PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Viridian Soulstone?

McWhanger
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Not sure where to post, so here:

I hunted some soul golems today for a bounty, and picked up a couple fiery viridian soulstones, because I'd never seen them before, and wondered what they do. Apparently they might do something, but I have no idea what, anyone know? Here's what I found in my examinations:

>exa souls
Jagged cracked edges strikingly interrupt the green soulstone's smooth curves. Under its surface, white flames subtly tickle the edges of the stone, seemingly in an attempt to escape.

>inspect souls
You carefully inspect your fiery viridian soulstone.

You determine that you could not wear the soulstone. The soulstone appears to serve some purpose.

>prep 405
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast souls
You gesture at a fiery viridian soulstone.
You sense that this is a magical item. There seems to be a spell of some sort imbedded and the flows of essence indicate there may still be some charges left. You estimate that it can contain an average amount of mana and it is not well suited for duplicating.

>rub souls
You rub the fiery viridian soulstone in your hand.
>tap souls
You tap a fiery viridian soulstone, which is in your right hand.
>raise souls
You raise your fiery viridian soulstone skyward!
>wave souls
You raise your fiery viridian soulstone towards the sky!
1d100: 55 + Modifiers: 212 == 267

Nothing happens.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

You feel at full magical power again.
>wave souls at XXXX
You wave your fiery viridian soulstone at XXXX.
1d100: 67 + Modifiers: 212 == 279

Nothing happens.
The fiery viridian soulstone suddenly disintegrates!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Also for some reason I tried:
>wave souls at my dag
You wave your fiery viridian soulstone at a dagger.
1d100: 49 + Modifiers: 87 == 136

That won't accomplish much.

Any thoughts, or anyone know? Some alchemy thing?

Some Rogue
07-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Lifekeep

McWhanger
07-07-2008, 06:48 PM
durrr, thanks. Didnt have any bodies to test on, and wouldnt have thought about it, but I remember seeing, or at least hearing about these things now. Thanks

Methais
07-07-2008, 06:50 PM
I thought soul golems normally dropped glowing soulstones?

Some Rogue
07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
They drop both, the glowing are more rare.

I think the glowing ones are imbeddable right?

Danical
07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
They drop both, the glowing are more rare.

I think the glowing ones are imbeddable right?

Yeah, I think so.

They were updated when soul golems got updated.

Methais
07-07-2008, 07:22 PM
What did they change about soul golems during their update, whenever that happened? Anything significant? Or just a normal BCS conversion?

McWhanger
07-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Speaking of soul golems on Teras, is there any other way to get to them other than jumping into wind wraiths and climbing back up?

Some Rogue
07-07-2008, 07:47 PM
What did they change about soul golems during their update, whenever that happened? Anything significant? Or just a normal BCS conversion?

Not sure. This is what Grendeg posted on the officials about them which turned out to be mostly outdated.

-They have double attacks 100% of the time, which is either a pound (nasty) or an ensnare (harmless). A double pound attack when you're in an offensive stance can hurt.

False, it's not 100% chance.

-They have a maneuver attack which pushes you into a steam column in the temple. You have a chance of dodging it, but if you get pushed in, you take damage anywhere from a minor to a death crit. Either way you'll end up outside again and have to re-enter through the wind tunnels.

Still true.

-Almost-immune to stuns. They'll break a Voln-Fu stun immediately. If you knock them down, they'll use their action to stunbreak and stand again, but if they're standing, they'll stunbreak and double attack you immediately.

False, they break the stun on their next action. Then wait a round to attack. If they're knocked down, they use their action to break a stun first, then next round they will stand, then the following round they will attack.

-I don't believe that they have sheer fear, but I dunno if I'd try to take them on at 45 trainings.

They do sheer fear now.

Some Rogue
07-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Speaking of soul golems on Teras, is there any other way to get to them other than jumping into wind wraiths and climbing back up?

That's the only way in.

McWhanger
07-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Ah, k, thanks. Seem to be getting a lot of bounties here now and was hoping...

