PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Weapons

Imperarx
08-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Hi,

So, I'm trying to decide which weapon is better for a board pally. I currently have an 8x, vhcw falchion. Would a 7x perfect falchion or morning star be better? Any of the weapons mentioned would be bonded, so they should be sanct, and the 7x perfect weapons should still get the plasma flares. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Rocktar
08-05-2008, 02:45 AM
If you want raw damage and killing, the 8X is going to be better. The flares would be nice, but overall, I think the raw damage will win out.

Rocktar

AestheticDeath
08-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Keep the 8x vhc unless you want to sell it to me cheap!

Then just work on the 7x perfect. Shouldn't be hard to attain that. It is mostly time. If you can afford the weapon you have you can easily afford a 7x perfect in some way.

And then you can look for some PPs to get the 7x perfect even higher. And then wait for a merchant who will put HCW on it.

If you can get a 8x or higher perfect weapon with hcw on it, you will be doing much better. (opinion of course, you can find Latrin to see if the actual numbers are supported for that theory)

Hardest part is finding the weighting merchant...

Tolwynn
08-05-2008, 03:44 AM
As a caveat, while you could take a perfect weapon to 10x with enough premium points, you're also looking at an almost certain possibility that a merchant would refuse to weight it, period, given the new upper limits they've been so fond of implementing lately.

AestheticDeath
08-05-2008, 04:15 AM
8x still the limit? weight it at 8x then enchant if/when you can

Swami71
08-05-2008, 06:00 AM
As a caveat, while you could take a perfect weapon to 10x with enough premium points, you're also looking at an almost certain possibility that a merchant would refuse to weight it, period, given the new upper limits they've been so fond of implementing lately.

I don't think he wants weighting. Because then his Paladin flares don't work.

note: i've never played a paladin

Fallen
08-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Morning stars are pretty much the best one handed weapon, blunt or edged. Having a perfect one adds even more to the DFs, as the larger the initial DF, the greater the boosts gained from adding a % to it. Then you put in Arm of the Arkati on top of that, further multiplying what you can manage in terms of raw DF.

Are you Ambushing from the open or swinging/mstriking unaimed? That weighting on the falchion is quite nice for head shots. If not, you set that morning star for crush only damage and you're going to be doing wonderful things to your enemies. Add onto that the ability to achieve guiding light flares, and in my mind it is the superior weapon.

Ulkov
08-05-2008, 09:59 AM
MM Yes. Them stars are just plain nasty. I've been using one just as a GoS mstriking/zerking warrior.

J>stance off
>at
Vandele searches a Grimswarm orc pillager.
A Grimswarm orc pillager decays into compost.
You are now in an offensive stance.
You swing a perfect crimson steel morning-star at a Grimswarm orc destroyer!
AS: +367 vs DS: +166 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +1 = +247
... and hit for 75 points of damage!
Right leg mangled horribly.
The orc destroyer is knocked to the ground!
The orc destroyer is stunned!
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Mine's only 4x (I think), and like I said, I'm no pally. Can't even fathom how nasty it'd be in the hands of a bonding paladin.

There's a big long ass post of a warcamp razing where I use the star, if you wanna see some more hits.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=774590#post774590

Sylvan Dreams
08-05-2008, 10:22 AM

You can only enchant up to 7x with premium points.

Renian
08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
You can only enchant up to 7x with premium points.

No, that's wizard enchanting. Otherwise there'd be no point at all.

NocturnalRob
08-05-2008, 10:53 AM
No, that's wizard enchanting. Otherwise there'd be no point at all.

correct:

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Enchantment

Sylvan Dreams
08-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Add +5 to Any One Armor, Shield or Weapon
Description: This benefit, if selected, will allow you to add a +5 bonus to an armor, shield or weapon.
Some items which are particularly powerful will not be eligible for this enhancement. Any weapon which is enchanted to more than +30 will be made resistant to magic, and will be unable to be enchanted further.

http://www.play.net/gs4/premium/premiumplus.asp#bonus

Warriorbird
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
You can enchant stuff past 7x with premium points... but I believe they also render it un further enchantable after you do it once past 6x.

SolitareConfinement
08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
correct once you go past 6x which becomes 7x you can't further enchant it with a wizard so it becomes "resistant to magic"

Borismere
08-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Bottom Line:

Get a 7x Perfect forged morningstar. Join Sunfist and get the crit weighting symbol. It'll be better then the 7x vhcw falch. And no you can't get a masterfully crit weighted 7x falch by stacking sunfist symbol and the falch weighting. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say they "see" a difference. After over 1000 recorded rolls the averages are aligned to no additional weighting from sunfist symbols.

Fallen
08-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I dunno, Borismere. The people making said claims are fairly credible. Remember, though. Weighting only applies to Grimswarm. Padding applies in all cases.

Warriorbird
08-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Weighting and such applies to Grimswarm 'allies' as well. It may not matter a lot at cap but it can beforehand.

Fallen
08-05-2008, 02:05 PM
True. Padding is universally applied.

Ashliana
08-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Get the perfect star, give the falchion to me. Please? With sugar on top?

Warriorbird
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Ha ha.

TheLastShamurai
08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
i use a 7x perfect handaxe.

works great. i open ambush the neck on every shot.

usually about a 50% chance (assuming the creature is critable) that is dies on the first shot.

if you aren't plannin on ambushing, precision is the way to go.

not sure about which is better, that is some nice weighting.

probably just boils down to RP and personal preference on which ya want.