PDA

View Full Version : What's more annoying than stupidity?

Betheny
12-31-2003, 07:43 PM
This.

Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went northwest.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went northeast.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went east.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went west.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went south.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went west.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went east.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went south.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went south.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went west.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went east.
>ne
Myentin just arrived.
Myentin just arrived.
>sw
>
[The Broken Lands, Library]
The tall shelves of this once-magnificent library are now completely bare. A large globe stands in one corner, covered with a thick layer of dust. Even though all of the books and scrolls are long gone, the room still carries the odor of old paper and ink.
Obvious exits: southwest
>
[The Broken Lands, Central Hall]
The high ceiling of this large hall is supported by several tall columns. Discolored areas on the floor indicate that several pieces of furniture or other large items once stood here for a long period of time. You also see a musty red apron, some augmented chain, a hooded cloak, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a hooded cloak, a dagger, a cloud of pale violet rouk that is flying around and a low arch.
Also here: Myentin
Obvious exits: northeast, east, south, west, northwest
>
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went south.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin ponders.
>
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went south.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went east.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went west.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>
Myentin just went south.
>
Myentin just arrived.
>

Bobmuhthol
12-31-2003, 07:44 PM
You can report him for that. I've done it.

Betheny
12-31-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
You can report him for that. I've done it.

Me = not you.

Shalla
12-31-2003, 07:45 PM
Maybe he's a ranger? :lol:

Edit: Excellent roleplaying of a lost ranger. :thumbsup:

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by Lady Shalla]

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 07:46 PM
What do you want to do then, if you don't want to report him?

stoping him with spells? kill him?

Betheny
12-31-2003, 07:47 PM
How about make a post about how fucking annoying that is, and do nothing?

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 07:48 PM
It will then change nothing, so that stupidity in question will continue

ACTIONS

Skirmisher
12-31-2003, 07:49 PM
Well I guess thats an option.

But where would you go to do such a thing?

Betheny
12-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Right here.

It's annoying, but it isn't annoying to the point I want to kill him. All my attacking him would do is piss him off and create conflict I really don't want or need in my life, be it my character's or my own.

I'm a firm believer that when you're in a small hunting area full of people you pick a room and stand there. Hell, I'm fried already, and these people are still running around like idiots.

If it bothered me so much I wanted to report him, I would, but in all honesty? Why waste a GM's time? They've got better things to do than cater to my whining. I'm not Garr. Or Bobmuhthol.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 07:52 PM
Ahhhh

Then I would annoy you a lot when I was hunting

A LOT

I calmed down when I noticed monsters were generating with pulses, but was fast still

Betheny
12-31-2003, 07:53 PM
To each his or her own, it isn't like you'd be interfering with my hunting. But that's why I pick my ground and stand on it -- Because then I won't run past any critters and lose them to the speed racers.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 07:54 PM
I did both

When I realized i could fry in less than 30 seconds in kiramons and do other stuff like selling/buying, or afking stuff such as reading, tv, music, et cetera...

I decided it was worth the moving a lot racing

Betheny
12-31-2003, 07:56 PM
Kiramon isn't a tiny hunting ground like hooded figures, K.

And, that wasn't my point, my point was, I would rather stand in one spot and thus not lose any of my creatures to idiots that run around than run around and lose all the creatures to someone with a script.

Thx.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 07:59 PM
Your point was understood. If you stay in one hot spot and leave when you fried, it's a reason why he does that

In some places, such as small hunting ground, monsters generate like 50% of the time in those hot places.

That's worse, in my opinion, IF IT'S SMALL (like 5 rooms and less)

Shalla
12-31-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
It's annoying, but it isn't annoying to the point I want to kill him. All my attacking him would do is piss him off and create conflict I really don't want or need in my life, be it my character's or my own.

Ahh.. the logic and maturity.. I like her already :)

12-31-2003, 08:01 PM
umm why are you bitching? If you remember what they suggest in game is NOT to stand in one spot it is hunting etiquette to move around. Second he would blow you away if you cast at him hes a bit older than you. third umm why again are you bitching he was moving around and hunting you were standing in one spot that often is what happens when people hunt. I go back and fourth back and fourth all the time

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
Your point was understood. If you stay in one hot spot and leave when you fried, it's a reason why he does that

In some places, such as small hunting ground, monsters generate like 50% of the time in those hot places.

