PDA

View Full Version : WHAT CAN I DO?!

GSIVPlayer
07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
SO i have been majorly fucked.

Found an enhansive item, thought i was getting it loresung, thought the GM's would help get my item returned.. i thouht wrong in every aspect.

Valeros asks, "Bard needed?"
>

[Leaving rest mode.]

nod valer
You nod to Valeros.
>l valer
You see Valeros Snowsen.
He appears to be a Giantman.
He is very tall and appears to be advanced in years. He has dark-rimmed grey-green eyes and tanned skin. He has long, unkempt dark brown hair worn in a ponytail. He has a square-jawed face, a freckled nose and broad shoulders.
You can hardly recognize him covered in all that soot and ash!
He is in good shape.
A thick layer of volcanic ash and soot covers an ornate black spidersilk satchel, a soulstone studded copper buckle, a bone-inlaid peridot band, a filigreed silver alloy band, some fiery red thrak hide gloves, an ash grey sailcloth sack, a crystal amulet, a stained soot black coat, a stained black neckerchief, an oblivion quartz amulet, an olive green hat, some padded black suede boots stitched with crawling spiders, some blackened veniom cufflinks, a reinforced black canvas backpack, and a ragged flaxen harness.
>'aye, yous sing?
>
You ask, "Aye, yous sing?"
>
Valeros asks, "For what?"
>
Valeros nods.
>open cloak
You open a deeply hooded blood-stained cloak.
>get head
You remove a plain aquamarine headband from in your blood-stained cloak.
>swap
You swap a dented steel chest to your left hand and a plain aquamarine headband to your right hand.
>give valer
You offer your aquamarine headband to Valeros, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
>
Valeros has accepted your offer and is now holding a plain aquamarine headband.
>put chest
You drop a dented steel chest.
>l
>
[Dragonspine and Krodera]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see a dented steel chest, a volatile lavaflow spirit that is flying around, the Earandel disk, some wolifrew lichen, some ambrominas leaf, some cactacae spine, some pothinir grass, some aloeas stem, some sovyn clove, some basal moss, a five-taloned mottled green grik'tval, a pristine hulking giant statue, a lava tube and a wrought iron sign.
Also here: Valeros, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
>
Valeros asks, "What is this?"
>
Coffie just opened a copper studded field kit.
>'a headband?
You ask, "A headband?"
>
Coffie just closed a copper studded field kit.
>
Valeros puts a plain aquamarine headband on his head.
>
Coffie just opened a dark blue feather-fringed pouch.
>peer vale
Coffie just closed a dark blue feather-fringed pouch.
>
You peer quizzically at Valeros.
>
Valeros takes a plain aquamarine headband off his head.
>'sing to it, not use it
You say, "Sing to it, not use it."
>
Dark red droplets seep out of Raquael's skin and evaporate.
>flail
You flail your arms about.
>
Valeros asks, "Whats it do?"
>
Startled, a five-taloned mottled green grik'tval whips its head sideways. In doing so, it stumbles and almost falls, but manages to recover its balance quickly.
>l
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see a dented steel chest, a volatile lavaflow spirit that is flying around, the Earandel disk, some wolifrew lichen, some ambrominas leaf, some cactacae spine, some pothinir grass, some aloeas stem, some sovyn clove, some basal moss, a five-taloned mottled green grik'tval, a pristine hulking giant statue, a lava tube and a wrought iron sign.
>
Sadrae laughs!
>

Several tremors roll across the area, rattling the surroundings for several moments.
>
Valeros whispers, "Did ye notice anything about it before ye put it on."
>whisper valeros can i just have it back i lost my trust in ya
>
You quietly whisper to Valeros, "Can i just have it back i lost my trust in ya."
>
Valeros recites:

"Headband headband in my hand"

>
Speaking to Valeros, Sadrae exclaims, "Thats what he wants you to sing to it for.....to find out what it does!"
>'yous cant tell me?
You ask, "Yous cant tell me?"
>
Valeros recites:

"Show me your skills, in the land"

>
Valeros says, "Hmm."
>
Valeros raises his aquamarine headband skyward!
>
Sadrae laughs!
>'return it please

* Vandele was just vaporized!

>
You say, "Return it please."
>
* Vandele just bit the dust!
>
Valeros sings:

"Headband headband oh its mine"

>
Coffie gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
>
Coffie gestures into the air.
>fame valer
Valeros has 4656464 fame.
>'sir, return the headband
You say, "Sir, return the headband."
>
Valeros recites:

"My headbad now, forever never thine!"

>
Valeros cackles!
>l
>stand
You stand back up.
>
Valeros says, "I am singing here."
>
Valeros says, "One moment."
>
Valeros says, "Im investigating."
>
Sadrae says, "No you arent."
>'return the headband sir
You say, "Return the headband sir."
>
Sadrae laughs!
>
Coffie smiles at Valeros.
>
Valeros exclaims, "Can't you see I need to concentrate!"
>
Sadrae says, "Not sure what your doing."
>
As Valeros shakes his head, small flakes of ash fall slowly toward the ground.
>
Valeros says, "Ahem."
>
Valeros says, "Now back to work.."
>'Valeros, RETURN the headband
You say, "Valeros, RETURN the headband."
>
Valeros cowers away from Raquael.
>
Suddenly, Sorchia appears in the room holding onto a ring she has just placed on her finger.
>l
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see the Sorchia disk, a dented steel chest, a volatile lavaflow spirit that is flying around, the Earandel disk, some wolifrew lichen, some ambrominas leaf, some cactacae spine, some pothinir grass, some aloeas stem, some sovyn clove, some basal moss, a five-taloned mottled green grik'tval, a pristine hulking giant statue, a lava tube and a wrought iron sign.
Also here: Sorchia, Valeros, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>
Sorchia fidgets with a gold and brass ring.
>whisper sadrae make him itchy?
Sorchia snuggles Sadrae, who responds by cradling an arm around her.
>
You quietly whisper to Sadrae, "Make him itchy?"
>
Coffie gives Sorchia a friendly hug.
>
Valeros smiles and returns to examining the headband like Rathmond ordered!
>
Sorchia gives Coffie a friendly hug.
>
Valeros says, "Ok Ok ill hurry."
>
Valeros says, "Geez."
>
Sorchia says, "Hi dears."
>
Sadrae laughs at you!
>'this isnt a joke sir
You say, "This isnt a joke sir."
>
Sorchia removes an engraved silver signet ring from in her white fur backpack.
>
Coffie winks at Sorchia.
>stare val
You stare at Valeros.
>
Valeros sings:

"Headband headband oh its true
show me what is inside you"

>
Sorchia laughs!
>
Sorchia says, "Sir."
>l valer
You see Valeros Snowsen.
He is very tall and appears to be advanced in years. He has dark-rimmed grey-green eyes and tanned skin. He has long, unkempt dark brown hair worn in a ponytail. He has a square-jawed face, a freckled nose and broad shoulders.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a plain aquamarine headband in his right hand.
A thick layer of volcanic ash and soot covers an ornate black spidersilk satchel, a soulstone studded copper buckle, a bone-inlaid peridot band, a filigreed silver alloy band, some fiery red thrak hide gloves, an ash grey sailcloth sack, a crystal amulet, a stained soot black coat, a stained black neckerchief, an oblivion quartz amulet, an olive green hat, some padded black suede boots stitched with crawling spiders, some blackened veniom cufflinks, a reinforced black canvas backpack, and a ragged flaxen harness.
>
Valeros sings:

"Headband oh your properties
hurry to avoid lobotomies!"

