PDA

View Full Version : GoS Questions

Carsyn
07-14-2008, 02:28 AM
How much does Sigil of Mending help per pulse? How's that work?

Does the weapon weighting/armor padding stack with weighted weapons and armor? I swing a claid and wear MCP armor as is...

Trying to figure out if I really want to ditch CoL for it... THW warrior...

Thanks, Carsyn, player of Kraytorh

The Ponzzz
07-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Mending is nice, not sure how much health per pulse you get, but for me, it's well over 10 and very helpful during stuns. Herb times being only 3 seconds is pretty sweet. I play Plat where we hardly have empaths.

Damage weighting/padding stacks for sure, crit does according to my testing and others, but it's a tough thing to really test with how random mapping works with crits.

However, you're not going to see a large increase with a claid at all, if anything. MBP is nice, the best bang for your buck is to rock out some flaring MBP and then pad it with the sigil.

There is nothing at cap that is a hated enemy outside Grimswarm, so keep that in mind. That means no weighting and a few other sigils.

Methais
07-14-2008, 03:34 AM
What the fuck is going on in your avatar? lmao

droit
07-14-2008, 04:58 AM
Sigil of Mending adds 15 health recovery per minute. Very useful if you're already 2xing PF.

The awesome thing about the weighting/padding sigils is that you can stack different kinds of weighting or padding on items with existing weighting/padding. So if I were using a claidh, I'd probably use sigil of minor bane to add 10 points of damage weighting instead of bothering with augmenting the claidh's already huge crit weighting. Same with that MCP beastplate of yours--you'd probably see more benefit from using minor protection to add HDP to your MCP. Granted, your AS and DS will be 5 points lower when using the minor sigils, but i think it's a fair trade.

droit
07-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Err...Wait, is the armor masterfully crit padded or metal breastplate? I'm confused.

Izzy
07-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Err...Wait, is the armor masterfully crit padded or metal breastplate? I'm confused.

I'm going to wager that it's NOT MBP, and that the confusion begun by Ponzzz is just being perpetuated. He said MCP armor, and he's a warrior, which = full plate (probably).

The Ponzzz
07-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I swear that was a fucking B at one point.

Izzy
07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I swear that was a fucking B at one point.

I hear you man. Morphing letters are a bitch.

m444w
07-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Maybe you should lay off the crack...

The Ponzzz
07-14-2008, 12:05 PM
$10 a rock is hard to give up man.

Carsyn
07-14-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm going to wager that it's NOT MBP, and that the confusion begun by Ponzzz is just being perpetuated. He said MCP armor, and he's a warrior, which = full plate (probably).

It's MCP (masterfully crit padded) full plate.

The 15 health per minute sounds right up my alley. Love sign of staunching, but it's not the bleeders that will get my health down, just attrition really.

Thanks all,
Carsyn, player of Kraytorh

BigWorm
07-14-2008, 02:56 PM
What sigils do most of you guys run with? It's expensive to keep everything up and between Sunfist and Surge and throwing in a Sigil of Power for more mana every so often, I've been blowing my muscles more than I'd like lately.

The Ponzzz
07-14-2008, 03:06 PM
I always run offense, defense, concentration and mending. I toss on sigil of of major protection when needed, same goes for focus. Since I have no hunted a hated enemy in so long, I don't use any of the banes.

I also use determination every now and then when needed.

BigWorm
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
No Focus? That was one of the major reasons I joined.

I've been running with both banes up in Nelemar because it puts my AS right over 500 where I like it, but I'm debating on whether or not to drop those because it would make stamina and mana management a lot more simple.

Methais
07-14-2008, 03:36 PM
No Focus? That was one of the major reasons I joined.

I've been running with both banes up in Nelemar because it puts my AS right over 500 where I like it, but I'm debating on whether or not to drop those because it would make stamina and mana management a lot more simple.

I usually run with Offense, Defense, Focus and Major Protection up. I stopped using the banes too cause it's a pain in the ass on stamina and mana.

Seeing 500 AS instead of 490 is swell, but it's not really going to have an effect on hunting non-hated stuff. I'm at 465 AS now, down from 480 when I was in CoL. 475 with Major Bane, but like I said...yeah.

I'm going back to CoL as soon as I have 500k bounty points. Sunfist is gay.