That's worse, in my opinion, IF IT'S SMALL (like 5 rooms and less)

I don't think there's really 'hot spots' here. It's a 7 room area where the figures gen (though there are probably parts I don't know about.) I just pick a room and stand, it doesn't matter which room it is.

DaMaGe
12-31-2003, 08:03 PM
To move around is run thing.

To continually smash the keyboard at .5 strokes a second is something completely different.

-Adam

Skirmisher
12-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Script hunting just sucks.

I know alot of you use it and for that all I can say sorry, but you being nice people in general doesnt make script hunting suck any less.

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:04 PM
<edine's post here>

1. I'm not camping in any sense of the word. Camping would involve just standing there and killing things for treasure or fame or whatever. I'm hunting.

2. It's a very small area, I'm not about to run around and scroll other people's screens just because you think it's 'etiquette' to move around. I move around. But not like that. That.. is excessive.

3. I already said I wasn't going to attack him, and I really could give two shits and a fuck less about how old he is or how bad he'd supposedly 'blast' me, k?

12-31-2003, 08:05 PM
um I one hand the keypad and spend less than half a second in a room most often im two rooms ahead before i see I passed a critter and go back, not script hunting.

12-31-2003, 08:06 PM
oh and I type much faster than a script runs so I guess that makes me worse than a script.

Myentin
12-31-2003, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't know that hunting in the broken lands and continuously searching around for hooded figures was against game policy.

-Myentin

P.S. If you know anything about xml code and gemstone, each room as a creature generation spawn rate, and when entering and exiting a room will trigger this spawn timer and increase more creatures for everyone. But if you just of course jumped in to ridicule me for trying to hunt, then the obvious blind would miss something as this. :D :cool:

P.P.S BTW If you're fried, then get the hell out of that room you're hogging and let others have a chance. Bless your heart! and have a happy new year!

DaMaGe
Originally posted by The Edine
um I one hand the keypad and spend less than half a second in a room most often im two rooms ahead before i see I passed a critter and go back, not script hunting.

And it's fuckers like you who make hunting suck more than it has to.

-Adam

Skirmisher
I guess it could be me then cause to move like that SO often without a word now and then just says script hunting to me.

Not a HUGE interaction but a word, a comment, a nod, a joke, anything.

I'm horribly demanding in my way of thinking like that.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 08:10 PM
Same thing as THE, I was moving way faster than the .5 second the other guy was talking about

If the 7 room in question are like this (ascii)

O
........^
O----A------O
^.....^.......^
O----O------B

And you stuck yourself at "A", It's PERFECLTY normal to see fast movement.

Stuck yourself at "B" and it would surely be not the case

And you can put people's movement according to your highlight, i think?

[Edited on 1-1-04 by Xcalibur]

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Myentin
I'm sorry, I didn't know that hunting in the broken lands and continuously searching around for hooded figures was against game policy.

-Myentin

P.S. If you know anything about xml code and gemstone, each room as a creature generation spawn rate, and when entering and exiting a room will trigger this spawn timer and increase more creatures for everyone. But if you just of course jumped in to ridicule me for trying to hunt, then the obvious blind would miss something as this. :D :cool:

P.P.S BTW If you're fried, then get the hell out of that room you're hogging and let others have a chance. Bless your heart! and have a happy new year!

I never said it was against policy. I do n't know/care about game mechanics, I never insulted you.

As for 'hogging' a room, I'd rather hog one room than the entire fucking hunting grounds. Thx.

if im hunting im there to hunt not interact with people peroid.

DaMaGe
Same thing as THE, I was moving way faster than the .5 second blah blah blah...

Both of you knew what I meant. Not half a second literally, just fucking FAST.

-Adam

Skirmisher
12-31-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by The Edine
if im hunting im there to hunt not interact with people peroid.

Heaven forbid.

Don't strain yourself there.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 08:16 PM
Not only i am not interacting, but I'm ignoring people when hunting

You run in places with monsters huge enough to destroy a village, but start socializing with someone..

