PDA

View Full Version : Old School Alterations

Dothstar's_Seven
09-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Do you have any hidden away in your locker out of shame?

Do you have any that should probably go in the "Really Bad Alterations" thread, but you still think are REALLY FREAKIN' AWESOME!?

Are you wearing one?

Post 'em.

a dark elven battle shroud

You see a dark elven battle shroud made of thick grey leather which has pulsing red runes dancing across it. Dark elven warriors wear shrouds such as this one when going into battle. Hanging from the back of the neck is a thin grey cotton mask that can be pulled over the head and face to obscure the wearer. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

NocturnalRob
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Do you have any hidden away in your locker out of shame?

Do you have any that should probably go in the "Really Bad Alterations" thread, but you still think are REALLY FREAKIN' AWESOME!?

Are you wearing one?

Post 'em.

a dark elven battle shroud

You see a dark elven battle shroud made of thick grey leather which has pulsing red runes dancing across it. Dark elven warriors wear shrouds such as this one when going into battle. Hanging from the back of the neck is a thin grey cotton mask that can be pulled over the head and face to obscure the wearer. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

ooo...nice! glyph instead of mark? what is this?

diethx
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
lol brielus

NocturnalRob
09-09-2008, 02:05 PM
lol brielus

seriously, Narc's boobs are a huge distraction...huge.

Huge

Dothstar's_Seven
09-09-2008, 02:05 PM
ooo...nice! glyph instead of mark? what is this?

+2 DB.

Wen I got it, like, years ago, I was told that it was Thalior's shroud.

NocturnalRob
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
pinworn?

diethx
09-09-2008, 02:07 PM
seriously, Narc's boobs are a huge distraction...huge.

Huge

No, you titty! It was a DB lol brielus, not a knocker lol brielus!

NocturnalRob
09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
No, you titty! It was a DB lol brielus, not a knocker lol brielus!

between this and your sig, i may start crying.

diethx
09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
between this and your sig, i may start crying.

Hot, take pictures of that.

Warriorbird
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I sadly no longer have my haversack with lava in it.

Dothstar's_Seven
09-09-2008, 02:13 PM
pinworn?

You carefully inspect your elven battle shroud.

Your careful inspection of a dark elven battle shroud allows you to conclude that it is miscellaneous armor that protects the wearer in general.

You determine that you could wear the shroud around your neck. The shroud appear to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of steel.

diethx
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I had a magicks bag (yes, spelled like that) which was pretty sweet, except it was halfling-specific in the description. I haven't owned it in like 7 or 8 years though.

NocturnalRob
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I had a magicks bag (yes, spelled like that) which was pretty sweet, except it was halfling-specific in the description. I haven't owned it in like 7 or 8 years though.

i want a majix bag. or majixx.

i gotta find an alterer who's REALLY drunk.

diethx
09-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Sukara did mine, heh. But she's gone :(

Lucos
09-09-2008, 03:40 PM
In a deep chest:
a hideous black shoulder scabbard enscribed with images of death and destruction (registered)
a shimmering golden rolaren falchion etched with ancient runic symbols of death and destruction that glow and pulsate with every beat of your heart (registered)
a hand-tooled black lizard skin house-breaking harness (registered)

Oh those were the days....

Drew
09-09-2008, 03:46 PM
WTH is a house-breaking harness? lawl

Martaigne
09-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Thief gear.

Hips
09-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I had a thing for violets. Why? I don't know. :(

a dark green sheer spidersilk wrap stitched along the edges with veniom-threaded arcane runes

a mottled green leather longcoat: Expertly tailored to accentuate a feminine figure, the soft supple leather of this longcoat has been dyed mottled shades of green. Tiny violets stitched in shimmering amethyst thread dot the hem and cuffs, while etched leaf-shaped buckles serve as the clasps. Embroidered in silver thread on the left breast pocket is intricate ivy knotwork forming the shape of an "M." Pinned to the collar is a tarnished silver tart pin.

