PDA

View Full Version : I'ts a complaint about me! woo?

Jolena
01-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Okay yes, Im insane and I am making a formal complaint about me. Yes, I know it's out there but I came to the conclusion tonight in Gemstone that I suck at directions and should be shot twice and strung out on the side of the road. Damnit. *roar*

Okay well see, I have this little wizard in COL and I was taking her around to get her skins tonight..helping her.. and well we were trying to find ogres first..the large kind..in Danjirland.. not hard right? Impossible. I couldn't find any! I looked and looked and just one showed up for me to skin for her. ONE I tell you. It was awfully frustrating. So..I finally beg and pay someone 25K to get the skins.

Next up I get to help her with forest trolls.. once again, I stumble around in the area because I never hunted those things and I am not sure of that area..find ONE frigging forest troll..ONE! I search and search..and nothing. Oh yeah..I did see lots of HILL TROLLS..(yay?) but not a one goddamned forest troll. Are they HIDING from me? *wails* I swear, if I could, I'd just change my name after tonight. It was utterly embarrassing.

Now, I know this will bring on many jokes about how I should be ashamed of myself at my train not knowing where those itty bitty creatures are and for being directionally challenged..so go ahead, I deserve it. *hangs her head in shame*

Kitsun
01-09-2004, 02:25 AM
Maps are good. Print them out!

The thing is your not alone in being directionally challenged. Some people don't even admit its a problem that they don't know the way from the Illistim dais to the bank even though their character goes there all the time. All because its in their script!

Script-crippled bad. Self sufficiency good.

Jolena
01-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Oh see that's the thing..I have maps lol And I used them tonight..because I have been script dependant somewhat..however, I seriously am just directionally challenged. And i have a horribly hard time reading and following maps. It gives me a tummy ache just thinking of a map lol But I tried tonight damnit.. to no avail.. *sighs*

Kitsun
01-09-2004, 02:30 AM
Dear god. Lost WITH a map out?

Uhh...what you can try to do is put a little Monopoly piece on the square that your in. Move the little piece in the direction you move ingame to keep track.

01-09-2004, 02:32 AM
You suck

Jolena
01-09-2004, 02:39 AM
I know it damnit! I do suck..*sobs sadly* and it's horrible.. and I hate it but it's true..I am truly directionally challenged..I had a map and everything..and then couldn't find my way back and had to stop and ask a youngin..gosh I have such shame!

Jolena
01-09-2004, 03:05 AM
burwhating?

Praefection
01-09-2004, 05:17 AM
Maps are a great thing. After being embarassed and lost to many times to count I finally suckered down and got maps of any new areas I check out or I am considering hunting in. But don't feel so bad, I've done that as well. Heh.

Czeska
01-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Hey Jolena, don't feel too bad.. when my empath was skinning for CoL I couldn't find those critters either, and I actually figured out where I was (after getting lost <cough>).
Seems they just... hate me.

I did learn a little about Solhaven hunting though. Daggerbeaks made me giggle.

DeV
01-09-2004, 10:31 AM
COL skinning is the most frustrating thing because the Forest Trolls.. the one you need to find so many damn time are always so few and far between... but, Maps work.

TheEschaton
01-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Ogres were moved, I believe, because all "giant" creatures got a major uptweak in level (titans, ogres, frost giants...maybe golems?).

I used to have Wehnimer's and Ta'Vaalor completely memorized, and most of Ta'Illistim (prior to GS4). Now, some of the creatures have moved a bit, and I'm still getting used to it (in fact, all of GS4 I'm still getting used to. I don't adapt to change well). Icemule, I always have to drag out a map, that town is frickin' impossible to navigate. I tried Solhaven, but they rolled out South Haven when I was trying to learn it, and I gave up.

River's Rest? I think I've been there once in my life, for the H4H. My warrior hunted spectral lords or whatever they are in there, but that was for 2 weeks before he went insane from lack of interaction.

DeeDee
01-09-2004, 11:59 AM
I printed out all my maps and keep them on hand just incase of need.

Jolena
01-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I have all the maps of every town except for Rivers Rest and Teras because I haven't gone to Teras yet (too young in my opinion) and Rivers Rest is so secluded and difficult to get to that I don't really WANT to visit there. heh.

As far as Forest trolls.. I had Stunseed help my in game sister last night on those hides and it took him around 2 hours I think to get 4 skins because they are so few and far in between. I haven't had near as much trouble with any creature but that one. Now ogres yes, but I finally paid someone who came back with 10 tusks in about 30 minutes. Man did I feel like an arse lol

Hips
01-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Jolena is an imp, and that's why she gets lost.

Then again, Michiko gets lost too. I suppose it runs in the family, eh? ;)

Jolena
01-09-2004, 04:17 PM
LOL Michiko! You *know* it does run in our family..we all should have been rangers, *cough cough* I mean..errmm..yeah you know what I mean ya little tree hugger!

Artha
01-09-2004, 04:44 PM
www.tsoran.com

Learn it, love it.

Bewitchindryad25
01-09-2004, 05:16 PM
It's okay I'm always lost too even with maps I can't read a map to save my life

Rohdiddy
02-15-2004, 02:41 AM
Jolena, you just suck period. Which is why I love you soooooo much. Have fun on your vacation and try not to have too much fun with you know who with the you know what.

Bobmuhthol
02-15-2004, 02:42 AM
Way to resurrect a perfectly dead thread.

Rohdiddy
02-15-2004, 03:30 AM
It's what I do best.

Rohdiddy
02-15-2004, 03:36 AM
Besides Jolena is a personal friend of mine an I just like to give her shit. It's our "thing". :saint:

Bobmuhthol
02-15-2004, 03:38 AM
So send a nice package of shit to her. No need to make me wonder why I'm reading a thread from a month ago.

Rohdiddy
02-15-2004, 03:43 AM
I wonder why you are reading a thread from a month ago too. If it doesn't interest you cause it is "dead", then why bother. Plus, I think a package of shit wouldn't go too well with the postman. Of course, I could be wrong.

02-15-2004, 03:49 AM
Heys who a link to a good COL link

Rohdiddy
02-15-2004, 03:56 AM
I honestly have no clue.

Artha
02-15-2004, 08:42 AM
http://counciloflight.bravepages.com/sol.htm

Reyek
02-15-2004, 09:33 AM
I've done col in both SOL and Vaalor, Vaalor is ALOT easier then SOL to do. Only problem with COL in Vaalor is if you need silver wands which comes up every once in a blue moon. No place to buy them there. and they dont take the tarnished silver wands from the wizards shop. have to hunt them down in the pawn shop and so on. oh and i had to get 8 ruby amulets one time. i was like um no they didnt ask for 8 ruby amulets. Grr..

Myshel
02-15-2004, 11:01 AM
I with ya Jolena, I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag, with a map. I'm a visual person, once I go somewhere I don't forget (rl). Which was hell when I sold Real Estate, unless I was on the Island where I grew up and know the place backwards and forwards. In town I regularly would say.. and whats that near? I would even try to outthink myself, ok I think I should go right, but its probably left so I'll go left and be wrong. In GS I know the Landings and thats about it, I won't say how long I've been in the lands its so embarrassing.

Latrinsorm
02-15-2004, 02:26 PM
I thought I knew the Landing and then I started hunting Reivers, making myself a script to run back, and I'm really glad scripts are reliable cuz if it crapped out and left me in Glatoph somewhere I'd be in trouble. I'm sure I'd eventually find my way back but not before frosties had their way with me.

Rsen
02-15-2004, 02:52 PM
:saint: i get lost in the squares badly too i am always lost