PDA

View Full Version : Fixin my archer

flipmod3
07-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Half-elf archer, 25. Is voln now, used to be a combat rogue. Figured I'de give archery a shot.

Level 0 Stats for Half-Elf Rogue

Strength (STR): 90
Constitution (CON): 60
Dexterity (DEX): 90
Agility (AGI): 90
Discipline (DIS): 70
Aura (AUR): 70
Logic (LOG): 50
Intuition (INT): 50
Wisdom (WIS): 60
Influence (INF): 30

(at level 25), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 154 54
Combat Maneuvers...................| 108 26
Ranged Weapons.....................| 154 54
Ambush.............................| 154 54
Physical Fitness...................| 108 26
Dodging............................| 154 54
Stalking and Hiding................| 154 54
Perception.........................| 180 80
Climbing...........................| 108 26
Swimming...........................| 108 26

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 6
Training Points: 120 Phy 0 Mnt (2 Phy converted to Mnt)

Just screwing around with points atm(still has instant skillgain/loss.) Not sure what the best route for an archer is in terms of which spells to get, if any..what armor to stop at..etc.

Any pointers are appreciated

Jaimaltz
07-17-2008, 08:40 PM
You could cut back on climb/swim quite a bit, you really don't need more than 15 swimming ranks for maelstrom bay or anything else at that level, and 20 climbing is plenty for now. You should pick up some harness power for mana, and perhaps some magic item use if you have your own wizard/sorc to imbed stuff or just some arcane symbols to throw a random spell up once in a while and help you get into the broken lands.

Other than that, your training plan looks halfway decent. What'd you get for combat maneuvers?

kookiegod
07-17-2008, 09:11 PM
I posted this on the officials in a thread discussing archer training.

My archer is a bit different than many, but very successful.

>There really is no way to train an archer wrong, so long as you do 2x Ranged, 2x Dodge, 2x Perception. Everything else is up to you really.

True enuff.

I play an archer that trains not at all in stalk and hide, and got into heavy armor and upped my magical skills for imbeds and a few high end magical toys along with guild skills to prone and then fire.

(at level 43), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 180 80
Combat Maneuvers...................| 145 45
Ranged Weapons.....................| 190 90
Ambush.............................| 190 90
Physical Fitness...................| 145 45
Dodging............................| 190 90
Arcane Symbols.....................| 138 39
Magic Item Use.....................| 120 30
Harness Power......................| 90 20
Disarming Traps....................| 190 90
Picking Locks......................| 190 90
Perception.........................| 190 90
Climbing...........................| 105 25
Swimming...........................| 70 15

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 3

Your Combat Maneuver training is as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Specialization I wspec1 5
Combat Mobility mobility 1

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 10

You are a Master of Sweep.

You are a Master of Cheap Shot.

I plan to get 404 (which I did get today), then just put excess points into perception and CM for more skills to play with, likely stunman, since I hate doing that work in the guild. Probably move to some plate in the future if I can find anything worth it thats better than my current chain hauberk.

Just another take on rogue archer training. I always have haste imbeds, and other spells that I can grab and imbed from friends, and a nice collection of scrolls.

Never not have combat mobility, that one rank is like manna from heaven, saved my backside more times than I can count.

~Paul

flipmod3
07-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Haven't gotten anything yet.

Jaimaltz
07-17-2008, 09:44 PM
If you're willing to do some guild work, sweep, stunman, and cheapshots all have their uses, and let you spend your cm points on other stuff. Combat mobility and wspec are nice (wspec to arrows, not your bow), and if you plan to snipe shadow mastery can be useful too. Getting ewave will also be really nice once you have the TP's for it. For general mischief, nothing beats being able to groin kick people in town. :P

flipmod3
07-17-2008, 11:07 PM
How are my stats looking? I'de like to be able to shoot a bow as quick as possible - I think that means pumping up CON a bit, yes?