a pretty green suede rolton with leaf-etched crystal hooves wearing a tiny ranger's cloak (one of those scripted ones that runs around town on its own)

a dark green suede skirt embroidered down the sides with tiny cascading violets and along the hem with twining silver ivy knotwork

a backless green spidersilk gown stitched in fine amethyst thread with cascading violets along the neckline and hem

a bouquet of sweetly scented wild violets and silver-veined oak leaves bound with veniom-threaded ribbons

a slender satin garter: Fashioned from luxurious dark green satin, this slim garter has been designed to accentuate the wearer's shapely thigh. Tiny oak leaves have been embroidered in a twining pattern across the green satin in reflective silver thread, which sparkles as it catches the light. Centered on the front of the satin band is an eight-pointed star, crafted from solid silver and designed to securely fasten the garter. (LOLZ SHAPELY THIGH)

a tiny crystal promise jewel: Etched upon the crystal clear faceted jewel are runes of love and eternity intertwined. Suspended deep inside is a tiny silver crescent moon that encircles a crystalline heart. A symbolic reminder of the love in which they were given, each is also engraved with a heartfelt sentiment. A small loop of silver velvet ribbon is fastened to a delicate silver fitting at the top and is used to secure the jewel in a variety of places.
There appears to be something written on it.
In the Common language, it reads:
"To Jenisi, the love of my life" ~~ Solkern ~~

^ I forget who I bought this from, but LOLz.

Warriorbird
09-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Sukara did my haversack with lava in it. I also think she did the Pernese fire lizards and the cloak with a live dragon on it.

petroglyph
09-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh, God, I remember the Pernese fire lizard alters.

The ones I saw predated Sukara by a couple years, though.

Warriorbird
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm engraved with a heartfelt sentiment.

Dothstar's_Seven
09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
some doubly thick pyrothag hide brigadine

Crafted from thick sheets of pyrothag hide, this brigandine armor seems a bit heavier and bulkier than most. It appears that some previous owner was in the habit of wading in pools of lava, for the leathery surface is heavily scorched. Careful inspection, though, shows that the armor's hides have been remarkably undamaged by the intense heat. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

m444w
09-09-2008, 07:32 PM
that's not an old-school alteration... stop posing.

m444w
09-09-2008, 07:34 PM
a ceremonial Faendryl robe made of black spidersilk tied loosely with a belt of pure veniom

thefarmer
09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
In a deep chest:
a hideous black shoulder scabbard enscribed with images of death and destruction (registered)
a shimmering golden rolaren falchion etched with ancient runic symbols of death and destruction that glow and pulsate with every beat of your heart (registered)
a hand-tooled black lizard skin house-breaking harness (registered)

Oh those were the days....

I always liked that scabbard (and Blades' version too) and harness.

Lucos
09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I always liked that scabbard (and Blades' version too) and harness.

The scabbard is Blade's old one. Saw him selling it awhile back and it matched the falchion I made back in 95 so well I just had to buy it. The harness I made back in the days when I was on some stupid thief-alteration kick.

Jahira
09-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Whats the stats on the falchion of death and destruction?

Lucos
09-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Couple of other ones I have lockered away...

a small silver nose loop connected by a fine silver chain to a black diamond earring

a glossy obsidian nose ring connected to a fine silver chain that leads to a small diamond earring

These two aren't too bad, but still a little busy and out of style.

some high-cut polished black leather boots buckled with carved white bone skulls

an intricately twisted pale silver-hued alum key inset with a single faceted black doomstone

thefarmer
09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
The scabbard is Blade's old one. Saw him selling it awhile back and it matched the falchion I made back in 95 so well I just had to buy it. The harness I made back in the days when I was on some stupid thief-alteration kick.

Ah.

For some reason I thought you had a similiar one too. Then again, I used to confuse you two alot (gear wise).

Lucos
09-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Whats the stats on the falchion of death and destruction?

Hmmm...history on that beauty is as follows. Back in 95 there was a merchant one north of the N Gate in WL that was actually forging items from roleran. I used to run with an empath (can't remember his name) and he had a tower shield made. I got the falchion made "as is", so from the day it was made it looked like it does now. After that I hit a merchant enchanter that took it to 5X. Then I hit another one that took it to 6X. Then at the Jugg, I hit a weighter, but since back then I was poor, I could only afford to get it taken to SWCW.

Then it got too embarrassing to use it, so it has been lockered ever since. Pulling that thing out in a crowded room is like ripping a huge fart in class. Everyone gets all quiet and starts snickering.

thefarmer
09-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Hmmm...history on that beauty is as follows. Back in 95 there was a merchant one north of the N Gate in WL that was actually forging items from roleran. I used to run with an empath (can't remember his name) and he had a tower shield made. I got the falchion made "as is", so from the day it was made it looked like it does now. After that I hit a merchant enchanter that took it to 5X. Then I hit another one that took it to 6X. Then at the Jugg, I hit a weighter, but since back then I was poor, I could only afford to get it taken to SWCW.

Then it got too embarrassing to use it, so it has been lockered ever since. Pulling that thing out in a crowded room is like ripping a huge fart in class. Everyone gets all quiet and starts snickering.

I'd buy that and the scabbard for my bard. It'd go perfect.

