PDA

View Full Version : Ever had one of those days?

Gan
08-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Ever had one of those days where everything you touched turned to gold? I call them the Midas days. They are few in number but highly coveted when they arrive.

Ever had one of those days where everything you touched turned to shit? I'm still looking for a phrase that adequately describes these days, but everyone I come up with does not seem to merit the next day a day like this happens so I keep searching for something worse.

Yesterday was one of those days... one of those shit-days. I've been working on an especially tricky commercial deal and I failed to catch an error made by our tax certifying authority. That failure-to-catch resulted in me having to go back to the buyer as we're trying to wrap up the purchase and ask for more money. On top of that, the seller - whom we closed at a remote location, left his drivers license on the table when he left... requiring me to send a runner out this morning to return it. Only he did not get the message to open the envelope containing it until I called the secretary to confirm delivery - only to find out she put it in his "inbox" and failed to hand it to him before he left for the airport.

:banghead:

Its funny how things set in motion on one shitty day can spill over into subsequent days of misery until some lunar phase or planetary alignment brings back the midas cycle.

On the positive side, our e-business is up and our first bulk mail-out is completed. I'm contemplating getting my real estate license and getting set up to where I can switch from title over to real estate (one of the brokerage firms I currently close for is pestering me to get my license) which can be supplemented by the dividends as they are disbursed from the e-business (providing it works out). I'm hoping for a midas day on this front because a midas day will mean a positive benefit to the disposable income side.

Stanley Burrell
08-12-2008, 02:51 PM
That story about Midas was about the most ineffective way to curb greed EVAR.

What sort of idiots wish for "Everything I touch, especially with my metallic ding-ding-dong, turns to gold" and not "What I actually want to turn to gold that will. And not blow up in my face and suck. Big time."

I dunno. Usually when I have Midas days, I buy a sweater at the mall. Or maybe a coffee cup.

Gan
08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
A sweater?

You're such a nancy. :p

Stanley Burrell
08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
With, uh, gang signs. Imbedded. 10x.

I'm going to go outside and breathe air.