few and (just like LITs), they can knock you on your ass. yup yup.

any bartender worth his/her salt (or who works in a college bar) knows what that drink is.

Clove
09-16-2008, 09:49 PM
It might if it could overpower the curry.This post is 8 kinds of win. /end.

Clove
09-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Hmmmm mixed drinks these days for me are mojitos or a vodka tonic. When I was in college I enjoyed Snakebites. Maybe I'll have one tomorrow for old time's sake.

diethx
09-16-2008, 09:59 PM
What's in a Snakebite?

NocturnalRob
09-16-2008, 10:34 PM
What's in a Snakebite?

cider and lager. can be pretty decent depending.

edit: combine this with a Jack and Coke and get a Tarantula. Tarantula = completely fucking shitbombed.

Clove
09-17-2008, 08:33 AM
cider and lager. can be pretty decent depending.

edit: combine this with a Jack and Coke and get a Tarantula. Tarantula = completely fucking shitbombed.Actually I should have been more specific (though I've had a lager snakebite and they're good as NR says, depending). I was referring to Yukon Snakebites. Yukon Jack and lime juice. Mmmmmmm.

diethx
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I freaking love cider drinks. I think the last shit I had were cider shots at a party. I dunno what kind of alcohol went into them, but they had cider and were topped off with whipped cream. A metric crapton ended up on my shirt, though. Why is it your drunk retarded friends find it hilarious to shoot half a can of whipped cream into your already-full-of-alcohol mouth?

CrystalTears
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Lush

diethx
09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
omg whore?! (lol)

Asha
09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
DIESEL FTW!

CrystalTears
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM
omg whore?! (lol)
:heart:

NocturnalRob
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM
whipped cream slut

diethx
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM
:O

NocturnalRob
09-17-2008, 02:15 PM
hahaha...you love it.

and yeah, Clove, yukon SBs are good too. generally i think YJ is too sweet, but the lime juice cuts it nicely.

The Ponzzz
09-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Haha, this thread fails. So does Tequila. Man, who spread the rumor about drinking liquor to have fun, anyways? I drink liquor to get violent and play cards with BigWorm.

diethx
09-17-2008, 02:42 PM
I drink liquor to get violent

Ugh don't tell me you're a hitter. I hate it when people get drunk and decide they're gonna slap the crap out of your arm every time you say something.

The Ponzzz
09-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Ugh don't tell me you're a hitter. I hate it when people get drunk and decide they're gonna slap the crap out of your arm every time you say something.

Hahah, no, I'm actually not. I'm a pretty calm and fun drunk, just ask anyone who has drank with me.

I'm just sick of the saying, "I don't need to drink to have fun!" Ever consider the fact that some of us are alcoholics and can't help it!?

Ulkov
09-17-2008, 03:27 PM

Just don't drink rum.... it's mine.

BigWorm
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Haha, this thread fails. So does Tequila. Man, who spread the rumor about drinking liquor to have fun, anyways? I drink liquor to get violent and play cards with BigWorm.

This is very true.

Personally, I drink liquor to assist me in embarrassing myself. I may or may not like to take my pants off and urinate in inappropriate locations.

Also, I am now going to have to get drunken on cider tonight. Thanks a lot thread.

Clove
09-17-2008, 04:27 PM
hahaha...you love it.

and yeah, Clove, yukon SBs are good too. generally i think YJ is too sweet, but the lime juice cuts it nicely.YJ sucks straight... it's the Canadian analogue of Southern Comfort... but the lime juice makes it yummy again.