>
Sorchia coughs.
>
Sadrae says, "Better than Ma'am."
>
Sadrae laughs!
>
Sorchia cackles!
>who bard

Usage:
WHO - Display count of active players and a list of on duty staff
WHO FULL - List all active players
WHO LETTER {letter} - List active players whose names begin with {letter}
WHO PROFESSION {profession} - List active players displaying {profession}
WHO RACE {race} - List active players of race {race}
WHO GROUP - List active players seeking a group

>
Sorchia nods to Sadrae.
>who prof bard
Brave Adventurers Questing:

Phever Kassyopia Mistlentan Suvin
Varalis Ahmeuseng Somersby Jaimaltz
Total: 8

>
A faint silvery glow fades from around Sorchia.
>
Valeros sings:

"Headband headband.. hurry up
im scrutinized and out of luck!"

>
Valeros wildly flails his arms about, momentarily obscuring himself in a cloud of volcanic soot and ash.
>'Valeros return the headband
You say, "Valeros return the headband."
>l
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see the Sorchia disk, a dented steel chest, a volatile lavaflow spirit that is flying around, the Earandel disk, some wolifrew lichen, some ambrominas leaf, some cactacae spine, some pothinir grass, some aloeas stem, some sovyn clove, some basal moss, a five-taloned mottled green grik'tval, a pristine hulking giant statue, a lava tube and a wrought iron sign.
Also here: Sorchia, Valeros, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>
Sorchia says, "Let me see that headband."
>l
>
Sorchia says, "Ill give you a mil for it."
>
Sorchia nods to Valeros.
>'no, return it to me please.
You say, "No, return it to me please."
>
Valeros says, "Deal."
>
Kaln just arrived.
>
Kaln sits down.
>
Sorchia says, "Give me."
>
Kaln put a diamond-edged black vultite falchion in his spidersilk backpack.
>
Valeros asks, "One mil you kidding? why would I give it back?"
>
Valeros puts a plain aquamarine headband on his head.
>
Sorchia cackles!
>'stop using it
You say, "Stop using it."
>
Sorchia turns to Valeros and cheers!
>'stopit damnit
l
You say, "Stopit damnit."
>[Dragonspine and Krodera]
Also here: Kaln who is sitting, Sorchia, Valeros, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>
Valeros says, "Looks nice on me.."
>
Sorchia agrees with Valeros.
>
Sorchia says, "Lets see it."
>
Sorchia attempts to hum a merry little tune.
>
Valeros asks, "Might I introduce myself?"
>report Valeros offered his service's to sing to my headband and is now not returning it and is attempting to sell it.
Sorchia exclaims, "Sure!"
>
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>l
Also here: Kaln who is sitting, Sorchia, Valeros, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>
Valeros says, "My name is Valeros the traveling con-man."
>
Sorchia snickers.
>
Sorchia says, "Oh."
>assist request Valeros
Sorchia laughs at Valeros!
>
Your request has been sent to the GMs currently on duty.
You are number 1 in the queue.
You may cancel your request for assistance at any time by typing ASSIST CANCEL.
>
Valeros says, "I pose as a bard.."
>l
>
Sorchia says, "Wonderful."
>
Valeros says, "Accept items.."
>'return my damn item
You say, "Return my damn item."
>
Sorchia says, "Working in my favor."
>
Sorchia hoots.
>
Valeros exclaims, "And then have a ball!"
>

