PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito

Kerranger
07-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Anyone else going to watch this? This is going to be an awesome fight. Cotto is almost unstoppable in boxing at 32-0, but if anyone can stop him, it will be done by Margarito. Definitely going to get this.

Kerranger
07-24-2008, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MigmBs2GCuE Miguel Cotto highlight.
32-0, 26 knockouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WMgqfONQ3c Antonio Margarito hightlight. 35-5, 26 knockouts.

war.

Drew
07-24-2008, 07:06 AM
This fight should have happened 2 or 3 years ago. Margarito was in peak form back then, he's lost a step or two since then I think. Cotto was ducking him at the time, can't really blame him though, no one outside of real boxing heads know who Margarito is. I think Margarito still has a shot at Cotto, even if he has lost his mental edge.

Kerranger
07-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Hell, Floyd ducked Margarito a couple of times. Id give him a real good chance at it. Cotto is a power hitter, Margarito has an iron chin and throws 90 punches a round. Cotto better bring his whole game.
Real good boxing matches this year, in addition to MMA. You got this one, Manny Pacqiao vs De La Hoya in Sept, and Joe Calzaghe vs Roy Jones Jr in November sometime. Should have been De La Hoya vs Mayweather 2 in Sept, till he "retired". PPV is going to break me.

Drew
07-24-2008, 07:54 AM
The Calzaghe fight isn't even going to be a fight. RJJ is old and slow and Joe still has sick skills. I have no idea what Oscar is thinking, sure he may be able to beat Manny but it wasn't that long ago that Manny was fighting under 120 pounds. I thought Hatton-De La Hoya was retarded, this is ridiculous. It'd be like having Klitschko fight Mayweather. I usually root for Oscar but I'm going to pull for Manny since Oscar is making me watch this retarded crap.

Kerranger
07-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Yeah. Theyre basically just looking for one last fight before they get out of the game, Calzaghe and Oscar. RJJ and Calzaghe will be a joke, and he wants to end his career with a win, rather than fight Kelly Pavlik. Calzaghe is my favorite boxer, but he ducked Pavlik like a bitch. Theres no way around it. He was scared of losing with good reason. De La Hoya was itching for a fight for a while before he set it up with Pacquaio. Hes looking for a big payday before he goes out. I think they were talking something like 20 million for Pacquaio to fight him.

Drew
07-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't say Calzaghe ducked Pavlik. Remember everyone saying he was ducking Kessler because Kessler was going to destroy him, we all saw how that came out. Pavlik didn't want to fight at the same weight as Calzaghe. On top of that Joe has been getting ducked his whole career by RJJ and B-Hop and it's the end of his career, which do you think he'd rather fight, yet another in an endless line of young guns who is "sure to destroy him" or the guys he has wanted to fight his whole career? Granted as a fan I'd rather see Joe fight Ghost I don't think Pavlik has what it takes to beat him. Kessler had more power than Pavlik does and I don't think Pavlik is a much better boxer than Kessler.

Kerranger
07-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Talking about Hopkins ducking him, and remembering what Hopkins told him before the fight, and realizing what actually happened puts a smile on my face every time i think about it.