PDA

View Full Version : Official: Naos on Enchancive item Enchanting

Fallen
08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Enhancive items will definitely be enchantable again. I guess even I can do something right, sometimes! (But, don't hold your breath, I might screw it up yet!)

--
Naos

Danical
08-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Um, AWESOME?

thefarmer
08-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Naos wins best gm evar award.

NocturnalRob
08-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Enhancive items will definitely be enchantable again. I guess even I can do something right, sometimes! (But, don't hold your breath, I might screw it up yet!)

--
Naos

so what does this do to the value of DB items (lol brielus)?

AestheticDeath
08-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Nothing?

Jahira
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Just a guess, but I think this is enchancive weapons and armor. Not enhancive pin worns.

Renian
08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
http://governing.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/win.jpg

Kitsun
08-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Maybe I'm reading into it but didn't that post sound like a joke? Hence the little bit between the brackets.

I don't know why he expects people to be excited about this. Started off being able to enchant the shit, it gets burnt and they need to hold meetings to get the power back.

Some Rogue
08-12-2008, 03:58 PM
It was announced at simucon that it was probably going to happen so I don't think it's a joke.

thefarmer
08-12-2008, 04:02 PM
DBs aren't enhancive.

Widgets
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
DBs aren't enhancive.

They were saying, that since he said you can enchant enhancives soon again possibly...That perhaps you can enchant say a Pin-Worn stickpin that Adds to whatever...Since it is in fact an "Enhancive" however I'm sure it will only be limited to weapons and armors.

thefarmer
08-12-2008, 04:38 PM
They were saying, that since he said you can enchant enhancives soon again possibly...That perhaps you can enchant say a Pin-Worn stickpin that Adds to whatever...Since it is in fact an "Enhancive" however I'm sure it will only be limited to weapons and armors.

My response was to Rob.. probably should have quoted.

NocturnalRob
08-12-2008, 04:41 PM
My response was to Rob.. probably should have quoted.

i know DBs aren't enhancive. So if this applies to all enhancives (and not just weapons and armor), wouldn't the value of old DBs decline?

this is all neither here nor there without knowing the specifics of the enhancing enchanting system, but I like to ponder.

Khariz
08-12-2008, 04:42 PM
i know DBs aren't enhancive. So if this applies to all enhancives (and not just weapons and armor), wouldn't the value of old DBs decline?

this is all neither here nor there without knowing the specifics of the enhancing enchanting system, but I like to ponder.

Like I said on the officials:

He was obviously talking about enchansive items that SHOULD be able to be enchanted, such as weapons, shields, and armor. Not other things that aren't already enchantable.

AestheticDeath
08-12-2008, 04:42 PM
They would never be that stupid.. Its going to be weapon/armor only.

Otherwise every fucking enhancive they release is a DB, and that's way overpowering.

thefarmer
08-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Just because something's enchantable doesn't mean it's DB.

They're plenty of clothing items that can be enchanted but don't add to your DS.

I seriously doubt they'll change the enchanting mechanics that drastically.

Stanley Burrell
08-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Fook. Wrong button. Anyway:

I haven't read the details of this over. At all. But ummm, if you 7x a falchion with +10 to OHE bonus, and then PP it to 10x (or use auction potions) you basically win GemStone, is what I'm reading? Only drawback is not having them be player-forged and then having to get an enhancive put on via Premium Points in the first place: But some of the bonuses I've seen on these weapon drops far exceed what the 2400-point enchancives can provide.

Hopefully there's a greater chance of catastrophic and additional PP costs associated with enhancive items. That's a bit overpowered otherwise.

crb
08-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Makes me glad I picked up that +20 vultite handaxe +8 to edged weapons bonus +5 to agility for cheap, it just doubled in value.

enchant it to 7x and you have an effectively 8.5x weapon with the other benefits.

Khariz
08-12-2008, 07:44 PM
<< Guys...he's obviously talking about weapons, armor, and shields that are enhansives....not all items. >>

Right. This isn't creating DB items.

<< What good will that do me? >>

I'd assume that finding some 0x enhancive full leathers with +10 maximum mana, +5 mana regeneration and +15 Spell Aim bonus will be a bit more attractive with the ability to enchant it up to 4x and beyond. But, I suppose, that might be a pretty worthless feature.

--
Naos