No damn way

For exemple how fast i moved, remember the wraith's keep under the graveyard? I was doing all the room in less than 5 seconds, fast huh? fast hunt = fast fry = fast roleplaying

CrystalTears
12-31-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Myentin

I don't like people running back and forth like a maniac in a hunting area very much either, but I do have to agree with the above. If you're not hunting anymore, just go somewhere else and give others a chance.

I can't stand when people are just standing in one spot to "rest" and then no one else can hunt in that room, ergo causing people to complain about people walking in and out all day. Frankly I don't sit in one room either. It's boring and I don't consider that hunting. If you're fried, move along.

12-31-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by DaMaGe

Same thing as THE, I was moving way faster than the .5 second blah blah blah...

Both of you knew what I meant. Not half a second literally, just fucking FAST.

-Adam

and you know its like me to give ya a hard time about it

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:19 PM
Y ou ought to read my posts.

I vacate the area when I'm done, I don't stand there and kill for treasure or whatever.

Feel free to observe my hunting habits if you feel the need to prove me right.

Skirmisher
12-31-2003, 08:20 PM
Not only i am not interacting, but I'm ignoring people when hunting

You run in places with monsters huge enough to destroy a village, but start socializing with someone..

No damn way

For exemple how fast i moved, remember the wraith's keep under the graveyard? I was doing all the room in less than 5 seconds, fast huh? fast hunt = fast fry = fast roleplaying

Sorry but that = Zero roleplaying.

You are in a dangerous area with monsters with horrible strength and or powers that can kill you and not only do you not interact with a potential ally or aid in case things go wrong, you actually ignore them totally?

It's not fast roleplaying, its just lazy.

CrystalTears
12-31-2003, 08:20 PM
How can you vacate the area if you're standing there watching someone weave in and out of a room? Either you're there or you're not, regardless of what kind of action you're taking.

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:21 PM
I was still hunting. There weren't any creatures in the area. Dude did all of th at in the span of about 60 seconds. It wasn't like I was there for 20 minutes.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 08:22 PM
When you're like level 60, you know what's best for you, I WOULD PRESUME

Personnaly, I did NOT need help, ON THE CONTRARY.

Helps was hurting my way of hunting.

And, for exemple, banshees knock very easly warrior and rogues down, so you need to pull them, haste them, et cetera.

No way, hunting = dangerous = shut up and move along

After, you go slip some wine speaking of your glory, about the chest you got, anything, but I'm like THE in that case.

If you go with a group, it's a different story, though

[Edited on 1-1-04 by Xcalibur]

CrystalTears
12-31-2003, 08:24 PM
I need a translater. Stat.

Skirmisher
12-31-2003, 08:26 PM
When you're like level 60, you know what's best for you, I WOULD PRESUME

Personnaly, I did NOT need help, ON THE CONTRARY.

Helps was hurting my way of hunting.

And, for exemple, banshees knock very easly warrior and rogues down, so you need to pull them, haste them, et cetera.

No way, hunting = dangerous = shut up and move along

The fact that you do not quite understand how ooc such a mentality is does not surprise me.

You will never get it so I will not debate the point with you. With someone else I might but you are like the palooka guy from flame warriors so there is just no point.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 08:27 PM
The fact is that you disagree with me and bring something that has no meaning in the discussion as OOC mentality

Some people are loners, by the way.

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm a loner, most of the time.

Hunting with other people can be really annoying.

12-31-2003, 08:30 PM
skirmisher at any time has anyone here ever complained of me not roleplaying?

I do not chat with people while I hunt I hunt I could care less what other people are doing, it a competition on who can get the critters first I tell you! The Edine is the best at everything so he must win at that as well.

I will help people in need unstun etc. but beyond that im hunting and they can bugger off if they want to break my concentration. ::grins::

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:33 PM
I dunno Edine, but you brought yourself into this arguement, not anyone else.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 08:34 PM
It's so simple, and I don't understand why there's an argument

IT'S NOT ooc to hunt fast and ignore people on the field.

Some people hunt for 20 minutes, some for 2 minutes.

I was part of the 2 minutes. If you "camp" somewhere, you'd see me move a lot.

