PDA

View Full Version : Too much affection?!

DeV
01-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Is there such a thing as showing too much affection when you are with your fiance/or significant other in game and you kiss publicly?

Wezas
01-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Depends on the persons involved, and also depends on the crowd.

If the person you're with feels the same way about PDA's that you do, then I don't see it being a problem.... unless... the crowd you're in isn't a group of friends of if someone gets annoyed or is uneasy around them.

Example:

If I see someone using "act" to suck on someone's earlobe, or kissing them all over, or laying down on the ground sucking face in a public place.... I'm going to make a gagging noise. It's not appropriate. Take it elsewhere or among friends who don't mind.

DeV
01-05-2004, 02:04 PM
I agree in alot of ways...Its easy to say theres nothing wrong with it if your doing it with your fiance or significant other. But then when you see two other people doing it and seeing how annoying it can be to a certain point, you have to wonder..do I look that foolish when I do it?

Miss X
01-05-2004, 02:07 PM
YES! I hate it when I'm sitting there seing people kissing each others necks and stuff. Get a room dammit, thats what they are there for!
Chica and Ezre smooch and stuff in public, but never the full on kissing neck stuff, I mean who wants or needs to see that in public?

CrystalTears
01-05-2004, 02:10 PM
I don't mind seeing a kiss here, a snuggle there. What I don't like is when a couple does an action every 2-3 minutes. Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean that you have to be the snuggle/cuddle/smother type all day and night.

Sometimes they'll do actions at the same time, which is cute. But when you see the guy snuggle her, and then she snuggles him, and he kisses her, then she kisses him, and then she leans on him, and he cuddles her, all in the course of a minute, I really feel like smacking them both upside the head. One kiss/snuggle/cuddle is enough. Hell I'm affectionate and even in public I can't stand to be THAT romantical. There's a time and place for that degree of affection.

CrystalTears
01-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
Chica and Ezre smooch and stuff in public, but never the full on kissing neck stuff, I mean who wants or needs to see that in public?

Whew! It's a good thing my halfling didn't finish hooking up with Ezre. She hates affection.

Czeska
01-05-2004, 02:12 PM
I think using ANY verb over and over can get annoying.

{edited cause I can't type}

My favorite "snuggle" type action is to <cover> the person while sitting and lean back. It shows me scooting in front of them, and leaning back (against them). I think it's cute, without being slobbery.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Czeska]

Wezas
01-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

Originally posted by Miss X

Whew! It's a good thing my halfling didn't finish hooking up with Ezre. She hates affection.

So no home run. He at least get to 3rd base? :smilegrin:

HouseofElves
01-09-2004, 11:58 PM
I think there is a certain level of affection, greeting and parting smooches or hugs are great. But when they are full on making out, I mean I have seen some interesting acts about rubbing thighs and sucking earlobes, or she hugs, then he hugs, she kisses his ear, then he kisses her ear, etc. Enough already. Have a little tact and take it to a latched room, or be a little sly about it and have some fun in whispers. There is such thing as too much out in the open.

Zeyrin
01-10-2004, 12:01 AM
I think everyone that feels the need to kiss and such should get a room. But then, my cleric is a cold hearted bastard. After the couple would get a room, he'd bitch about not being able to watch.

Linor
01-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold
I agree in alot of ways...Its easy to say theres nothing wrong with it if your doing it with your fiance or significant other. But then when you see two other people doing it and seeing how annoying it can be to a certain point, you have to wonder..do I look that foolish when I do it?

The answer is yes, yes you do. ;)

CrystalTears
01-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by CrystalTears

So no home run. He at least get to 3rd base? :smilegrin:

He was only up to bat. He didn't get a chance to swing. :D

Betheny
01-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Is there such a thing as showing too much affection when you are with your fiance/or significant other in game and you kiss publicly?

Yes.

Would you do that kind of shit IRL in front of crowds of strangers?

HouseofElves
01-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Maimara

Only if they were tossing silver dollars, I mean, I am a lady and all.

Xcalibur
01-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Ahhh... affection in fron of crowd is VERY often a way to fight your unsecurity, i'm sure it's that in gemstone too :)

private = good
public = bad

Jolena
01-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Haha, says the man with a sig showing the public world a private room that Klaive and Teeo were in lol Ironic? I think so.

Halfsilver
01-13-2004, 08:40 PM
I agree, Jolena.

But, then again, we all already knew that Xcalibur was a little 'off'.

Nakiro
01-13-2004, 09:09 PM

Yes.

See Wezas avatar an answer.

Nakiro

Overlord
01-13-2004, 09:15 PM
I don't get when my ex had issues with me squeezing her ass or giving her a light fondle in public....I mean come on!! Not like i was doing it constantly or in front of EVERYONE...well there was this one time at blockbuster video.......anyway!

Weedmage Princess
01-14-2004, 05:43 AM
It depends on what's being done exactly and the situation, I think. I totally agree with whoever said "Would you do all that in public?" I mean, if I was somewhere public and my s.o. just proposed or if he did something really sweet, I'd be feeling pretty affectionate I guess. There'd be a few extra kisses and hugs and stuff, more than normal, but no matter what, I wouldn't be flooding the screen with scroll, nor would I be doing anything raunchy. (aka Tijay style) It's also not something I always do. I don't really care what others do though unless it's flooding the screen..that gets annoying quick..or if it's really tasteless and should be happening in a latched room, for obvious reasons. But otherwise I can't say I care if a couple is all huggy huggy kissy kissy in public. Some of my characters might say something to them just to goof off, but nothing's really meant from it.

Wezas
01-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Nakiro

Yes.

See Wezas avatar an answer.

Nakiro

Uh, wha?

Xcalibur
01-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Jolena
Haha, says the man with a sig showing the public world a private room that Klaive and Teeo were in lol Ironic? I think so.

Ironic? no

satirique? yes

And, madame fast to judge people by some random's aim and create a topic about it.. You don't know the whole situation about this:

Klaive's saying OUT loud that his character.. (no need to continue, if you don't know, you cannot see the ridicule in my signature)

Gan
01-14-2004, 11:24 AM

Just curious, and with all due respect, but this is the 2nd thread you've started in as many days dealing with relationships in Gemstone... why exactly do you play gemstone, and why are their such aversions/issues with IG relationships?

I think you get out of the game: a)what you put into it and b)what you go looking for.

Find someone you enjoy hanging out with and work on your goals together, it really makes the time fly.

If I see something I dislike I usually move along, sometimes I'll make a comment or lighten a pocket, but eventually the many other things I am doing in game usually take precedence... like hunting, hunting, fletching, guild work, oh, and did I mention hunting???

And if I'm that bored, I usually move around to the other 4 characters I have raised and either play being a bard, wizard, sorcerer, or cleric.

Just curious, thats all.

DeV
01-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Well, to answer your questions. This is the relationship Thread therefore I wanted to start a topic about relationships and give people like yourself something to talk about.
Hmmm.. I play gemstone the same reason I play Madden 2004.