PDA

View Full Version : Buggy alters

Elvenlady
09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Ever had a buggy or really bad alter you wish you could keep but know full well it will get fixed or pulled at some point?

Had this done yesterday...

an onyx rose intaglio ring SHOW: Cradled in a raised filigree setting and mounted on a narrow band of polished silver is an intricately carved onyx cabochon. Depicted in the carving is a stylized thorny rose in full bloom, each petal etched in perfect detail. A tiny scarlet despanel sits at the edge of one petal, shining like a droplet of fresh blood from a thorn pricked finger against the contrasting blackness of the stone. Cleverly hidden hasps, tiny and petite, create a tiny hinge to a very small compartment within the ring.

Chisma added the last part to accomodate the fact the ring was scripted to open/close and used to have a show description about there being a yellowy powder inside the ring. When I show the ring closed to someone else they see "nothing unusual "but when I show it open they see the following:

XXX shows you her intaglio ring. This chamber appears to be a dungeon of some sort. There is not much to see here save for a rather large stone door in the north wall, a pile of straw heaped near the center of the room and a few chipped stoneware dishes.

I have a dungeon in my ring!!

LadyLaphrael
09-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Less buggy and more just a really bad typo....I had a wig done a while back -- amaranth-streaked, carmine hair falling in an unruly mane just below the shoulders -- and because we were so focused on making sure the wording was done right because of the weird restrictions on wigs, it completely passed me that she had left me with "amaranth-steaked, carmine hair...."

About two days later, Martaigne points it out, saying that I've got meat in my hair...and how quickly the assist/referral requests got sent out. I think it was Vesmera who ended up fixing it up, poofing in saying something about "Who ordered the steak?" or some such.