PDA

View Full Version : Blocky Invar Hair-Clip

Perigee
07-02-2008, 10:32 AM
This hair-clip has been completely covered with etched geometric tracery inlaid with gold.

Mage rechargable imbed
Bonus to First Aid - +1 rank
Bonus to Spiritual Lore - Summoning +2 ranks
Must have 17 ranks to use
The bard said to be very careful because it's crumbly after the last charge is used

The bard said it had a value of 800k

crb
07-02-2008, 03:46 PM
thats is mine, I'd appreciate it being returned.

thefarmer
07-02-2008, 04:27 PM
thats is mine, I'd appreciate it being returned.

?

Stunseed
07-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Did the loresong include an owner/registration?

Perigee
07-02-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm a reasonable person and if it's yours and you can prove it I'd be happy to return it. Did a mob take it from you? What information can you provide?

Oh, and if there was an owner that loresing could provide the bard did not give that information.

Liberi Fatali
07-02-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm a reasonable person and if it's yours and you can prove it I'd be happy to return it. Did a mob take it from you? What information can you provide?

Oh, and if there was an owner that loresing could provide the bard did not give that information.

I can vouch that it is his. I found that item the first day the loot system came out:

a delicate green garnet barrette.

The barrette resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 1 to First Aid Ranks.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 3 times.
It provides a bonus of 2 to Spiritual Lore - Summoning Ranks.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 17 times.
The barrette looks to have a huge number of charges remaining.

Loresings at 800k.

MB: 50k.
CB: 1 million to Virilneus.

Virilneus purchased it from me and had it altered. I was at the merchant he altered it into that.

He told me the other day that it crumbled and blamed me for being a shitty merchant -- haha. Then he realised he lost it. How'd you find it, curiously?

crb
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I can post a log if you like of me having it altered at the merchant, but Tabor kindly vouched for it that I indeed bought it, and then had it altered. Consequently it is also registered in my name. Since you posted the full description it isn't like I can verify ownership by citing the description.

I could also post the half dozen matching items I have in my inventory.

I assume thats enough then right? What is your character name so I can look for you in game?

crb
07-02-2008, 05:32 PM
oh and consequently the loresong thing is only for items stolen by critters looting corpses post death and only within the first hour of it being stolen.

Perigee
07-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I found it out hunting, that's why I'm asking how he/she could possibly have lost it, so we can figure this out. And if he thought it crumbled, that would have meant he used it, but the hair-pin I have has not been imbedded yet. It's fresh.

You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast at my hair
You gesture at a blocky invar hair-clip.
You sense that this is a magical item. There seems to be no spells or charges but the flows of essence are strangely attracted to it. You estimate that it can contain an average amount of mana.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)

Danical
07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
I found it out hunting, that's why I'm asking how he/she could possibly have lost it, so we can figure this out. And if he thought it crumbled, that would have meant he used it, but the hair-pin I have has not been imbedded yet. It's fresh.

You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast at my hair
You gesture at a blocky invar hair-clip.
You sense that this is a magical item. There seems to be no spells or charges but the flows of essence are strangely attracted to it. You estimate that it can contain an average amount of mana.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)

Where did he say he put a spell in it?

crb
07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
It is enhancive, and I thought it had crumbled because the enhancive was used up and I no longer had it on me.

You wanna know how I lost it? Noob mistake....

[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with abundant plant life. Thick grass underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is suspended above. You also see the Kaylisidee disk, a medicinal donations bin, a glaesine arch, a richly finished wooden bench with some stuff on it and a large faenor-chased barrel.
Also here: Dreknar, Lord Alex, Lady Kailya (sitting), Kaylisidee, Grand Lord Eliaku (sitting), Lady Erienne (sitting)
Obvious paths: out
>Dreknar looks a bit pale.
>remove hairYou remove a blocky invar hair-clip that was nestled in your hair.
>Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>put hair in vesYou put a blocky invar hair-clip in a fuzzy nut brown vest.
>An animated grizzled Ithzir adept staggers in, barely able to keep his feet!
>.en1LOOK[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]

How you found it out hunting I won't know, but it certainly is mine.

crb
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
And again... I have many items altered in a similar style.

look chain
This chain is made from large links of wrought invar, each meticulously engraved with gold-inlaid geometric tracery.

look arm
Central to this suit of armor is a hardened cuirass with overlapping purple myklian scales cascading down a vest of shaggy lion skin. Each scale is etched in gold with geometric knotwork and edged with a thin strip of golden mithril. The breast and back plates are clasped under the arms with four large invar buckles, two to each side. Purple leather arm and leg greaves, also etched with knotwork and edged in mithril, have been attached to the cuirass for full body protection. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

>look shield pin
This pin has an intricate border of carved geometric tracery. In the center of the shield, inlaid in polished eonake, are the words "May the strength of your clan protect you."

"geometric knotwork" or "geometric tracery" is like angular celtic designs (sharp angles instead of curves) and I've never seen it used by anyone else in game in any designs.

Xaerve
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
I can vouch for CRB owning said pin, I have seen it on his person.

Where were you hunting when you found it? You sure you didn't grab it from the dais by mistake?

Perigee
07-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Ok, I did some log searching. I thought I had gotten it out of a box, but after checking apparently I had picked it up off a bench.

Can you tell me a city/and what type of container the hair-clip was in?

Xaerve
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here...

[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with abundant plant life. Thick grass underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is suspended above. You also see the Kaylisidee disk, a medicinal donations bin, a glaesine arch, a richly finished wooden bench with some stuff on it and a large faenor-chased barrel.
Also here: Dreknar, Lord Alex, Lady Kailya (sitting), Kaylisidee, Grand Lord Eliaku (sitting), Lady Erienne (sitting)
Obvious paths: out
>Dreknar looks a bit pale.
>remove hairYou remove a blocky invar hair-clip that was nestled in your hair.
>Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>put hair in vesYou put a blocky invar hair-clip in a fuzzy nut brown vest.
>An animated grizzled Ithzir adept staggers in, barely able to keep his feet!
>.en1LOOK[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]

Perigee
07-02-2008, 06:08 PM
It's CRB's (who is CRB?)

Where would you like to meet? I'm in Illistim and can go to Four Winds

And damn you guys can search logs fast, it took me a while

crb
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Virilneus, I peeked in on you earlier but had to go take a shower so just missed you, I pm'd you my aim info

crb
07-02-2008, 06:20 PM
its been returned, thanks all

Fallen
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Good man, Perigee.

Martaigne
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Good woman. :D

Sylvan Dreams
07-02-2008, 07:56 PM
oh and consequently the loresong thing is only for items stolen by critters looting corpses post death and only within the first hour of it being stolen.

The name sticks around on an item for longer than an hour, at least, it did on a few items I've found.