PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to adopt?

TommyWill
07-31-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know, maybe this is the wrong thread for this... but seems like the closest category I could find.

I'm trying to find someone who's into the RP-family-life. I haven't had an in-game family that was strong, since Hawkee quit playing with his massive family... of which, nobody seems to still be alive or around.

I've got a young-ish character, level 14, ranger, giantman.

However being an adoption, it hardly matters what race or profession it is... but if you wished to RP actually being blood-parents, then at least one being a giantman or giantwoman would probrably be good. That is, if there is a couple interested.

I won't put the character's name here, because I like a small bit of privacy. But, leave me a note if you're interested and we'll talk.

the character does also have a last name, so for 50k (which I'd pay for) I can take on your last name if you have one without awaiting our slow coder team to implement the surname system completely.

Allereli
08-01-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm not going to bash you for trying to RP something out, but you should know that Gemstone does not have "children" player characters. Age does not equal training. Your level 14 character is not 14 years old. In fact, the lowest age you can set a character at is 20. People having families is fine, calling someone Mom or Dad, etc, but no one should be saying "goo goo ga ga" or screaming like a toddler (not saying that you would).

Your post reminded me of a log I have from 1998 where there are a ton of thoughts of people asking to be adopted. It was a fad for a while, I'm glad it's now done off the thought net.

There are some clans that operate as PROs, you might want to look into that. Good luck.

TommyWill
08-01-2008, 03:49 AM
Right I realize that level 14 doesn't mean 14 years old. I'm not stupid :-P

I guess I should have mentioned, he's listed as an "immature" descriptor for age. I think I still have an age reset too though, so we can work that out as well.

I am not begging for a family, but I'd like one. I miss that additional piece of roleplay. It's all fine to pretend you have a family "back home" or whatever. But in the days we're in now, there's no longer thousands of people logged in to play, but there's still just about as many hack-and-slashers.

So with that many hack and slashers, and less roleplayers, half of the time it's ridiculously hard to get anybody but an empath, rogue, or possibly a cleric to roleplay with you. And I don't mean a 10 minute drink at Helga's before taking off at random to go kill monsters for 20 minutes.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-01-2008, 04:10 AM

I guess I should have mentioned, he's listed as an "immature" descriptor for age. I think I still have an age reset too though, so we can work that out as well.

I am not begging for a family, but I'd like one. I miss that additional piece of roleplay. It's all fine to pretend you have a family "back home" or whatever. But in the days we're in now, there's no longer thousands of people logged in to play, but there's still just about as many hack-and-slashers.

So with that many hack and slashers, and less roleplayers, half of the time it's ridiculously hard to get anybody but an empath, rogue, or possibly a cleric to roleplay with you. And I don't mean a 10 minute drink at Helga's before taking off at random to go kill monsters for 20 minutes.

I'd say roleplay has only improved, not gotten worse/less. The fact that we've gotten away from "family" being the best avenue to roleplay I think is good evidence of that. And, some of the best hack-and-slashers are also phenomenal role-players. Hunting is just an integral part of their RP.

thefarmer
08-01-2008, 04:17 AM
Have you tried making friends first?

Simply saying your somebody's kid doesn't immediately create RP. It requires effort.

Anferis
08-01-2008, 04:22 AM
I'll adopt you.

I beat children.

Tisket
08-01-2008, 04:23 AM
I haven't had an in-game family that was strong

What do you mean by "strong"? Do you mean high level? And what's that got to do with rping a family? Why do I get the feeling you'd not be interested in a low level "father" or "mother". As a matter of fact, why don't YOU roleplay the parent and look for someone else to adopt? I'm just curious.

Methais
08-01-2008, 04:39 AM
I don't know, maybe this is the wrong thread for this... but seems like the closest category I could find.

I'm trying to find someone who's into the RP-family-life. I haven't had an in-game family that was strong, since Hawkee quit playing with his massive family... of which, nobody seems to still be alive or around.

I've got a young-ish character, level 14, ranger, giantman.

However being an adoption, it hardly matters what race or profession it is... but if you wished to RP actually being blood-parents, then at least one being a giantman or giantwoman would probrably be good. That is, if there is a couple interested.

I won't put the character's name here, because I like a small bit of privacy. But, leave me a note if you're interested and we'll talk.

the character does also have a last name, so for 50k (which I'd pay for) I can take on your last name if you have one without awaiting our slow coder team to implement the surname system completely.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/spinarooni226/a1068_bm.gif

Allereli
08-01-2008, 08:59 AM

You'd be surprised at how many people still think it does. Saying they were "born" in Vaalor, acting like babies, saying, "I'm still too young to go there," etc, etc.

Parkbandit
08-01-2008, 09:13 AM
If Haashak still plays, I hear he's a Super Daddy.

At least that's what Anticor used to call him.

:shrug:

Drew
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Your GS humour is woefully out of date PB.

