PDA

View Full Version : KoToR MMO

kookiegod
07-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Knights of the Old Republic is going to be massive

Well after hundreds of hours of speculation about what Lucas and Bioware were working on for the next installment of the Knights of the Old Republic series it has been confirmed by EA cheif executive John Riccitiello that it will in fact be an MMO.

According to an interview posted on Portfolio.com: "We've got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development," said Riccitiello. The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. "And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it."

Does Riccitiello mean the oft rumored Knights of the Old Republic Online? "Yes," he said.

Apparently Riccitiello and EA had looked into the World of Warcraft series, but Vivendi didn't have the money to come in and take control over EA and Riccitiello wasn't going to give it up. Regardless of that though take it to the bank the next KOTR will be an MMO.

Rockin'!

~Paul

Renian
07-18-2008, 01:36 PM
You know HeroEngine is what's being used to make it, right Khal?

RichardCranium
07-18-2008, 01:37 PM
WoW AoC KILLAH

Renian
07-18-2008, 01:44 PM
WoW AoC KILLAH

What will be amusing as hell is if it came out before HJ, and crushed it with its own engine :P.

fallenSaint
07-18-2008, 02:23 PM
What will be amusing as hell is if it came out before HJ, and crushed it with its own engine :P.

HJ isnt coming out ever...

Renian
07-18-2008, 02:26 PM
HJ isnt coming out ever...

Which will still cause the "amusing as hell" scenario.

I'm honestly interested in the game engine more than anything. If BioWare uses HJ's engine to its full potential, then this game will be more win than HJ could ever hope to be. Mostly because of lightsabers.

Sean of the Thread
07-18-2008, 02:43 PM
I remember playing my way Kotor the first time and thinking... man this would make a great MMO since they FUCKED SWG up so bad.

fallenSaint
07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Which will still cause the "amusing as hell" scenario.

I'm honestly interested in the game engine more than anything. If BioWare uses HJ's engine to its full potential, then this game will be more win than HJ could ever hope to be. Mostly because of lightsabers.

Bioware is capable of making solitare fun at this point Im almost certain.

I remember playing my way Kotor the first time and thinking... man this would make a great MMO since they FUCKED SWG up so bad.

And yes I've been tweaking for this game since effin SOE thrashed me with SWG. /sadpanda

Makkah
07-18-2008, 08:17 PM

Yes... it'll be funny to watch Simutronics [Whatley] laugh all the way to the bank...

Renian
07-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Yes... it'll be funny to watch Simutronics [Whatley] laugh all the way to the bank...

His payout probably won't be as big if KOTOR MMO > HJ. That's the real point.

Warriorbird
07-18-2008, 09:52 PM
He makes money off a lot of folks either way.

Makkah
07-19-2008, 01:05 AM
His payout probably won't be as big if KOTOR MMO > HJ. That's the real point.

While HJ looks pretty cool, I don't believe anyone EVER believed it would be on the level of the upper tier of MMO's which undoubtedly any MMO Bioware created would be.

I think you're reaching here. Simutronics will take (and has already taken) HE to the bank.

100% Wool
07-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Who else has/will be using the HJ Engine?

Poppatrunk
07-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah well I don't care what kind of engine is, to me K.O.T.O.R, the 1st one at least was one of the THE best games on the orginal xbox I wish they made more games like...

anyway to me this seems like it has a legitmate shot at really surpassing wow as the big dawg, it may take a while and it's not like there can't be two but c'mon it FUCKING LIGHTSABERS AND THE DARK SIDE AND ASSASIN DROIDS!

MEATBAG!
________
DEMEROL REHAB FORUM (http://www.rehab-forum.com/demerol-rehab/)

Methais
07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Yes... it'll be funny to watch Simutronics [Whatley] laugh all the way to his coke dealer...

Fixed.

Makkah
07-25-2008, 01:25 AM
Not that I condone drugs, but what does it matter what he does with the money he makes off a buncha nerds?

He laughs all the way to the bank/stock broker/drug dealer/therapist/transexual surgeon/whorehouse/etc.

Methais
07-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Not that I condone drugs, but what does it matter what he does with the money he makes off a buncha nerds?

He laughs all the way to the bank/stock broker/drug dealer/therapist/transexual surgeon/whorehouse/etc.

His bugged out eyes make me laugh and it reminds me of Total Recall whenever I see a pic of him.