PDA

View Full Version : Official: New Temples in Solhaven

Fallen
07-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Solhaven's collective religious orders are pleased to welcome two brand new temples and a shrine into their ranks.

Eonak's Temple, having largely fallen into disrepair, was abandoned by the Order of Steel. Due to a deal brokered by Lord Paidreg Venquinor, the land was given to the Order of Voln, where they established a new outpost known as Fasthr's Lance.

Eonak's new religious site, the Temple of Industry, has been built with the aid of several local organizations. In gratitude, the Steel Priests granted leave for a memorial to those lost during the Griffin Sword War.

Significant overhauls have likewise been made to the enclave of the Green Sisters of Imaera, which is now linked to Eonak's by a very special garden.

---

Huge thanks to GameMaster Galene, who volunteered for and undertook the building of Imaera's Glade when I began these overhauls.

Enjoy!

Auchand

This message was originally posted in Towns, Solhaven. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=19&topic=9&message=10107 (http://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=19&topic=9&message=10107)

Nilandia
07-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Imaera's temple is my new favorite place in the game. :yes:

Gretchen

Warriorbird
07-12-2008, 04:56 PM
I much prefer Eonak's... but they're both pretty sweet. I hope they encourage some more people to religious RP.

Nilandia
07-12-2008, 05:00 PM
The GSS memorial in Eonak's temple is very nice, I'll give you that. I'm biased towards Imaera obviously, so that might have something to do with it.

Gretchen

petroglyph
07-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Wait, did the old Imaera's Temple go away? Because if so, I am going to be seriously annoyed.

MotleyCrew
07-13-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm not particularily crazy about the new landing spot for Voln fogging myself.

Amaron
07-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Wait, did the old Imaera's Temple go away? Because if so, I am going to be seriously annoyed.

Yup it was torn down with no real reasoning except the Gm felt like it. My Imaera gal is upset.

The new one is nice, but to just have your temple messed with like that is jarring for those who did RP in it.

I also dislike the voln drop, that needs to change back.

Latrinsorm
07-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Yup it was torn down with no real reasoning except the Gm felt like it.It must be nice to have access to every email and private communication that's ever been sent to Simutronics regarding this issue.

Kudos for casting aspersions on someone's character because of your ignorance, though. Classy move.

Xeromist
07-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Anybody familiar with Zelia's temple in Solhaven? I've been trying to figure out how to make offerings there.

Fallen
07-14-2008, 07:15 AM
Solhaveners,

I spent some time last night mulling over the reaction to the Solhaven Temple release. While, from e-mail, posts, et al, it seems like the reaction was widely positive, I understand that some people have concerns. Specifically, I've heard thoughts along three lines, and will strive to answer them here:

1) Why is there a new Temple of Imaera? GameMaster Galene came to me when I began work on the temples, expressing an opinion that the previous site did not adequately represent Imaera according to our documentation. It was a highly-cultivated area, whereas Imaera is a mistress of the wilderness. After undergoing approvals from my boss, her boss, the Arkati Gurus, and me, Galene was given permission to overhaul the property. From the reactions of core Imaerans and the general populace, I consider the new temple to be a huge improvement. I apologize if anyone had a great deal vested in the old temple. Solhaven is a living town, subject to change.

2) Why has Fasthr's Lance taken place of the old Voln fog-point? The Voln fog-point in Liabo Plaza existed only because there was no Voln Outpost in Solhaven. With the addition of Fasthr's Lance, Voln fog is correctly routed through the local Voln outpost. This is actually a boon during invasions. Fasthr's Lance was built with defensibility in mind, and plans are brewing to make it yet more capable of defending itself. Pending approvals, I may consider moving the Triage Tent to a more valuable location to better cover Solhaven's needs. If you have any thoughts about where it should be, please e-mail me at my play.net address. Finally, there was a request for a favor globe here. Pending approval, I will be putting one in.