Miss Ismurii
08-01-2008, 12:36 PM
LMAO @ Anferis

Jayvn
08-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Lol I knew this thread would be win, If by adopted you mean I can lock you in a closet and make you work in a sweatshop to bring in more silver for me than I actually am in the process of adopting some gs babies...

no wait..that means i'd be followed around a lot..n/m

NocturnalRob
08-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Lol I knew this thread would be win, If by adopted you mean I can lock you in a closet and make you work in a sweatshop to bring in more silver for me than I actually am in the process of adopting some gs babies...

no wait..that means i'd be followed around a lot..n/m

yeah...you can be my son. go finish a bunch of bounties. i have shit that needs recharging.

TommyWill
08-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Alright, I don't care what level the parents of the kid are.

By strong I do not mean level, by strong I mean good roleplayers.

And i realize that some people have hunting as a piece of their roleplay, but not EVERY hack and slasher ACTUALLY has hunting as their Roleplay. Most of them infact, just say that, so that actual RPers will back off when they are criticized for power leveling.

It isn't that RP was only found in the family format back in the day either, and it is not that family RP is the only RP I want.

I JUST MISS IT. That's it, pure and simple, I liked having a "family", being able to RP with parents, sometimes a sibling or two what needs to be put in their place, whatever.

I don't need it, I'm not going to quit without it, and I do have other friends in the game.

But I would LIKE to get into a family group.

If you don't understand that, you are obviously not the person for the job, and you're wasting your time criticizing what I like.

Warriorbird
08-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Your existing character wouldn't be welcome... but there's some folks in Haven playing actual relatives.

Methais
08-02-2008, 12:07 AM
And i realize that some people have hunting as a piece of their roleplay, but not EVERY hack and slasher ACTUALLY has hunting as their Roleplay. Most of them infact, just say that, so that actual RPers will back off when they are criticized for power leveling.

Here's how I RP:

- Stay in character in public

- Speak l33t in whispers

- GO PWN SHIT ALL OVER THE PLACE WITH MASSIVE IMMOLATE PWNAGE PWN PWN PWN PWN PWN PWN PWN PWN PWN

- Come back to town and beat my kids

So you want in?

Warriorbird
08-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Probably the best offer he will EVER get and fail to collect on.

AnticorRifling
08-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Your GS humour is woefully out of date PB.

Actually I still laugh at that shit so it's pretty spot on.

PB you can lick my super son balls.

Warriorbird
08-21-2008, 12:06 AM
I am adoupt bot!

Allereli
08-21-2008, 12:20 AM
I'd adopt the bot

Stanley Burrell
08-21-2008, 12:23 AM
I'd adopt the bot

Don't fuck around:

http://www.therussianshop.com/russhop/mechanicaltoys/robot.jpg

In Soviet South Ossetia, bot adopts you, bitches.

Methais
08-21-2008, 12:36 AM
this time you can not anything others .

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Pro_Wrestling_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg
http://patrickstack.com/images/2008/04/a-winner-is-you1.gif

DelawhereAmi
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
At one point in my time of playing, I was adopted by Kythe & Ravenella (I think that was his wife's name).. I was obviously closer to daddy...

Heh.

niaz444
08-23-2008, 01:18 PM
hi

i will very adobt about this matter.

Stanley Burrell
08-23-2008, 01:45 PM
hi

i will very adobt about this matter.

http://www.nataliedee.com/080405/cupcake.jpg

onurb
08-30-2008, 01:42 AM
I think I just saw king corn karn and fighter hyabussa?

Merala
09-20-2008, 05:28 PM
A family atmosphere is not a bad thing. I have a character that is one half of a set of identical twins. However, there are definitely some things about roleplaying "family" that you have to be completely aware of so as not to ruin the experience for other people by having a situation completely outside of the realm of believable.

For example:

Giantwoman: I am a giant, I am your mommy.
Elven boy: Thank you for giving birth to me mommy!

I've actually seen this, and it ruins other people's role play experience.

Gelston
09-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Families are terrible. Just tell everyone your family was killed by x, and that you've sworn your life to avenging their deaths.

Ignot
09-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Giantwoman: I am a giant, I am your mommy.
Elven boy: Thank you for giving birth to me mommy!

this use to bug the crap out of me. and then whenever you confront them about it they always have some lame excuse. and its like race doesn't matter. dark elf mom and human kid, sure sounds great! there use to be one family that had like 100 people in it or something. i forget the name, it was like The Viejeux family or something. It was pretty much one of the biggest rp disasters in GS, IMO. oh well, RP is overrated anyways.

Winter's Kiss
09-21-2008, 05:36 PM
That family is still around, there are several people still in it. There's also one that's freaking huge, Ravenswing Clan. Most of them are so far out there anyway, it's hard to even get a straight story on who is who's kid.

Warriorbird
09-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Ugh.