PDA

View Full Version : You're right, the skill migrator sucks

CrystalTears
01-11-2004, 04:47 PM
And I'm saying this because I'm getting screwed, and I'll find myself having to assist because this is total BS.

I had made a mistake with my training with my empath and didn't realize it until I started playing her yesterday. I had mistakenly trained her in strictly mental mana control as opposed to spiritual. And while I was in the mangler trying to make the changes, I figured I'd change the lore from tranference to manipulation.

So when I originally made the change, I had to wait 109 hours for the mana control and 200+ hours for the lores. So yeah, I had her logged in for a few hours yesterday.

This afternoon when I left for lunch around noon, I had the following:

Me (at level 43), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks Goals Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 50 10 10
Physical Fitness...................| 144 44 44
Arcane Symbols.....................| 166 66 66
Magic Item Use.....................| 188 88 88
Harness Power......................| 188 88 88
Mental Mana Control................| 132 36.274 0 90 in-game hours
Spirit Mana Control................| 96 22 44 ASAP
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 0 0 44 ASAP
Mental Lore - Transference.........| 140 40.137 2 190 in-game hours
Survival...........................| 144 44 44
Perception.........................| 144 44 44
Climbing...........................| 90 20 20
Swimming...........................| 90 20 20
First Aid..........................| 188 88 88
Pickpocketing......................| 144 44 44

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 33 33

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 30 30
Training Points: 4 Phy 0 Mnt (1138 Phy converted to Mnt)

I come back now to find this:

Me (at level 43), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Mental Mana Control................| 126 33.990 0 424 in-game hours
Spirit Mana Control................| 108 26 44 ASAP
Mental Lore - Transference.........| 136 38.995 2 924 in-game hours

Spell Lists

Spell Lists

Spell Lists

WTF?!! When did they decide to up the hours to over 400 for mana control and over 900 hours for lore?! Is this my punishment for having her logged on all day? That's pretty screwed up right there. I see myself having to assist, but why do I have this feeling that I'm going to the bang me in the ass assist line? Yeah I know I didn't have this luxury before. That's not my problem with it. I wanna know why the hours were raised over 4x what it was before.

[Edited on 1/12/2004 by CrystalTears]

Bobmuhthol
01-11-2004, 04:59 PM
It's because you're an empath and empaths suck.

Other than that, hahaha, you're screwed.

Also: that's weird.

Hips
01-11-2004, 05:05 PM
The same thing happened to me. It was originally 864 hours (or something along those lines) for Michiko to drop ranged for OHE, and now it's 1258.

52 days and counting until I can hunt again, whoo!

Good luck in the assist line... I'm not going to even bother. Keep us posted, though. I have a feeling it's not a mistake, just SIMU increasing the wait time as the "stages" of skill migration progress. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by GS3 Michiko]

Bobmuhthol
01-11-2004, 05:07 PM
You're gonna be logged in for 52 days straight huh? At least DR points aren't active.

Artha
01-11-2004, 05:10 PM
You gain skills instantly, right?

Why can't you hunt?

Vesi
01-11-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm confused why a couple of my skills have ASAP beside them and they've been like that for four days.

Vesi

StrayRogue
01-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Yes, you still gain skills instantly.

Rastaman
01-11-2004, 05:26 PM
I unlearned one spell. 66 hours.

I don't think it's THAT hard to forget stuff. I can do it in a matter of seconds. Especially before big finals and during job interviews.

Edaarin
01-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Choose old style reallocation, then set your stats, and go ahead and level up without actually training in any skills. Once you're back at your original level, then migrate. I did it with my rogue a few days ago, worked fine.

Kitsun
01-11-2004, 06:59 PM
The timer double take deal may be because of 'slow' migration allowed for 60 points during one month and then the 'ultra-slow' migration for anything beyond that. I think when you swap it all immediately, it calculates under the first rule, then when it has time to update and check your point allocation, it then converts it to the other timer.

Not that any of that really helps you. But thats my theory on it.

CrystalTears
01-11-2004, 08:46 PM
*** Host Eliryan is here to answer your assist. ***

Eliryan says, "Hi there."

Eliryan smiles.

Eliryan asks, "How can I help you?"

You wake up from your daydream, and begin paying attention again.

You say, "Hi."

You cough.

You say, "Well it's about these in game hours with the skill migrator."

You say, "Yesterday when I made changes to my skills, it started out with 109 hours and 210 or so hours. ."

You say, "This morning it was less because I had spent time here, obviously."

*Me* (at level 43), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Mental Mana Control................| 126 33.924 0 424 in-game hours
Spirit Mana Control................| 108 26 44 ASAP
Mental Lore - Transference.........| 136 38.962 2 924 in-game hours

Spell Lists

Spell Lists

Spell Lists

Eliryan nods.

You ask, "Now they are at 424 and 924 respectively. Why did they increase like that?"

Eliryan says, "I really don't know. But, I would assume it's a part of the bugs we're still having with the skill migrator and the "time to goal" messaging with the skill command."

Eliryan says, "It's likely all inaccurate."

You say, "Oh."

You ask, "So in layman's terms, what does that mean?"

You chuckle.

Eliryan says, "For the time being, while we're trying to sort out and fix for it, we're asking everyone to be patient."

Eliryan smiles.

You ask, "I'm kinda stuck with these until it's fixed?"

You say, "I see."

Eliryan says, "That it's probably wrong and not much to be worried about. Usually, it's been counting down the time whether the verbs and migrator have shown it or not."

You say, "So I'm not losing my mind. There IS something wrong with the time goals."

Eliryan says, "And the unusual jump in time, I could guess, was a bug and not correct, either."

Eliryan nods.

You ask, "Have any idea how it's supposed to work?"

