PDA

View Full Version : Bard wish list

Ilvane
07-15-2003, 01:09 AM
Here's a question for everyone.

What are your biggest wishes for changes for bards? I know it's probably a loaded question, but I'm curious to see what others are interested in.

I'm looking forward to seeing the spells completed at some point, myself. (after a few years of waiting..:grin:)

Are there combat changes, or other suggestions anyone has?

-A

Makkah
07-15-2003, 10:34 AM
Like you, I'm in hopes that the spell list (including 1040) can be completed during the next 6 months or so. Would love to see 1007 and 1019 combined and turned into a non-Arkati based song (or even better, a way to choose which Arkati you're honoring). Would love to see a "Charm" spell. And, finally, would love to see instruments revamped.

rht

PS: Guild skills would be great too. Mental renew would be cool... a way to renew your songs while stunned\silenced.

Soulpieced
07-24-2003, 04:45 PM
I just wish the GM's would stop f'ing with everything, get the bugs fixed, and drop the stupid 1025 idea because it will never be implemented correctly.

Ilvane
07-24-2003, 05:13 PM
My biggest thing with GS4 coming was that GS3 wasn't even complete, why move on to a new version? Bards have never really be completed, but I guess I should look at it positively, because really no one is complete. There is so much to do, I can't imagine it all being fully functional.

I wish there was a real use for instruments, besides just playing with your songs, or for fun. Bards sing, so why can't we also have instruments help hunting parties in some way?

Just a thought.

-A

Parkbandit
07-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Which spell circles are actually fully complete?

Far too many bards use the "My spell circle isn't complete" as an excuse for inferior hunting tactics.

Ilvane
07-24-2003, 05:30 PM
I said that, didn't I? :P

I can hunt better as my bard than I can my warrior, so I know..I never said they were inferior.

-A

Parkbandit
07-25-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Ilvane
I said that, didn't I? :P

I can hunt better as my bard than I can my warrior, so I know..I never said they were inferior.

-A

Not saying you did, but I can't stand it when I hear a bard crying about how weak they are because the songs are not finished. It's a weak excuse that hasn't shown any validity with me.

Soulpieced
07-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Not saying you did, but I can't stand it when I hear a bard crying about how weak they are because the songs are not finished. It's a weak excuse that hasn't shown any validity with me.

Precisely. The reason there are so few old bards is because good tactics are/were a necessity. Hell, I was almost level 50 before any spells above 1007 actually worked. I'd wager to say there are fewer old *incompetent bards than any other profession. Though there are a few of them.

*Incompetent meaning below average hunter. Lacking good sense or hunting prowess. IE: Dovezkry, Haashek, Sadrae, Edward, etc.

Ilvane
07-25-2003, 12:28 PM
I enjoy hunting with my bard. People always say they are shocked at how well we hunt..go figure.

Since I learned how to hunt anyway, I die a lot less, and I hunt a lot smarter.;)

-A

Norator
12-06-2004, 09:48 AM
heh, I make people older than me jealous of my swing, and caused a few people to switch to poles...as for dying..well, I die a ton, but thas cause I'm addicted to those stupid cows, and stuff that's like 10 trains over my head..as for what I'd like...lances to be added to 1025, and yeah, instruments being a bit revamped would be nice, but I'm jes startin out, so, maybe they are cooler when I'm older? maybe some songs between those blank spots that are useful only with instruments, or, some guild skills that use instruments ta do a few things or somethin? To be honest, I'm kinda drawin a blank off of what exactly, but maybe someone could build on that.

Makkah
12-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Is there a reason you're bumping this thread after a year and a half of it remaining dorment? I pulled it up and saw posts of mine from last year. Talk about a double-take.

rht

Makkah
12-06-2004, 01:40 PM
And on a slightly related note:

<<heh, I make people older than me jealous of my swing, and caused a few people to switch to poles...>>

riiiight.

rht

Norator
12-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Well, mainly cause recently I decided to actually check a board out, an was sifting through it *shrugs* an believe as you please *chuckles*

spunkmonk
01-16-2005, 06:01 PM
i want a harp that's really a disguised longbow, but you can still be able to play it

and also, I want a matching mandolin, that is a disguised crossbow

and you can also play it like a normal instrument

i need these for assassinations

[end of wishlist]

Soulpieced
01-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Boy that was an old post by me in the beginning of this thread.

Snapp
01-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Boy that was an old post by me in the beginning of this thread.

Yea, I was gonna ask WTF you're talking about and then I realized the date. :lol:

Flurbins
01-16-2005, 10:01 PM
I want Surge of Strength and a TD booster, the end.

Artha
01-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Bards have like a jillion AS raisers, you do not need mother flipping surge of strength.

Though you can buy my rogue who has 5 ranks and live vicariously :D.