SolitareConfinement
07-17-2008, 11:57 PM
How are my stats looking? I'de like to be able to shoot a bow as quick as possible - I think that means pumping up CON a bit, yes?

strength is what sets your RT with a bow, so later on in your career, learn surge of strength, kind of nice firing a long bow at 3 sec RT without haste...and if you snipe using a long bow with strengths and surge of strength on i personally snipe aiming at 3 seconds which is nice...however if it were me, id set the stats for more growth based on those level 0's id say by your current level you have 3 100's already which makes for decent TP's now but might end up hurting somewhat in the future...its why my AG work with my rogue is for nothing but a fixstat potion because at 82 he could really use it as his higher level stats are pretty wonky....he's a VERY effective hunter but i think he could be a lot better with a fixstat potion

Jaimaltz
07-18-2008, 12:05 AM

Speed firing a bow is entirely dependent on your strength bonus and the type of bow you use. I find if you don't have enough to shoot a long bow in 3 seconds, use a composite bow as it's actually slightly better than a long bow against leather and scale (same damage factors, but slightly better AvD), and almost as good against chain and plate.

Basically you get 1 second off your firing time for every 10 strength bonus. The wizard spell strength helps out a lot in this regard because it adds 15 to it. So if you're strength bonus is 25 (the max a half-elf can do without enhancives) and you get strength cast on you, you have an effective 40 bonus and get four seconds off your swing instead of two. The surge of strength maneuver also helps, but it's only a temporary bonus with a cooldown period that hard to keep up constantly, so you can't always count on having it running.

4 seconds is enough to shoot an aimed composite bow from the open in 3 seconds, that's what I aim for with my archers.

Con does nothing for your firing speed. Other stats that affect things are dexterity for your attack strength and discipline for your aiming accuracy. The spell disarm enhance, 404 also helps you aim, but it's so annoying to stack a decent duration of it, I don't bother.

Gan
07-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Armor Use..........................| 130 35
Combat Maneuvers...................| 220 120
Ranged Weapons.....................| 282 182
Ambush.............................| 235 135
Physical Fitness...................| 190 90
Dodging............................| 280 180
Arcane Symbols.....................| 50 10
Magic Item Use.....................| 66 14
Harness Power......................| 120 30
Disarming Traps....................| 340 240
Picking Locks......................| 340 240
Stalking and Hiding................| 340 240
Perception.........................| 329 229
Climbing...........................| 130 35
Swimming...........................| 130 35
Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 10

Currently upping perception - since its a little low.
In the skill of fletching, you are a highly skilled laborer with 493 ranks.
Armor = FGB
5x bow with 5x arrows with arrowheads. (10x)

Strength (STR): 83 (21) ... 83 (21)
Constitution (CON): 73 (11) ... 56 (3)
Dexterity (DEX): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Agility (AGI): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Discipline (DIS): 95 (22) ... 95 (22)
Aura (AUR): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Logic (LOG): 95 (27) ... 95 (27)
Intuition (INT): 86 (23) ... 86 (23)
Wisdom (WIS): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Influence (INF): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)

Need to get some STR enhancives to lower my bow RT.

Shadow Mastery smastery 5
Dirtkick dirtkick 3
Specialization I wspec1 3 (arrows)
Combat Mobility mobility 2
Surge of Strength surge 5
Cutthroat cutthroat 3
Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 7

266 rank Guild Master of the Rogue Guild.
Master of Sweep.
Master of Stun Maneuvers.
Master of Rogue Gambits.
over 30 ranks in cheapshot and lockmastery
under 30 ranks in subdue (waste of time if you ask me)

Use this for what you will.

g++
07-18-2008, 08:55 AM
I will say one thing about Gan's training plan, if your an idiot(like me) and sometimes have trouble getting spells it might be nice to wear plate. I dont know how he hunts OTF in brig without tearing his hair out. Plate has saved my ass like 100 times and i think you could easily trade some dodge ranks to get into it.

Gan also gave my rogue pointers when he fixed into a bow user and he hunts OTF fine now following that basic plan though.

Gan
07-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I will say one thing about Gan's training plan, if your an idiot(like me) and sometimes have trouble getting spells it might be nice to wear plate. I dont know how he hunts OTF in brig without tearing his hair out. Plate has saved my ass like 100 times and i think you could easily trade some dodge ranks to get into it.

Gan also gave my rogue pointers when he fixed into a bow user and he hunts OTF fine now following that basic plan though.

I miss the viability of wearing mbp. In higher end areas its a godsend. I could get wailed on with physical attacks and survive long enough to stunman move a room or GTFO if I couldnt hide. My trick there now is never ever be out of hiding except for quickly picking up loot or gathering arrows. They cant hit what they dont see.

If I were ever to go back to mbp I would probably drop my magic ranks down to 407 (for picking) because of plate's shitty hindrance (until I could get enough ranks to offset it).