*** Host Nithic is here to answer your assist. ***

>
Nithic joins your group.
>whisper nithic i need my headband back from Valeros
Sorchia starts chortling.
>
You quietly whisper to Nithic, "I need my headband back from Valeros."
>
Sorchia leans softly against Sadrae.
>
Sadrae leans on Sorchia, giving her a companionable grin.
>'return my item sir
You say, "Return my item sir."
>stare valer
Valeros says, "This person is always around these strange cloud helpers."
>
You stare at Valeros.
>
Sorchia whispers something to Sadrae.
>
Sadrae nods to Sorchia.
>l
Also here: GameHost Nithic, Kaln who is sitting, Sorchia, Valeros, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>
Sorchia asks, "Whats a cloud helper?"
>
Sorchia rubs her chin thoughtfully.
>
Sadrae nods to Sorchia.
>
Sadrae nods to Sorchia.
>
Sorchia nods to Sadrae.
>
Valeros removes a mithril-edged vultite buckler inset with thick steel knobs from in his spidersilk satchel.
>
Nithic whispers, "What happened exactly?"
>
Valeros offers you a mithril-edged vultite buckler inset with thick steel knobs. Type ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
>whisper nithic he offered to sing to it for me, and now he is saying he is a con-man
You quietly whisper to Nithic, "He offered to sing to it for me, and now he is saying he is a con-man."
>
Valeros asks, "Your buckler..?"
>
Sorchia laughs!
>
Valeros asks, "What is yours?"
>'my headband sir. return it please.
You say, "My headband sir. return it please."
>
Valeros has cancelled the offer.
>
Valeros ponders.
>
Valeros says, "Sir I really."
>
Valeros says, "Have no idea."
>
>whisper nithic i found an enhansive headband
You quietly whisper to Nithic, "I found an enhansive headband."
>l
Also here: GameHost Nithic, Kaln who is sitting, Sorchia, Valeros, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>
Sorchia asks, "What headband?"
>
Valeros says, "What you're talking about.."
>
Valeros shrugs.
>
Sorchia gazes in wonder at her surroundings.
>
Sorchia rubs her chin thoughtfully.
>
Valeros asks, "Yeah what?"
>
Sorchia shrugs.
>whisper nithic no more then 5 minutes ago
You quietly whisper to Nithic, "No more then 5 minutes ago."
>
Sorchia says, "Dunno."
>
Valeros says, "The guy was looking for a buckler before."
>
Valeros says, "Now Katana.."
>whisper nithic asked for a bard, and he said he could sing to it for me
You quietly whisper to Nithic, "Asked for a bard, and he said he could sing to it for me."
>
Valeros asks, "Now headband?"
>'Valeros i need my headband returned please
You say, "Valeros i need my headband returned please."
>
Valeros exclaims, "I think you're some kind of thief!"
>
Lord Kyvann just arrived.
>
>
>
Kyvann removes a frothy Drizzsdt Piledriver from in his battle-worn longcloak.
>
Sorchia says, "He really is, always taking things not his."
>
Kyvann tips his head back and empties a frothy Drizzsdt Piledriver down his gullet!
>
Valeros says, "Rathmond I don't know if the Isle is suited for you."
>
Sorchia sighs.
>
Valeros nods.
>
Sorchia shakes her head, clucking her tongue.
>
A five-taloned mottled green grik'tval stares into space in an oblivious fashion.
>
>
Valeros says, "A sad day."
>
Valeros nods to Nithic.
>'i need my headband Valeros
You say, "I need my headband Valeros."
>l
Also here: Lord Kyvann, GameHost Nithic, Kaln who is sitting, Sorchia, Valeros, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>
Valeros exclaims, "Wasting this poor elf's time!"
>
Nithic whispers, "I'm afraid that there isn't much we can do as you gave him the item voluntarily."
>
Sorchia adopts an agreeable expression.
>
Valeros yawns.
>
Valeros stretches.
>whisper nithic to be sung too. he offered his services
A five-taloned mottled green grik'tval voices a deep-throated, rumbling growl.
>
You quietly whisper to Nithic, "To be sung too. he offered his services."
>l
Also here: Lord Kyvann, GameHost Nithic, Kaln who is sitting, Sorchia, Valeros, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>
Valeros removes a razor-sharp black vultite katana with a jade-eyed ivory carved dragon hilt from in his spidersilk satchel.
>
Savaard just arrived.
>
Valeros says, "Well I'm off to Greymist."
>
Savaard fidgets with a gold and brass ring.
>whisper nithic but he isnt even a bard.
Savaard just went south.
>
You quietly whisper to Nithic, "But he isnt even a bard."
>l
>l val
You see Valeros Snowsen.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a razor-sharp black vultite katana with a jade-eyed ivory carved dragon hilt in his right hand and a mithril-edged vultite buckler inset with thick steel knobs in his left hand.
A thick layer of volcanic ash and soot covers a plain aquamarine headband, an ornate black spidersilk satchel, a soulstone studded copper buckle, a bone-inlaid peridot band, a filigreed silver alloy band, some fiery red thrak hide gloves, an ash grey sailcloth sack, a crystal amulet, a stained soot black coat, a stained black neckerchief, an oblivion quartz amulet, an olive green hat, some padded black suede boots stitched with crawling spiders, some blackened veniom cufflinks, a reinforced black canvas backpack, and a ragged flaxen harness.
>
Sorchia waves to Valeros.
>
Valeros just went north.
>l
Also here: Lord Kyvann, GameHost Nithic, Kaln who is sitting, Sorchia, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>'what in the HELL
You say, "What in the HELL."
>l
Also here: Lord Kyvann, GameHost Nithic, Kaln who is sitting, Sorchia, Coffie, Sadrae, Earandel, Lady Raquael who is kneeling
>report i need a GM please, immediately
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>
A five-taloned mottled green grik'tval rises on its toes and stretches its wings wide as it stares upward. For a moment, it holds the position, trembling in an agitated fashion. Then, it settles back on its heels.
>
Sadrae exclaims, "Watch your mouth please!"
>
Earandel loses his intense expression.
>'he STOLE my headband
You say, "He STOLE my headband."
>
Dark red droplets seep out of Earandel's skin and evaporate.
>
Spell Troll's Blood (1125) ended. [-6TB-HP, -20TB-Period]
Your heart staggers briefly before slowing to a more regular speed. Dark red droplets seep out of your skin and evaporate as the influence of Troll's Blood leaves you.
>
Sorchia says, "He stole nothing."
>
Speaking to Sorchia, Kyvann asks, "Throw some spells at me please?"
>
Sorchia says, "That i seen."
>l
Sorchia makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
>
Sorchia gestures at Kyvann.
A silvery luminescence surrounds Kyvann.
>
>
Nithic whispers, "You need to be very careful when giving items to other players and to only get the help of people you know you can trust."
>
>
>
>
>
Sorchia leans softly against Sadrae.
>
>
>
Sorchia gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
>
A light blue glow surrounds Kyvann.
>whisper nithic refer me to a GM please
You quietly whisper to Nithic, "Refer me to a GM please."
>
Sorchia gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
>
A light blue glow surrounds Kyvann.
>

Khariz
First think you can do is format this post so that we can read it.

Renian
Epic log fail.

thefarmer
07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
You can learn to post a log correctly, dumbass.

NocturnalRob
07-08-2008, 01:36 PM
good lord, man. my retinas shattered

Miss Ismurii
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Like woah.

TheWitch
07-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Relax a little bit, for starters. It was a line of text in a game.

I caught your post before it got pulled, and what you can do is learn a lesson from it. Don't willingly hand over something you already know is valuable to someone you don't know. The guy wasn't even a bard - which your log didn't show you checking until it was too late.

And by asking that sorcerer to itchy curse him, you were potentially getting her and you in trouble for a policy violation, since 715 used for that purpose is considered mechanics abuse.

The fake bard, on the other hand, violated no policy. Sorry.

GSIVPlayer
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
yea sorry tried to post the email of the removal of my post on the offical boards. my mistake. so i have wriitten feedback and just gett to wait for a reply now. i amso fucking disappointed with the GM's and this game right now. My character might not be liked, but my god i shouldnt get this kind of abuse.

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Hahaha! You dumbass, Rathmond.

NocturnalRob
07-08-2008, 01:43 PM
yeah, you got hosed. then again, Rathmond is a douchebag and shouldn't be allowed on Teras. So...

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Sorchia involved!? Why am I not surprised? She's a fucking idiot.

CrystalTears
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Well at least you have to give him credit for roleplaying it out and not just taking it and leaving.

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, it's just ridiculous. You expect the GMs to help you? You, in-character, sought help from someone you didn't know. That person tricked you. You have recourse in-game. You could try and kill him, take it back, influence, pressure him, etc.

But there is no mechanics abuse here that you can report him for. You asked for a service, and his character lied to you. Yet here you are crying to the GMs.

You constantly hide behind the GMs when you get your ass kicked, whine when people trick you--Gemstone specifically operates on a BUYER BEWARE level. This applies to you buying SERVICES, too.

Maybe you'll learn not to be such a dumbass now.

g++
07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
If I were you I would move back to Illistim over this.

Khariz
I don't think Valeros did anything wrong. Then again, you wouldn't be doing anything wrong by keeping him perma dead until he gives it back.

Miss Ismurii
I'd be hella pissed too dude.

Tolwynn
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Actually, if he tries to kill the guy, or use whatever form of violence, he'll probably get in trouble for that, too. Ditto for trying to get the guy to drop an item via curse.

