PDA

View Full Version : Some old mithril leg greaves

Some Rogue
06-24-2008, 11:12 PM
The first thing that strikes you about the greaves is the weight, which is about 4 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 1,000,000 silvers. You can also tell that there is some type of metal in the structure of the mithril leg greaves.

It has a bonus of +5 from a normal greaves, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it serves some type of defensive purpose, different from that of normal armor.
It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

The harmonics generated tell you that the greaves has been infused with a disintegrating substance. The magical harmonics reveal that legs are better protected when wearing the mithril leg greaves.

Izzy
06-25-2008, 08:43 AM
The first thing that strikes you about the greaves is the weight, which is about 4 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 1,000,000 silvers. You can also tell that there is some type of metal in the structure of the mithril leg greaves.

It has a bonus of +5 from a normal greaves, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it serves some type of defensive purpose, different from that of normal armor.
It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

The harmonics generated tell you that the greaves has been infused with a disintegrating substance. The magical harmonics reveal that legs are better protected when wearing the mithril leg greaves.

Does this mean disintegration flares, or acid flares? I thought acid was a "corrosive" substance, but I've never thought of disintegration beams as being any sort of substance.

If it IS disintegration beams of awesomeness, I'll bid a mil ;)

Sthrockmorton
06-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Reactive or active flares? Or both?

Some Rogue
06-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Both

You crouch, sweep a leg at a jungle troll chieftain and connect!
A jungle troll chieftain falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.
** Your mithril leg greaves release a shimmering beam of disintegration at the troll chieftain! **
... 20 points of damage!
Flesh painfully vaporized from side!
Roundtime: 5 sec.

A red-scaled thrak claws at you!
AS: +278 vs DS: +243 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +80 = +140
... and hits for 4 points of damage!
Thrust glances off your knee.
Might be stiff tomorrow, but it's okay now.
** Your mithril leg greaves release a shimmering beam of disintegration at the red-scaled thrak! **
... 35 points of damage!
Deep hole created in back, narrowly missing spinal cord!
The red-scaled thrak is stunned!

Brielus
06-26-2008, 02:35 AM
hrm lemme know what yer lookin for, those look like fun.

Kitsun
06-26-2008, 02:52 AM
That is pretty spiffy. Hell, flares don't even bring down the chance to sweep like spikes do right?

The 8lb, spiked glaes set went for what? 2-3m?

BigWorm
06-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Planning on putting these up for sale? I'd be interested as well

Martaigne
06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
I think I want those.

Some Rogue
06-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Just put em up for sale. Bid!