PDA

View Full Version : Unmade designs (feel free to post your own!)

Hips
09-09-2008, 11:35 AM
When I design for one of my clients, I usually design about 7-8 different things for each piece and have them pick which they like best. From there, it's relatively easy to tailor the outfit to their tastes.

That being said, here's a bunch of unused stuff:

a tiny leather neckpouch suspended on a serpentine eahnor chain, a drawstring linen neckpouch embroidered with overlapping leaves, a sienna-washed amber chainsil neckpouch with dense pleats along the opening

a silk-lined ebon leather cloak with stylized leaves stitched along the hem, a verdant suede longcoat shot through with paler jade threads, a layered cloak of subtly contrasting pale green and emerald bourde, a shoulder-pinned sienna linen cloak with amber tints bleeding from the folds

a leather belt of overlapping leaves in a myriad of autumnal hues, a narrow brown leather belt tooled with overlapping leaves, an ebon leather belt adorned with stylized eahnor leaf tracery, a tanned leather belt fastened with an oval faewood buckle

a carved faewood scabbard overlaid with velvety doeskin, an ebon leather scabbard adorned with eahnor filigree resembling tiny faewood leaves, an eahnor-banded suede sheath dyed a rich dark amber, a leather-lined verdant linen sheath reinforced with eahnor bands

some tanned doeskin breeches bound knee to ankle with strips of verdant suede, some ebon leather trousers fastened on either hip with a faewood toggle, some tanned leather pants with leaves worked along the rolled-up cuffs, a pair of loose brown linen breeches laced with knotted suede cords

some verdant suede boots fettered with three buckled straps, a pair of brushed amber suede boots with intricate leaf piercework, a pair of knee-high ebon leather boots with eahnor-capped toes, some tall doeskin boots fastened with a trio of faewood buttons, some tall doeskin Elven tracking boots with reinforced soles, some knee-high doeskin Elven tracking boots bound with strips of leather, some tall doeskin Elven tracking boots fettered with leather straps, some Elven tracking boots secured with a procession of interlocking faewood toggles (he liked the Elven tracking bit on the boots he already had.)

Martaigne
09-09-2008, 11:41 AM
You know, just the other day I was considering making a thread like this to post unused ideas as well as used for people to look at for ideas for alterations. Kudos.

Hips
09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
You know, just the other day I was considering making a thread like this to post unused ideas as well as used for people to look at for ideas for alterations. Kudos.

Feel free to piggyback it. :D

LadyLaphrael
09-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Martaigne piggybacking Michiko. I feel the need to leave the room and peek through the keyhole for this one.

Hips
09-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Some more designs from my plat char that I don't care if they get made in prime:

a pair of small oval-shaped spectacles with thin silver frames

a tiered choker of linked silver chains each suspending an amethyst cabochon
some ivory muslin robes with swirling amethyst beadwork rising from the trailing hem
a pair of ivory suede slippers with sharply pointed toes

some charcoal-swept ash grey muslin robes belted with silver-linked moss agate orbs

some malachite green linen robes belted with a chain of carved ivory gardenias

a tiered silver choker suspending alternating blue sapphires and white opals
a pair of blue-grey suede slippers banded across the pointed toes with narrow white ribbons

an off-shoulder ultramarine satin gown trailing jagged swathes of silver velvet

a sideless pale,green marbrinus,overgown: Resembling nothing so much as the veined marble for which the fabric is named, the pale green of the overgown is contrasted by swirling undercurrents of darker verdant hues. A muted series of winding silver filigree picks out a scattered pattern of feathers stitched along the edges and hem, complementing the deeper colors of the garment. Set in the curls and curves of the delicate filigree are tiny malachite orbs, the dark and light green banding of the gems perfectly mimicking the hues of the marbrinus.
a choker of malachite cabochons linked with tiny silver tiles
a low-slung belt of silver chains suspending tiny malachite orbs
a slender silver marbrinus cotehardie with swirls of pewter darkening the trailing skirts

a narrow vibrant blue suede hat adorned with a rakish ivory feather
a silver-linked choker of round-cut sapphires and flat ivory discs
a sapphire-buttoned pristine ivory silk blouse with spills of lace at the cuffs
a split-skirt of ebon suede panels fastened down the side with sapphire buttons

Xiandrena
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
These are really good, thanks for posting.

I'm absolutely horrible at this stuff :(

Martaigne
09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Feel free to piggyback it. :D

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say those words.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
DOOO DEEE DOOOO!

a tehiri deathmask
The mask appears to be little more than the carved front of a single, abnormally large human skull. Various smudges of what are likely dried blood grace the pale yellow hue of the aging bone. When turned over, a set of four small, viciously barbed glaes spikes protrude from the forehead and upper lip of the mask. The purpose of these spikes seem obvious, as there are no other apparent means of holding the mask to your face.

an ornate backhanded warsword
Crafted in an unusual style, the warsword shows several signs of its age. A simple iron hilt has been wrapped in thick aivren hide, and is formed to fit a backhanded grip. The sweeping steel blade carries a dull silver hue, and has several subtle veins of what was likely once a pristine damascened pattern. The edges of the blade itself, while noticeably well used, still maintain a wicked edge. A weathered iron pommel finishes off the piece, and hosts several small bleached bone beads which have been suspended from the end with thin leather cords.

The alters I was going to do (after I got one of the fashion gurus to 'fix' them) on a feature concealer and the fish spine I had PP enchanted. Heck, was going to custom script a bunch of backhanded stuff on the warsword too... Oh how I wish fun things in Gemstone didn't cost an arm, a leg, a soul, and a death pact with Backlash...

Martaigne
09-11-2008, 12:19 PM
A pair of sienna buckskin boots:
Dusky sienna buck hide, cured to a high degree of pliancy, has been molded into the snug-fitting upper of this pair of trail worthy boots. The laces are comprised of sinew, binding the quarters through bronze eyelets. Rugged soles have been crafted from durable cuirbouilli, and the toes have been finished with bronze caps. Evidence of heavy use is manifested in the form of light scuffs and abrasions across the hide, adding character without detracting from the rustic elegance of the footwear.

A wool-lined patchwork hide mantilla:
Pliable hides of mildly varying hues have been sewn together into a motley pattern and lined with combed wool, creating a mid-length cape that is comfortable and resistant to the elements. Clasped over the right shoulder, the mantilla cascades protectively over the left shoulder and arm, leaving the right side exposed. The luxurious dappled pelt of a wolf is draped about the neck as a ruff, and stitched in such a manner as to double as a hood.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-11-2008, 02:37 PM
You have clients?!