Eliryan says, "And no, I don't unfortunately."

You snap your fingers.

Eliryan says, "You might try asking on the boards if anyone has an idea, but with the way it's been buggy, I'm not sure you'll find an answer."

You nod.

You say, "Okay."

You say, "Well I appreciate your honesty to just wait and see."

Eliryan smiles.

You see GameHost Eliryan.
She appears to be an Elf.
She appears to be very young and taller than average. She has almond-shaped blue-grey eyes and ivory skin. She has very long, fine chestnut hair with a white streak running through it. She has a delicate face, a small nose and sharply-curved pointed ears.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a pair of etched gold earrings, a braided gold wire ferroniere set with a teardrop-shaped violet sapphire, a pointy-eared daisy, a warped platinum star, a chain-clasped indigo velvet capelet, a delicate gold three-strand necklace, a linen pouch, a cornflower blue brocade houpelande laced with gold cording, a pale violet cotton sark, and some blue silk gold-threaded slippers.

Eliryan says, "Unfortunately, that's how bugs are. There until you squish 'em."

Eliryan says, "And we're squishing as hard as we can."

You say, "I just don't want to hear "it's not a bug it's a feature!"."

You grin ear-to-ear.

Eliryan snickers.

Eliryan says, "As far as I know, it is a bug. Big ole honkin' bug."

Eliryan nods.

You nod to Eliryan.

You say, "Well thank you. That's the only gripe for me."

Eliryan asks, "Was there anything else I could help you with?"

You shake your head.

Eliryan says, "I hope you have a good evening, then."

Eliryan curtsies.

You say, "You too."

Eliryan vanishes in a puff of smoke!

You wave.

The Cat In The Hat
01-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Perception.........................| 159 60 50 250 in-game hours

That was to take away 10 perception because I accidentally trained in that.. I was messing with stuff and forgot to flip them back before I applied it. Yeah.. im pissed. I would have to stay logged in for 11 days!

if they want to do that they should be general hours NOT in game hours.

Cat

CrystalTears
01-12-2004, 08:46 PM
I'll just keep using my stupid thread cause it's handy. :D

Has anyone in the game or on the boards mentioned why the skill migrator is based on in-game time and why it can't be real time?

I'm wondering because most of the things in the game that require a wait are based on real time. Going on the boat to Teras, getting your lockpicks fixed, paying jail fines... all of those are based on real time. Why does this, which takes a heck of a longer time, have to be in-game time?

I wouldn't mind the wait time of 1000 hours at all if it meant that I couldn't play my character for a few weeks knowing that once she's back I have her trained like I want her. Know what I mean?

Yes, I'm thankful for the skill migrator. I really am, and I know the other way I would have had to reroll. I suppose I'm just curious if anyone has addressed that aspect of the issue.

Okay I'll stop my rambling.. for now.

Pallon
01-12-2004, 09:10 PM
I thought of a really compelling reason why it should be in-game time this afternoon, but then I became intoxicated and forgot what it was. It's probably that way to further discourage pulling something like a complete reallocation in one character while you're off playing with the other characters on your account for however many weeks or months. If it's in-game time, you're left with the option of a) sitting in the inn with your thumb up your ass for a month, or b) buying a second account to play with while the first one is logged in, at which point the Simutronics bean counters all achieve massive woodies

CrystalTears
01-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Pallon
b) buying a second account to play with while the first one is logged in, at which point the Simutronics bean counters all achieve massive woodies

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh. Had to wipe my eyes for that one.

And I agree with you with the reasons why. Just makes you wonder why they implement something that would probably take as long as rerolling.

Kitsun
01-12-2004, 09:58 PM
I believe the answer they're sticking with is that the skill migrator was only meant to handle 'small training changes' and not large training overhauls.

Rastaman
01-12-2004, 10:03 PM
I thought they didn't want people sitting there AFK all day long, but the skill migration just completely encourages that. I for one haven't logged out in days, because I have skills migrating.

Xcalibur
01-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Pure simu crap.

Good idea in the first place, got twicked down, more and more and finaly it's a crap concept.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Melissa or whatever is running the show deserve a big slap behind the head

Halfsilver
01-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Drop 2 ranks in all mental lores for my empath and raise Manipulation up 10 ranks.

100 in game hours for each one I dropped.

"ASAP" for the 10 ranks in manipulation.

StrayRogue
01-13-2004, 04:15 AM
Heh, would any of you like the old system where we can't lose skills and gain others? Hmmm? Anybody?

CrystalTears
01-13-2004, 09:10 AM
No not at all. Like I said that's not my complaint that the hours are high. All I wanted to know was why it jumped to 4x of what it was originally, and why it's in-game as opposed to real time which is the standard they use for mostly everything else.

I love that we can do this. It doesn't mean that we can't request that it be bug-free and a little bit more user friendly, ya know? :P

Xcalibur
01-13-2004, 09:15 AM
The way they put it, it's when they'll change some stuff and you'll be able to react to those changes.

Right, good idea.

IF they announce, for exemple, the first march that ambush is gonna be put as it was before in 6 months, YES it will be a good option to be able to change your path accordingly.

But the delay is stupid, put it OOC based time OR base it on an average of game play of like 28 hours per week (so zombies will be advantaged).

But too much delay makes it useless, for now.

Meos
01-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Harness Power......................| 210 110.563 80 1004 in-game hours

it's a bug that times are longer then they should be, we have to wait paitently for them to fix it.

Latrinsorm
01-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Note to self: never change any skills. Ever.

Wezas
01-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Meos
Harness Power......................| 210 110.563 80 1004 in-game hours

it's a bug that times are longer then they should be, we have to wait paitently for them to fix it.

Very patiently by the look of things.