PDA

View Full Version : My training.

Synns
06-02-2005, 03:10 PM
OK, so... Wanting to redo my Sorc. I have been wanting to make him pretty much a student of Necromancy. His skills are as thus:

Arcane Symbols.....................| 158 58
Magic Item Use.....................| 158 58
Spell Aiming.......................| 117 29
Harness Power......................| 158 58
Elemental Mana Control.............| 117 29
Spirit Mana Control................| 117 29
Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy........| 120 30
Survival...........................| 5 1
Perception.........................| 70 15
Climbing...........................| 50 10
Swimming...........................| 20 4

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 6

Spell Lists
Sorcerer...........................| 29

I figure I would take MIU down to half that. I wanted all the AS for scroll infusion, seeming as I have become fairly wealthy lately from all my rogue friends being able to charge their lores for them. Also, another thought... should I only .5x elem mana ctrl? I read somewhere for a sorcerer that it doesnt really make a difference. So, heres what I am thinking for the actual training part.

2x AS
1x MIU
1x SA
2x Harness
.5x EMC
1x SMC
1.5x Lore - Necro til 50 ranks. Then switch to demon.
2 - 3x Spells, depending on my points.

That way I will get about 9 or 10 ranks a train and my staff will remain effective. Right now at 28 I can hunt Pookas (33) alone and wish to remain doing so. Also, I will prolly dump a lot of the training points into spells. Right now I am at 425 elem, 106 spirit and next train I will have 430. Should I remain focusing on elem or switch over to spirit? Any suggestions or alterations would be apprecaited.

Thanks!
Lord Synns

Trinitis
06-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Just to note : The idea behind mana controls only being for share is foolish. Mana controls also raise your mana returned per pulse both off and on node. Some people may not care, but for Adredrin, that has become a large bonus for him. It allows for longer hunting sprees without needs to stop due to mana, and faster spellups, since I get very large mana pulses on nodes.

Just my opinion on that matter.

Edited to add :

On the subject of spells, I'm still of the opinion that spirit is better then elemental in the long run. While elemental adds both CS and DS, spirit heavy training allows for some really nice boots to DS (both 102 and 120 grow at a fairly high rate, and both are uncapped.)

[Edited on 6-2-2005 by Adredrin]

Synns
06-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Hmmm, so would you suggest I drop my MIU to the 1x instead of the 2 that its at right now and keep on singling in the controls, then dump all the extra points I get offa MIU into spirit spells? I too am kinda pleased with getting about 40 mana a pulse on node, and would hate to give that up.

Trinitis
06-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Adredrin's current training plan looks something like this :

8 armor
24 PF
1x AS
1x MIU
2x Spell Aim
2x HP
1x Elemental control
1x Spirit control
1x lore
2x spells (3x when possible) (Current spell breakdown is 70 sorc, 50 elemental, 40ish spirit)
1x perception

This is off the top of my head, since I am unable to log in right now to check. Once I hit cap, I plan on shifting his training away from runestaff and to brawl/shield. But for now, I'm keeping him the way he is.

Synns
06-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Do you 1x in the sorcerer circle?

Trinitis
06-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Synns
Do you 1x in the sorcerer circle?

Yes. 1x for life, if not more later on.

Synns
06-02-2005, 04:34 PM
ok then... 2 more fast questions and I will let ya alone.. I figger I will go this route:

1x AS
1x MIU
2x HP
1.5x SA
1x in both controls
2x spells, 3x when possible
1x lore

so 9 - 10 magic ranks a train, I can deal with that.

OK, now as far as my lat 2 questions.

1. Should I dump all my points into spirit spells only that I am about to get back from MIU and AS? I am at 425 elem and only 106 spirit.

2. Going down to 1x AS wont degrade me too bad in infuse will it? I basically only infuse for rogues and thats for their enhances. If it does, I can live, if not, then good deal.

Thank you ever so much, Adredrin. You've extremely helpful.

Letum
06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Heh. Controls are a factor in crystal creation for 730. I would definitely agree with Adredrin.

Janarth
06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Why the heck would you 2x HP? 1x it. I think its 0/4 for the first rank to get 3 mana per level, then 0/8 for the second rank to get a measly one mana. Waste of tps in my book. I think 8 tps could be better spent on tripling more often, to make yourself more potent with the mana you -do- have. Or pickup more spell-aim to make yer FI and 710 better. Or necro lore, for a more effective 711. Spending 0/8 for 1 mana point and 1 magical rank just seems a waste to me.