It's kind of uneven that they allow one side of it, but not the other, but there it is the same.

Renian
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Quite frankly, it seems like this guy was RPing.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, you should have WHISPER OOC'd him to give it back...but play along with his RP as well.

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Never seen Valeros on Teras before either, but I bet I know who owns him.

I've never met this Rathmond guy until last night but the second he showed up, Sorchia, Adamina, and the whole crew showed up and started acting stupid.

Khariz
Actually, if he tries to kill the guy, or use whatever form of violence, he'll probably get in trouble for that, too. Ditto for trying to get the guy to drop an item via curse.

It's kind of uneven that they allow one side of it, but not the other, but there it is the same.

Nah. Killing him repeatedly would get a GM's attention and force intervention. I'd be clear that I'd keep killing the guy until he gave my shit back.

CrystalTears
Are you even sure it was an enhancive? It could have just been plain jewelry, since you never got it sung to.

No offense, but the log made me laugh. Checking for bards after he had it already. Go you.

NocturnalRob
07-08-2008, 01:50 PM
you should probably just quit

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Not true. He has numerous options available to him, in-character. Violence is one of those accepted ways. Rathmond is a pushover who gets himself murdered ten times a day, though. He doesn't know whom to pick his fights with.

Xiandrena
07-08-2008, 01:52 PM
The only way this thread could get any more full of win is if the fake bard showed up and tried to sell the headband.

LordBacl
07-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Wow, I hand valuable shit over to strangers all the time.

I should probably stop doing that.

g++
07-08-2008, 01:54 PM
My guess is Valeros, whoever he is, will likely give him the head band back within the hour. This happened like less than an hour ago so if the guy is just joking he will give it back soon.

Danical
07-08-2008, 01:55 PM
The guy wasn't even a bard - which your log didn't show you checking until it was too late.

No offense, but the log made me laugh. Checking for bards after he had it already. Go you.

Doing a "who <bard>" only shows the bards with their title showing.

Both fail for not knowing this :(

TheWitch
07-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

The point is, he made no effort at all to check - whether it would have been successful or not, until the the dude had the thing in his hand already.

NocturnalRob
Wow, I hand valuable shit over to strangers all the time.

I should probably stop doing that.

you know...i had a question about that. i still remember using the exchange verb back in...98? 99? and then had a hiatus. i have never used that verb since. and i've made purchases for 30-35m. i give a note. they give the item. done.

i guess it'd be pretty easy for someone to just bounce with the money AND the item, but I've never had an experience like that. then again, pretty much any big ticket item i've sold or bought has been from one of you bastards, so I guess that's why there's a comfort level. or discomfort level.

assholes.

Khariz
* Valeros just bit the dust!

CrystalTears
07-08-2008, 01:58 PM

The point is, he made no effort at all to check - whether it would have been successful or not, until the the dude had the thing in his hand already.
Exactly. That's why I gaffawed. Had nothing to do whether it was an effective way to figure it out, but that by then it's too fucking late.

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
He gave it back, Rathmond killed him and got pulled.

NocturnalRob
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
He gave it back, Rathmond killed him and got pulled.

god, i hate Rathmond. what a twit.

Khariz
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
OOC]-Rathmond: "now i'll probly get locked out."

[OOC]-Valeros: "No. Andraste asked me if I wanna complain about it and I said no because Im not a bitch."

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Hahaha, Valeros is my new hero.

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
god, i hate Rathmond. what a twit.

Sooo...someone wanna explain that to me? Like I said, I saw him for the first time last night and he wasn't the one acting stupid.

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Pity. Though I agree with his reasoning and admire his not hiding behind the GMs like Rathmond, Jackass of the Ages--any opportunity to get Rathmond's ass tossed out of the game would be welcomed.

Winter's Kiss
07-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Just.. FYI.. Since most people don't pay attention to the Landing much with all the asshats that originate there. Valeros is pretty well-known thief there and most people don't like him. It's why he left the Landing, I'm sure.

Danical
07-08-2008, 02:07 PM

Exactly. That's why I gaffawed. Had nothing to do whether it was an effective way to figure it out, but that by then it's too fucking late.

I fail. :cry:

At any rate, I see this as a perfectly good opportunity to RP the whole situation out and instead people go from zero to apeshit immediately.

g++
07-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Sooo...someone wanna explain that to me? Like I said, I saw him for the first time last night and he wasn't the one acting stupid.

Rathmond is a traveling pain in the ass, he instigates wherever he goes. He started in Wehnimer, so everyone in the park was killing him or being killed by him. Then moved to RR where I think he behaved then went to Illistim for about 3 days in which the entire town has killed him non-stop. Now hes been on teras less than 24 hours and SHOCKING hes in a fight already.

Tolwynn
07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I will point out, as I mentioned before, that the OP got pulled for the killing, and if Valeros had pressed things, he could have made even more trouble for him. It's almost like they're encouraging people to steal in this fashion since the losing party effectively has no recourse.

NocturnalRob
07-08-2008, 02:11 PM
yeah, he's basically a walking douche

g++
07-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I think the GMs do discriminate, Michaelous had the same problem. Im not saying Michaelous wasnt disruptive but I think the GM's definately treated him like dirt hoping he would leave because he was so disruptive. I think Rathmond may be getting the same treatment. Didnt you say on psinet last night you use to be Jastio Rathmond?

TheWitch
07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
The have a recourse:

Don't get into the situation in the first place.

It's seriously easy to do.

I don't, on the other hand, agree at all with the OP getting pulled for killing the guy.

However, had the guy not whined and complained to a host and a GM and reported and posted the log WITH NAMES to get pulled instantly then posted a wall of text here to continue the rant...if he'd have just RP'ed the situation....it's quite likely no one upstairs would have known anything was going on in the first place.

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
<<I don't, on the other hand, agree at all with the OP getting pulled for killing the guy.>>

If the order is correct (ie., if Valeros returned the headband and then was killed), I absolutely agree with him getting pulled.

Khariz
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
come the fuck on, Bob.

The dude kept his item for a good chunck of time. He was fucking with the dude. He deserved it. He even admitted to deserving it on OOC. He said Rathmond would have been a pussy if he didn't kill him for it.

It was fucking rude, and he deserved the splatter.

GSIVPlayer
07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
yes i ran to the GH GM's asap. i found a very enhansive item, exactly what i've been wanting, and instantly had it taken from me. If you read the log, he ignored me at first, then said, 'what headband' and such. i was powerless. then he said he was going hunting, and left game. So i insued trying threw posting on the officals and such.

then he came back and gave a big stink about 'this isnt worth much, i'll give you this shit shield for it' and said okay fine, after i was persistant about simply wanting my item back he had me recite that i needed logic blah blah.

