PDA

View Full Version : Idea: 1613 - Divine Vengeance Improvements

Fallen
07-29-2008, 11:01 AM
As any of the four of you who read my 115 idea will soon realize, this is basically the same premise being applied to Divine Vengeance. As this spell is by and large considered nearly, if not more useless than 115, I think that it could use the same manner of improvement. The spell of Divine Vengeance would be stand as a guard against Dispels, both Spiritual and Elemental. Training in Spiritual lore - Blessing (Or Religion, or Summoning. Whatever) would increase the rate at which the spell is weighted to be stripped by the singular, or mass forms of Dispel. Once dispelled, the Divine Vengeance effect would trigger, and the caster would be faced with the same weighted CS attack spell we all know and love.

Thoughts?

Izzy
07-29-2008, 11:35 AM
As any of the four of you who read my 115 idea will soon realize, this is basically the same premise being applied to Divine Vengeance. As this spell is by and large considered nearly, if not more useless than 115, I think that it could use the same manner of improvement. The spell of Divine Vengeance would be stand as a guard against Dispels, both Spiritual and Elemental. Training in Spiritual lore - Blessing (Or Religion, or Summoning. Whatever) would increase the rate at which the spell is weighted to be stripped by the singular, or mass forms of Dispel. Once dispelled, the Divine Vengeance effect would trigger, and the caster would be faced with the same weighted CS attack spell we all know and love.

Thoughts?

I like eet. Sounds like a combination of 712 and your new 115 to me. The only issue I see is that paladins get both 115 and 1613 which would probably incur screams of imbalance.

Fallen
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Heh. I see improvements to 1613, but nothing is going to happen with 115. That and even with both spells working as I suggested, all it means is people would be a bit more resiliant to dispels, with Paladins have a slight edge. A good Seer dispel with strip 4-6 spells. Paladins will still be quite vulnerable.

BigWorm
07-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't see this being that useful if they actually did the 115 change because Paladins can already learn that spell, although 1613 would possibly protect against elemental attacks too. I think both of your recent ideas for these spells are really good though.

TheLastShamurai
07-30-2008, 08:21 PM
something definitely need to be done about this spell. as it is now, it really sucks.

i would be happy if it just had a % chance to go off when hit, kinda like retribution, as a sign not to fuck with an arkati servant.

TheLastShamurai
07-30-2008, 08:27 PM
actually, i would settle for it just being able to hit players.

atleast that would be amusing.

Fallen
07-31-2008, 07:03 AM
Divine Vengeance can and does hit players when they are killed.

TheLastShamurai
07-31-2008, 09:40 PM
well now, i did not know that.

never heard of it happening nor seen anyone comment about it on the officials.

don't believe i've had anyone murder me either.

if this is indeed true, i could care less about improving it. my amusement is satisfied.

Sylvan Dreams
07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Maybe Divine Vengeance can grow in ability with lore summoning, each tier could give the possibility of retribution under specific circumstances. 0 lore for death, X lore for dispell, Y lore for a stun, etc.

I think it would be a Blessings thing, since you're seeking your deity's blessing.

Izzy
07-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Maybe Divine Vengeance can grow in ability with lore summoning, each tier could give the possibility of retribution under specific circumstances. 0 lore for death, X lore for dispell, Y lore for a stun, etc.

I think it would be a Blessings thing, since you're seeking your deity's blessing.

Deity related shit is generally going to fall under religion, i'd think.