PDA

View Full Version : Illthorn

AKOE!
07-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi there! I need something made out of illthorn for an alter. It doens't matter if it's shield or staff.

thefarmer
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
You're gonna be flushing many millions down the drain just to put illthorn somewhere. Especially if you just get a shield or staff

AKOE!
07-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Are there any other items made out of illthorn? I've seen those vaalin-swept illthorn leaf pins but that really isn't illthorn. I know the gm's can be picky and I was wondering if they would work with that.

Fallen
07-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Some might, some might not.

AKOE!
07-22-2008, 09:36 AM
It would certainly be more cost effective to use those pins which only cost me 50k a piece as opposed to a shield which can cost millions as thefarmer said. I guess I'll just try the pins and hold for the best. I could always sell them again I guess, right?

Fallen
07-22-2008, 09:38 AM
If the word is available via the Adventurer's guild, you can have a badge constructed of the material and then just use it for alterations. Heh. I always wondered what a merchant would think of that.

thefarmer
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Are there any other items made out of illthorn? I've seen those vaalin-swept illthorn leaf pins but that really isn't illthorn. I know the gm's can be picky and I was wondering if they would work with that.

Everytime I tried, I got turned down.

Nilandia
07-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Only time I've gotten illthorn in an alteration was when I sacrificed an illthorn-hafted Iasha weapon. Even the merchant was surprised and asked if I was sure. :D

Gretchen

Fallen
07-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Weren't there boxes/keys that were sold that had Illthorn in them?

Nilandia
07-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Weren't there boxes/keys that were sold that had Illthorn in them?
The only items sold off the rack with actual illthorn in them that I have records for were an illthorn edged golden gong on the Dhu and illthorn-hafted white ora military pick, an Iasha weapon from the WD. I used one of the Iasha weapons to alter one of the lockable jewelry boxes into illthorn at the Dragonfly Festival, which might be what you're thinking of. It's a blazestar-set silver illthorn box.

Gretchen

Fallen
07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Must be. Hah.