PDA

View Full Version : Old Style Naginata

xsammaritan
07-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Looking for an old style naginata, the inherently 4x ones that could be e-bladed. Also if some folks could chime in on what the market may be for these, noticed the recent one I got from Tykel was 0x. Thanks.

Al - Kiranor's handler

BriarFox
07-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Looking for an old style naginata, the inherently 4x ones that could be e-bladed. Also if some folks could chime in on what the market may be for these, noticed the recent one I got from Tykel was 0x. Thanks.

Al - Kiranor's handler

As I understand it, there is no difference between old-style and new-style naginatas as far as endroll is concerned: the 4x AS bonus just because a 4x AvD bonus.

thefarmer
07-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Old style could become an 8x flaring weapon with a nice AvD.

Belnia
07-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Old style were halberds with a different noun, and an inherent +20.

New style is the naginata base (which is identical to halberds, but with +20 AvD across the board).

So an ebladed oldstyle or new is still a halberd in terms of DF, and adds +40 to your endroll with a flare chance.

m444w
07-20-2008, 07:52 PM
and newstyle can have that +20, and be 7x also, if you're patient enough to get it enchanted.

xsammaritan
07-20-2008, 10:43 PM
appreciate the lesson all, first time getting my feet wet with pole arm mechanics. So I guess it either boils down to :
old style (inherent x4 with halberd AvD that can be e-bladed to 8x with flares)
or
new style (potentially up to 7x with an increased AvD), can flares be added to the new style naginatas?

BriarFox
07-20-2008, 11:20 PM
appreciate the lesson all, first time getting my feet wet with pole arm mechanics. So I guess it either boils down to :
old style (inherent x4 with halberd AvD that can be e-bladed to 8x with flares)
or
new style (potentially up to 7x with an increased AvD), can flares be added to the new style naginatas?

Yah, just like everything else. A 7x flaring new-style naginata would essentially be an 11x weapon by the old standards. If I were you, though, I'd just go find a vultite naginata, enchant it to 5x, and then pay off a winner of a premie contest to get it flared for you. 9x flaring weapon with a minimum of work on your part.

m444w
07-20-2008, 11:25 PM
If I were you, I'd see if the weaponshop sold imflass ones, the odd enchant is annoying (but the AvD is ridiculously high anyway), but the potential mstrike bonus due to the fact that your naginata is alot lighter might be worth it versus that extra +3 AS... just my own personal opinion on the matter though