PDA

View Full Version : Voln weapon

Imperarx
08-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I was cleaning out my locker today, and I realized I still have the Voln pilum in there. I know it's just a pilum, but I was wondering what it's worth now a days.

Just for old times sake, I had to wave it around.

You wave your white ora pilum above your head in a slow arcing circle. Slowly a pure blue light emanates from the pilum, reaching outwards from you in an ever increasing circle.

You feel the pure blue light reaching out to the surrounding area, searching...
You do not sense any undead nearby.
A long quiet peaceful note resonates from the pilum.

m444w
08-22-2008, 01:04 PM
around 20ish maybe slightly more but doubtful.

Sean
08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Those are the ones that cycle like 4-7x and locate undead right?

The Ponzzz
08-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I dunno about 20mil. I don't recall a pilum being released.

m444w
08-22-2008, 01:14 PM
the HoK sold for 20.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
08-22-2008, 01:28 PM
the HoK sold for 20.

The HoK also crushes, and doesn't have the weakest DF of any polearm in the game. Last I remember, it (the pilum base) rivals Dagger and Qstaff effectiveness, but without the easy ambushing that both of the aforementioned grant.

Cut that quote in half and you may find a buyer for collection purposes alone, from the angle I'm looking at all of this from.

Imperarx
08-22-2008, 01:33 PM
The HoK also crushes, and doesn't have the weakest DF of any polearm in the game. Last I remember, it (the pilum base) rivals Dagger and Qstaff effectiveness, but without the easy ambushing that both of the aforementioned grant.

Cut that quote in half and you may find a buyer for collection purposes alone, from the angle I'm looking at all of this from.

No doubt. I said I know it's just a pilum, and that's cause I recognize pilums are probably the second worst weapon base in the game. They were useful at one point as the only polearm you could use with a shield, but when the ability to grip spears and tridents came around, that pretty much got rid of that.

I doubt I'll be selling it, since I still get a kick out of pulling it out and listening to it scream "RELEASE IT!" Was just curious what it might go for now a days. I have no feel for prices since I was gone for so long.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
08-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Well, at least you got a cool novelty pilum... Back when I thought Pilums rawked (before I had decent knowledge of the game's combat system), I shelled out for numerous "awesome" pilums and continued to be utterly stumped as to why I wasn't annihilating everything that stepped in front of me. I mean lances rule, so why wouldn't a smaller one-handed one be decent? :(

Imperarx
08-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Those are the ones that cycle like 4-7x and locate undead right?

Yeah. They locate undead, cycle 4-7x when attacking undead (and hold whatever enchant they were on against the living), have white fire (plasma?) flares, and several scripts when they're in the same room as an undead.

Gelston
08-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I use them for hurling. I wouldn't want to use that one for that though.

thefarmer
08-22-2008, 05:57 PM
If you decide to let it go, I'd be interested.

I've wanted one (plus the voln helm) ever since they were released, but haven't wanted to shell out for one of the nicer weapon bases. A pilum would be perfect.

Drew
08-22-2008, 07:22 PM
I'd pay 7 mil for it.

Belnia
08-23-2008, 12:44 AM
Why hurl a pilum? Javelins are FAR superior in every regard, and only 1 second more on the base RT.

Eleven billion kobolds can't be wrong.

Stanley Burrell
08-23-2008, 09:52 AM
If people are willing to pay what they do for Nalea gowns, then there is no effin' reason this shouldn't be priced a lot closer to the resale value of the Hammer. It has mechanical function beyond being fluff, there was an entire thread about a scimitar being sold for a hefty sum.