PDA

View Full Version : Apocalyptica to the USA!

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
07-25-2008, 02:03 AM
If you haven't heard of them, pop over to youtube and check them out asap. Apocalyptica is by FAR my favorite band, and I was devastated when I missed a nice intimate little show they put on about fourty minutes away from me, but I was recently informed by my girlfriend that Apocalyptica was scheduled to do a show at First Ave. (where she works) in Minnesota. Works out perfectly for me, as it's about 25 minutes from my place, so I'm getting in!

Anyway, tour dates in the US are as follows:
9/14 Chicago IL Q101 Blockparty
9/15 Madison WI Barrymore Theatre
9/16 Minneapolis MN First Avenue
9/18 Omaha NE The Slowdown
9/19 Des Moines IA People'S
9/21 Cincinnati OH Century Theatre
9/25 Worcester MA The Palladium
9/26 New York NY Nokia Theatre
9/27 Hartford CT The Webster Theater
9/28 Washington DC Nightclub 930
9/29 Philadelphia PA Theatre of Living Arts
10/01 Atlanta GA Center Stage
10/02 Lake Buena Vista FL House of Blues
10/03 St. Petersburg FL State Theatre
10/04 Ft. Lauderdale FL Culture Room

Then back overseas they go!

Anywho, I highly recommend them, and each show should be quite cheap for those who are on a budget. Certain places may be offering VIP tickets for about double the cost of normal tickets, but I assume they'll be worthwhile. Just figured I'd let you folks in on a little secret I had. :)

Bobmuhthol
07-25-2008, 02:07 AM
$19 at The Palladium. That is pretty cheap!

(I've known about this for a while but am infinitely more excited by Helloween and Gamma Ray touring together)

AestheticDeath
07-25-2008, 02:11 AM
nowhere close to me

AestheticDeath
07-25-2008, 02:16 AM
what are their best songs?

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
07-25-2008, 02:20 AM
what are their best songs?

Depends on your taste, really. They released an entire album of Metallica covers which got a couple ringing endorsements from the band, so that's a decent starting point if you're new to cellos + metal stuff. Otherwise go pick up their new cd Worlds Collide. It's meant as an introduction for them to the US, and it's pretty solid overall with features from Corey Taylor (Slipknot), Adam Gontier (Three Days Grace), Dave Lombardo (Slayer), Till Lindemann (Rammstein) and Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil).

Back
07-25-2008, 02:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGnAzkh9kn0

Hilarious.

Hairlarious?

Asile
07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Go figure that the friend who turned me on to them lives in CA...and they're not going out there. Would be awesome if I could get him to come to the east coast to see the show in DC.

(Btw, my favorite from them is "Faraway".)

The Ponzzz
07-25-2008, 10:31 AM
I have Apocalyptica's CD of Metallica covers. Awesome stuff.

bluesmith
07-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Saw them at the 930 club in DC sometime in the last month or two...totally awesome show.

Nilandia
07-25-2008, 01:42 PM
The Metallica covers are great (Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters are wonderful), but I find I vastly prefer their original work aside from Helden, or as I call it, the song that should not exist. (I'm sorry, but Till Lindemann covering David Bowie should be against the law.) It's hard to say which album I enjoy most because I find pieces on every album I adore.

Some faves, though: Path, Quutamo, Deathzone, Hope Volume 2, Bittersweet, Worlds Collide, Grace, Faraway, Heat, Pandemonium, Struggle, Stroke, Last Hope, Ural, Drive, Conclusion, Romance, Hyperventilation

Er... yeah. I like a lot of them.

Gretchen

Gretchen

Hips
07-25-2008, 01:59 PM
I'll probably be seeing them in Philly, if I can get out of going home for my my father's birthday. =X

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
07-25-2008, 03:14 PM
The Metallica covers are great (Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters are wonderful), but I find I vastly prefer their original work aside from Helden, or as I call it, the song that should not exist. (I'm sorry, but Till Lindemann covering David Bowie should be against the law.) It's hard to say which album I enjoy most because I find pieces on every album I adore.

Oh come on, it has a little bit of Type-O Negative going on in there too!