Once i got the item back, i didnt hesitate to kill him, he is a thief and a con-man self proclaimed. i got pulled no quicker then sign of madness to wear off to Emeradan saying 'it dont work that way". which even in game he is a thief and a con man, which is for sure within policy to kill. I'm sure if Valeros did say something to andraste i would have gotten a offical warning or lockout. But i didnt.

GM's might not be favoring other people, but they sure do hate my ass. But really they dont or 'cant' do anything to help me. But i still found it important to get it all recorded before i lost a valueble item to threw some horrible RP.

Anyways i got my item back, time to go back to hunting. Thanks for all the replies.

CrystalTears
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I have mixed feelings on it. He was roleplaying being a thief and then gave it back for being untrusting. Had the guy kept it, then yeah, I understand the killing. But giving it back and getting killed for it? I'm not sure I agree with that.

I still wish that headband wasn't an enhancive. It would make this an epic gold thread.

TheWitch
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Ugh. I have no words.

Some Rogue
Rathmond is a traveling pain in the ass, he instigates wherever he goes. He started in Wehnimer, so everyone in the park was killing him or being killed by him. Then moved to RR where I think he behaved then went to Illistim for about 3 days in which the entire town has killed him non-stop. Now hes been on teras less than 24 hours and SHOCKING hes in a fight already.

Well to be fair, he was attacked first last night. Within 5 minutes of even being there and he hadn't said a word to the person who killed him. And the case this thread is about wasn't exactly him starting it either...

I think in too many cases people see a name they recognize, be it from here or OOC or wherever and they see it as their opportunity to start something.

Bobmuhthol
After pulling all the shit that Rathmond did, you think he was still justified in killing the guy after it was resolved? An onslaught of GH and GM attention doesn't usually get followed up with PvP unnoticed.

TheWitch
07-08-2008, 02:32 PM
If the order of ops was: Item returned, kill perp, then no he probably didn't need to kill the guy. Assuming that in fact was what happened.

I still don't think pulling him was warranted, however. I don't know the Rathmond guy in game at all, or out. I don't use Psinet. Maybe it was warranted, just by prior bad acts. I'm willing to accept that as possibility, yea.

GSIVPlayer
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM
i should kill him over and over again. He did return the item, doesnt mean he didnt take it. He only returned it cause i made such a big stink over it.

a thief and con man is a thief and con man, whether they return the item or not.

RIGHT before i killed the guy, somone walked in and asked "is there a bard here?" he said <Valeros> 'yep, whatcha need'.. an boom, he was dead. No one deserves to go threw that BS again.

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM
<<He only returned it cause i made such a big stink over it.>>

This is a pretty bullshit claim.

Danical
07-08-2008, 02:43 PM
He only returned it cause i made such a big stink over it.

You have absolutely no idea if he was or was not going to give it back to you.

Try RPing next time?

Also, what are the specs of the item?

NocturnalRob
07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
The headband resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 12 to Whiny Bitch.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 2 times.
The headband looks to have more than your average giantman could count charges remaining.

GSIVPlayer
07-08-2008, 02:47 PM
try RP'n next time? i asked over and over for it to be returned with being ignored, then he started with the, what do you mean? first its a buckler then a katana now a headband? i'm going hunting.. and he logged off.

Joe
07-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Funniest part of him getting it back was what he recited about his logic.

Danical
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
saying the same thing over and over again is not RPing.

Parkbandit
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Just another example of how dumb this game is... you have to hand over an item to a bard to get it sung to.. but if that bard simply wants to keep the item, there's nothing that some of the GMs will do about it. I imagine that the no interference policy is completely different for other GMs, especially if it's a friend or well known player involved.

Scott
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
i should kill him over and over again. He did return the item, doesnt mean he didnt take it. He only returned it cause i made such a big stink over it.

a thief and con man is a thief and con man, whether they return the item or not.

RIGHT before i killed the guy, somone walked in and asked "is there a bard here?" he said <Valeros> 'yep, whatcha need'.. an boom, he was dead. No one deserves to go threw that BS again.

You shouldn't do anything. You couldn't RP the conflict out when he stole the item, so why do you want to act like a tough guy and kill him now? You asked for a GM to help you out, you gave up any right to do anything to him. You can't pick and choose when you want to RP.

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
<<I imagine that the no interference policy is completely different for other GMs, especially if it's a friend or well known player involved.>>

Prime examples: every time Warclaidhm did something retarded with one of his SUPER AWESOME weapons (this happened no less than 3 times).

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 03:01 PM
yes i ran to the GH GM's asap. i found a very enhansive item, exactly what i've been wanting, and instantly had it taken from me. If you read the log, he ignored me at first, then said, 'what headband' and such. i was powerless. then he said he was going hunting, and left game. So i insued trying threw posting on the officals and such.

then he came back and gave a big stink about 'this isnt worth much, i'll give you this shit shield for it' and said okay fine, after i was persistant about simply wanting my item back he had me recite that i needed logic blah blah.

Once i got the item back, i didnt hesitate to kill him, he is a thief and a con-man self proclaimed. i got pulled no quicker then sign of madness to wear off to Emeradan saying 'it dont work that way". which even in game he is a thief and a con man, which is for sure within policy to kill. I'm sure if Valeros did say something to andraste i would have gotten a offical warning or lockout. But i didnt.

GM's might not be favoring other people, but they sure do hate my ass. But really they dont or 'cant' do anything to help me. But i still found it important to get it all recorded before i lost a valueble item to threw some horrible RP.

Anyways i got my item back, time to go back to hunting. Thanks for all the replies.

You should have been warned. Why? Because you're a whiny bitch who wants it both ways. When something that you don't like happens--completely in-character, perfectly legitimate--you ran and CRIED to the GMs. Then you cried on HERE when they didn't agree with you.

Then, when you finally get what you want, Valeros is nice enough to give you back your item, THEN you try to resolve it in-game and kill him? You're a fucking idiot who wants it both ways, whenever it's most beneficial to you.

I can't wait to see you banned, and you eventually will be.

Sweets
07-08-2008, 03:02 PM
I love Valeros.

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm going to roleplay nominate him the next time I log in.

AnticorRifling
07-08-2008, 03:11 PM

Hey fuck ass he never took it. Get this through your brain housing. You, being the douche, gave it to him.

He did return it. The only true statement you've made thus far

....doesnt mean he didnt take it. It doesn't because he didn't.

Bottom line you're a tool, and a very dull one at that.

GSIVPlayer
07-08-2008, 03:12 PM
perfectly in character and perfectly legit, he claimed to be something he wasnt, took my item, ignored me, claimed the headband didnt exist, and logged off. GM's told me to RP it out. and thats what i did. I posted it here to make people aware of what can happen when exchanging items and how truely powerless you are when something un-expected happens. Something as good as the item i found is worth complaining about an getting all the attention i can in order for its prompt return.

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2008, 03:13 PM
<<perfectly in character and perfectly legit>>

That's why you were pulled, right?

