PDA

View Full Version : Help with a gown please!

Sweets
09-10-2008, 10:53 AM
I have a long description but I would love to have a show instead. I just can't seem to do anything with shows.

The dress I like is on the right.

Here's the long I have...

An embellished plum silk chiffon empire gown with short puffed sleeves.

Should I stick with that?

Sweets
09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions. I decided on another design. I think I fudged it. From now on, I'm listening to the experts and hiring elanthia elegance.

petroglyph
09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, I'm late, but here's mine anyway:

a puff-sleeved plum chiffon gown
Rich plum chiffon drops from an empire waist in a smooth fall of fabric designed to flow past the ankle and barely skim the ground. In contrast to the fitted lines of the torso, the sleeves are wide and puffed. Bands of black and silver embroidery cinch them tightly just above the elbow, while a broader border embellished with onyx cabochons adorns the square neckline.

Nilandia
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Just a quick first draft for you to tweak how you'd like.

a high-waisted plum charmeuse gown ~ Numerous fine gathers in the rich plum charmeuse define the gown's closely fitted bodice, giving way at the high empire waist to the fluid skirts drifting down to the trailing hem. Clusters of silver arabesques alternate with polished hematite cabochons to edge the deep neckline and gather the puffed sleeves, cut to fall just above the elbows.

Gretchen

Asile
09-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Speaking of Elanthian Elegance.. Would a member please PM me with who to get in touch with about the group? I've been trying to speak with Jolena for almost a year now and never seem to be able to catch her; when I do see her, one or both of us is about to run off somewhere else.

Sweets
09-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Gorgeous suggestions. Thank you again everyone.

Stunseed
09-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Speaking of Elanthian Elegance.. Would a member please PM me with who to get in touch with about the group? I've been trying to speak with Jolena for almost a year now and never seem to be able to catch her; when I do see her, one or both of us is about to run off somewhere else.

Both Hips and Ranshai post on this board as primary officers...I believe a contact address is elanthianelegance@hotmail.com if you want to e-mail them.

Hips
09-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Both Hips and Ranshai post on this board as primary officers...I believe a contact address is elanthianelegance@hotmail.com if you want to e-mail them.

I already got it covered. :D

But yes, for people who want design consultation... please see the above e-mail and/or this link: http://veii.net/elegance/services.htm.