>tap cloak
You tap a flowing dark elven cloak trimmed with silvery death runes and clasped by the claw of a lich that you are wearing.
J>tap back
You tap a silvery spider silk backpack emblazoned with the image of a bleeding heart being pierced by a dagger on a field of white that you are wearing.
J>get waraxe
You remove a blackened razor-sharp rolaren waraxe enruned with ancient elven symbols of death from in your enameled sheath.

Shari
09-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I don't have any of my old alters. None were up there with that falchion. (Though I always use the "pulse with every beat of your heart as a JOKE when referencing alters.) I never realized that something like that really EXISTS! I want it. If you ever decide to sell it look me up. I must own it.

I did, however, wear every conceivable piece of spidersilk in my inventory back in the day. It was easily about 23 lines of text of complete and total bullshit, along with sparkling crystal faerie pins and whatnot. But...I WAS an empath, so its okay. ;) I only wish I had an archive somewhere of what I looked like.

Shari
09-09-2008, 08:01 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lucos
09-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I'd buy that and the scabbard for my bard. It'd go perfect.

Yea, a lot of people seem to enjoy it...mainly due to the obscene amount of current alteration rules it breaks. But I won't ever sell it. Sold it once years and years ago when I left for awhile...took me forever to track it back down and overpay to get it back. I would prefer to get it mounted on the wall of my home if they ever allow things like that. I consider it a family heirloom since it is the first ever alteration I ever did. I think I tried to cram too much into it though...but then again, back then getting an alteration was a big thing.

Dothstar's_Seven
09-09-2008, 08:20 PM
that's not an old-school alteration... stop posing.

Hahahaha. You're just jealous that it's all 7x and sexy now.

Rue
09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
a small silver nose loop connected by a fine silver chain to a black diamond earring

a glossy obsidian nose ring connected to a fine silver chain that leads to a small diamond earring

Sheese, I am different and in poor taste. It must be true! I actually like those, to cool. Go figure.

petroglyph
09-09-2008, 09:39 PM
My first alter, done in 1999, which I sold off back in, oh, 2001 or so:

a black doeskin cloak
Along the edge of the black doeskin cloak, blocky runes have been stitched in shining silver thread. They appear to be decorative at first glance, however a closer examination reveals that they could possibly have magical properties. This doesn't detract from the delicious aroma of freshly baked pastries emanating from within the garment.

TheLastShamurai
09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
My first alter, done in 1999, which I sold off back in, oh, 2001 or so:

a black doeskin cloak
Along the edge of the black doeskin cloak, blocky runes have been stitched in shining silver thread. They appear to be decorative at first glance, however a closer examination reveals that they could possibly have magical properties. This doesn't detract from the delicious aroma of freshly baked pastries emanating from within the garment.

nice. its magically delicious.

diethx
09-09-2008, 09:56 PM
A plump goodie pack. Show: This pack is an amazing wonder in the world of snacking. Chocolates of all types, tarts galore, sweets, biscuits and more fill this pack to its brim. The pack made of soft gossamer silk that once held a gold iridescence is now almost entirely covered in smudges and stains, looking as though it's served as a napkin almost as much as a container.

I can't remember when I had this made... but it was for the same character as the magicks bag, so probably 10 years ago.

Brielus
09-10-2008, 01:53 AM
man i want them titties.

radamanthys
09-10-2008, 02:00 AM
lol brielus

Solkern
09-10-2008, 04:13 PM
a tiny crystal promise jewel: Etched upon the crystal clear faceted jewel are runes of love and eternity intertwined. Suspended deep inside is a tiny silver crescent moon that encircles a crystalline heart. A symbolic reminder of the love in which they were given, each is also engraved with a heartfelt sentiment. A small loop of silver velvet ribbon is fastened to a delicate silver fitting at the top and is used to secure the jewel in a variety of places.
There appears to be something written on it.
In the Common language, it reads:
"To Jenisi, the love of my life" ~~ Solkern ~~

^ I forget who I bought this from, but LOLz.

I remember making that :)

Myx
09-10-2008, 06:52 PM
>tap belt
You tap a wide black lizard skin belt reinforced with rune-etched urglaes plates and buckled with an urglaes-set yellowed slit-pupil eyed soulstone that you are wearing.

I've got this one. It's not covered with runes of death or destruction, or pulsing with my heart beat (that would be kind of sweet!). But it's definitely a bit long.

Lucos
09-10-2008, 10:55 PM
> It's not covered with runes of death or destruction, or pulsing with my heart beat (that would be kind of sweet!).

It's got to have runes of death and destruction and it must pulse with every beat of your heart (generic you).

I mean really...why have one when you can have all three!