AnticorRifling
07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
perfectly in character and perfectly legit, he claimed to be something he wasnt, took my item, ignored me, claimed the headband didnt exist, and logged off. GM's told me to RP it out. and thats what i did. I posted it here to make people aware of what can happen when exchanging items and how truely powerless you are when something un-expected happens. Something as good as the item i found is worth complaining about an getting all the attention i can in order for its prompt return.

Actually he did exactly what he should have as a con man. He never lied to you. He asked if a bard was needed (never claiming to be one) you asked do you sing (he answered honestly we all have the sing verb). You fail.

CrystalTears
07-08-2008, 03:17 PM
GM's told me to RP it out. and thats what i did.
Repeating "gimme the headband!!!!!111" isn't roleplaying (unless you roleplay a two year old).
I posted it here to make people aware of what can happen when exchanging items and how truely powerless you are when something un-expected happens.
Wow yeah. Now we know handing something to someone we don't know may get confiscated. Brilliant. Thanks for the head's up!
Something as good as the item i found is worth complaining about an getting all the attention i can in order for its prompt return.
What are the properties of this magnificent headband anyway?

GSIVPlayer
07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
find me a bard i might be able to tell ya.
:thanx:

Danical
07-08-2008, 04:18 PM
This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 90,000 silvers.

You sense a faint aura of magic around the aquamarine headband. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the headband is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose. Also, it seems to have some sort of enhancive properties.

From the rapid vibrations of the aquamarine headband, you determine it has no spell within it now, but could be imbedded with one, in the proper hands. You estimate that it can contain an average amount of mana.
The headband resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus to Logic Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 14 times.
You think that you could probably find out something more about the headband's enhancive properties if you tried.

The magical strength of this item is strong. It could probably handle the imbedding of an entirely new spell, if handled with care.

It provides a bonus of 3 to Logic Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 14 times.
The headband looks to have more than your average giantman could count charges remaining.

You sense that the aquamarine headband will crumble into dust after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

You sense that the aquamarine headband will disintegrate after its last magical charge has been expended.

CrystalTears
07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, he needs more logic. Not sure it's enough though. :tongue:

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2008, 04:25 PM
WOW WHAT A FUCKING FANTASTIC ITEM I WOULD BE SO UPSET IF I EVER LOST THAT

GSIVPlayer
07-08-2008, 04:25 PM
the -10 bonus for krolvin logc is harsh so it is my ideal enhansive.

Logic (LOG): 79 (4) ... 85 (7)

anyone know what actually uses the charges? i know i can recharge at the advg, and it fully charged. but i just want to kep it around for a long time hopefully.

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Just wearing it will randomly use charges.

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Wearing it uses the charges.

GSIVPlayer
07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
okay thanks. it is the ideal enhansive for me thats for sure.

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Why would anybody help this guy? :boggle:

BigWorm
07-08-2008, 04:38 PM
+3 Logic bonus is your ideal enhancive?

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Why would anybody help this guy? :boggle:

Because I don't know him anymore than...well you. He's not given me any reason to not help him yet.

mgoddess
07-08-2008, 04:54 PM
okay thanks. it is the ideal enhansive for me thats for sure.
Since it seems to crumble on the last enhancive charge, don't be surprised if it crumbles in the next couple of days... your asshattery will probably eat up those charges pretty quickly.

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Because I don't know him anymore than...well you. He's not given me any reason to not help him yet.

Trust me, I know this guy. He talks shit on Psinet non-stop, picks fights with people much stronger than him (in-game) and when they give him what he deserves? He hides behind warn interact/harassment. He's a blowhard who buys characters, equipment and then tries to act tough with them, but gets his ass handed to him ten times a day.

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 05:00 PM
And I should trust you because?

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Also, don't listen to Psinet and judge people for yourself.

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 05:19 PM
You don't need to trust me. Why would I care if you care about MY opinion of Rathmond? He's reviled in Elanthia, not just by me. You don't like my opinion? Take any one of a hundred other opinions of him, all--justifiably so--negative.

AestheticDeath
07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
What is the difference between crumble and disintegrate?

Nieninque
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Trust me, I know this guy. .

And I should trust you because?

You don't need to trust me.

Ashliana
07-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Lookup the term: "figure of speech."

Kyra231
07-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Where's Methais when we need him?

~K.

Fallen
07-08-2008, 05:29 PM
+3 to logic bonus is fairly nice. Nothing to sneeze at, anyway.

Rathmond's reputation aside, I would certainly hope a GM would turn a blind eye towards a thief's complaints who stole an item then was being repeatedly murdered. I know I would roleplay it to the extent of killing that fucker whenever he logged on until I got the item back.

Tolwynn
07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Figure 5k per deed gem, and then use the value of the stolen item like a running tab, that would be fairly equitable.

Kitsun
07-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Lordy, all that for an enchancive that will last maybe a day?

The whole buying characters, gear and picking fights deal sounds like Michaelious(sp). Think he slipped past his ban?

Stanley Burrell
07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I dunno about a headband, but that gave me a headache.

Khariz
07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
+3 to logic bonus is fairly nice. Nothing to sneeze at, anyway.

Rathmond's reputation aside, I would certainly hope a GM would turn a blind eye towards a thief's complaints who stole an item then was being repeatedly murdered. I know I would roleplay it to the extent of killing that fucker whenever he logged on until I got the item back.

Exactly what I was saying. If the GMs DID feel the need to get involved, they would need to stop both the killer and the theif. If they weren't willing to, the thief isn't staying alive, while I play.

NocturnalRob
07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
I dunno about a headband, but that gave me a headache.

stanley...sigh...

Stanley Burrell
07-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Affirmative action.

Sylph
07-08-2008, 06:53 PM
You're a retard.

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I got 1.5 mil for a pin with +1 logic bonus as a comparison....

Celephais
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
This is bullshit. I don't know Rathmond, clearly he sounds like an ass if people are actually siding against him here, but the GMs are definatly encouraging scams.

This is either GS the fallen or it isn't, you can't pick and choose when you coddle the playerbase.

Miss Ismurii
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
I think everyone here are twats and jerks to everyone. I'd like to judge him for myself. I know that Valeros was RPing but so was Rathmond. I think he just freaked out and called the GMs cause he really didn't think he was going to get it back. But I agree that it might have been a good idea to OOC whisper him to give it back later, if he said no, there would be a problem there def.

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Neither was roleplaying (Valeros was at least better than Rathmond).

Miss Ismurii
07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
It wasn't OOC until he told the GMs to get involved. So yes it was roleplaying. It may have not been the best, but it was.

Bobmuhthol
07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
You have such a distorted view of roleplaying...

Miss Ismurii
07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
No, not really.

Lord Orbstar
07-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Hmm. Valeros was roleplaying a con man, and was funny in his manner. the victim was Not roleplaying and needs to learn how to go with the flow and roleplay. Particularly since he set himself in the situation he found himself mired in.