Simple as that

Skirmisher
12-31-2003, 08:35 PM
I didnt tell you to enter a long term relationship with everyone you come across Edine.

A simple nod or something does not require a hell of alot of time.

I also tend to hunt alone quite often, but that doesnt turn me into a deaf mute to all other characters while doing so.

It really isn't that difficult.

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
I didnt tell you to enter a long term relationship with everyone you come across Edine.

A simple nod or something does not require a hell of alot of time.

I also tend to hunt alone quite often, but that doesnt turn me into a deaf mute to all other characters while doing so.

It really isn't that difficult.

<insert clapping here>

Not everyone can do that, t hough. I may power hunt, but you'd never catch me pretending I was playing a one player game. ;)

DaMaGe
12-31-2003, 08:41 PM
Xcalibur, Skirmisher's point is this.

He ( I think ) is talking about playing the role of your character, also known as ROLEPLAYING. You're out on a hunt and you come across someone else in the area. Now, this person may be either valuable or detrimental to your health should you get into trouble. Obviously not everyone will be so willing to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger, regardless of the circumstances. Just play the scenario out as your character would react to it.

You replay with knowing what's what by the time you make level sixty and which maneuvers creatures are able to execute. That's where the OOC mentality comment came from.

-Adam

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:42 PM
Skirmisher is a girl ;)

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Myentin whispers, "Ooh and by the way, if you hae a problem with me you can tell me directly instead of posting in on some boards and bitch about me behind my back."
>tell imp to find thralkin
Your white imp acknowledges your command and goes off in search of Thralkin.

A spindly white imp darts out of the room, surveying its surroundings as it leaves.
>
Myentin bows to you.
>whisper myentin Wow, way to separate IC and OOC.
You quietly whisper to Myentin, "Wow, way to separate IC and OOC."
>
You sense your white imp has caught up with Thralkin.
>
Myentin whispers, "Wow way to see you're a total bitch."
>
Myentin waves a hand at you, dismissing you indifferently.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by DaMaGe
Xcalibur, Skirmisher's point is this.

He ( I think ) is talking about playing the role of your character, also known as ROLEPLAYING. You're out on a hunt and you come across someone else in the area. Now, this person may be either valuable or detrimental to your health should you get into trouble. Obviously not everyone will be so willing to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger, regardless of the circumstances. Just play the scenario out as your character would react to it.

You replay with knowing what's what by the time you make level sixty and which maneuvers creatures are able to execute. That's where the OOC mentality comment came from.

-Adam

Then I guess that OOC mentality is spread a lot among its players. I agree with it.

I'll then tell this: I usualy meet those unknown people, BEFORE, when roaming in town searching what is where.

That being said, Teras wasn't full of people, you end up knowing the people really fast

But I agree with her/his point still

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 08:50 PM
Myentin whispered which is considered OOC

I think he still did well

CrystalTears
12-31-2003, 08:51 PM
At least he whispered it.

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:51 PM
I don't think so.

I purposely didn't bring it in-game because I don't want th e retarded ass conflict that retards like him will bring up.

If you have problems, bring it here. My IM is posted, and you can always U2U me. But please, please, have the maturity to leave it out of the game, eh? I didn't do anything in game, and I'm not going to do anything in game.

I never said I have a problem with you, or that I think you're <insert random insult here>, I said I found such behavior annoying. I have the right to be annoyed and post about it.

Myentin
12-31-2003, 08:55 PM
Your post:

I purposely didn't bring it in-game because I don't want th e retarded ass conflict that retards like him will bring up.

retarded ass conflict that retards like him will bring up. hmm...

But please, please, have the maturity to leave it out of the game, eh? I didn't do anything in game, and I'm not going to do anything in game.

Neither am I, and retard is mature?

I never said I have a problem with you, or that I think you're <insert random insult here>, I said I found such behavior annoying. I have the right to be annoyed and post about it.

Inser random insult? Just call me a dick and get it over with, it's not something you have never heard before.

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:56 PM
Fine, you dick, leave it out of the game and bring it here.

I never said shit about your character or you, as I don't know you, until you came up to me in game, w hich is pretty RETARDED if you ask me.