I've got Gan in the landing currently hunting Illoke Jarls and such. Other than their shitty manuever rolls - he does ok. I'm still trying to recover his CON from when I bought him back. :( And yes I've killed Gan a few times just getting used to hunting a high end rogue again.

For now I think having 410 totally offsets being in plate. Nothing like getting swarmed and being able to knock them all on their ass while you're trying to regroup or re-hide.

Deathravin
07-18-2008, 09:57 AM
(at level 34), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 172 72 2x
Ranged Weapons.....................| 172 72 2x
Physical Fitness...................| 132 36 1x
Dodging............................| 172 72 2x
Harness Power......................| 45 9
Disarming Traps....................| 208 108 3x
Picking Locks......................| 172 72 2x (3x)
Perception.........................| 208 108 3x
Climbing...........................| 50 10
Swimming...........................| 70 15

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 4
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

2x picking is really 3x, it's 2x but I have saved points to go to 3x whenever I want - So when I master LM I bump up to 3.

Here's my problem... I don't know what to train in now...

Opt A) I know that at 51 I can have full 2x ambush and 2x hiding, and at 67 I can have 3x hiding... BUT that's a long way off... and for 17 levels I'll be pretty useless at hiding ranged (and 2x hiding always sucked for sniping for me anyway)

Opt B) I could go and do CM, and have 18 now and 76 ranks by level 50... BUT Well... I went sunfist, and I don't know if I regret it yet or not...

I have a decent script that basically keeps this on me the whole time I hunt:
Concentration (+5 mana regen - 10 minute refresh - 0 mana, 30 stamina)
Mending (+ health regen, 3 second herbs - 10 minute refresh - 10 mana, 15 stamina)
Offense (+20 AS - 5 minute refresh - 5 mana, 5 stamina)
Power (+25 Mana - whenever my Stamina is >60 and my mana is 10 or below - 0 mana, 50 stamina)
(and the kicker)
Major Bane (+10 AS, +Heavy Crit Wieghting - 1 minute refresh - 10 mana, 10 stamina).

and all that sigiling leaves me with basically 0 stamina and mana while I hunt as it is, so what would I use my CM for? Would more mana help? It might...

Opt C) I could go whole hog and get spells have 6 spells now and 13 by the time I'm 50... But I wear MBP, so what's the point? 90% hinderance means I can't do a whole hell of a lot...

Opt D) I could go with AS and MIU, and have 5 and 16 now, and 52 and 30 by 50... But I'm in Plat, so what would I do with it? I have some friends that would imbed for me, but I hardly use it as it is... I suppose I could combine C and D and make my own imbeds, that'd be fun, but it wouldn't be til like level 80.

Opt E) Go other skills, pickingpockets, Survival, Trading etc...

Opt F) Ask PC what to do... LOL

I'm so lost...

Bottom line: I'm in sunfist, and I'll stay in it, I worked too fucking hard to go to COL now so CM is basically out. I LOVE MBP, I won't get out of it, so I guess spells are out. I don't see scrolls enough to make them worthwhile and imbeds really suck (4 casts of something... pretty lame if you ask me).

I guess since there's no other real options, I'll just do the hiding/ambush route and throw in enough CM for surge and shadow mastery in case I ever have enough Stamina to use them. Probably finish it up with some more mana...

Gan
07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Bottom line: I'm in sunfist, and I'll stay in it, I worked too fucking hard to go to COL now so CM is basically out. I LOVE MBP, I won't get out of it, so I guess spells are out. I don't see scrolls enough to make them worthwhile and imbeds really suck (4 casts of something... pretty lame if you ask me).

I guess since there's no other real options, I'll just do the hiding/ambush route and throw in enough CM for surge and shadow mastery in case I ever have enough Stamina to use them. Probably finish it up with some more mana...

Based on that, I'd recommend taking MnE to 407 (for picking) since that will be an important focus. Find a nice set of padded MBP and follow your last train of thought here.

Get 12 to 15 ranks of AS for scarabs (cap goal would be 24 ranks). Same with MIU - since you'll want the option of throwing up a ruby amulet (for non-spell burst areas) when you need that added DS to stay alive).

Continue to add to CM ranks, work on fletching if you're going to continue to be an archer (good exp. to add to training and other benefits).

And of course - guild skills. Work that guild for LM, Gambits (handy to do things and remain hidden), then the others as you see fit.

