PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having problems with the SGE

Bewitchindryad25
01-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Like I said is anyone else having problems or is it just me. The stupid thing just freezes up soon as you click the button to connect. Was wondering if anyone else was having this problem or if its just my computer. Logging into the website I do fine . Just the SGE is giving me trouble.

crazymage
01-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Occasionally, not often.

Parkbandit
01-14-2004, 10:53 AM
I had to uninstall mine and re-install it. Works like a charm now... especially with PSINet.

Kitsun
01-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Mine has been doing that on and off. A few of my friends have mentioned it as well. If uninstall/reinstall doesn't work, try opening the SGE again while the first one is messed up. Worked for a few of us, heh.

Bewitchindryad25
01-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Well I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still not working. I'll try the opening SGE thing again see if that works out.

Siefer
01-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Mine refuses to stay in my tray near the clock. I install it, it goes near the clock, I turn the comp off, and the damn thing isn't there anymore. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, even formatted my hard drive once or twice for other reasons, yet the problem persists.

Kitsun
01-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Now that you mention it, I didn't even notice mine didn't hit the damn tray. I'm used to running it off my desktop. I'm not sure I want to try to put it there to see if it bugs out, heh.

CrystalTears
01-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Yeah mine doesn't stay in my tray either. No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall, it doesn't stay there. I haven't had a problem running it, just keeping it in the tray.

J-Tech
01-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Simutronics needs to debug before release. LOL.

-John

Halfsilver
01-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Did jamus fix the bug with stormfront and Psinet? Anyone know?

Zephyrius
01-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Don't know if this will help, but check to see if you're opening the SGE you want to open.

-_-

Okay, when I got the first SGE for Wizard, everything worked fine. Then I DLed the new SGE for Stormfront, and it was bugging out. It wouldn't save my name/password, and it would never open Stormfront, only the Wizard. So I looked around and realized that when I installed the new SGE it installed into my program files directory. The shortcut I was using was for the original SGE, which wasn't updated. When I opened the original SGE, it loaded the old one, then opened the new one.

So, I guess, if you initally installed the SGE into a different directory, check to see if you are actually using the new one or the old one. When I updated my shortcut to point to the new one, everything started working fine.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.