BigWorm
07-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Since I have HCP full plate and pretty good redux, I like minor prot better than major prot and I doubt the small boost to DS would be worth it. I think I'm probably going to drop at least one of the banes if not both from my usual set.

The only reason having a slightly higher AS is nice is against sirens who are super spushy but have a high DS even when I ambush them from hiding.

Fallen
07-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Methais, sooner or later they are going to nerf COL.

BigWorm
07-14-2008, 03:52 PM

I learned a long time ago not to plan my current training around changes that will supposedly happen in the future.

Methais
07-14-2008, 03:55 PM

Sooner or later, demons will be done right. Sooner or later, all spell slots will be filled.

etc.

Fallen
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Heh, 1150, 650, and 350 are done. Slowly but surely, and suckily, in most cases.

The Ponzzz
07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
If Focus stacked my major protection, I'd run it more.

BigWorm
07-14-2008, 05:54 PM
If Focus stacked my major protection, I'd run it more.

Wait, what, focus doesn't work with major prot?

Does it at least work with minor prot?

The Ponzzz
07-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Err meant duration. Does that stack now? It didn't before...

Rimalon
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Focus and both Protections can both stack to 3 minutes.

Rejoice!

The Ponzzz
07-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Well shitz. Fuck these taints...

Borismere
07-15-2008, 12:16 AM
I seriously doubt the crit weighting stacks on top of existing weapon crit weighting. Like people said it's awfully hard to know for sure. And it can be one of those placebo things especially with high weighting like a claid, "Yeah, it's working! Joy!".

But just look at it logically from a game balance point of view. There are a ton of heavy weighted something or others, now effectively with this society people can walk around with Masterfully Crit weighted weapons like it's common place... eh... don't think so.

The best way to test this is to see if crit padding stacks or not. Since padding is not randomized like the weighting, unless I missed a major change. But again, Warden and friends allowing people wandering around with Masterfully Crit Padded armor like it was nothing? Yeah... no.

The Ponzzz
07-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Crit padding is as random as weighting.

And there is a lot of clips that could prove they stack just fine. Think of it this way, if they are going to let us stack it on flaring weapons and armor (which they clearly do), why wouldn't they allow it to already weighted weapons or padded armors. It would make little sense to make people with better than average gear not have the same benefits.

Mtenda
07-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Why can't we just ask a GM on the official boards to confirm it?

The Ponzzz
07-15-2008, 12:33 AM
We have, over and over...

Mtenda
07-15-2008, 12:34 AM
And they just continue to ignore? Wow I love that game. :wtf:

The Ponzzz
07-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Well, to be fair, game mechanics and formulas were never public knowledge. It wasn't until recently did they become a little mor relaxed on the info they offer.

droit
07-15-2008, 01:05 AM
We've proved conclusively that the damage padding and damage weighting from sunfist sigils stack with existing weighting. Like people have mentioned, it's a lot harder to test crit stuff, so we're not nearly as certain on that front. I personally believe it does, but who knows.

Regarding which sigils I keep active, most of the time it's just offense, defense, concentration and major bane. In OTF or the subfloor of Nelemar, I also keep focus and minor protection running constantly, with mending and determination when necessary. This is all in addition to keeping shadow mastery running at 60 stamina per refresh.

That being said, I've been collecting stamina recovery enhancives for a while now and have enough to generate almost 100 stamina per minute if I wear them all. I haven't yet decided the most efficient use of all this stamina is, but I imagine it's going to involve a lot of spike thorn and sigil of power, as well as regular use of sigil of intimidation. If you have other ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Borismere
07-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Crit weighting and padding are on a whole different level relative to every other extras out there. Flaring and especially damage weighting are almost moot in my opinion, at least relative to crit weighting.

With that being said there is a very simple way to determine if the weighting stacks albeit it won't tell you by how much.

Take a fel hafter for instance. Go to some critter xyz. Go bonkers for 300 swings note the severity of each crit. Do the same but this time with GoS crit weighting on. Simply, if you notice that the average crit over the 300 or some swings deviates with some statisical significance between both instances then they may in fact stack.

P.S. try to find a critter/adjust your AS so you're doing a well rounded reach of the crit levels. Don't just go out and pummel things always getting a rank 9 crit.