PDA

View Full Version : DRAGGING UNDERGOES CHANGES

theotherjohn
01-13-2004, 01:03 PM
As many of you have noticed, dragging a body has been essentially a "free" operation since the release of GemStone IV. This has finally been corrected. Groups will be very advantageous in dragging heavy bodies now, but in most cases, one-on-one dragging should still be possible, unless you're a halfling attempting to drag a giant.

To drag as a group, simply make sure that each member of the group who wishes to help is automatically attempting to drag the target player (via DRAG {name}). When the leader of the group attempts to drag, the work will be divided among the group.

Additionally, the system has been updated to account for terrain and climate. Dragging someone across an icy floor is much easier than dragging them through wet sand, for example.

Parkbandit
01-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Sweet upgrade in my opinion. Then again, my favorite character is a strong dwarf...

Sucks to be a halfling.

Scott
01-13-2004, 02:09 PM
How is it easier to drag someone on ice? They may slide easier, but dragging them would be a bitch.

Jolena
01-13-2004, 02:14 PM
I know that in a lot of places in IceMule and on the Glacier, you can't drag someone because you slip and fall due to the ice. I would wonder how they plan to upgrade that as the way it is right now makes perfect sense. In my opinion, you shouldn't be able to drag someone on the ice without falling yourself. Maybe when you try to drag them and fall, sliding down the mountain in Icemule, their body slides down too? Just a thought and the only one I could come up with to improve dragging on ice.

Scott
01-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
I know that in a lot of places in IceMule and on the Glacier, you can't drag someone because you slip and fall due to the ice. I would wonder how they plan to upgrade that as the way it is right now makes perfect sense. In my opinion, you shouldn't be able to drag someone on the ice without falling yourself. Maybe when you try to drag them and fall, sliding down the mountain in Icemule, their body slides down too? Just a thought and the only one I could come up with to improve dragging on ice.

Or maybe like the Frost Giants (I think) You jump on the person and use them like a sled.

DeV
01-13-2004, 02:27 PM
You jump on the person and use them like a sled.

LOL thats just sick and wrong.. but funny as hell.

Fallen
01-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Perhaps pushing someone over ice would be more advantageous than attempting to drag....and hell, if there is a slight grade to the terrian and no one is watching, I see nothing wrong with jumping on said corpse and riding his carcass like a toboggan.

Fallen
01-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Heh, You could even use his arms to steer....That is all.

Jolena
01-13-2004, 02:50 PM
LMAO damn you Fallen, you made me choke on my Dr. Pepper! And I swear if they ever did let us slide on a body to get them down the mountain, I would SO do that to Stun just to have it to post here haha. Hope he doesn't read this thread lol *ducks*

DeV
01-13-2004, 03:02 PM
should you stand on his back or his front.. and what about a giantman using a halfling as a sled.. lol

Mint
01-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Maybe the halflings you could use like a boogie board.

Jolena
01-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Well I would stand on his chest probably..so I didn't mess up his face by having him on his tummy.. and since he's on his back I would not want to stand on his legs cause well..ya know, don't want to damage the goods heehee.

As for a halfling and a giant..well it would definately be a slolem (sp?) experience since the giant would only fit one foot on that little furry footed hobbit

Kitsun
01-13-2004, 03:53 PM
Giants could find two dead halflings and use em as skiis.

Miss X
01-13-2004, 05:36 PM
That sucks! I loved being able to drag anyone. Now Chica is back to being a sad weak halfling. ::cries::
Vx

[Edited on 13-1-04 by Miss X]

theotherjohn
01-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
I see nothing wrong with jumping on said corpse and riding his carcass

Should I start a poll to see if this makes a good signature quote?

Fallen
01-13-2004, 08:43 PM
I take it by editing the the quote and taking it out of context, you mean to use it as some sort of sexual innuendo?

Bobmuhthol
01-13-2004, 08:45 PM
1. He didn't edit anything.
2. You put 'the' twice.
3. You're a smart motherfucker, that's right.
4. Your signature describes you completely.

DaMaGe
01-13-2004, 08:55 PM
I want to be Bob when I grow up.

And yes, the changes to dragging kick ass.

-Adam

Bobmuhthol
01-13-2004, 08:56 PM
<<I want to be Bob when I grow up.>>

I want to be me when I grow up too.

Apparently being 13 has its comical advantages.

DaMaGe
01-13-2004, 09:01 PM
No way fucker. Only one of us can be you, and it's going to be me.

Maybe you can be StrayRogue or Xcalibur. I don't think either one of them likes who they are. I wouldn't if I were them.

And I don't drag enough people to for it to really make a difference to me. Anything that makes the game more realistic is alright by me, though.

-Adam

theotherjohn
01-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
I take it by editing the the quote and taking it out of context, you mean to use it as some sort of sexual innuendo?

I take that as a no vote.

[Edited on 1-14-2004 by theotherjohn]