Myentin
12-31-2003, 08:59 PM
honestly I'm not sure why I'm even posting and wasting my time when I could be off doing something far more important. But just so you'll get your small insignificant satisfaction, fine I'm a dick blah blah blah, I'm a moron, blah blah blah, I'm sorry, blah blah blah, and oh yeah.....hmm, sorry I just can't think of something snappy enough to match your wit. I admit defeat Oh humble sorceress!

-Myentin

Betheny
12-31-2003, 08:59 PM
You made this thread what it is, bud. Not me.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 09:11 PM
How is he a dick?

he whispered when he heard you made a thread on him.

When someone hunt with unfocused 710, 720, it's frustrating

but that? please, no way

Betheny
12-31-2003, 09:11 PM
He's a dick because he told me to call him one.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 09:14 PM
Ahhaha yes, you are right on that.

That being said, i remind all of you it's a game and it's anyone's right to play a loner that race or a "camping bitch"

Betheny
12-31-2003, 09:16 PM
That was never the point, my intent wasn't to insult anyone, rather to point out how annoying such actions are to me. I wasn't t he one that came in here with insulting words and anger, and I wasn't the one that began name-slinging. Do I think he's a dick? Nah. I think he's a child. I really could care less about him, to be frank, except scrolling is exceptionally annoying.

Do I hunt with unfocused 710 or 720? No. So whatever po int you were trying to make with that statement is moot.

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 09:22 PM
My point is:

Expect text in a game text base

In ff11, You'd see someone walking around you 20 times per minute

In gemstone, you see him 20 times entering the room and 20 times exiting it.

Betheny
12-31-2003, 09:24 PM
Okay.

1. Scrolling is against policy. Just because I'm not about to report for that shit, doesn't mean it's right.

2. It's annoying, and not just to me.

I shouldn't 'expect' to see that kind of thing. I DO see it and accept it as part of playing an MMOG. However. That doesn't mean I should ACCEPT it just because some percentage of POWER PLAYERS or whatever do it.

I play a little differently, maybe. That's fine. It isn't like I walked up to the guy and started a fight. It isn't like I came here and started blasting the guy, calling him an asshole or whatever because of that. I do n't think he's an asshole. I don't think he's anything. Maybe he doesn't know or care how annoying it is.

But *I* have a right to express how annoying it is, I"m sure the rest of you have done the same thing. Perhaps I'll just start editing the names out of what I post, so as not to alienate anyone.

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by Maimara]

Xcalibur
12-31-2003, 09:29 PM
Eh, You have all the right you want, that isn't my problem with this, I agree somewhat with you, and mostly with "him"

That's also why i never hunted small rooms when it's crowded

Latrinsorm
12-31-2003, 10:10 PM
I use scripts to run around areas that I'm hunting. When I was hunting, say, that little vale in Aillidh Brae where Thraks and Mants are, I wouldn't do it when people were around. Now that I'm hunting War Trolls on the Slope, psh, forget about it. The place is huge, I'm not wasting my time manually walking around that. However, there were some campers there today who (I guess) didn't like that, seeing as how they took a swing or two (or three or four) at me :D But hey, they weren't swinging hard, so it's all in good fun.

My theory:

If it's a big area, and you are camping, don't talk about scripters.

If it's a small area, and you are scripting, stop when campers show up.

Although I think the GM's are trying to push us toward camping, what with the massive upswing in critter disappearances when not in room.

Kurapira
12-31-2003, 10:46 PM
The point was that he was running around and she doesn't do it so she felt the need to cry about it and here we are.

she camps
he runs

Who cares.

Nakiro
01-01-2004, 03:11 AM
I'm a loner, most of the time.

Hunting with other people can be really annoying.

I agree that it can be annoying, but I also think if the screenroll is a big issue you should ignore the coming/going string, or just leave the area (especially if you're fried, cause absorption rates on the field are shit).

If you used Stormfront (which I know you don't) you could also just pay attention to the room window instaed of the primary window.

I don't think you'd get away with reporting him though... not that you would.

Nakiro.

Drew2
01-01-2004, 03:13 AM
What's more annoying than stupidity?

<---------

HarmNone
01-01-2004, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Tayre

What's more annoying than stupidity?

