PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to the simu server after uninstalling psinet

Danjirus
08-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Ive tried everything from the website. The SGE will not connect to the SIMU server. The game will run through the website, but not from the SGE through LICH. I had LICH and PSInet running together before but after I rebooted my computer I began having problems so I uninstalled it all, and it didnt work, so I ended up deleting it all from the registry and starting over. No matter what I do, the SGE WILL NOT connect to the game server. Im not forced to run it through the website to start the game (however lich runs fine). Anyone else ran into this problem, and better yet, anybody have an idea how I fix it?

Danj

Khariz
08-19-2008, 06:09 PM
try reinstalling the launcher from simu to reset the registry keys. The launcher, not sge.

Danjirus
08-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I tried that. It reinstalled normally, checked for updates etc. Then when I try to log in with any account it says "cannot connect to the simutronics server"

The huge issue here is that I can only log in to one account at a time because as soon as I try to switch on the website it logs the character out.

Danjirus

Khariz
08-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Hmm, I dunno, but here's a temp solution for you until you figure it out.

Log into one account and character, delete cookies, close web brower without logging out.

Danjirus
08-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks for your help Khariz. However, I have solved the problem through superior intellect and troubleshooting skills. I should win some sort of award for my superior problem solving skills.

First, I considered throwing this computer, and a laptop next to me out the upstairs window. After that thought passed, I played around on some other games for a minute, and decided to pool all my resources to see if I could get this to work.....

Ahh forget it... I REBOOTED THE FUCKING COMPUTER NOW IT WORKS!!!!!

Danj

Sylvan Dreams
08-19-2008, 06:58 PM
I tried that. It reinstalled normally, checked for updates etc. Then when I try to log in with any account it says "cannot connect to the simutronics server"

The huge issue here is that I can only log in to one account at a time because as soon as I try to switch on the website it logs the character out.

Danjirus

If you close the browser and open a new instance, you will be given a fresh login screen when you go to the website.

Imperarx
08-19-2008, 07:05 PM
I know you might not like it given that you uninstalled psinet, but I find the AutoSGE to be superior to the regular SGE in almost every way imaginable.

sohel003
08-20-2008, 02:35 PM
The game will run through the website, but not from the SGE through LICH. I had LICH and PSInet running together before but after I rebooted my computer I began having problems so I uninstalled it all, and it didnt work, so I ended up deleting it all from the registry and starting over.