PDA

View Full Version : Frickin wizards...

TommyWill
07-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Alright, I have a minor complaint... and I'll be brief...

Kind of goes like this... Every spell-casting class, has access to 2 or 3 spheres.

Of the spheres that are not "profession specific" like the wizard sphere and such... There are 4 "shared spheres"

Minor Elemental
Major Elemental
Minor Spiritual
Major Spiritual

... But... now wait a minute... Only Wizards get Major Elemental...

So doesn't that mean, they get TWO WHOLE SPELL spheres entirely to themselves?

Parts of me, wants to say it is because they are wizards... Because they devote their life to magic, and as such.. they deserve a larger range of spells that ONLY they get to cast.

But then... I realize, that's F-ing stupid.

Bards - scholars. Why can't they have two unique spell circles? They only get 2 total, and one of them is a minor list shared by wizards, sorcerers, rogues, warriors and every other tom-dick-and-harry what wants to learn a couple of magics.

Sorcerers - They're like wizards, their entire life is devoted to casting and they can't swing a sword to save their lives... AND They're supposedly more veristile than wizards! They have access to minor elemental, and minor spirit... alright that's cool, except.... that would mean that EVERYONE gets access to their spells. And I mean everyone... Warriors, rogues, wizards, paladins, rangers, bards, empaths and clerics can all cast either minor spirit or minor elemental. And if it were that special to have access to both, warriors and rogues wouldn't be able to pick one of those should they choose.

Either way... I've bitched too much, so now I'll stop... but seriously...

They need to either give someone else a little bit of the major elemental, or force wizards into the majority with the rest of us who have to actually SHARE our knowledge.

*grunts, obviously annoyed*

Stupid wizards...

Fallen
07-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Clerics were GOING to be the only class with Major Spiritual, but in one of the most unbalancing decisions known to GS, they are allowing them to keep it.

Savants will be the ONLY class with access to Major Mental.

Sorcerers are the ONLY class with access to both Elemental and Spiritual circles. I do wish, though, that we had an ability to gain access to Major Elemental or Major Spiritual for a short while. One can dream, eh?

Right now wizards have sole access to two different circles, but that wont last forever.

SolitareConfinement
07-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Sorcerers are the ONLY class with access to both Elemental and Spiritual circles.

>spell

Your spell lists:
Minor Spiritual...1
Minor Elemental...6

>info
Name: XXXX Race: Dwarf Profession: Rogue

ya sure?

Tolwynn
07-21-2008, 09:47 AM
I think he meant to say in addition to a class circle as well.

SolitareConfinement
07-21-2008, 10:05 AM
yeah that would seem to make more sense....don't mind me

Asha
07-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Even still, it doesn't make sorcerers the melders of spiritual and elemental magic 'hybrids' they're made out to be, when any square can do it.

Deathravin
07-21-2008, 10:16 AM
I always thought there should be like a 445(or 499) spell and 145(or 199) spell that would allow somebody to cast any major Elemental/Spiritual spell.

Fallen
07-21-2008, 10:18 AM
It would be nice, yes.

Ignot
07-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I just want to make sure I understand the OP, so you want others to have access to the major spell circle to make the game more fair? Makes sense, im tired of all these different professions being able to do different things. my dream would be to have all the professions be exactly the same just different text....

on second thought.....

Methais
07-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Alright, I have a minor complaint... and I'll be brief...

Kind of goes like this... Every spell-casting class, has access to 2 or 3 spheres.

Of the spheres that are not "profession specific" like the wizard sphere and such... There are 4 "shared spheres"

Minor Elemental
Major Elemental
Minor Spiritual
Major Spiritual

... But... now wait a minute... Only Wizards get Major Elemental...

So doesn't that mean, they get TWO WHOLE SPELL spheres entirely to themselves?

Parts of me, wants to say it is because they are wizards... Because they devote their life to magic, and as such.. they deserve a larger range of spells that ONLY they get to cast.

But then... I realize, that's F-ing stupid.

Bards - scholars. Why can't they have two unique spell circles? They only get 2 total, and one of them is a minor list shared by wizards, sorcerers, rogues, warriors and every other tom-dick-and-harry what wants to learn a couple of magics.

Sorcerers - They're like wizards, their entire life is devoted to casting and they can't swing a sword to save their lives... AND They're supposedly more veristile than wizards! They have access to minor elemental, and minor spirit... alright that's cool, except.... that would mean that EVERYONE gets access to their spells. And I mean everyone... Warriors, rogues, wizards, paladins, rangers, bards, empaths and clerics can all cast either minor spirit or minor elemental. And if it were that special to have access to both, warriors and rogues wouldn't be able to pick one of those should they choose.

Either way... I've bitched too much, so now I'll stop... but seriously...

They need to either give someone else a little bit of the major elemental, or force wizards into the majority with the rest of us who have to actually SHARE our knowledge.

*grunts, obviously annoyed*

Stupid wizards...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Rustina/QQ.png

Allereli
07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
If people want access to those spell circles, just roll up another character than can learn them.

ZeP
07-21-2008, 07:58 PM
To the OP.. Don't worry, we're not effectively using all these slots. Most of them are really just self buffs and bolt spells. And you can't train in elemental lores for every single spell so you have to just accept that you will never cast some.

