PDA

View Full Version : Worst Injury Ever!

Gallows Thief
07-03-2008, 09:46 AM
It hurt just reading this story....

"There seems to be an overabundance of sports-related testicle injuries over the past three months. First it was Felix Pie's "twisted testicle", then Flyers' winger Patrick Thoresen's severe testicle bruising and, now, most horrifying of them all, Arizona Diamondbacks' catcher Chris Snyder's "fractured" testicle, which he will have surgery on today. Snyder was hit with a foul ball in the groin area on Monday night and later diagnosed with a "left testicular fracture."

Now, what exactly happens when you fracture a testicle? According to this handy breakdown on eMedicine, it's a rip or tear in the "tunica albuginea resulting in extrusion of the testicular contents." At first glance, "tunica albuginea" sounds like an exotic dining room paint color or prehistoric fish, but it's actually a "layer of connective tissue covering of the testicles." You need that, if you'd like your testicles to thrive, function, and not end up in your" chest cavity each time you sit down. So, that's what he's getting fixed.

fallenSaint
07-03-2008, 10:13 AM
No sport can be worth that...

Kyra231
07-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Urgh fractured testicles...brought back my memory of a 40 y/o man at the hospital who 'jumped over a shovel' and fractured both of his. Although his were bleeding enough he had to wear a pad.

I might not have remembered him except I believe he was the only man to come through who refused any help from the any staff & wanted only his mother to wash his testicles for him(his words exactly).

Prior to today I think that was the only time I'd heard of anyone fracturing their testicles...such a strange injury, I can't imagine going right back into whatever sport you hurt yourself like that after recovery. Hopefully only with a stainless steel padded cup.

~K.

Doughboy
07-03-2008, 10:31 AM
God damn that has got to hurt...

Worst one I ever heard of/saw was this skater who literally ripped himself a new asshole. Was grinding down a staircase banister, and slipped. Clipped the end of the railing with his ass and just tore it open from like his sack back to the base of his back. Not an area I'd want to get stitched up..

Doughboy
07-03-2008, 10:45 AM
You win...

The shooting himself in the leg part did get a laugh out of me though...

NocturnalRob
07-03-2008, 10:54 AM
You win...

The shooting himself in the leg part did get a laugh out of me though...

haha...yeah, i mean, if i were asleep in a tent and then all of a sudden a polar bear's jaws were clamped on my head, i don't think my aim would be all that good either.

Asha
07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
The foot one was serious. Nice.

Allereli
07-03-2008, 11:24 AM
omg i think i'm going to puke

Sean of the Thread
07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
That is some serious hole in his ankle. Almost puts emislitty's to shame.

NocturnalRob
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
yeah, it's pretty brutal. i'm sure there's grosser stuff out there, but I'd be hard-pressed to find it.

Gan
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
DUDE!

That ankle shot was awesome!

You see the achillies tendon still attached?!?

hahaha A+++