Witty repartee and roleplay would have been great between them, but one side is not at that level. So..valeros was picking on a roleplay retard. It is like beating up a kindergartner. Yes, you can, but, no, you shouldn't.

the suggestion given of an OOC whisper to give it back later after roleplay interaction is a great one and a lesson I hope our victim takes with him.

Now, once he had his item back... hell yes. I would have murdered that thieving mother fucker immediately. I would murder him if I ever saw him about to perpetrate another scam on another person too...and made sure all in the vicinity knew what type of thieving vermin Valeros is.

Valeros chooses to roleplay a con-man and thief..and that is cool. There just are repercussions for that behavior, and there needs to be. ANd that doesn't come at the hands of a GM and certainly not from a Game Host. Game Hosts, if I recall, are as usefull as used toilet paper. Not so much.

Try not to be a whiney bitch to the GMs. Unless you *know* it is a TOS violation you cannot handle or is so egregious it begs their immediate attention, keep them out of it. You are playing a game of swords and high wizardry. I do not recall Fafrd, Elric, Conan, or any other heroic character wailing to the town guard when they were wronged. Deal with it according to the dictates of your own character's mores. Not yours. Your characters...that is roleplay.

Back in the good old days, there was a 'tard bard named magi..something or a rather. He looted some items from me when I died in the wilds. I tracked him down, killed him and drug him till he decayed. His friends kept trying to ressurect him...but I just kept a draggin'. If I recall correct, he had no deeds and *magicWTFwas his name just went Demonic!*

That was revenge. Now it is against the rules and not possible... point is, do what you have to within the constraints of game rules and your characters point of view and your ability to roleplay. Anything else will make you the douche so many people seem to attribute to you.

Kitty
07-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I love how things turn into a huge mess!

As far as Rathmond is concerned, seeing him on psinet - and therefore ooc - I think he's a twit. And a dork. And things along those lines. However, although I cannot help but to believe he might possibly bring things on himself (I've seen him smart off to other's, for what reasons I do not know), he's never given me a problem in game. So, my sweetheart cleric who loves and helps everyone continues to do so when he dies.

And, I won't lie...he dies a lot. Good business for me. :)

diethx
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
This is bullshit. I don't know Rathmond, clearly he sounds like an ass if people are actually siding against him here, but the GMs are definatly encouraging scams.

This is either GS the fallen or it isn't, you can't pick and choose when you coddle the playerbase.

:yeahthat:

I dunno this douche so i'll take everyone's word for it. However, I find it amusing how different I KNOW this thread would have gone had it been a well-liked regular that got ripped off instead of Rathmond. People would be ranting and raving about how Andraste and Emeradan are fat cunts that encourage scams and twist the rules to certain players' advantages.

Shari
07-08-2008, 11:21 PM
yes i ran to the GH GM's....blah, blah blah..

Wasn't it you who set of a scales trap intentionally on the Dais a month or so ago?

Act like a douche and expect to get treated that way.

Edited to add: I have given shit to complete strangers multiple times to have an item checked WITHOUT seeing if they're a bard. Regardless of who the character is..I think its complete bullshit that the GH was so unhelpful. I'm guessing because your reputation for getting in trouble. Who knows.

Celephais
07-08-2008, 11:36 PM
As someone who relies on being trusted occasionally (doing major enchants) and who is relatively trusting myself (handing over items for testing etc) I really would prefer the staff put their foot down about this. I had suggested (granted here not on the officials) an addition to the "give" verb, "with stipulation", so...

>Give bandana to asshat with stipulation bardsing and then return
Asshat2 offers you a bandana with the stipulation of bardsing and then return. Type ACCEPT CONFIRM to accept this item and the stipulation or CANCEL to deny the offer.

And then they just record the stipulation for a GM to pull up if needed.

Another suggestion that I think would be massively useful would be a "Lend" verb:

>Lend bandana to asshat for 1 hour
Asshat2 offers you his bandana for 1 hour. Type ACCEPT CONFIRM ... <blah blah>

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
07-09-2008, 04:25 AM

~K.

That slacker has blown his chance, and I've now returned to claim this thread in pseudo-Methais picture fashion!

http://www.thehumorarchives.com/attachment/988/strange-fail.jpg

Back
07-09-2008, 04:26 AM
HTTP Status 403 -

type Status report
description Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.16

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
07-09-2008, 04:35 AM
HTTP Status 403 -

type Status report
description Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.16

Am I the only one saying "WTF"?

TheWitch
07-09-2008, 06:32 AM
I don't think I would have been on the side of the OP in this case, no matter who it was.

Part of the reason GM's stick their noses in where they don't belong so often is because we (generalized to include the playerbase) ask them to stick their noses in too often on situations like this - that could easily have been RP'ed to the great enjoyment of everyone - but wasn't.

So they see some marginal situation going down, and stick their noses in where they're not needed as a stopgap against the situation becoming one they get whined to about five minutes later.

We really can't have it both ways. Either stop whining to the GM's at all unless the situation is far, far beyond your ability to walk away from, OR don't get pissed when the become Nosey Nancies.

Celephais
07-09-2008, 09:59 AM
I don't think I would have been on the side of the OP in this case, no matter who it was.
I call bullshit.

Part of the reason GM's stick their noses in where they don't belong so often is because we (generalized to include the playerbase) ask them to stick their noses in too often on situations like this - that could easily have been RP'ed to the great enjoyment of everyone - but wasn't.
The GMs stick their noses in regardless of if they're asked all the time.

So they see some marginal situation going down, and stick their noses in where they're not needed as a stopgap against the situation becoming one they get whined to about five minutes later.

We really can't have it both ways. Either stop whining to the GM's at all unless the situation is far, far beyond your ability to walk away from, OR don't get pissed when the become Nosey Nancies.
As I said, they need to put their foot down either way, they already jump in and intervene all the time, I'm betting this wasn't the turning point of them suddenly letting us handle our own problems. They need to draw lines and stick to them.

Deathravin
07-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Good to know the old fashioned game of 'keep away' is alive and well in a text-based world, and there are still the douche bags on the playground that call the teacher over when their red bouncy ball is taken away from them.

He took it for some fun and RP opportunity.
He kept it because you were a jerk about it.

TheWitch
07-09-2008, 10:49 AM
I call bullshit.

I'm curious to know why you call bullshit.

Anyone silly enough to hand over an item they already determined was of great value, if not monetarily at least to them, to someone they don't know at all will not get my pity. I don't care who it is.

They might get a "sucks to be you" from me. That would be about it.

As far as the GM thing. Come on. They have nerfed professions from the whining people do. I play the profession in question, and have for a long time. People can't stand it when someone's smarter, faster, better, trickier, whathaveyou than they are. So everyone wants some sort of liberal-minded Disney land nanny state where everyone is on fair ground and nothing bad ever happens to anyone. When things don't fall out that way, they whine and expect the GM's to make their boo-boo go away and nerf the guy that's a better hunter/CvCer/whatever and make their shitty empath hunting selves better hunters AND healers, blah blah blah.

