PDA

View Full Version : Cleric help?

Hips
09-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I've never played a cleric before and now I'm thinking about making one. Chances are I won't play it past level 25 or so, but it would be nice to have for raising, etc.

I'd like to be OHB (or edged) instead of a caster, if that's possible. Otherwise I have no real preference since the char will be mostly to RP. Any advice is appreciated... such as exact training plans and stat placement. =X

Sean
09-04-2008, 06:02 PM
race?

thefarmer
09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Play a giantman cleric.

Nickname him "Lips"

TheLastShamurai
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I've never played a cleric before and now I'm thinking about making one. Chances are I won't play it past level 25 or so, but it would be nice to have for raising, etc.

I'd like to be OHB (or edged) instead of a caster, if that's possible. Otherwise I have no real preference since the char will be mostly to RP. Any advice is appreciated... such as exact training plans and stat placement. =X

my advice, since you say its mostly for roleplay, is to come up with a nice ritual/ceremony for when you ressurect someone. find an altar from the recent weatherby shop, wave your hands, say an actual prayer (not just PRAY), just do SOMETHING!

clerics have a high potential for roleplay, and as such has an even higher rate of disaster. i have never liked it that people just prep/cast ressurect without even so much as mentioning their gods name, and assume because they casted it their god approves. (which mechanically they do, but RP wise i think it is silly.)

also, avoid saying rezz & LK or "would you like life?" likes its the FUCKING PLAGUE!!!

do not ressurect someone simply because you're a cleric, put limitations on your gods mercy, find out how/why they died, who they worship, etc.

avoid Toy at all costs or end up on her list and have everyone and their mother know that you're a cleric and ask you for something. which you may like this, i didn't. (by the way, she won't even remove your name if you ask.)

thefarmer
09-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Toy?

I've never seen anyone complain about Toy before.

TheLastShamurai
09-04-2008, 07:52 PM
i don't know her personally, just didn't like being put on her list.

and when i asked her to remove me for RP reasons, she refused.

Hips
09-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Sorry, race would be human. And for the sake of smite/bane it would be a Liabo-aligned cleric.

Hips
09-04-2008, 09:25 PM
blahblahblah

Thanks? That had nothing to do with what I asked.

TheLastShamurai
09-04-2008, 09:51 PM
youre welcome. i just wanted to put it out there.

and since you hadn't yet specified race, i didn't want to get to into the stats and skills.

for humans, you can start everything off at 70 minus influence. will leave you off pretty good if you're wanting to train in weapons. maybe increase your aura/wisdom if you're not.

unless its a roleplay thing though, i would just use a runestaff so you have more points for lores so when you get to holy receptacle you can use the higher tiers.

if you arent going past 25 and are using a runestaff the important thing would be to get your lores upto intercession, 1x in cleric spells, get 107 & 202 and atleast 1x in spell aiming for holy bolt, and about as much harness power as possible.

anything left would go to physical fitness and about 6 ranks of armor for doubles.

weapons are always fun, but would possibly strap you from having all the goodies of holy receptacle.

TheLastShamurai
09-04-2008, 09:55 PM
whats also neat is that the same amount of religion lore required for intercession is the amount needed to get the acid degeneration effect from holy bolt.