PDA

View Full Version : Reallocating... back to OHE!

Hips
01-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Okay guys... I want to switch Michiko back to using OHE. But... as you all know... I'm horrible with numbers and training plans. :)

She's a level 26 Half-Elf. Any input is appreciated. If possible, I want to get her to 2x ohe, and 1x in shield, armor, spell research, spiritual mana control, harness power, perception, and physical training. I'm not sure if I should 1x or 2x in ambushing OR stalking and hiding. I'd like to 1x in dodging and survival too. She also needs 15 ranks of climbing and 5 in swimming. And I should probably get some ranks in CM, too.

So, yeah. Can anyone help me out? I've heard different things from different people, and I'm not sure what I should do.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by GS3 Michiko]

Halfsilver
01-06-2004, 01:58 AM
Why the change in heart? Decided you don't like ranged? Just curious.

Stunseed
01-06-2004, 02:00 AM
Ranged blows. Edged is where it's at.

Love you Jolena!

Hips
01-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Halfsilver

After trying out both, I like edged better. I miss my waraxe, and my DS. Heh.

Edited to add:

I also lose my arrows all over the place, and I don't want to have to deal with mastering fletching... or buying arrows from people, then having them e-bladed.

Kitsun
01-06-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko

Originally posted by Halfsilver

After trying out both, I like edged better. I miss my waraxe, and my DS. Heh.

Edited to add:

I also lose my arrows all over the place, and I don't want to have to deal with mastering fletching... or buying arrows from people, then having them e-bladed.

Well you really don't need master fletched arrows if thats what bugs you. A 4x bow and 4x arrows gives you an 8x attack.

Not sure if you know but if you just grab a small ton of bundles and get them ebladed then put it in your locker. Each bundle of 100 only counts as 1 item.

Hips
01-06-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by KitsunWell you really don't need master fletched arrows if thats what bugs you. A 4x bow and 4x arrows gives you an 8x attack.

Not sure if you know but if you just grab a small ton of bundles and get them ebladed then put it in your locker. Each bundle of 100 only counts as 1 item.

I'd rather just use her 8x waraxe (which has been gathering dust in her locker) and not deal with all that hassle. :smilegrin:

Tsa`ah
01-06-2004, 02:43 AM
If ambush is going to be part of you hunting, I would 1.5 in hiding and ambush until you can 2x.

I also would not neglect CM or dodge.

Shalla
01-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Ambush sucks now.

StrayRogue
01-06-2004, 07:14 AM
No it doesn't. This moaning I find everyday is unfounded and often very ignorant of the situation.

Anyway, back to the problem, do the following without fail, each level:
2x Edged
2x Hide
1x CM
1x Armor
1x HP
1x Shield
1x Dodge
1x Spell
1x Perception
1x Ambush
1x PT
.5x Climb & Swim

The above will craft you an all round decent (though cookie cutter) ranger.

Several things you could do is 1.5x or 1x Hide (I'd not recommend it, but with Camo, it can be possible), and drop down to .5x HP and PT for even more points.

Spells are entirely up to you, though I'd be tempted to go up all in Rangers, so that at thirty I could get AC.

Tsa`ah
01-06-2004, 07:25 AM
I feel like an idiot. Ranger's can't double in ambush.

I do agree with Stay on the training path with the exception of hide.

Colors, sneaking, and camo are sort of our "out" from having to 2x to be effective. 1x or 1.5x is sufficient. Use what's left over for MIU and MC.

I still haven't puzzled most things out with the new system, so don't hold me to the advice.

StrayRogue
01-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Well, you can effectively 1x hide if you want. Camo auto hides you which is what you need the skill for IF you are ambushing. I mean I am doubled in Hide and if the critter has a chance to search, I will get spotted most of the time. However, I have a nasty feeling that when the new stealth mechanics do come out it will be rank based.

Oh, and rangers can 2x ambush, its just a bit expensive ;)

Tsa`ah
01-06-2004, 07:41 AM
This changed with GS4?

I haven't even logged on the ranger since November.

StrayRogue
01-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Yup, they can 2x it at a singling cost of 2/3.

01-06-2004, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't drop below 1x PT. Its the major factor in Semi-dux. For a ranger 1x ambush is more than enough and depending on how far you plan on going you can get away with 1.5 hiding.

StrayRogue
01-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Yeah, PT is the primary Redux skill now. How much redux are rangers seeing now though? I mean I've heard of very people (warriors and rogues) with 'dux over 60% these days. Its not like you can .5x PT either and double dodge either.

01-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Well, my ranger at lvl 33 has 10% semiu dux and thats with over 1x spells.

Anebriated
01-06-2004, 10:40 AM
whats the formula for Semidux now? anyone know?

CrystalTears
01-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Is reallocation still available?

Anebriated
01-06-2004, 11:08 AM
You have 5 reallocation attempts until a year from your first one i believe. The skill 'goals' has been changed so that you can no longer use it with a short migration time. So yes, it is still available.

CrystalTears
01-06-2004, 11:27 AM
A year?! Sweet! Thanks.

Anebriated
01-06-2004, 12:53 PM
If you check in to a trainer i believe it will tell you how long you have left as well as how many rellocation attempts you have... Not 100% sure though

Hips
01-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Okay, question...

When I went to reallocate back to a OHE-user, and Michiko checked in at the Inn, it said:

99. Reallocate all Stats and Skills (you have 4 reallocation options (and one 'special' profession only) left)

Your reallocation period will expire on 7/22/2011 at 14:41:03 CST.

That makes sense to me, because I only reallocated once... when GS4 went live. However... when I type '99' to reallocate, it tells me this: "Sorry, you've exceeded the four week reallocation window."

What does that mean? If I have 5 chances left to reallocate, why is it telling me that I've exceeded the window? :?:

CrystalTears
01-06-2004, 04:04 PM
See, that's what I wanted to know. From my understanding it was only to be a month to allow reallocation, so I never took notice of the date it had when you checked in because it had a date of 2011 like Michiko pointed out.

If reallocation is no longer available, they need to take that option away when you check in, or allow it to continue. But having it there and not being able to is just wrong. Big tease!

Bobmuhthol
01-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Simu already said you have one month to reallocate. That would be why. They just never removed the opportunity when the month was over.

Anebriated
01-06-2004, 04:46 PM
yep, i was wrong, just tried to reallocate and wasnt able to.