PDA

View Full Version : School Networks

Anebriated
01-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Anyone else have a problem with lag coming from school networks? Its sick when i can get less lag with a dialup than with the schools T3 network. Are there any ways to bypass the firewall they set up(which is where im guessing the problem is) or tunnel out of the network?

Kadumi
01-15-2004, 03:55 PM
somebody's probably streaming from you. try not sharing stuff and see if that helps any.

Anebriated
01-15-2004, 03:57 PM
only im not on any file sharing network. Our internal file sharing network was just shut down by the university. The kid lived right above me in the dorm. Said that he had the option of stopping it or being kicked out of school... anyway that isnt the problem.

Mistomeer
01-15-2004, 09:11 PM
They're probably using Packeteer or something to limit bandwidth on games, p2p, etc. Would be my guess anyway, alot of universities are using it.

Anebriated
01-15-2004, 11:06 PM
that could be used, if i got a http tunnel would i be able to get outside of the sniffers?

Scott
01-15-2004, 11:22 PM
I can't remember if it was you or not Elrodin, but were you going to Shippensburg University?

Anebriated
01-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Yes. for now anyway.

Scott
01-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Go talk to the morons that run that network. The network is actually lightning fast, except for games played out of the network... Talk to the guys that run the network, you'll get some moron Indian guy that you can't understand explain it to you.... Last year they change the allocation of bandwidth because everyone was playing games and people who were actually studying (the 1%) were having a slower network.......

Is Shipsearch and Shipsucks still up. I think the guy that designed them finished but I was wondering if they were still up.

Anebriated
01-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Ah yes, the traditions were passed on, the guy who runs it now is in my dorm. shipsucks/shipunderground are still great sites... helped me get a hell of a good schedule. I just want to know if there is any way to get around it, its really annoying.

Scott
01-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Elrodin
Ah yes, the traditions were passed on, the guy who runs it now is in my dorm. shipsucks/shipunderground are still great sites... helped me get a hell of a good schedule. I just want to know if there is any way to get around it, its really annoying.

I never found a way, but then again I never cared enough because I didn't live on campus. Check out the forums on Shipsucks, if there is a way, the guy who started the sites would have posted it.