PDA

View Full Version : connection issues anyone?

Allereli
07-04-2008, 10:43 PM
The last week or so I've been getting booted randomly from the game and it'll take me a couple of minutes before I can log in or connect to the play.net site. I have no other internet problems except for this. Anyone else having this problem?

Allereli
07-12-2008, 01:06 PM
This shit is only happening to me on the weekends. This sucks.

The Ponzzz
07-12-2008, 01:23 PM
You might think it's just play.net, but are you running Vista on a wireless router for Internet?

Allereli
07-12-2008, 01:40 PM
You might think it's just play.net, but are you running Vista on a wireless router for Internet?

no vista. All week I was fine, but starting last night it started up again.

The Ponzzz
07-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure if XP had the same update, but Vista did and it has nuked my wireless. Once I go wired, I'm fine. My entire internet goes down for a split second or two, but it's most noticable in GemStone where I become extremely laggy and then disconnect and not be able to get back on play.net for awhile.

Asile
07-13-2008, 09:48 AM
I've been having the same problem, and it's ONLY my ability to connect with play.net (ran a ping on it last night after I got booted a 2nd time; got perfect responses from every other website I tried). It's something else, because at the time of my 2nd boot, I'd hooked into my router by cable because it seemed something was up with my wireless connection, and I run XP.

One thing I am trying today, suggested by a friend who'd had issues a few weeks ago, is turning off the Windows firewall. Since he did that, he hasn't had any problems, so we'll see how that goes.

Allereli
07-19-2008, 09:20 AM
damn, didn't see your post til now Asile, I'll try that too. I actually found enough crap in my closet to make a cable long enough to reach the router in my living room. Hope my roommate doesn't get mad.

Asile
07-19-2008, 11:01 AM
damn, didn't see your post til now Asile, I'll try that too. I actually found enough crap in my closet to make a cable long enough to reach the router in my living room. Hope my roommate doesn't get mad.

I should have posted an update, but disabling Windows firewall did NOT work for me with my issues. In fact, it seemed like there was nothing I could do on my end at all: a tracert during one of my disconnects showed that there was an issue somewhere between New York and Chicago, which they seemed to have cleared up now. Thank god.

Allereli
07-19-2008, 11:14 AM
well, i plugged in and no drops this morning. it'll have to do until i finish alchemy or monday when everything becomes fine again