PDA

View Full Version : We were robbed!

Myshel
01-13-2004, 08:19 AM
4:00 am Sunday morning we get a nightstick to the door. Sheriffs department telling us our restaurant had been broken in too. Me in my penquin christmas long johns open the door to a surprised deputy, because I said good. I was just happy it wasn't one my kids in a accident. The jerk broke down our front door and left a trail of blood to the register and then ransacked our office. The cops got great DNA samples and fingerprints. We don't leave money in the rest. but that night we had sold a few pieces of artwork, (we let local artists display their work on our walls and they are all for sale) so he got their money of about 100 bucks. I'm thankful that they didn't vandalize the place, as we just finished renovations, they didn't steal all the meat from the meat locker as we just had a delivery and no one was there to get hurt. And he missed our lucky (heh) $20 bill on the wall.

crazymage
01-13-2004, 08:44 AM
That sucks hun!

Kitsun
01-13-2004, 09:57 AM
What a nutsack. He broke in and managed to cut himself while doing so. And he left fingerprints all over! You might not be able to press charges based on mental retardation on his part.

Moist Happenings
01-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Two words. Vigilante justice. Pay it back to him tenfold when the cops find out who he is. Burn his house down. That way he'll think twice before robbing somebody else.

[Edited on 1-13-2004 by Neff]

Wezas
01-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Sounds like a job for Grissom.

:::who are you? who who, who who:::

HarmNone
01-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Ack! I am so sorry, Myshel. Thankfully, you did not lose a lot of cash and he did not trash the place. The best thing is, you and your family are okay.

HarmNone

Moist Happenings
01-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Harmnone, I know that one of these days you're gonna be like "yeah, kill the bastard like Neff said!", and on that day you'd better believe that i'm gonna be there to make you change your name to HarmSome.

peam
01-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Yikes. That sucks. Being stolen from blows. I had 100+ CDs stolen from my car a few years back, and I never have gotten back into the groove of buying music.

Ylena
01-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Ditto on the car CD theft, which utterly sucks. Some asswipe broke my passenger window at 2 in the morning. My only consolation is that the folder had lots of classical and show tunes in it, so the jerk probably couldn't stand listening to most of it. I still haven't replaced a lot of it, but Limewire's been a boon.

Myshel, it's a crappy violated feeling -- but it will pass, honest. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Wezas
01-13-2004, 12:06 PM
A few cars ago I had a discman on one of those pedestal things that goes on the passenger side. Guy broke my window and ripped part of the pedestal out (and of course took the discman). I'm not sure why, as the discman was only velcroed(sp) onto it.

Biggest piss off was when someone stole my NIN collection. I had all of their CD's (prior to The Fragile) in a small CD case (rare imports, etc.). Guy broke into my car, took the CD's, tried to take out the head unit (I could see marks, I assume from a screwdriver). So then I had 10-15 empty cases of all the NIN Halos. Suxor.

01-13-2004, 12:20 PM
good job on the avatar Wezas

HarmNone
01-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Neff
Harmnone, I know that one of these days you're gonna be like "yeah, kill the bastard like Neff said!", and on that day you'd better believe that i'm gonna be there to make you change your name to HarmSome.

Heh. Nah, Neff. You will never hear me say such a thing. Death is the easy way out. Make the bastard live!

Besides, I would much rather destroy with words. ;)

HarmNone

Wezas
01-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1

thx, so far I've heard one complaint about how long it takes to load and one praise (you).

Kranar ok'd it, so I'll keep it around until most of you complain.

Originally it was one I made for a screensaver for my phone, however I needed to resize it smaller to fit on these boards.

[Edited on 1-13-2004 by Wezas]

The Cat In The Hat
01-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1

Agreed. I definatley wouldnt throw her outta my bed ::winks::

Cat

Vixen
01-13-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm glad that no one was hurt, and that you came out of it with minimal loss. Hopefully the fucknut will be easy to track down what with his amazing powers of covering up his tracks...

That said, my first semester of college someone broke into my car, took my stereo out, and all my damn books.
They eventually caught him but by then he had sold all the books. He was the first (and last thus far) guy I ever gave a black eye.

That is not to say I am sweet and have never punched one before....just no black eyes...

[Edited on 1-13-2004 by Vixen]

Souzy
01-13-2004, 01:52 PM
That sucks big time. But of course you have insurance right? :)

J-Tech
01-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Neff
Two words. Vigilante justice. Pay it back to him tenfold when the cops find out who he is. Burn his house down. That way he'll think twice before robbing somebody else.

[Edited on 1-13-2004 by Neff]

I'm going to have to go with Neff on this one, and take a blow torch to the dip shits car too..

-John

Skirmisher
01-13-2004, 05:46 PM
This is one of those cases where my words would be similar to your own.

Thank goodness no one was hurt and nothing irreplacable was lost. As depressing as it may be, these things are just one of those less pleasant aspects of modern life that happen to most at some time or another. Hopefully this is the one time for you. Hey as you said they sure got plenty of DNA evidence if they can get a decent tip later on to follow up on.

Sure it sucks when it happens but kudos for remembering whats important.

Oh, and yah, Willow rocks.

J-Tech
01-13-2004, 05:57 PM
You should have security cameras that at least record every possible entrance to your shop oevernight, i know it sucks when this shit happens, my aunt and uncle own a restaurant out here in jamaica, and i know how bad it would suck if they got robbed ( i live with them ) so i'm sorry this had to happen to you, but if you dont have security cameras i say get 'em...

-John

Myshel
01-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks you all! Our insurance has a deductable so the new door and new register (he stole the whole thing!) falls under it. They called us today they know who it is, but since he is a lowlife they told us it might be awhile before they catch him as they are looking for him for other things. We are installing a security system this week, the new door is up and we put back in use the old register until I can get out and buy one. They is a silver lining, lots of free publicity, I called all the local papers and they are running stories!

HarmNone
01-14-2004, 04:04 AM
Heh. Nothing like the ability to see the bright side of even the most deplorable situation. Kudos to you, Myshel!

HarmNone

Weedmage Princess
01-14-2004, 05:32 AM
Glad they know who he is, and luckily, the damage done wasn't too great :)

peam
01-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Myshel, a tip for the future, in case something like this ever happens again. I'm assuming at night that all the money is transferred to a safe/lockbox and the cash register's drawer is left empty, if not disregard.

But if that is the situation, be sure to leave the drawer on the cash register popped open. It usually results in a lot less broken and stolen cash registers, as they can already see that there isn't any money inside.

Soulpieced
01-14-2004, 09:40 AM
lots of free publicity, I called all the local papers and they are running stories!

Genius.

Myshel
01-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks Peam great idea. Thanks Soupie, the first story ran today and we had a few new customers tonight saying they saw the story. I guess everyone loves to see a crime scene.