PDA

View Full Version : Nano Technology...

GOD
01-07-2004, 10:04 AM
I was reading a book by Michael Crichton about this, was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or opinions about it....

actually, i dont know if its even real...but i'm pretty sure it is...so discuss...

-John

AnticorRifling
01-07-2004, 10:06 AM
It's real. Real small!! HAHAHA

I think the potential for it to be useful in surgery etc is there but we aren't at that stage in the game yet. Ever seen the movie innerspace? Kind of like that but different.

GOD
01-07-2004, 10:48 AM
I saw the movie Agent Cody Banks!

-John

Hulkein
01-07-2004, 11:18 AM
ROFL ANTICOR

Parkbandit
01-07-2004, 11:20 AM
It worked on Star Trek NG...

GOD
01-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Eh.........

I hear the woman say that Anticor is hung like a nanobot.

-John

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by GOD]

Xcalibur
01-07-2004, 11:56 AM
It's the possible cure against cancer

Man, i hope we'll see that in our lifetime

GOD
01-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Ya that would be cool.

-John

Zeyrin
01-07-2004, 08:22 PM
I watched a show on either PBS or TLC about nano technology. What I thought was really cool is within the next 20 or 30 years they are going to be advanced enough to use nanobots to build houses from the ground up as if a team of carpenters did it.

Nano technology would turn medicine as we know it on it's ear. It would be so wild to be injected with a bunch of nanobots that has nothing better to do than go around killing viruses. They will be smart enough to detect things like an evolving stroke or heart attack. I read somewhere that these nanobots could help repair the mutations in our cells causing the effects of aging to slow down. Bye bye botox.

GOD
01-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Ya, thats pretty kick ass, i cant wait to see what this sht is like when i'm 50. Heh. I WANT IT NOW! lol.

-John

Artha
01-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Another cool application is military. Provided the guys at MIT can live upto their promises, within 20 years our soldiers will have night and infrared vision, and be bullet proof, super strong, inhumanly fast, and if they do get hurt, the nanobots will be able to staunch blood flow from the wound.

Vixen
01-08-2004, 07:33 PM
While I am optimistic about its potential, I'm one of those skeptical people that are worried about the fallout from somethin like this.
As someone thats been through a hell of a lot healthwise, at the time, I wished that there was something like that NOW that could have made it easier.
But now I'm glad for the experience sort of thing
I guess I am cheesy that way.

Zeyrin
01-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Vixen
While I am optimistic about its potential, I'm one of those skeptical people that are worried about the fallout from somethin like this.
As someone thats been through a hell of a lot healthwise, at the time, I wished that there was something like that NOW that could have made it easier.
But now I'm glad for the experience sort of thing
I guess I am cheesy that way.

I've been through a lot over the past 10 months myself. Nanobots would have been wonderful for what I went through. I just hope nanobots will be able to make my children's life a little easier when I have them.

01-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Keep in mind that all the great stuff you are hearing are nothing but theories.