<---------

Heh. You are not all that annoying, Tayre. A good deal of the time, you have something really relevant to say. About half of those times, you actually say it! :D

HarmNone, with tongue in cheek

Trinitis
01-01-2004, 03:37 AM
Something I think everyone is overlooking..is since the onset of GS4..scripting is a LOT faster when moving from room to room, and I mean a LOT. In a small area like this..he is going to be flying. I mean..I go from Solhaven to Landing in like 10-15 seconds..In a 7 room area..thats gotta be one HELL of a scroll.

-Adredrin

Betheny
01-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Kurapira
The point was that he was running around and she doesn't do it so she felt the need to cry about it and here we are.

she camps
he runs

Who cares.

Camping = standing in one area for longer than 5 seconds? :?:

DeV
01-01-2004, 03:24 PM
script hunting sucks.. unless im doing it. and i never have so it sucks.

Warriorbird
01-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Naw. You just sit in the middle of nowhere a lot.

MaryJane
01-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I'd have to say the best thing to do would be to remove peoples names from logs you're going to post where you're calling their actions 'annoying'. I know I wouldn't think kindly of it if someone posted something of my character and then called it annoying. Remove the name if you don't want this guy to take offense to what you say. According to you, it's not HIM you're complaining about, just the general action. Could have saved yourself a lot of grief.

Moist Happenings
01-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Right here.

I'm a firm believer that when you're in a small hunting area full of people you pick a room and stand there.

I'm not saying that what he did was right, or not annoying. But standing in one room in a small hunting area at least USED to be what was what you weren't supposed to do. Not sure on what the policy is these days though.

Xcalibur
01-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Best thing to make them leave their room is to move like a f-1

:D

Betheny
01-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by MaryJane
I'd have to say the best thing to do would be to remove peoples names from logs you're going to post where you're calling their actions 'annoying'. I know I wouldn't think kindly of it if someone posted something of my character and then called it annoying. Remove the name if you don't want this guy to take offense to what you say. According to you, it's not HIM you're complaining about, just the general action. Could have saved yourself a lot of grief.

I don't have grief because of this guy, I had a laugh.

The only reason this guy came here and started posting is beause Edine told him I was talking shit about him. Sorry, you can read this thread over and over, I did not start insulting him until he came here with his flame-guns blazing.

Myentin
01-02-2004, 02:55 PM
I don't have grief because of this guy, I had a laugh.

The only reason this guy came here and started posting is beause Edine told him I was talking shit about him. Sorry, you can read this thread over and over, I did not start insulting him until he came here with his flame-guns blazing.

Actually you insulted me by posting my name on some boards that I didn't even know existed. Yes Edine told me, but Edine is a good friend of mine. In the game he is a really big asshole, but in rl, he's a nice guy and he was doin me a favor.

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 02:59 PM
<<Actually you insulted me by posting my name on some boards that I didn't even know existed.>>

You don't have a place on the Bobmuhthol Scale of Stupidity yet. Please keep it that way.

If you're insulted that your name was posted on a GemStone message board regarding something that happened in GemStone, that's just too bad.

Betheny
01-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Copyright your name, th en you can have complete control over it.

Seriously, if you plan on online RPG you should not be surprised when people see you, know about you, or talk about you by that name. DUH

Myentin
01-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Bob, you're 13. Don't you have better things to do then criticise me here where I can't do anything to you? Can't you go home and whack off to a swimsuit calendar?

Naina
01-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Oh damn, I missed out on all the good Myentin bashing? *snap*

Caramia
01-02-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm going to agree with Maimara here, which I seem to be doing more often lately, that Figures -- which is a small hunting area, is often best served standing in one spot and waiting for them to come to you.

No matter how many people you have running around up in that 9-room area, they do not gen any faster because you move around more quickly.

XML (Extensible Markup Language) has nothing to do with game code or creature generation. XML only provides the text formatted interface between the game window and the game language, which many GMs have already posted is unique to GS. So triggering XML commands by moving around at an unnatural pace doesn't create more Figures.

It's also a widely known fact that some areas gen more depending upon the number of people in the area. I've seen that myself in warfarers. And I'm betting the code is sophisticated enough that no matter what speed you race around at, you can't fool it into thinking you're six people.