By the way, they seem slightly corporeal, at least I can hack their leg off, and they stay prone, and if I ambush an eye from hiding, I have a pretty decent chance to crit them.

Everything else about maneuvers and the double pound/ensnare attack seems about right though so far.

Oh, and you can't ewave them, they absorb it and stay standing, with some messaging about glowing, it may heal them, didn't bother to test further.

Methais
07-07-2008, 07:57 PM
So I'm guessing they're still immune to all magic, save for blue and crystal wands? Repel used to be the only spell that worked on them back in the day. Does Bane/Smite work on them now?

McWhanger
07-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Couldn't tell ya Methais, I only tried ewave, maybe I'll try 409 for a laugh next time and see

LadyLaphrael
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
And their boxes are beyond fucked up, correct? Caliper measurement never seemed to yield a consistent result when measurement was even possible. Half the time I'd get a "Um, durr, there's a trap in this, you fool, try disarming again" message, if not the "Something goes horribly awry" messaging...with absolutely no trap going off.

Methais
07-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I remember that they were notorious for having extremely tough locks on their boxes in GS3, for any level, not just theirs. I remember someone having a box with a -1300 lock or something ridiculous like that, and they were what, 66 in GS3?

There also used to be a bug that would cause them to drop boxfound stuff like crazy too. That bug was fixed, but maybe a bug is still lingering with their boxes.

McWhanger
07-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Ah, good point! Yes, their boxes are whacked. They do seem pretty easy for the level though, just cant measure them I think

Some Rogue
07-07-2008, 08:25 PM
As far as I know, they're still resistant to most magic. I've heard cleric circle works, not just bane/smite.

They are corporeal, but very crit resistant. I couldn't stand to hunt them until I fixskilled into 1x brawling for Fu.

As for the boxes, yeah, they're very crazy. They are never trapped so you can just pick them without even disarming. They're no good for caliper reps at all because of the weirdness with them. Also, the lock resets everytime you attempt to open it. It could be -900 one time, -500 the next. They're still pretty tough, but random. I think they average tougher than fire mage boxes.

McWhanger
07-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Ah, I havent pulled enough boxes out yet to notice any pattern on the locks yet, but the 4 or 5 last night were all around -550 +/- 50 I think

Jinsem
07-07-2008, 09:06 PM
There boxs were fixed when they went to BCS. The also drop 3 types of spheres. I seem to no longer have those saved though. One was a blank imbed, one was LK, and the other was something else.

Also, you can ring into the room at the top of the stairs. I'm unsure about using 930 since I just scripted my gold rings.

That's about all I can recall.

Jinsem

Some Rogue
07-07-2008, 09:32 PM
There boxs were fixed when they went to BCS. The also drop 3 types of spheres. I seem to no longer have those saved though. One was a blank imbed, one was LK, and the other was something else.

Well the boxes can still range pretty high..I know there are some I've tried that I got no reading on so it had to be at least -900.

The only soulstones I have ever seen drop since I have been hunting up there the last few levels are fiery, glowing and cracked. Fiery are LK, Glowing are imbeds, cracked are worthless.

BigWorm
07-08-2008, 12:24 PM

Also, you can ring into the room at the top of the stairs. I'm unsure about using 930 since I just scripted my gold rings.

That's about all I can recall.

Jinsem

No, their boxes weren't.

As said before, the lock changes on every attempt. I don't think they have a set range but rather are based on the capabilities of the picker. I have about 250 ranks at cap and I find that they range up to slightly above my lored max with a vaalin.

g++
07-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Gonna go with Worm on that, I see soul golem locks go up to about -1150 which also happens to be right around my max with a vaalin, I dont think its a coincidence.

Danical
07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
That's pretty fucking sick then. You could conceivably box hunt those for life.

Some Rogue
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
That's pretty fucking sick then. You could conceivably box hunt those for life.

Except you'd see your treasure (and box) rate drop to near nothing once they were too low level.

Danical
07-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh yeah. :(