There are good spells, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't call it overpowering to have access to two circles. Also, I don't see why (if it ever did become an issue) they couldn't just make other lists go above the 50 slot if number of spells is a concern.

TommyWill
07-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Ah well,

I guess I didn't really mean that it was that over-powered. Just more in the aspect of having a broader selection.

I don't play a sorcerer or a wizard very often, I have, but not past level 30... So it's not as though I'm rooting for or against either of them for power. It's just more the making sense as to why I'd say that sorcerers should also have the same kind of private versitility. And clerics probrably should too.

But it isn't for power, more about theme for me. Roleplay-wise, I see a wizard as having a huge amount of spells, probrably that nobody else can use. The same goes for clerics and sorcerers. But I was just having a private bitch-fest.. So sorry if i offended anybody.

OP-

Methais
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
YOU BETTER BE SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 1111111111

Rimalon
08-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Crap Wizard spells:

502, 504, 512, 514, 517*, 520, 902, 909, 914, 918.

Bolt spells:

901, 903, 904, 906, 907, 908, 910, 510, 518.

Methais sez, and I concur:

YOU BETTER BE SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 1111111111

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Yeah, cause:

slow - are you kidding me?
ice patch - really... a patch of ice? maybe freeze their legs if you target them but they can still cast and attack you? Please try this at cap.
stone fist - Yeah... neat messaging, capped (low - I recall 140 or 150 topped out) damage though, fun for fucking around with squares, but not so much hunting
charge item - Why bother when you can get a sorcerer to charge a scroll that has more chance of having spells you cannot imbed, MUCH LESS SUCCESSFULLY CHARGE (I fucking hate this nerfed mutha fucka spell)
spell store - I suppose you could store a spell in case something was going to dispell you... but then you couldn't cast...this went the way of the dinosaur when incant was created and prep times disappeared. (I thought this from the website was funny - Often times the outcome of a battle is determined by who can react first. Because the wizard often is hindered by lengthy gestures and chants, Spell Store has become an invaluable first strike weapon.)
meteor storm - Fun, inconsistent in hitting things in the room, also extremely unfriendly to ANYONE hunting in a 9 block of the center of the cast spell
elemental disjunction - mass dispell, doesn't everyone have this? Is it even active yet?
stone skin - for the most part sucks, pures getting hit are typically pures soon to become splatted
temporal reversion - I actually like this spell but the duration blows, and as above, if you are getting hit, you are getting dead soon (since I think this spells activation caps out at 30.15% activation rate). Which most wizards will NOT have til well after post cap.
edge - Useful for when you are helping a n00b in their first three days of existance, after which they can use vultite, lasts a WOPPING TOP END TOTAL of 100 swings
sandstorm - try standing around waiting for a storm to hit something at cap... not too effective against same age critters
weapon fire - another nice delayed "flare" that is really only good for blowing up idiothms, I rarely see it crit a mob
invisibility - Sure, neat spell... that a FUCKING ROLTON can sniff out...
Enchant item - spend 5 months enchanting something to 7x and fail on the last cast for the 7x enchant... then tell me how much you like it (not that failure is bad for me at cap, just 5 months is a long ass time). And PS anyone can enchant, and enchant without failure or enchant things which a mage can't -- PP)

are so desireable.

But I still like being a mage, even if we have a lot of shitty spells.

I have ideas around things to make them better, but why bother? Mage spell dev is just about nil. Kind of like warrior dev.

Rimalon
08-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Hah, man. I forgot about 525 and 915. Pretty bad when the spells suck to such a high degree that I can't even think of them.

Jayvn
08-01-2008, 01:12 PM
L2wizard! hop on the winnar bus (and possible decapitation) or get run over by it.

NocturnalRob
08-01-2008, 01:15 PM
L2wizard! hop on the winnar bus (and possible decapitation) or get run over by it.

if you're gonna go, Go Greyhound!!

Rocktar
08-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah, cause:

charge item - Why bother when you can get a sorcerer to charge a scroll that has more chance of having spells you cannot imbed, MUCH LESS SUCCESSFULLY CHARGE (I fucking hate this nerfed mutha fucka spell)

Oh no, to quote Naos "It is working as intended now"

And then Paul "I just don't see the problem" touting the company line and being a prick, shut the fuck up already, we know you are super imbedder.

Oh, and let's see, yeah Emeredan "You have been warned that disruptive, insulting or offensive posting is against the terms of use, this is your first TAC warning. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me."

Yeah, like e-mailing any of them ever does any good. Almost as much good as writing the complaint on paper, eating it and blowing it out my ass with explosive diarrhea.

Gods I FUCKING HATE NERFS!!!

[/rant]

Sorry, had to be done.

Rocktar/Zaller and a few (soon to be fewer) others.

Methais
08-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh no, to quote Naos "It is working as intended now"

Just because something is working as intended doesn't mean it's fucking worthless. Especially when you look at Simu's track record of intention.

Idiots. Where the hell do the DEV GMs get their logic from anyway?

Drunken Durfin
08-01-2008, 03:40 PM
invisibility - Sure, neat spell... that a FUCKING ROLTON can sniff out...

Totally agree with you there. Invisibility doth suck the big one.

Methais
08-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Invisibility is awesome.

If you're going afk.

LordBacl
08-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Invisibility is awesome. If you're going afk.

Or go around pinching ladies.

Not that I do that.