It is the game the players have created, when it comes to this crap, IMO. Another case of be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Tolwynn
07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
They have nerfed professions from the whining people do. I play the profession in question, and have for a long time.

There's been a long downward spiral that's affected most, if not all professions.

Any profession gets a perceived advantage, people cry, and yet another thing gets nerfed. The bad part is that people get so caught up in this cycle of crying over perceived advantage that they become too short-sighted to see that enough nerfs tossed around will bring their own profession under the nerf hammer as well, eventually.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
07-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Sheesh, nobody even bothered to post a fail picture for my failed fail picture? :(

I miss Methais.

Heshinar
07-13-2008, 06:01 PM
I do not post often but after reading this and knowing that GS is supposed to be an RP game as well as hack and slash I think Rathmond you lost a very EXCELLENT opportunity to RP a situation.

IE: (This is my idea on what I would have done)

"Return my Headband sir."

"What Headband?" (Or whatever was said)

"Sir, You may be a very large person but when you are not looking a sword in the back is still deadly no matter your size. " Replies Rathmond as he fingers the edge of his blade with a knowing grin.

Valeros eyes the man up and down trying to gauge what his chances in a back alley would be and says "Sir but you gave me the headband" with a sincere voice.

Rathmond considers a moment and with a flash has the point of his sword (Whatever you use) lined up with Valeros's Juggler, just a push away from death and says "I suggest sir that if you think I am unable to get my item back in anyway I choose you can try and walk away now." With a shrug and a smirk Rathmond continues, "But you can call yourself lucky and just hand it back right now"

With a slight shake of his frame Valeros hands back the headband to Rathmond, "Well sir I think I have your headband here. I am so sorry but I am not trained well enough to find the answers to this item you sought." Forgive me if you misunderstood my actions.

---------------------------------

Okay so the exact actions and such might be hard to do in GS but I think both would deserve RPA if Rathmond had tried to RP other than as someone whining for their item back.

Anyways one of these days I need to figure out what verb are what and get into some RP eventually.

crb
07-13-2008, 07:59 PM
You can use itchy curse to take gear.

I've done it numerous times. Generally some twit is angry at me and threatens me, I remove their sword from their possession. They then bitch and moan and usually get a GM. I say I took the sword to defend myself, as they threatened violence against me with it, I make them swear not to attack me, and then I give it back. I rp the whole thing, even with the GM, never got a warning.

One particularly egregious bitch (she literally tried to seduce me to get me to lower my defenses if you can believe someone trying that in a text game) I dispelled a few enchants on her 10x shield before giving it back. OF course I played dumb as to how the shield got weaker.

This other bitch, Annamarie or whatever her name was, the lesbian wizardress, I'm sure someone remembers her. She had bots scripting infusing the tower on Teras. I used her mana pool, she got all hot and bothered and attacked me. I killed her twice and voided her shield, so worth it. No warning, had to pay a fine of 4 mil though.

Anyways, it seems to me that using something like itchy curse isn't a hard and fast rule, if you're retaliating for something equivalent, well then the person asked for it. Didn't they? If someone tried that little manuever with me I'd have no problems using the curse on them while hunting, and taking their gear as hostage for the return of my item. But... I have a bard now so, and know others, so no worries.

Zarli
07-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Never seen Valeros on Teras before either, but I bet I know who owns him.

I've never met this Rathmond guy until last night but the second he showed up, Sorchia, Adamina, and the whole crew showed up and started acting stupid.

you've been introduced to the ooc psinet crew

Methais
07-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Valeros offers you a mithril-edged vultite buckler inset with thick steel knobs. Type ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
>whisper nithic he offered to sing to it for me, and now he is saying he is a con-man
You quietly whisper to Nithic, "He offered to sing to it for me, and now he is saying he is a con-man."
>
Valeros asks, "Your buckler..?"
>
Sorchia laughs!
>
Valeros asks, "What is yours?"
>'my headband sir. return it please.
You say, "My headband sir. return it please."

Why didn't you just accept the shield he almost gave you by accident? You had plenty of time for it before he cancelled.

This other bitch, Annamarie or whatever her name was, the lesbian wizardress, I'm sure someone remembers her. She had bots scripting infusing the tower on Teras. I used her mana pool, she got all hot and bothered and attacked me. I killed her twice and voided her shield, so worth it. No warning, had to pay a fine of 4 mil though.

I remember that fuckwipe. The rl dude playing a lesbian character in a lesbian relationship with Thabetha, some sorc chick.

Ashliana
07-14-2008, 11:28 AM
You can dispel wizard-made enchants on equipment, permanently? Heh. What a thing to do.

Asha
07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I know V said he did it without getting into trouble but I'm pretty sure if you tried that now you would be fucked by 95 percent of GMs.
That's basically taking someone's equipment and destroying it almost as bad as a void would.

I've heard before it's completely against policy.

Methais
07-14-2008, 02:33 PM
OOC]-Rathmond: "now i'll probly get locked out."

[OOC]-Valeros: "No. Andraste asked me if I wanna complain about it and I said no because Im not a bitch."

I haven't read the whole thread yet (too lazy), but I'm guessing from this, that Valeros didn't even report Rathmond for killing him, and that Andraste just went ahead and pulled him anyway? :wtf:

Andraste seriously needs to learn to stay out of shit if nobody's reporting.

Khariz
07-14-2008, 02:34 PM
I haven't read the whole thread yet (too lazy), but I'm guessing from this, that Valeros didn't even report Rathmond for killing him, and that Andraste just went ahead and pulled him anyway? :wtf:

Andraste seriously needs to learn to stay out of shit if nobody's reporting.

I agree.

Methais
07-14-2008, 02:48 PM

~K.

That slacker has blown his chance, and I've now returned to claim this thread in pseudo-Methais picture fashion!

http://www.thehumorarchives.com/attachment/988/strange-fail.jpg

Sheesh, nobody even bothered to post a fail picture for my failed fail picture? :(

I miss Methais.

O HAI, sorry I'm late. I have failed this thread :(
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/GeoK_sc/CowEpicFail.jpg

Fallen
07-14-2008, 03:19 PM
A lot of the stuff V said wont work anymore. Voiding items on the ground that are registered wont work. Using dispel to strip enchants wont work either.

Methais
07-14-2008, 03:20 PM
There's always the well.

Fallen
07-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, there are still many ways to destroy some nice stuff, just stating those particular ones don't work.

crb
07-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Take 10x sword of doom out hunting

drop 10x sword of doom

wait until kobold picks up 10x sword of doom

implode kobold.

Methais
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Can a kobold even hold a 10x item? I never bothered to wonder if the level restriction applies to critters too.