3) Why does Eonak's Temple need a Griffin Sword memorial? I'm a huge fan of Voraviel's and Lothwyn's Griffin Sword Saga. In many ways, it helped to define Solhaven as a major player in the world. In an in-character vein, the memorial in Eonak's Temple makes perfect sense. He was not involved in the Griffin Sword War, save that a piece of his artifice caused such immense loss of life and destruction. One can only imagine the devastation this would cause a peaceful builder-god. It struck me while I was building the temple, and I had to include it. I'm sorry if anyone feels this detracts from the memorial in Lorminstra's.

We've ventured far into "too long; didn't read" territory, but I want to conclude by reminding the populace as a whole that I do not unilaterally make decisions on Solhaven. I spend hours daily watching Solhaven and its people. I try to learn their concerns as best I can. Even when I make up my mind to accomplish something, my ideas go through several layers of strict judgment, rehashing, and approvals. Even once everything is finished, it is checked for consistency, and I hear a wide variety of opinions on it.

If there is something that you feel strongly about and aren't saying, my e-mail: gs4-auchand@play.net (http://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=mailto:gs4-auchand@play.net) is always open, and you are welcome to CC my direct boss at gs4-sirina@play.net (http://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=mailto:gs4-sirina@play.net). Talking to me directly is the best way to ensure that your voice is heard. If you just need to rant and don't expect a reaction, you're free to do so. But if you want to effect change, I urge you to do it through the right channels.

Auchand

g++
07-14-2008, 10:18 AM
We've ventured far into "too long; didn't read" territory, but I want to conclude by reminding the populace as a whole that I do not unilaterally make decisions on Solhaven. I spend hours daily watching Solhaven and its people. I try to learn their concerns as best I can.

The only thing youd learn watching Solhavens citizens all day is whos a slut in solhaven.

ViridianAsp
07-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I love Imaera's new temple and I think they did a great job. My girl expressed that there was no farmer's altar and the NPC said they'd be putting one in. I think it's how an Imaeran temple should be.

Also, I think his idea of Eonak having a memorial does in fact make sense. Considering his creation did cause all this turmoil.

I love the temples, I think Voln's outpost is great and triage is safe in the infirmary there as well as HERTs tower. I think he's making positive steps in the right direction.

I can't wait till Koar's temple opens, that's going to be great.

Amaron
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
I

Also, I think his idea of Eonak having a memorial does in fact make sense. Considering his creation did cause all this turmoil.

I think Imaera is well done, I wish they had incorporated it with the old temple.

I disagree with the memorial. Eonak had nothing to do with the forging of he griffin sword. Lorminstra created it on her own, I believe.

J

ViridianAsp
07-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I think Imaera is well done, I wish they had incorporated it with the old temple.

I disagree with the memorial. Eonak had nothing to do with the forging of he griffin sword. Lorminstra created it on her own, I believe.

J

Really? I thought he forged it at Lorminstra's request, my bad. I didn't know that.

RichardCranium
07-14-2008, 03:38 PM
"The Temple of Industry" is a pretty cool name.

Nilandia
07-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm actually quite happy with all of the updates to the temples and Fasthr's Lance. As I mentioned, Imaera is now my favorite place in the game (perhaps one of, since Halcyon Hills is also quite brilliant). For Nilandia, it's like an echo of her home was transplanted into the city. It comforts her and makes her homesick at the same time. Though I don't have any characters that follow Eonak, the temple is also really good. I particularly like the rock garden.

I do enjoy Fasthr's Lance as well. It's very well written and straight-forward to walk around in, not to mention it would be quite defensible in times of need. My only concerns are that the location is not as easy to find as Liabo Plaza, that dragging bodies in can be difficult and dangerous and that other types of teleportation such as familiars, Bard song and 225 might not work, so getting people and groups there would be more difficult. I'd be curious what HERT will do in response, if anything.

Gretchen

Amaron
07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Acually I just read up more, Lorminstra did not create the sword, but blessed it.

All I can find is it was created long ago by great smiths, then broken to be reforged in the first war.

Interesting reading into the background. There is not much really published about where it came from.

Cool research though.

Fallen
07-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Where did you read that, Amaron? I looked on Krakiipedia and it just said Lorminstra made it.

Amaron
07-14-2008, 03:52 PM
I really old news pages that did not show up when I searched on the play.net.

http://www.play.net/gs4/news/events/griffin.asp