My thoughts...

kookiegod
07-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Cool plan Gan, gives me hope for a lot of secondary skills as my archer gets older, surprised really you can do all that, but rockin'.

I'd agree about the plate, but i'd have to find something niftier than my 8x mcp hauberk myself, its one reason I put so much emphasis on magic skills, is having a lot of nice toys, imbeds, scrolls, so that I simply don't get hit.

Hiding is another thing I just don't do, bores me, i'd rather get an extra shot or two in, than the RT from hiding.

<shrug>

~Paul

Gan
07-18-2008, 01:22 PM
I love hiding with the rogue. I was hooked the first time I was hunting in the sewers and saw an arrow fly out of the shadows and nail a rat in the eye.

It just took me forever to convince myself to change (well, being granted fixskills was the first step since I could recover if it was a total screwup).

SolitareConfinement
07-18-2008, 02:36 PM
basically to give another little point of view this is my rogue...building with each level he gains to spell tank if hes caught in the open...but he is a sniper because Gan said it perfectly, the creatures can't hit what they can't see...unless the spell they prep is major e-wave then yeah they can most of the time lawl. but as i said before his stats are kind of wonky right now but his training plan suits me perfectly. mastering gambits was awesome for the shadows simply because of stealth get....i tend to only hunt with 10-15 arrows so when i run out its nice to get those things without popping from hiding

info
>Name: XXXX XXXX Race: Dwarf Profession: Rogue (shown as: Bounty Hunter)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 100 (35) ... 100 (35)
Constitution (CON): 92 (36) ... 92 (36)
Dexterity (DEX): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Agility (AGI): 100 (20) ... 100 (20)
Discipline (DIS): 96 (33) ... 96 (33)
Aura (AUR): 87 (8) ... 87 (8)
Logic (LOG): 92 (26) ... 92 (26)
Intuition (INT): 83 (16) ... 83 (16)
Wisdom (WIS): 93 (21) ... 93 (21)
Influence (INF): 55 (-8) ... 55 (-8)
Mana: 72 Silver: 0

>skills base
XXXX (at level 82), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks Goals In-Game Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 180 80 80
Combat Maneuvers...................| 211 111 111
Ranged Weapons.....................| 268 168 168
Ambush.............................| 241 141 141
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 70 15 15
Physical Fitness...................| 184 84 84
Dodging............................| 237 137 137
Arcane Symbols.....................| 105 25 25
Magic Item Use.....................| 105 25 25
Harness Power......................| 99 23 23
Disarming Traps....................| 310 210 210
Picking Locks......................| 312 212 212
Stalking and Hiding................| 289 189 189
Perception.........................| 270 170 170
Climbing...........................| 130 35 35
Swimming...........................| 145 45 45
Pickpocketing......................| 90 20 20

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 6 6

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 1 1
Training Points: 138 Phy 0 Mnt (366 Phy converted to Mnt)

currently in OTF spellburst he can wear 401, 406, 414, 503, 509, 101, 107, 103, 601 and small statue (which doesn't count obviously) and in offensive stance with 4xmbp he has a 334-350 DS depending on the room **roll eyes**

the reason im getting spells is for defense so that all i have to do is ask a friend for 503 and 509 basically...makes things a lot simpler and viable to hunt when said friends are not around ;) one thing i've been to lazy to do though is drop my MOC as an archer and trade it for either ambush ranks or another spell. but this training plan for me works awesome so hopefully it helps for your future

kookiegod
07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Obviously, my archer is 1/2 your ages, so maybe I don't understand the 'need' to hide, perhaps I will come to that, but it took me years to get to 41, and I'm not advancing that fast, i might hit 50 before the end of the year...

Maybe...

Right now, the build works for me, and its fun, and I like all the toys I got, I can go nutso on AS with the magic items I own and have access to, and the like, get my AS nearly to 400 if I push it.

I'm also hunting on Teras, and mud wasps, sand devils, and siren lizards are overgrown roltons, only thing that injures him is the sandstorms.

~Paul

Gan
07-18-2008, 03:05 PM
I hated the spikethorn from fireshoot/firethorn thingys in the devil area. Thats the only time I ever died in that area.

The Archer
07-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Half-elf archer, 25. Is voln now, used to be a combat rogue. Figured I'de give archery a shot.

(at level 25), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks

Spell Lists

Just screwing around with points atm(still has instant skillgain/loss.) Not sure what the best route for an archer is in terms of which spells to get, if any..what armor to stop at..etc.

