PDA

View Full Version : Stood up while stunned?

DaCapn
08-27-2008, 03:37 PM
So, I was busy getting my ass handed to me in a warcamp, and there was this anomaly:

!PS>stunma stand
You are in far too much agony to do that.
!PS>
The flames surrounding you flare up violently...
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to abdomen. Feels painful.

The flames around you continue to burn!
!PS>stnace def
Please rephrase that command.
!PS>stnace def
Please rephrase that command.
!PS>stance def
You are still stunned.
!PS>stand
You moan to yourself as you move into a standing position.
!S>
The flames surrounding you flare up violently...
... 1 point of damage!
Minor burns to right hand. Ouch.

The flames surrounding you quickly die down.
!S>stance def
You are still stunned.

The inability to stand was due to a head wound but the standing afterwards... Anyone ever seen anything like that before?

Edit: Removed some return characters that popped up after post submission.

Audriana
08-27-2008, 03:39 PM
The inability to stunman stand was due to the immolation ('too much agony')

There are stunman settings to be automatically used while stunned and a command is give (typing 'stand' rather than 'stunman stand' etc). That was turned on.

The 2nd stand was right before the immolation died out.

Sylvan Dreams
08-27-2008, 03:39 PM
It looks like the immolation caused the problem, not the head injury. Immolation prevents all sorts of things, including sigil of escape and GM healme.

DaCapn
08-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Okay, so once the immolation dies down enough, presumably you can use the stunman? Or does it require the immolation to be fully gone and I just lucked out and caught some fractional duration or something? (Or maybe something similar to that RT bug where sometimes two commands in rapid succession at the end of a RT will result in a success followed by a "...wait").

Audriana
08-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Doesn't need to be fully gone, just under a certain amount (usually when you're being hit for 1 damage a pop and thus out of most of your anxiety).

Tea & Strumpets
08-27-2008, 04:03 PM
The inability to stand was due to a head wound but the standing afterwards... Anyone ever seen anything like that before?

Your stun could have worn off between STANCE DEFENSIVE and STAND. The immolate flared again after you stood before you entered another command, and even though the immolation flare only did 1 point of damage, I think it still might stun you.

Some Rogue
08-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Immolate is fucking buggy. End of story.

I've been able to stand with it going before but nothing else. Couldn't symbol of return out, couldn't crawl away, couldn't do anything but stand.

SolitareConfinement
08-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Immolate is fucking buggy. End of story.

I've been able to stand with it going before but nothing else. Couldn't symbol of return out, couldn't crawl away, couldn't do anything but stand.

should be able to "roll" too. allows you to put out the flames. so long as you're not stunned but still under the effects of immolate

graysun
08-27-2008, 06:05 PM
When my ranger gets tagged by immolation from fire mages, all he can do is stand and walk. No getting, stowing, searching, etc.

Methais
08-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Immolate > All

Gelston
08-27-2008, 10:37 PM
^^^^^^^

ZeP
08-27-2008, 10:44 PM
People say to stop, drop and roll when you get hit.. when I tried that I just got put in RT and didn't kill the flames. Best thing to do is run to the safest room you can, wait it out, and eat herbs. Be interesting to try to use 903 wands/imbeddables but you might be in "too much agony"...

SolitareConfinement
08-27-2008, 11:12 PM
rolling allows you to put the flames out sooner. it might not happen the first couple of rolls however it will put the flames out sooner than if you just wait it out. which may cause more injuries to yourself, and possibly ending your hunt in one shot

ZeP
08-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Well I guess to be more specific, rolling around on the Basalt Flats in front of 6 creatures, accumulating RT each time, was really not working well. Running to the "safe" room in the area and waiting it out was a much better strategy. I guess in a higher level area the flare ups might be worse, but at least in the Flats I'd say just run. Oh, I guess you could run THEN roll. But definitely just GTFO out of there.

Izzy
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
I guess you could run THEN roll. But definitely just GTFO out of there.

^^

aliased gotos ftw.

Immo'd
type "gate"
fall
roll x ?
safe!