PDA

View Full Version : "Vial" flares?

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, I've seen a decent number (a bit under two digits) of weaponry that has some kind of "vial flaring" property, be it spirit, health, or mp. What exactly does this mean? Does a certain amount simply get added to your existing totals, or does a vial literally appear? If anyone wants to post logs, that could be helpful aswell. :p

Warriorbird
08-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Provided you fulfill certain varying conditions (stunning with a staff? ugh) and have the right skills (high MIU for the one I had) they will sometimes flare vials consumable for whatever type of thing they are. The vials do eventually go bad and decay.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
08-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Provided you fulfill certain varying conditions (stunning with a staff? ugh) and have the right skills (high MIU for the one I had) they will sometimes flare vials consumable for whatever type of thing they are. The vials do eventually go bad and decay.

...so Vials pop out of your weapon...? :wtf:

Warriorbird
08-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Pretty much!

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
08-20-2008, 11:13 PM
That is the most ridiculous way to hide an addiction ever. Stanley, take notes.

Jinsem
08-20-2008, 11:55 PM
I've owned a HP weapon and a MANA weapon. I did all my testing on the HP one, but I was recently told that it was a bit off when applied to a MANA weapon.

The following was confirmed by a GM ingame after boring myself to death testing my cudgel.

20 minute timer from when the vial flares. A minimum MIU is needed to even attempt to get a flare. The more MIU the fuller the vial flares. Must NOT be a kill shot. Vials go bad, but I never got to play with that. I was unable to pour one vial into another. You must be able to LEARN from the critter.

I've yet to play with either of the 2 SP weapons I know of, but I do know there Undead only. Which sucks, but oh well.

That's all I got.

Jinsem
Misses playing his PC named Vhial that made vials :)

BigWorm
08-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Those sound like too much of a pain in the ass to be very useful.

Warriorbird
08-21-2008, 12:38 AM
They can be pretty handy provided you have the MIU.

Stunseed
08-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Heh, a warrior with the health vial sword would be pretty pimp.

exttior
08-21-2008, 12:58 AM
Vials do go bad after time but I do not recall how long. I believe they turned into poison when drunk after long periods of no use. I seemed to recall on average about 15 -20 critters (with the right rolls) to produce a single vial. Fun toy.

Stanley Burrell
08-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Stanley, take notes.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7205/imag0005ko5.jpg

I HAVE BEEN.

Tolwynn
08-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Heh, a warrior with the health vial sword would be pretty pimp.

This was fairly true, with both the 4x two-hander and the 6x falchion. Self-mana 806 armor along with it put things far over the top.

Imperarx
08-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Vials do go bad after time but I do not recall how long. I believe they turned into poison when drunk after long periods of no use. I seemed to recall on average about 15 -20 critters (with the right rolls) to produce a single vial. Fun toy.

I wonder if these can be made good again with purify (1604)

Stanley Burrell
08-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I ran out of blue Sharpie.

Jinsem
08-21-2008, 06:00 PM
This was fairly true, with both the 4x two-hander and the 6x falchion. Self-mana 806 armor along with it put things far over the top.

Someone out there has some very light Full-Plate that is self-mana 806 :)

Jinsem
Stupid armor.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
08-22-2008, 08:41 AM
I ran out of blue Sharpie.

You're officially too cool for school, man. With that said, what does that make me? :(

Anywho, my reason for even starting this thread was because I was kind of praying for them to just flare a basic MMORPG-style potion now and then, which I'd then use for haste swinging goodness and such. Ahwells.