PDA

View Full Version : twc/ranged/brawling/survival greaves

waywardgs
08-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Some gleaming imflass arm greaves
3 lbs

"The magical harmonics reveal that arms are better protected when wearing the imflass arm greaves."
"The greaves resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:"
"It provides a bonus of 4 to Two Weapon Combat Ranks."
"This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 20 times."
"It provides a bonus of 5 to Survival Ranks."
"This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 21 times."
"It provides a bonus of 4 to Ranged Weapons Ranks."
"This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 20 times."
"It provides a bonus of 2 to Brawling Ranks."
"This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 6 times."
"The greaves looks to have a lot of charges remaining."
"You sense that the imflass arm greaves will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended."

MB 700k
CB 700k to Brielus three times and... Sold (bangs gavel)

NocturnalRob
08-28-2008, 04:31 PM
good lord...how many points to recharge that? 15 ranks? daaaamn.

really good though for the person who trains in thw, survival, and brawling...

Izzy
08-28-2008, 04:55 PM
good lord...how many points to recharge that? 15 ranks? daaaamn.

really good though for the person who trains in thw, survival, and brawling...

thw != twc :)

NocturnalRob
08-28-2008, 04:56 PM
thw != twc :)

son of a...this is what happens when you PC while on a conference call.

well-played, sir...well-played...

BriarFox
08-28-2008, 05:11 PM
These are archer-brawler greaves for a ranger in Voln. Too bad it's not bonuses, those. Aren't these the ones that sold about 2 months back, right after the treasure system came out, or are they a similar set?

Izzy
08-28-2008, 05:24 PM
These are archer-brawler greaves for a ranger in Voln. Too bad it's not bonuses, those.

:yeahthat: I'd be all over them, otherwise.

Brielus
08-28-2008, 09:02 PM

Stretch
08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm confused - why is bonus > ranks for skills?

More expensive to recharge if ranks?

Summertime
08-29-2008, 03:20 AM
I'm confused - why is bonus > ranks for skills?

More expensive to recharge if ranks?

its a question of effect... 2 ranks = a single bonus point increase, so 15 ranks will give you 7 increase in bonus for the skill. However, 15 to BONUS would be the same as saying it gave you 30 ranks.... quite a bit heavier effect.

To be honest, if that were the case... this wouldn't be up for sale.

Danical
08-29-2008, 03:26 AM
I don't think it works that way for skills, only stats.

thefarmer
08-29-2008, 03:33 AM
There's an endpoint where ranks don't do much for bonus for skills.

An extra 2 ranks in weapons at cap is less effective than 2 ranks at level 5.

Swami71
08-29-2008, 03:34 AM
at cap when you've maxed out a skill....rank = 1 bonus and bonus = 1 bonus....so it gives you the same...and yes bonus is cheaper to recharge than ranks

Ranks are good for things like MoC or dodge for a pure...at less than 20 ranks 1 rank = 5 bonus i think and 2 bonus up to 40? something like that.

so 20 ranks = 100 bonus....40 ranks = 140 bonus....and 41 ranks = 141 bonus

Izzy
08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
at cap when you've maxed out a skill....rank = 1 bonus and bonus = 1 bonus....so it gives you the same...and yes bonus is cheaper to recharge than ranks

Ranks are good for things like MoC or dodge for a pure...at less than 20 ranks 1 rank = 5 bonus i think and 2 bonus up to 40? something like that.

so 20 ranks = 100 bonus....40 ranks = 140 bonus....and 41 ranks = 141 bonus

Swami basically covered it, but it happens way before cap ;)
(level 19 if you're 2x in the particular skill, 39 if you're 1x)

Belnia
08-29-2008, 09:18 AM
And ranks cost much more to recharge than bonus. So, bonus is more desirable on items aimed at the level 40+ market in general.

Celephais
08-29-2008, 09:29 AM
its a question of effect... 2 ranks = a single bonus point increase, so 15 ranks will give you 7 increase in bonus for the skill. However, 15 to BONUS would be the same as saying it gave you 30 ranks.... quite a bit heavier effect.

To be honest, if that were the case... this wouldn't be up for sale.
You need to learn to use context clues... this has nothing to do with stats, so all of your information is dead wrong.

And ranks cost much more to recharge than bonus. So, bonus is more desirable on items aimed at the level 40+ market in general.
This is the reason... because of recharge costs. It depends on the skill though, if you're interested in ranged ranks, you're going to be training it to 40+... Survival might be a skill someone doesn't have any ranks in and it's nice that it's ranks not bonus. Another good example is MoC, for a pure getting MoC ranks is very nice.

Martaigne
08-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Can you selectively charge a particular enhancement? Or is it an all/none situation?

waywardgs
08-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Updated with bid.

Summertime
08-29-2008, 12:35 PM
You need to learn to use context clues... this has nothing to do with stats, so all of your information is dead wrong.

This is the reason... because of recharge costs. It depends on the skill though, if you're interested in ranged ranks, you're going to be training it to 40+... Survival might be a skill someone doesn't have any ranks in and it's nice that it's ranks not bonus. Another good example is MoC, for a pure getting MoC ranks is very nice.

Was having a significant codine moment after a bad coughing jag... brain mixed up stats with skills.. my bad

Celephais
08-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Can you selectively charge a particular enhancement? Or is it an all/none situation?
There is no way to do this, it's all or nothing at the BP charger. There is also only one "number of charges" value in an item.

Was having a significant codine moment after a bad coughing jag... brain mixed up stats with skills.. my bad
Not a problem, the PC viciously corrected you, so no harm was done to some innocent informee... you should edit your post though.

waywardgs
09-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Bumping this, bit on the late side as I was away for a few days. Will be sold shortly if no further interest.

waywardgs
09-04-2008, 11:05 PM
+

waywardgs
09-05-2008, 06:47 PM
sold