The first thing I noticed is that you are tripled in perception. That's a waste if you aren't also going to do boxes. Perception only adds 1 AS for every four ranks in it, up to 2x your training, once you pass 40 ranks in it. I'd drop the triple down to 2x. That would free up a load of points.

kookiegod
07-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Perception does add to your AIM success.

From the GS website...

In combat, the Perception skill provides a bonus to strike at an AIMed body location on a specified target. This skill also provides an attack strength (AS) bonus for ranged attacks and a defense strength (DS) bonus for users of missile weapons.

~Paul

The Archer
07-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Perception does add to your AIM success.

From the GS website...

In combat, the Perception skill provides a bonus to strike at an AIMed body location on a specified target. This skill also provides an attack strength (AS) bonus for ranged attacks and a defense strength (DS) bonus for users of missile weapons.

~Paul

I understand that. Ask any ranger that can only double in perception. Personally I don't see where it makes much of a difference. I have a triple perception trained rogue (locksmith as well) a double perception rogue (fully tripled in hiding, double dodge, double cman and double HP) and a double perception ranger. All hit what they aim at. I see very little difference between them as far as hitting eyes. What difference there is probably isn't enough to justify tripling in perception, unless you also pick. I believe eye crits are easier to get the older you get. You don't need the triple in perception to be a great shot. Those points from triple training could be better used elsewhere, like stalk and hide or cmans.

kookiegod
07-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I don't disagree with you...

Was just posting the rationale behind it. :)

Anyways, yah, I'd agree the points be spent elsewhere, now that I got 404, i'm going to spend my spare points now on additional arcane symbols (scroll duration since I got this cool item that uses it), more CM for additional CMANs, more PF for DFredux, and perhaps as Gan suggested, go to 410 (though I bought back the ewave fal cause i'm moving to the volcano and the swams there are crazy)...so i need some more Harness Power to power the thing.

There is no bad way to train a rogue archer really, matter of style as long as you got the basics of ranged, ambush, perception, dodge...

~Paul

Widgets
07-18-2008, 08:02 PM
I'll post Widget's build in here shortly, along with stats etc...Most the people here who do post training are those who also know what they are talking about.

I know Paul has been an Archer for as long as I likely have been, and even Ganalon (Gan) has been an Archer for quite a while as well. Both are excellent resources to utilize and I too am always willing to help out fellow archers convert to the dark side ;)

Ok, maybe I'll post mine when I can actually load into the game. Right now I can't even load up the website since our internet here is being odd for some reason heh

Widgets
07-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Widgets (at level 23), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 130 35
Combat Maneuvers...................| 93 21
Ranged Weapons.....................| 150 50
Ambush.............................| 150 50
Physical Fitness...................| 150 50
Dodging............................| 150 50
Harness Power......................| 54 11
Stalking and Hiding................| 150 50
Perception.........................| 150 50
Climbing...........................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 7

Strength (STR): 67 (-7) ... 67 (-7)
Constitution (CON): 67 (18) ... 67 (18)
Dexterity (DEX): 92 (31) ... 92 (31)
Agility (AGI): 96 (33) ... 96 (33)
Discipline (DIS): 75 (7) ... 75 (7)
Aura (AUR): 74 (17) ... 74 (17)
Logic (LOG): 87 (28) ... 87 (28)
Intuition (INT): 81 (20) ... 81 (20)
Wisdom (WIS): 63 (6) ... 63 (6)
Influence (INF): 36 (-12) ... 36 (-12)

Fires his Crossbow in 2 seconds Unaimed in the Open, Cocks it in 3 seconds.

AS as of now, at Rank 9 in GoS with Sigil of Offense and Minor Bane is 263. That's without master fletched arrows as well.

My main goal is to make him as self viable as he can be..I would like to work up to 414 at the MINIMUM then 107, but it's going to take me quite a while to get him at the build I want him at. But so far he's doing fine where he is without all the bells and whistles of MIU/AS etc

Gan
07-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Nice build for a pure hunter/archer.

Going to keep him in brig or go heavier on armor?

*Looks like you're going to go heavier on spells - brig is your choice.

**Let me know what you think about a baseline comparison between GoS and CoL. I'd be interested in changing if I thought the benefits were greater than what I currently have as a master CoL.

Widgets
07-19-2008, 12:58 PM

Yup Gan, though I'm kinda kicking myself in the head right now for selling off my 7x HCP Brig. Armor is the only thing Widget's needs right now...So I'm pondering the thought of buying a set of FGB to hold him over, cause right now he's in plain old 4x brig. Here's a snapshot of the guy too since I'm bored right now...He'll be 24 soon enough hopefully since my gift kicked in and I only have 17k till. I wanna hit 25 so I can start using my fletchings and putting some homemade arrows to good use.

Forgot to mention too that at some point, I'd like to pick up 5 ranks in wspec and probably 5 in disarm, though I'm not stressed over it now since he's very young still and has a high enough AS to begin with.

You fire a wooden heavy crossbow bolt at a jungle troll chieftain!
AS: +263 vs DS: +146 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +74 = +216
... and hit for 68 points of damage!
Attack punctures the eye and connects with something really vital!
[You have earned enough recognition points to be eligible for promotion.]
The troll chieftain snarls his defiance before collapsing and going still.
A jungle troll chieftain seems to lose an aura of confidence.
A jungle troll chieftain seems to lose some dexterity.
The light blue glow leaves a jungle troll chieftain.
A jungle troll chieftain returns to normal color.
The heavy crossbow bolt sticks in a jungle troll chieftain's left eye!
Roundtime: 2 sec.

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Specialization I wspec1 2
Combat Mobility mobility 2

Widgets
07-19-2008, 01:05 PM

**Let me know what you think about a baseline comparison between GoS and CoL. I'd be interested in changing if I thought the benefits were greater than what I currently have as a master CoL.

For an Archer, I believe that GoS is the way to go if you look at things for the mechanical aspect. Being able to regenerate health while firing with rank 2 wounds and such can be crucial.

With CoL, staunching is very nice...But it's not much help if you just got that wound with a belled mind and don't carry herbs etc to eat. With GoS, you can pop up the sigil and ignore those wound penalties.

I specifically went with GoS for those reasons along with a few others. I have 79 stamina currently and constantly run Sigil Offense, Defense and Minor Bane with no loss in Stamina. But that's because as an Archer I don't need Surge of Strength and still don't have smastery or dirtkick.

With 2 ranks in Mobility, I stand pretty much everytime I'm swung at kneeling, and with a swarm I still have yet to lose all my stamina. The lowest I've seen it go to with about 5 critters in the room at once was low 30's...I tend to regen my stamina quicker before it all expends.

As of now, I say GoS > CoL at my age etc..However being capped may just be a different story. But the ability to enter a warcamp almost anywhere with like-level critters would make gaining Post Cap TPs a bit easier than constantly hunting in those other areas where they don't have GoS Hated enemies to gain the full benefits of sigils from.

But shooting a HCW, Lightning Flaring bolt at a hated enemy, is very nice..

flipmod3
07-19-2008, 04:21 PM
What'de you think of my build/stats, Widgets?

I think your type is what i'de be trying to shoot for.

Widgets
07-19-2008, 05:24 PM

| Bonus Ranks

Spell Lists

I'm not a huge guru with Stats, but I'd personally have dropped strength a tad by maybe 5-10 points and increase either Logic or Intuition.

I'd definitely lower your Climbing and Swimming..Maybe 15 ranks each is all you'll need for a good bit of time. 26 is overkill in each. Perception, I'd simply stick with 2x myself in that as well. Armor Use, well I wanted to just stick with Brigandine so I stopped at 35 ranks to get the lowest possible MnE hindrence I can have with the armor type...So if you go brig, 54 ranks is way too much.

Everything else looks good, I don't know if you pasted what CMANs you have trained or not, but if you use a bow, I wouldn't stress over alot. Don't bother with mfire especially. Some you may wanna look into are Surge of Strength, Disarm, Dirtkick, Shadow Mastery, weapon spec, and maybe the TD increasing one or what not.

All in all, the plan now is good off, with the exception of having too many ranks in the things mentioned for instance.

Like I said, me personally. I'm shooting for getting all my spell ranks as fast as I can, so other secondary skills and CMANs are on my backburner...Like MIU.

You also have No Harness Power, which is greatly needed if you wanna be more magical than not. Those ranks will directly add to your Max Mana and Mana Regen. Right now, with my stats at 11 ranks in HP, I'm walking around with 38 mana.

So if you drop perception to 2x, you should be able to pick up those lost HP ranks for sure.